The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Introducing Serato Sample: A groundbreaking sampling plugin for producers
Old 19th April 2017
News Desk Editor

Introducing Serato Sample: A groundbreaking sampling plugin for producers

Introducing Serato Sample: A groundbreaking sampling plugin for producers-serato-sample.png

Serato is excited to announce the public beta launch for Serato Sample: a fun, fast, high-quality production plugin that allows you to quickly find, chop, key shift and time stretch samples.

Until now, producers have struggled to freely manipulate samples while maintaining high-grade audio quality. This has been solved with Sample, an intuitive sampling tool powered by Serato’s original plugin, Pitch ‘n Time.

Since Serato launched almost 20 years ago, Pitch ‘n Time has remained the industry standard in pitch-shifting and time-stretching software. They’ve now come full circle, incorporating that powerful technology into an exciting new sampling plugin.

Serato CEO, Young Ly, says, “Over the years we’ve seen huge growth in the crossover between DJing and producing so it feels like a natural next step for us to return to the world of production. And in turn it made sense to leverage our successful plugin, Pitch ‘n Time.

We’re very excited about Serato Sample and the feedback from our private beta has been extremely positive. The next phase is public beta to ensure a top quality product is released. Check out serato.com/sample if you're interested in finding out more."

Serato Sample is aimed at mid to high level experienced producers and works in leading production software such as Ableton Live, FL Studio, Logic Pro and Maschine.
Key Features:
Works in leading music production software
Including Ableton Live, FL Studio, Logic Pro and Maschine.

Flawless key detection and shifting
Find the key and then shift it with the power of Pitch ‘n Time.

Find the best samples with Autoset
With one click our algorithm finds 16 of the best samples to work with.

Familiar Cue Point workflow
Use Serato DJ's popular Cue Point workflow to set and trigger pads.

Change samples beyond recognition
Manipulate each pad individually. Mess with key, bpm and more.

Serato’s famous colored waveforms
Visually understand tracks without having to listen to them. Red for bass, blue for highs.

Jump around tracks with ease
Find what you’re after with waveform scrub and needle drop.

For more information and to join the beta please visit: http://serato.com/sample
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing Serato Sample: A groundbreaking sampling plugin for producers-serato-sample.png  
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Addict

It doesn't let me to write in my email in the plugin registration window. So I can't even try it.
Cubase 9.0.10
Win10 x64

Edit. I finally inserted my email address by hitting Always On Top window, typing my email in notepad and then copy/paste it into the plugin.
But it won't accept my password which I used for registration.

Good start.

Strange beta, where should we post our comments about it? There is no such thread on their official forum, actually, there is one, but it's locked.
Old 19th April 2017
Here for the gear
Hey Detch,

This was released a bit too soon should be able to join the beta by 9am NZ time (in 1hr 15mins)
Old 19th April 2017
Here for the gear

Hey Detch,

I work at Serato - looks like you jumped onto the beta before it was officially launched. That's okay though, it's all live now!

Can you please clarify what the actual problem is that you are having?
Are you not able to log-in to the Serato Sample application page on the website? Or have you done this and are having problems logging into the actual Serato Sample plugin inside Cubase?

Let me know and I'll help you out.
Logan.
Old 20th April 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Serato View Post
Hey Detch,

I work at Serato - looks like you jumped onto the beta before it was officially launched. That's okay though, it's all live now!

Can you please clarify what the actual problem is that you are having?
Are you not able to log-in to the Serato Sample application page on the website? Or have you done this and are having problems logging into the actual Serato Sample plugin inside Cubase?

Let me know and I'll help you out.
Logan.
Hello Logan
Hehe, ok.
I can login to your website, but I can't login within plugin it says the wrong password for my email.

But it still has issues in Cubase with filling in test fields.
Old 20th April 2017
Here for the gear

Sorry to hear Cubase is not working right away. But just wanted to add in to the conversation about Serato Sample. I have tested Serato Sample with Ableton, Logic, and Maschine and it has worked really well. For the Maschine app with the Maschine controller, make sure that under Pad Mode, that you are using Keyboard for the pads. And also make sure that you are in range for C1 - C2 for the octaves to make the pads work. You can do 16 instances of Serato Sample in a group so you can manipulate a bunch of different sample sources and have them all in key with each other. Pretty amazing! I hope you get a chance to play around with it soon!
Old 20th April 2017
Gear Head
This seems like it is aimed more at DJs. I wanted to help with their beta testing but I got a sorry you are not experienced enough. With a self produced album in the iTunes Store in which I played and produced all instruments as well, I think I got more than enough experience. I did say I am not a dj so although they seem to want beta testers, you have more of a chance if you are a DJ.
Old 9th May 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieJay View Post
This seems like it is aimed more at DJs . . .
I am enjoying the beta and plan to write a user review, which will definitely be positive.

Is this for a DJ or a music producer? Browsing the Serato website (www.serato.com) would lead one to believe they serve DJs, but they also provide ProTools and Logic users with their award-winning Pitch ‘n Time software. As a company, they clearly have two markets, and I’d dare to say Sample bridges the gap.

I'm not a DJ. I write and produce music. Serato Sample is fantastic for fast, fun, and effective sample manipulation.

Last edited by Tommy Zai; 10th May 2017 at 04:42 AM..
Old 10th May 2017
Gear Addict

Looks interesting, I hope they will get it working with Cubase.
Old 11th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Lovely plugin. At first I had to get over how simple it was. Like "it doesn't do this or this" BUT that simplicity makes everything else sooo much faster.

Kinda a vague review I know but what I found the plugin great for is loading up any song and getting samples out of it quickly. Very nice work serato!!
Old 11th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by opmiller View Post
You can do 16 instances of Serato Sample in a group so you can manipulate a bunch of different sample sources and have them all in key with each other. Pretty amazing! I hope you get a chance to play around with it soon!
Hi,
How do you proceed to do so...? cuz this would be my first request for a future update.
Here the list

-Being able to eject a track while keeping some cells to load another track and set some more cells And being able to Save all slices in a SERATO/SAMPLE folder in Logic/DAW folder project.
Like that if you loose the track where your samples are from , you still have the slices to work with..

- Resizable GUI

(More optional):

- Undo Redo arrows

- ADSR per cells to shape the samples like we’ve been doing with hardware sampler (ASR-10 for me)

- Some looping mode per slice ( forward and backward looping is useful..)

I'm demoing SAMPLE since 2 days and i can tell i'm going to buy it for sure..!

Thanks

Ok, i think you were talking 'bout machine.. to be able to set groups.. more sample sources..
Old 11th September 2017
Lives for gear

What would be really neat too: being able to reorganise the cells once editing is done.
To play samples on piano keyboard, sometimes it's easier to play them in order.. didn't found the way to exchange cells position..
A control clic on each cell with a menu like - copy paste - exchange two cells.. etc would be neat..
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear