The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Introducing Antipop Studio TeslaST, the best kept secret for larger than life mixes
Old 19th April 2017
Yikes this thread.
Old 19th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Slate is no exception.
What he got, is good stuff more or less all the way through ...
And thats why we love him
Lol someone's nose is brown...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Lol someone's nose is brown...
Wow!

Where did that come from ?

You didn't get it obviously ...

Last edited by Gemylon; 19th April 2017 at 12:00 PM..
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by perochadro View Post
The brands you say are not in big events precisely for that reason.
Deleted b738100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Wow!

Where did that come from ?

You didn't get obviously ...
I guess he wanted to say that most people here don´t actually LOVE Stephen and Fabrice .

Nevertheless, they have some good stuff in their portfolio and aren´t hot air salesmen...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorka View Post
I guess he wanted to say that most people here don´t actually LOVE Stephen and Fabrice .

That was my point as well.

Hence my comment ...

Now back on topic.
I belive this comment is a good way to clear things up a bit.

Thanks again to bmanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
... I've been completely clear of what the tests were and exactly what the blind test audio files are about. Also, I've said several times already that I have no malice towards the developer. My aim with the first posts and my audio examples was to show that there is virtually no difference between TeslaST and ordinary mid/side techniques. TeslaST is a very simple audio process being packaged in a different GUI and sold for 149 euros.

If you feel that something is missing from the test or you just don't understand it, then just ask.. politely. It's rather simple to test it out for yourself too. Just download the demo, set LMF knob to 'normal' then duplicate the track and put Voxengo MSED on that one, then phase reverse the track and match TeslaST until it nulls as best as you can achieve (you'll need to very accurately match the gain). Yes, it's really that simple. The audio files I posted are using this exact test setup.

If you want to "see" what TeslaST LMF Spread knob does then simply send a single sample pulse through it and look at the frequency spectrum on an analyzer (I recommend Voxengo SPAN for this).

That's it.

EDIT: oh and if you want to check for any kind of analogue modeling (which pretty much automatically means there are some non-linearities in the system, even if they are at a low level) you'll be able to get a bunch of additional data from the single sample impulse.. and you can check it with some other test tones.

Lives for gear

Quote:
Again I repeat I am not the developer nor have anything to do with it. I'm just a professional who has seen them shoot without compassion against a product that leaves you 60 days with absolute functionality so you decide what you want to do. The plugin may like or dislike, that is a question that each can evaluate and publish whenever they want, but calling the scammer who comes here to show us his product is to be too arrogant. For this reason I register, until then I read without registering.
Respectfully, I beta test AA with bmanic, he's honest and tests everything in great detail, always providing support for his assertions. He clearly provides in this thread exactly how he tested the plugin. He clearly lists his issues with regard to cost vs. performance. He clearly presents what his objections are with regard to the wording on the marketing of the plugin, and supports what he believes to be misleading about it. His opinion is backed with logic and posted testing.

You have not provided one argument with any substance backing your 9 posts.

So who exactly are you? You claim to be a pro but I've yet to read one pro post from you. Your posts speak to having a clear bias with this plugin, as in you just registered on GS, and your only posts to this community are defending a new product. Problem is you have presented zero evidence to refute bmanic points, just words..... which is very unprofessional, as pro's always back up their assertions with support.

So I respectfully ask you, from one pro to another, to please provide actual evidence to refute bmanic's already provided evidence.
Old 19th April 2017
Deleted 9d8db46
These people come along on a fairly regular basis. It's kinda fun to watch everybody get all riled up.
A while back somebody signed up and posted on the acoustics forum how rockwool destroyed their health. First and last post.
Gotta love the interwebs.
Deleted bc6012f
Sorry people as much as bmanic ruined parade i am on his side.

Firstly - he wasted time to test this. Secondly having knowledgeable people which actually support their arguments with FACTS is blessing and for this i like Gearslutz and this show me true purpose of public forum place.

Thank you bmanic. We see thread turned to personal fight but some of us (i believe i speak for many of them) value your (and other people) opinion and analytical skill.

To developer - no hard feelings. Just work harder, learn from your mistakes. Quite frankly i have at least 5 free Reaktor FX ensembles which does exactly what your plugin does (they are free in the public library) - and more - for free

Next time less pompous announcement and better pricing.
Deleted bc6012f
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
A while back somebody signed up and posted on the acoustics forum how rockwool destroyed their health. First and last post.
Gotta love the interwebs.
You don't understand. This was his first and last post because he likely passed away from rockwool health issue the very same moment he posted here.

