The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LiquidSonics releases Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Pro Native Reverbs
Old 18th April 2017
News Desk Editor

LiquidSonics releases Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Pro Native Reverbs

LiquidSonics releases Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Pro Native Reverbs-image-pro.jpg

LiquidSonics’ Seventh Heaven Professional is dedicated to the reproduction of the most sought after hardware reverberation tool of a generation – the Bricasti M7.

By combining the realism of Fusion-IR with an extensive multi-sampling of the legendary hardware reverb, Seventh Heaven Professional truly redefines contemporary producers’ expectations of any native software reverb plug-in.

Seventh Heaven Professional’s advanced digital signal processing techniques intertwine with controls that closely mirror those of the M7, for the first time capturing the freedom of an algorithmic reverb within the breathtaking clarity and authenticity of a Fusion-IR reverb.

Special introductory price of £199 (usually £249). Try the free demo today (iLok required).

LiquidSonics releases Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Pro Native Reverbs-image-regular.jpg

Using the same core technology, the more affordable Seventh Heaven is an indispensable tool for the budget conscious producer. Experience thirty of the best M7 presets in this incredibly easy to use and extremely powerful plug-in. Available now for £49 (usually £59).

These are unofficial plug-ins produced and distributed by LiquidSonics with the expressed permission of Bricasti Design Ltd. All Bricasti and M7 sample content and trademarks are copyright Bricasti Design Ltd. All software is copyright LiquidSonics Ltd.

Links :
https://www.liquidsonics.com/softwar...-professional/
https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/seventh-heaven/
Attached Thumbnails
LiquidSonics releases Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Pro Native Reverbs-image-pro.jpg   LiquidSonics releases Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Pro Native Reverbs-image-regular.jpg  
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Maniac

So, has Casey's position changed on the matter of M7 IR's being used in a commercial release? My understanding is this was that he only supported this when the IR's were being released free-of-cost. Seeing as Seventh Heaven is solely providing Fusion-IR's of the M7, as far as I understand...

Generally curious...
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapswan View Post
So, has Casey's position changed on the matter of M7 IR's being used in a commercial release? My understanding is this was that he only supported this when the IR's were being released free-of-cost. Seeing as Seventh Heaven is solely providing Fusion-IR's of the M7, as far as I understand...

Generally curious...
Casey gave permission for LiquidSonics to proceed with the project.
Old 18th April 2017
Lives for gear

Difference in sound between Reverberate M7 and Seventh Heaven Pro is negligible,but price...
I have Reverberate 2 license and have to paid 200$ for update to Seventh Heaven Pro.
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsonics View Post
Casey gave permission for LiquidSonics to proceed with the project.
Nice, I am looking forward to trying it out!
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Guru

Lol how many threads does this has lol i don t know where to post my walkthrought , so here it is again ....

Did i said i love it ....?

Anybody made a direct comparaison with the verbsuites ones ?
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
Difference in sound between Reverberate M7 and Seventh Heaven Pro is negligible,but price...
I have Reverberate 2 license and have to paid 200$ for update to Seventh Heaven Pro.
The original Fusion-IRs are fantastic of course. What the plugin truly brings is an enormous step forwards in the approach to editing the reverbs in the style of algorithmic reverbs which makes it a great creative tool. This stuff wasn't possible before with sampled reverb. Plus a great UI which makes everything really accessible.
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsonics View Post
The original Fusion-IRs are fantastic of course. What the plugin truly brings is an enormous step forwards in the approach to editing the reverbs in the style of algorithmic reverbs which makes it a great creative tool. This stuff wasn't possible before with sampled reverb. Plus a great UI which makes everything really accessible.
If we don't touch the settings , is it the same impulses sound ?
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

I am in love with this beast.
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
If we don't touch the settings , is it the same impulses sound ?
Good question.
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Anybody made a direct comparaison with the verbsuites ones ?
Yes I have.
You will notice that some presets with exactly the same name have slightly different decay times in SHP.
I think this means they reflect more accurately the original hardware presets.

If you load the same named presets in SHP and VerbSuite Classics it is difficult to hear much difference, even more so in a mix.

But, it is when you want to dial in changes like decay, pre-delay and balance between early and late reflections that SHP moves into a new world.
Plus you have the additional advanced controls and very nice eq options.
The VLF control is really handy too.

VerbSuites is a fantastic option if you want to use the factory presets as they are, without serious tweaking, an incredible range of verbs.

