LiquidSonics releases Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Pro Native Reverbs - Page 15 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
LiquidSonics releases Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Pro Native Reverbs
Old 29th March 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scolfaro View Post
Depends on how close to maxing out your resources you can get while producing/mixing. The fact that the iLok is there isn't even the crux of it. Either having to pay 50 bucks for losing a port, or being required to remain online while working, that's what I have a problem with. Depending on how much processor headroom you have, turning off your wi-fi on a MacBook may be the difference between having to freeze things or not etc. The normal iLok machine licensing I have nothing against, because you can register and then just work offline and with all your ports.

This argument sounds like an internal issue......... I have those all the times lol.

Bro, it'll be just fine. Most of us now live the USB hub / dongle life now adays. It's just the nature of the beast. Just enjoy the tech and let us know how you enjoy the reverb. I love it so much, I want to get the real thing now.
Old 29th March 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post
This argument sounds like an internal issue......... I have those all the times lol.

Bro, it'll be just fine. Most of us now live the USB hub / dongle life now adays. It's just the nature of the beast. Just enjoy the tech and let us know how you enjoy the reverb. I love it so much, I want to get the real thing now.

I swear though that the moment I have to buy another hub thingy for a freaking key-chain I'm going to loose it... In any case, I don't think Softube or SoundToys were ever cracked on MacOS, if anyone can convince me why iLok cloud or USB is better than that one, I'll shut my mouth, the same way you'd never see me complaining about iLok over at the Soundtoys or Softube thread...
Old 12th April 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Sheet, I super caved... I tested the small seventh heaven on a couple pre-productions and one big electronic set, and I was right away getting to very detailed yet clean unobtrusive results very fast. Didn't want to Shell out 300€ for one single processor, so I started testing reverberate to see if the other presets and their modulation had something, and the envelope on that one is brilliant, but the interface is confusing (I still don't know if and when I was using one impulse for left and the other for right, the blend, what the fusion button does etc). In the end I saw someone selling a license on Reverb for 65€ more than what I'd pay for reverberate 2 and I went for it...

Now I own both versions of seventh heaven

After working about half a day with it, I learned it has limitations, but when it is the right processor for the task at hand it's irreplaceable. There's a couple moments when algos do something it can't though. Right now I cannot get it to spread transient heavy material to the sides no matter what, I have the feeling this is the last frontier of its convolution and am under the impression that super short, fast, sharp and unobtrusive isn't really doable? Like making a bright and wide shadow to a stereo tap delay send, no matter how I tweak, it's always one step behind whereas the relab 6000 model just sits there and works in no time...

After loading up on acustica for the past half year I was hoping I wouldn't need to get all the reverbs ever, silly me. Acústica exposed the "plastic" in 95% of the processors I had, this one hangs in there brilliantly, and apparently relab algos too, for what this can't. Now I'm interested in Illusion, because it seems to blend the best of reverberate with the best in 7th heaven, minus 9gb of sampling (which is invaluable any way). How does illusion stack against 7th heaven and algos?
Old 12th April 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Scolfaro, you mentioned Relab 6000, did you mean VSR? Just asking.

I use Seven Heaven Pro along my hardware Bricasti M7 and they work together pretty good.
Old 12th April 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Yes, it's the vsr. I put it on vocals and instantly thought "eeeeewww", but then there was this one unruly synth and hat combo, and it worked right away in such a way that I was trying to get the same sound out of everything else I had, and it just wasn't "possible". I think there's situations in which an algo is necessary
Old 13th April 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
Scolfaro, you mentioned Relab 6000, did you mean VSR? Just asking.
Isn't there still a fine (and ambiguous) line between VSR and the "6000" reverb?
Old 13th April 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Isn't there still a fine (and ambiguous) line between VSR and the "6000" reverb?
Yes, it is indeed

Looking forward to VSR6000 release, and, maybe Quantec?
Old 14th April 2020 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
Quantec
Interested too.
M2E
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
I own the Seventh Heaven little plugin and I love it. Is there a way to upgrade to the Pro Version and is it even worth it?

Marc
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
I own the Seventh Heaven little plugin and I love it. Is there a way to upgrade to the Pro Version and is it even worth it?

Marc
Yes and yes! Just send Matt an email - his responses are lightning fast.

You get tons more patches including all of the V2 algorithms from the Bricasti. Just demo the Pro version if you’re unsure. I decided I couldn’t make do without the Pro.
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:

Marc
I used the little one for less than a month in several production/mixing situations, and like I said above, noticed that when it's the right kind of reverb for what you need it, I have nothing that sounds like it.