(i just tried to bring some joke here)
Old 19th April 2017
Hi guys, as a CEO at Antipop Studio, I'm gonna try to answer a few things in this hijacked thread because I think that there are very unrespectful the accusations about this development.

1. About TeslaST: I first met the original box through a friend and them I realise that was a trick used in albums that I love and by some of my A-list favourite engineers, some of them that I know in person. After owning and using the hardware for years, I decide to contact a known, honest and skillful team of developers who I totally trust to figure out what was inside of that magic box. Being an analog device, they decided to trace the circuits to develop a plugin to work as expected.

2. About null tests: 99% of my EQ plugins could be cancelled just using a certain combination of others plugins. I own everything from Waves, Slate Digital, Steinberg, etc. The very expensive Steinberg RND Portico 5033 EQ (now 250 €, 450 € when it was introduced) can be cancelled using the parametric EQ bundled in any DAW. Does that it mean that the developers are cheating me? No, of course not: you are paying for a functionality, an interface, a way to interact between the machine and you, an automation system, and so on. In the case of the RND, I love the way its bands interact and it’s always in my 2 buss, just for small corrections.
So if you can replicate ALL the functionality of TestlaST using several plugins in chain and you don't mind about how you interact with it and the nuances of the simulation, then receive my congrats and DO NOT BUY IT.
The foundations of digital processing of audio are pretty basic, so when you try to put a plugin together you have to use the common blocks and math that everyone use (filters, distortion, delays, FFT, etc) and, in this case, we wanted to match the original specifications and interaction of controls of the real hardware that we were emulating and that’s why we are asking for money for the plugin.

3. About the price: The original units (we bought 3 in total) are expensive and hard to find, the circuit features custom unbranded integrated circuits and you should not forget that this is a boutique project and, of course, every developer has its own pricing scheme.

We want you to try and love this plugin and decide if you like it or not, and if you are willing to pay or not for it. We don’t want you to take this decision lightly, so we are giving a 60 days demo period, the longest demo period in this industry.

We put our heart into this plugin so, please, if you consider that this is not your thing, it’s absolutely ok for us, but, please, don’t underestimate what TeslaST is capable of and what this development means to us.

And, of course, you can try tesla at TeslaST Stereo Manipulator Plug-In Trial - Antipop Studio

Thanks!
Old 20th April 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

But that’s the point though. We’re not talking about some coveted EQ, of which one with enough time to spare could painstakingly match the original curves, only to be left without its modelled analog byproducts.

For better or worse, your plug-in isn’t much more than what it is: yet another implementation of a well known process, which happens to be a secret to absolutely no one with any remote interest in sound production/processing. No amount of some of your A-list favourite engineers, some of them you know in person will ever change that.

And as pointed out, there also happens to be a handful of other plug-in/solutions already, that apply the same well known treatment, with no more hassle that what you offer - some of which from well established and respected developers, some of which free, some of which both.

This is disingenuous at best to call this thread ‘hijacked’. Putting a plug-in to the test, raising questions or asking for clarifications is certainly not akin to ‘accusations’. Although one might find ‘unrespectful’ to be called out for not buying grotesque marketing outright -- or said marketing, for that matter.

I get that you like your product and want it to be successful. And a 60 days demo period is generous indeed. But, man. You could not, literally and in every sense of the word, oversell it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Escobar View Post
Hi guys, as a CEO at Antipop Studio, I'm gonna try to answer a few things in this hijacked thread because I think that there are very unrespectful the accusations about this development.

1. About TeslaST: I first met the original box through a friend and them I realise that was a trick used in albums that I love and by some of my A-list favourite engineers, some of them that I know in person. After owning and using the hardware for years, I decide to contact a known, honest and skillful team of developers who I totally trust to figure out what was inside of that magic box. Being an analog device, they decided to trace the circuits to develop a plugin to work as expected.

2. About null tests: 99% of my EQ plugins could be cancelled just using a certain combination of others plugins. I own everything from Waves, Slate Digital, Steinberg, etc. The very expensive Steinberg RND Portico 5033 EQ (now 250 €, 450 € when it was introduced) can be cancelled using the parametric EQ bundled in any DAW. Does that it mean that the developers are cheating me? No, of course not: you are paying for a functionality, an interface, a way to interact between the machine and you, an automation system, and so on. In the case of the RND, I love the way its bands interact and it’s always in my 2 buss, just for small corrections.
So if you can replicate ALL the functionality of TestlaST using several plugins in chain and you don't mind about how you interact with it and the nuances of the simulation, then receive my congrats and DO NOT BUY IT.
The foundations of digital processing of audio are pretty basic, so when you try to put a plugin together you have to use the common blocks and math that everyone use (filters, distortion, delays, FFT, etc) and, in this case, we wanted to match the original specifications and interaction of controls of the real hardware that we were emulating and that’s why we are asking for money for the plugin.