If you want to dig into the M7 presets and dial in something you think works better on the source than the factory presets SHP is for you.
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Yes I have.
You will notice that some presets with exactly the same name have slightly different decay times in SHP.
I think this means they reflect more accurately the original hardware presets.

If you load the same named presets in SHP and VerbSuite Classics it is difficult to hear much difference, even more so in a mix.

But, it is when you want to dial in changes like decay, pre-delay and balance between early and late reflections that SHP moves into a new world.
Plus you have the additional advanced controls and very nice eq options.
The VLF control is really handy too.

VerbSuites is a fantastic option if you want to use the factory presets as they are, without serious tweaking, an incredible range of verbs.

If you want to dig into the M7 presets and dial in something you think works better on the source than the factory presets SHP is for you.
Thks the dayz i hated convos are def gone ...
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
exactly! that is why it is making it hard to swallow for Reverberate 2 users. Paying 230$ just to tweak. I admit all the fun there but 230$ to tweak it is a bit harsh.
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

This is taking a convolution reverb and using it like an algorithm reverb. Realness but with real manipulation and no artifacts.

Pretty awesome.
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Addict

Nice product, Matt. You've written earlier that more Fusion IRs will be made available for Reverberate 2 and you've written that you hope to release to the public the software and methods for capturing one's own Fusion IRs for Reverberate 2 once the process is made user friendly. Are you still planning to do this? Thanks.
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Addict

This thing sounds really good and its greatly helped by the UI. There are good reverbs out there that sound good but have too many options to tweak the sound and are confusing. This one strikes a nice balance imo.

Regarding the bundle, what is the benefit of getting the bundle as opposed to just the professional version? Is there something the little one has that the pro doesnt?
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by msflsim View Post
This thing sounds really good and its greatly helped by the UI. There are good reverbs out there that sound good but have too many options to tweak the sound and are confusing. This one strikes a nice balance imo.

Regarding the bundle, what is the benefit of getting the bundle as opposed to just the professional version? Is there something the little one has that the pro doesnt?
The smalll one seems lighter on cpu and hdd lol see the small one some to use in the production stage or for exemple typical stuff i allow myself to use builfing a beat within maschine ( i have small effecient tools for that with gui s straight to the point like air plugin , mcdsp ect ..) but it can be questionnable to have both ...

At fisrt i thought they would do like other brands , soundtoys , plugin allaince ect...get the small one upgrade to the big one or get the big one and get the small one with it ...
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
The smalll one seems lighter on cpu and hdd lol see the small one some to use in the production stage or for exemple typical stuff i allow myself to use builfing a beat within maschine ( i have small effecient tools for that with gui s straight to the point like air plugin , mcdsp ect ..) but it can be questionnable to have both ...

At fisrt i thought they would do like other brands , soundtoys , plugin allaince ect...get the small one upgrade to the big one or get the big one and get the small one with it ...
You can also do this with the big one by not installing the other IR's i think?

Great video btw, thanks for doing it!
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

Well... I tried the demo on a busy acoustic mix yesterday.
This is a VERY GOOD reverb!
I also, did compare some presets with the same Bricasti presets of Reverberate 2.
I don't know what the developer did here, but I can say that they sounded much better here, with a better sense of width and instruments separation in the mix.
Kudos!!
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

I just took it for a spin and I agree that it sounds a little "better" than the same presets from Reverberate do. Seventh Heaven sounds less dull and closed in - more modulated/alive - more open and more separated from the source signal in a good way. The dry signal sounds better using this new one.

There is alas still another noticeable improvement when I fire the old Bricasti Hardware up. The racked original sounds even more rich, modulated, alive, effortless and just gels a bit better. The real M7 sounds less like something you stuck on top of the dry signal. So, unfortunately I can not sell the HW yet. I can, however scrap Reverberate and move to this one instead. :D The user experience is soooooo much better that I doubt I will ever use Reverberate again. Def not for the M7 impulses, thats fo sho.
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thks the dayz i hated convos are def gone ...
Pretty much the purpose of LiquidSonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skap View Post
Nice product, Matt. You've written earlier that more Fusion IRs will be made available for Reverberate 2 and you've written that you hope to release to the public the software and methods for capturing one's own Fusion IRs for Reverberate 2 once the process is made user friendly. Are you still planning to do this? Thanks.
No real change to any policy, but it's clearly taken me a lot longer than I had planned to get to that point. Sometimes it is hard to anticipate the way new opportunities come along and cause havoc with existing plans! There is a lot going on in the background for LiquidSonics at the moment, but it's wisest to just keep quiet about it all until I'm ready to announce I think.

