The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Stam SA-47
Old 8th October 2018 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughgear View Post
Here's a video comparing the SA-47 to a Neumann U47 and a Peluso 2247 LE on male vocals.

The Stam definitely beats out the Peluso to my ears, and doesn't seem better or worse than the actual U47 either. They just seem like slightly different mics, the Stam being a little darker. But it's really hard to qualify one over the other for me.
Old 8th October 2018 | Show parent
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldenfilms View Post
The Stam definitely beats out the Peluso to my ears, and doesn't seem better or worse than the actual U47 either. They just seem like slightly different mics, the Stam being a little darker. But it's really hard to qualify one over the other for me.
Just to complete reality, that is a Neumann with an M7 capsule reskinned by Thiersch, not a completely original Neumann capsule. Kind of belongs in the info pool me thinks.....tricky to compare when you build a mic with an M7 as not many original M7's still work right and comparing to a mic with a k47 would also be off, but still wants pointing out, as reskinned isn't like original either.
Old 9th October 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
Not me. I put down a deposit about 2 months ago, but haven't received an invoice or anything yet. Looking forward to getting it, though!
I want to wish you luck on your wait. I made an initial deposit a year and almost 2 months ago... still waiting!
Old 9th October 2018 | Show parent
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlfoshizi View Post
I want to wish you luck on your wait. I made an initial deposit a year and almost 2 months ago... still waiting!
Your unit is ready
Email me at [email protected] please
Old 11th October 2018 | Show parent
Quote:
14 months? I had no idea it might be that long.

Joshua, could you let us know what the estimated wait time is on these?

Thanks!
Old 11th October 2018 | Show parent
Company Rep
Quote:
14 months? I had no idea it might be that long.

Joshua, could you let us know what the estimated wait time is on these?

Thanks!
Right now is 3 to 5 weeks

Thanks!
Old 14th October 2018
Gear Maniac

The website says SA47 is in stock. How is it that all pre-orders haven't been completed? If someone ordered today, when should they expect to receive it?
Old 14th October 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanaconda View Post
Your unit is ready
Email me at [email protected] please
Funny how that happens...

R.
Old 17th October 2018 | Show parent

I have just seen that Stam Audio products are now available in Europe via GEAR4MUSIC.com!

Also, there's a review of the SA-47 on AMAZONA.de
(it's in german but google translation might help)
Old 17th October 2018 | Show parent
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughgear View Post

I have just seen that Stam Audio products are now available in Europe via GEAR4MUSIC.com!

Also, there's a review of the SA-47 on AMAZONA.de
(it's in german but google translation might help)
We are very happy to be working with GEAR4MUSIC!

If anyone wants to take a look at the review: Test: Neumann U47, Peluso 2247 LE, Stam Audio SA-47, Mikrofone - AMAZONA.de
Old 20th October 2018 | Show parent
Here for the gear
For what it's worth, I just gave my little review of the SA-47 as well here on Gearslutz. It's a really, really good mic.
Old 20th October 2018 | Show parent
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ep77 View Post
For what it's worth, I just gave my little review of the SA-47 as well here on Gearslutz. It's a really, really good mic.
Thank you! Feels good to read an honest and positive review.
Old 17th January 2019
Company Rep
Any more reviews?

We have shipped hundreds of these!

Thanks
Old 17th January 2019 | Show parent
Deleted 4a3acc1
[QUOTE=miguelbatalha;13575963]We are very happy to be working with GEAR4MUSIC!

There is nothing on their website? could you confirm when they will be taking orders & having stock.
Old 17th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Any more reviews?

Thanks
I’ll make sure I’ll make videos, articles and AB comparisons once I’ll receive mine!
Old 30th January 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Any more reviews?

Thanks
Still waiting for mine. Ordered last October.
Old 30th January 2019
I ordered mine in July, paid in full in November, and received it about 2 weeks ago.

I’ve been really busy with work and need a bit more time to test it, but it sounds great. I’ll write a review in the next few weeks.
Old 30th January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Wow so these went from a "Stock" price of $990 (or $790 if you put down a $200 deposit/pre-order) up to "Stock" price of $1590 now?

Was there some updated components in the meantime?

I do have to laugh just a little though as historically "stock" meant something was actually "in stock" and, but, well, we know by now that "in stock" has a very different meaning in Stam-world.

R.
Old 31st January 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Betsey View Post
Wow so these went from a "Stock" price of $990 (or $790 if you put down a $200 deposit/pre-order) up to "Stock" price of $1590 now?

Was there some updated components in the meantime?

I do have to laugh just a little though as historically "stock" meant something was actually "in stock" and, but, well, we know by now that "in stock" has a very different meaning in Stam-world.

R.
Too long ago to remember exactly what happened, but I don’t think anyone paid 790 or 990. The design or components may have changed soon after the original announcement and the price changed accordingly.
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Maniac

I ordered my SA47 in June 2017, paid for it in full in June 2018 and am still yet to receive it!
Has anyone else waited as long for theirs??
Pretty certain several others have ordered theirs much later than this but have received their mic.
What’s the most frustrating is that it has said “in stock” on the website for about a year now
Old 7th February 2019 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasntbeen View Post
I ordered my SA47 in June 2017, paid for it in full in June 2018 and am still yet to receive it!
Pretty certain several others have ordered theirs much later than this but have received their mic.
What’s the most frustrating is that it has said “in stock” on the website for about a year now
I ordered in May 2017, paid for it in full in December 2018 and still haven't received my SA-47 even after many emails
It's been a very frustrating experience so far with this order. I also have a SA-2A and 1073MPA which I love.
Old 8th February 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixli View Post
I ordered in May 2017, paid for it in full in December 2018 and still haven't received my SA-47 even after many emails
It's been a very frustrating experience so far with this order. I also have a SA-2A and 1073MPA which I love.
Wow ok, so perhaps we aren’t the only ones!
That’s quickly approaching 2 years wait now.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I ordered mine in July, paid in full in November, and received it about 2 weeks ago.

I’ve been really busy with work and need a bit more time to test it, but it sounds great. I’ll write a review in the next few weeks.
Ordered in July of 2018?
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Right now is 3 to 5 weeks

Thanks!
At least two of us have waited 20 months, how can the lead time be 3-5 weeks on new orders?!
Company Rep
Quote:
At least two of us have waited 20 months, how can the lead time be 3-5 weeks on new orders?!
Because we now have stock on parts

Lead times will be one week soon on this item
Company Rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixli View Post
Email me please so I can look into this and offer a solution ([email protected])

Thanks in advance
Company Rep
Quote:
[email protected] please
I will look into this
J
Here for the gear

Quote:
Email me please so I can look into this and offer a solution ([email protected])

Thanks in advance
responded.
Old 15th March 2019 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

I received mine about a month ago and I did order it way back in 2017. It's super smooth and it really sounds great without any eq. Well worth the wait
Old 14th May 2019
Lives for gear

Just received my SA-47 and after a short test I can say it’s really super well built and it sounds amazing right out of the box. Not noisy for a tube mic and very well balanced. Very close to the 47 sound we know and love. More testing and review to come.
📝 Reply