3. About the price: The original units (we bought 3 in total) are expensive and hard to find, the circuit features custom unbranded integrated circuits and you should not forget that this is a boutique project and, of course, every developer has its own pricing scheme.

We want you to try and love this plugin and decide if you like it or not, and if you are willing to pay or not for it. We don’t want you to take this decision lightly, so we are giving a 60 days demo period, the longest demo period in this industry.

We put our heart into this plugin so, please, if you consider that this is not your thing, it’s absolutely ok for us, but, please, don’t underestimate what TeslaST is capable of and what this development means to us.

And, of course, you can try tesla at TeslaST Stereo Manipulator Plug-In Trial - Antipop Studio

Thanks!
Gear Maniac

for what it's worth, I've used the original one a few times at Larrabee Studios, I guarantee you that thing wasn't the secret sauce to anyones mixes...

Claudio Cueni
Deleted f6fc2a4
horse = dead. No need for further beating please

I sympathize with the argument for non exaggerated marketing
hoopla, but whether someone wants to buy an expensive plugin to do
something that can be done with combining simpler, widely available
tools is not specific to this plugin.

A few recent examples:

- The "voice of god" plugin debacle.
The argument there was that you can replicate it with a simple eq
hence uad was "scamming" the customers.

- The soundways reveal tool (you can replicate most of the settings with
a matching eq or by ear and an eq)

- Simulating the curves of any digital eq. Another epic discussion.

- The perennial "no need to buy synth preset banks, real men program
their own patches".

etc. etc.
Lives for gear

Well, I bet his plug in does more than Kush Clariphonic, and that's 2x the price...
Lots of snake oil out there, but the fanboys eat it up, no questions asked.
Now, if the word "analog" was in the company name and you put a cool blue tube in the plugin, you would sell many more copies...price not an issue.
I think red was a bad choice for the color, it makes people angry. Black is your best bet. Or blue.

Last edited by stinkyfingers; 20th April 2017 at 09:15 AM..
Deleted b738100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted f6fc2a4 View Post
horse = dead. No need for further beating please
True. Let´s allow it to rest in peace now ...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
I sympathize with the argument for non exaggerated marketing
hoopla, but whether someone wants to buy an expensive plugin to do
something that can be done with combining simpler, widely available
tools is not specific to this plugin.

A recent example:

- The soundways reveal tool (you can replicate most of the settings with
a matching eq or by ear and an eq)
Good example, that makes Audified's MixChecker look like great value.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by @l3x!5 View Post
But, man. You could not, literally and in every sense of the word, oversell it more.
Exactly this................ And the higher you fly, the harder you fall
Old 20th April 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
You could not, literally and in every sense of the word, oversell it more.
he could, with a little help of Slate's hypnosis technique.

http://digitalmusicianonline.com/wp-...even_slate.jpg
Old 24th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standstraight View Post
If slate started the thread with same content the plugin would be a bestseller and the greatest thing since pankakes already for sure.
Word!
Old 24th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl-audio View Post
for what it's worth, I've used the original one a few times at Larrabee Studios, I guarantee you that thing wasn't the secret sauce to anyones mixes...

Claudio Cueni
That's rich coming from the guy who thinks a cheap microphone along with EQ curves in the plugin that comes with it replaces tens of thousands of dollars of top shelf and impeccably engineered professional microphones.

Lol Slate fanboys always somehow miss the irony of insinuating that some other company's products are snake oil.
Old 26th April 2017 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
That's rich coming from the guy who thinks a cheap microphone along with EQ curves in the plugin that comes with it replaces tens of thousands of dollars of top shelf and impeccably engineered professional microphones.

Lol Slate fanboys always somehow miss the irony of insinuating that some other company's products are snake oil.
I wasn't commenting on the plug in, never heard or used it. I did comment on the original hardware the plug is based on. I've used it on some of the mixes on the Boyz II Men 2 record way back in the 90's. Used in on a few bg vocals and I think the horn stab on the song Jezebel. The BASE was NOT the secret ingredient to the album selling something like 20 million world wide, lol. (Neither were my mixes).