Quote:
What I've often found is some people like to own both a simple and full version of a product since the smaller ones can be a little more immediate. In this case that's probably true too since dragging the preset dial to go straight to the preset you want is super quick. As always, it's a bit of a personal thing. You can achieve the same effect in the pro as with the standard for any of the presets in standard.

Quote:
You can also do this with the big one by not installing the other IR's i think?
It's not possible for the standard and pro to share data files. There are technical differences to the files since the standard and pro don't have the exact same features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios View Post
I just took it for a spin and I agree that it sounds a little "better" than the same presets from Reverberate do. Seventh Heaven sounds less dull and closed in - more modulated/alive - more open and more separated from the source signal in a good way. The dry signal sounds better using this new one.
The early, late and low reverbs have dedicated convolvers that are tuned (in terms of high level config and actual code customisations) to the specific needs of those different reverb components. So whilst, as some have said, on the same basic preset they do sound pretty similar, this will be the reason for a slight edge that some are picking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios View Post
There is alas still another noticeable improvement when I fire the old Bricasti Hardware up.
Indeed, it gets you closer and gets you more of the work-flow 'feel' of the hardware which I think is the real point of producing a plugin like this, but it sure doesn't replace your M7 if you have one. Like I always said for the original Fusion-IRs, if you have an M7 this would be a great 2nd or 3rd reverb if you can't stretch to extra units. Or if you can't stretch to buy the hardware at all yet, it's the best option for now if you want the sound and now some of the editing style.
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

Thanks for the replies. I agree that for a much smaller outlay you do get very close and that is just fantastic. Perhaps adding a soft chorus and perhaps even compression or expansion could bring it even closer to the real deal? Nevermind.

So, what is the trade-off with the non professional (amateur?) version? Fewer presets, sure. A little less CPU drain in ProTools Mac. Less control, but enough for most professionals. Less to be distracted by and spend time messing things up with.. :D I think that all the presets in the small version is from the V1 algorithms? I could at least not find any of the richer and more exiting v2 algos in the cheaper version. I think the two versions of the plugin sound the same when the (few) presets are the same. Do they? Please elaborate if you can.
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Addict

Thanks, Matt. Looking forward to the continuation. And good luck with this release.
Old 19th April 2017
Lives for gear

Sounds great! Congrats and best wishes!

-Casey
Old 19th April 2017
Deleted e49beec
Do the small version require ilok 2/3 or is ilok 1 okay ?
Old 19th April 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Sounds great! Congrats and best wishes!

-Casey
Your support is much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted e49beec View Post
Do the small version require ilok 2/3 or is ilok 1 okay ?
Both require iLok 2/3, iLok 1 is not supported. There are technical reasons for that, I'm using some features of the toolkit that iLok 1 cannot do.

Quote:
get the small one upgrade to the big one or get the big one and get the small one with it ...
A few people have asked if they can get the standard version and later upgrade to the pro / bundle, that's now possible on the upgrades page of the website. It works out the same price as if you'd bought the bundle in the first place.
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

This plug looks great but I am by disheartened by Liquidsonics switching to iLok when more and more companies are moving away from iLok. I'm afraid I'll have to pass.
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Thank god they switched to iLok. I couldn't stand another company that forces me to deal with challenge/response, codes nowhere to be found or another license on a USB key that is the exact same thing as an iLok but takes another USB port.

Back to the plugin.
Old 20th April 2017
Here for the gear

I was only able to afford the standard version, but holy crap, this thing is CLEAN. I was comparing it to some other of my reverbs and I noticed there's a boom/wash to a lot of them in, contrast to this, that require a lot of taming with the HP/LP filters (and that doesn't even always work out right)... that's sorta why I'm hesitant to use reverb in general as it never seems to sound right (either too weak or too much). This on the other hand, especially when thrown on a group bus or entire mix sounds so nice I'm hesitant to trust my ears and I'm waiting until tomorrow to see if it still sounds good.
Old 20th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
This plug looks great but I am by disheartened by Liquidsonics switching to iLok when more and more companies are moving away from iLok. I'm afraid I'll have to pass.
I LOVE this company but I've been iLok free for a bit now and will never go back. Bummer.

G
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search