Since I didn't want to pay full price for just one plugin, decided to try Reverberate 2 to see if the engine was the right one for me and all I was missing on the little one was tweaking ability, but because I had been searching "seventh heaven" and "liquid sonics" online all the time, ended up getting directed to a gentleman selling a license.

The three of us (me, Brian from Reverb and Matt) organized it over the weekend. Matt didn't actually need to do anything, but as the gentleman he is, he nonetheless took responsibility for everything and we ended up just talking about reverbs for a while.

Mind = blown.

Everywhere I've used the little one, I just replaced with the big one and adjusted to my liking, all settings and situations got improved drastically, and I think I like the workflow: throw the small one on it, if it sticks you know the big one will too. If you'd like you can use the initial settings as starting points (they worked 100% of the time while translating), and go back to tweaking at a later stage in your mix (because the soundstage remains the same if you nail it with the small one).

I went from grumpy iLok hater to fanboy after 2-3 weeks of listening to it. I even think I have an use for both licenses

Last edited by scolfaro; 14th April 2020 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: grammers
Old 14th April 2020
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Oh yeah, and after my Odyssey, in case this helps anyone, Reverberate 2 is incredible in its flexibility, but with an overwhelming interface. The sound is great, but I can get a lot more depth out of 7th Heaven, maybe because I couldn't get around to understanding and tweaking Reverberate 2 properly.

The envelope design for the tail in that one is absolutely brilliant and a straight line to getting just the sound I want, as is its EQ. The way you're made to think when using it makes it an instantly distinct processor, and I understand that the different workflow and modulation options will lead to very different results even if you use the same impulses in both programs. I could even see a case for using all three, Reverberate 2, 7th Heaven and 7th Heaven Pro, if the interface of Reverberate was a tiny bit more streamlined. But anyway, they are all a joy to work with because they all have a great sound and sense of depth to them.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
is it even worth it?
In my opinion, yes.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolfaro View Post
Oh yeah, and after my Odyssey, in case this helps anyone, Reverberate 2 is incredible in its flexibility, but with an overwhelming interface. The sound is great, but I can get a lot more depth out of 7th Heaven, maybe because I couldn't get around to understanding and tweaking Reverberate 2 properly.

The envelope design for the tail in that one is absolutely brilliant and a straight line to getting just the sound I want, as is its EQ. The way you're made to think when using it makes it an instantly distinct processor, and I understand that the different workflow and modulation options will lead to very different results even if you use the same impulses in both programs. I could even see a case for using all three, Reverberate 2, 7th Heaven and 7th Heaven Pro, if the interface of Reverberate was a tiny bit more streamlined. But anyway, they are all a joy to work with because they all have a great sound and sense of depth to them.
Matt is very knowledgeable and his responses are always clear and to the point!

Reverberate 2, as old as it is, has delay and chorus features that you could tweak for hours getting something new all the time.
Old 25th April 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsonics View Post

I've contacted a few in the beta team about this, and run through my own installation again, I can't reproduce this fault. I suggest a full uninstall and re-install using the complete set of new installers if you have persistent problems, sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,
Please where is the uninstaller for seventh heaven pro? I'm been searching and there is no where I can find an uninstaller. Is there a script or something?
Old 25th April 2020 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cube63 View Post
Hello,
Please where is the uninstaller for seventh heaven pro? I'm been searching and there is no where I can find an uninstaller. Is there a script or something?
Please check the support knowledge base page, you’ll find an uninstaller tool there. If you’re having any other issues please contact me via support.
Old 21st August 2020
Gear Addict

🎧 10 years
What reverb unit is the nonlinear type emulating?
Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Is seventh heaven worthy when you can get reverberate 3 cheaper ?
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Finally broke down and demoed. Seventh Heaven is the first convo verb I've heard that can really be tweaked like an algo verb, and the way it blends without being obvious is insane.
Gear Guru

1 Review written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggysane View Post
Finally broke down and demoed. Seventh Heaven is the first convo verb I've heard that can really be tweaked like an algo verb, and the way it blends without being obvious is insane.
Just wait until you try Cinematic Rooms...
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Just wait until you try Cinematic Rooms...
Ok, as a delighted 7th Heaven owner, would you elaborate a bit? What are you getting from cinematic rooms that you weren’t from 7th Heaven pro? I have been so pleased with among other things the ambiances and chambers there, and with the ambiance’s the way they blend in yet still enhance. I can set ambiance as high as 50% and move something believably from 3” away to 4-5’ away. So now I need to know more about Cinematic Rooms

Lay it on me!
📝 Reply