As far as your Slate comment, thats simply to ignorant for me to comment on and give it any validation,

hope this helps,

Claudio Cueni
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing Antipop Studio TeslaST, the best kept secret for larger than life mixes-img_9001.jpg  
Old 26th April 2017
Lives for gear

super wide mixes are so 2013
Old 27th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
For those who think it's a bit expensive now they can buy it for $ 99 and big discount
I'm sorry, but M/S processing is so trivial from a programming perspective that this should cost $5 and then you'd be mostly paying for the graphics artist.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Sergeant View Post
If you had worked hard to bring this plugin out and it was your first one, how would you feel if this is how people behaved, just started arguing and bickering and drowning the thread, surly it would be better to offer encouragement and constructive criticism if you think things should be better.
If you would see someone selling simple lemonade for $150 a glass to lemon tree growers, how would you do the constructive critisism?
Old 27th April 2017
Lives for gear

Still no real info provided to meet bManiac's reports i wonder why...
Lives for gear

Quote:
and so I think that is how anyone should approach this, try it, if you like it buy it, if not don't,
But that was also the emperors argument. Doesn't mean he got his worth of clothing.

So except for financing the developers pricey originals i see no good for the high price of this plugin.

I believe in a free market, but i also believe consumers should inform each other about the actual worth of a product. Its just way too easy to stick a trivial piece of code behind a nice UI and call it a product. Besides that, you can get soooo much more for similar prices. Take Reaktor for instance. You can do this plugin, and about a zillion others, for just a quarter more money than this plugin. So the actual value of this plugin is pretty low if you look at what is available on the market.

You seem to want to have, in a way, blind consumers with the only interaction being with the plugin without any context. Buy or not buy, that is the only question you want to drive it to.
But there is a lot to say about what it is exactly that you're buying and, for instance, wether that thing is to be had for much less (well, actually free) .

Just let me give you another example.
If someone would sell a Level plugin (with one fader, which controls the level of the signal) for $50, how would you react to that? Would you not warn others that they are basically being ripped off ?
Or would you still say "Well, you can try it for 60 days so i don't see the problem"?
A 60 day free rip off is still a rip off, right?
Lives for gear

Quote:
I prefer to try and support people if I can, I don't know the maker of this plugin, I don't know their situation, so I will either buy the plugin if I like it or not if I don't, what I won't do is join you on your quest to pound them into the ground, of course your free to carry on if it makes you feel good (I doubt it does though) but count me out.
For the record, i'm not pounding the makers into the ground, i'm just taking a realistic look at their output. The plugin is just silly expensive for what it does.
If the devs spent a lot of time and effort (which they claim is the reason for the price) to make this then that's kind of their problem. I think its unfair to shove the expenses over to the customers if the result is nothing special.

But anyway, yeah, let's stop..
Old 1st May 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Why on earth do you continue to absolutely LIE about my posts? I've been completely clear of what the tests were and exactly what the blind test audio files are about. Also, I've said several times already that I have no malice towards the developer. My aim with the first posts and my audio examples was to show that there is virtually no difference between TeslaST and ordinary mid/side techniques. TeslaST is a very simple audio process being packaged in a different GUI and sold for 149 euros.

If you feel that something is missing from the test or you just don't understand it, then just ask.. politely. It's rather simple to test it out for yourself too. Just download the demo, set LMF knob to 'normal' then duplicate the track and put on that one, then phase reverse the track and match TeslaST until it nulls as best as you can achieve (you'll need to very accurately match the gain). Yes, it's really that simple. The audio files I posted are using this exact test setup.

If you want to "see" what TeslaST LMF Spread knob does then simply send a single sample pulse through it and look at the frequency spectrum on an analyzer (I recommend Voxengo SPAN for this).

That's it.

EDIT: oh and if you want to check for any kind of analogue modeling (which pretty much automatically means there are some non-linearities in the system, even if they are at a low level) you'll be able to get a bunch of additional data from the single sample impulse.. and you can check it with some other test tones.

Anyhow, I'm done here. I've said my piece. Any person with even a little bit of sense has all the information they need.
Would you mind sharing the settings you came up with to simulate this in the Voxengo MSED? ☺️
Old 7th May 2017 | Show parent
2005 even, maybe, lol. Wait, when did waves release the S1? That is when the width war really began lol. It's all Waves fault for making this type of tool available to the masses at such a low price point, along with all of the phase issues mastering engineers have been plagued with.

I still prefer the width knob on my Spl Vitalizer, and my Behringer Edison which has great m/s control, the Edison is the only Behringer product that i won't sell. If you can find one on the cheap and you want to try otb spatial treatments, the Edison is a great low fare unit.
📝 Reply