The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Introducing Antipop Studio TeslaST, the best kept secret for larger than life mixes
Old 18th April 2017
Lives for gear

"The best kept secret"...
Old 18th April 2017 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
You have no idea who bmanic (or any of us, for that matter) is, since you just joined this forum, where some of us have spent over a decade on. If you have pertinent arguments for defending the product, please do that, instead of engaging into this kind of judgements.
It is curious that you regret the same thing I have already said. Do you have something more original to put on the table?
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
You have no idea who bmanic (or any of us, for that matter) is, since you just joined this forum, where some of us have spent over a decade on. If you have pertinent arguments for defending the product, please do that, instead of engaging into this kind of judgements.
I think you missed the point of his post. He didn't seriously mean that bmanic knows the developer and has a bad relationship with him. He is showing that suggesting that is as ridiculous as bmanic's assertion that, because pedrochadro's first post seemingly defends the plugin, pedrochadro must know the developer.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeegee 303 View Post
I think you missed the point of his post. He didn't seriously mean that bmanic knows the developer and has a bad relationship with him. He is showing that suggesting that is as ridiculous as bmanic's assertion that, because pedrochadro's first post seemingly defends the plugin, pedrochadro must know the developer.
Or is the developer himself.
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Addict

If you had worked hard to bring this plugin out and it was your first one, how would you feel if this is how people behaved, just started arguing and bickering and drowning the thread, surly it would be better to offer encouragement and constructive criticism if you think things should be better.
Old 18th April 2017
Here for the gear

A few months ago, I saw this plugin in hispasonic ( a Spanish web for audio)

And I thought 2 things:

1) this plugin is too expensive.

2) why they don't use gearslutz to anounce the release???

Now, I understand everything.

Is not enough a nice GUI to sell a plugin in 140 dollars.

Today, there is amazing developers ( Tokyo Dawn, Klanghelm, Valhalla) with incredible plugins at a low price.
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Sergeant View Post
If you had worked hard to bring this plugin out and it was your first one, how would you feel if this is how people behaved, just started arguing and bickering and drowning the thread, surly it would be better to offer encouragement and constructive criticism if you think things should be better.
Rico,
I agree wholeheartedly. Pretend you are meeting the developer face-to-face at a party amongst mutual friends. He shows you his new product. If you don't like it, politely tell him where you think it can be improved. Or if you think it does something that plugins costing much less can do equally well, let him know politely. Maybe even encourage him as you would like to be encouraged.
Treat people the way you would like to be treated. Know that everyone does the best they can.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by perochadro View Post
You should read what I write carefully. I do not defend a developer, but I do not think that anyone should shoot anyone with poor arguments or without them. It would be better to post your arguments about the audio qualities of the plugin instead of filling post without content, do not bring any value to the thread beyond what is evident, is my first post, yes, do not be too smart to see him
The thing is... It's not just your first post, but that you just became a member on the 17th... Also, that you were nice enough to mention a sale is weird...

What m/s plugins are you using that cost you so much CPU that you'd spend 100 US on this new thing?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enano777 View Post
A few months ago, I saw this plugin in hispasonic ( a Spanish web for audio)

And I thought 2 things:

1) this plugin is too expensive.

2) why they don't use gearslutz to anounce the release???

Now, I understand everything.

Is not enough a nice GUI to sell a plugin in 140 dollars.

Today, there is amazing developers ( Tokyo Dawn, Klanghelm, Valhalla) with incredible plugins at a low price.
Free, even!!
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Look, I sort of agree but consider the evidence here:

1) New company, new plugin with extraordinary claims are 100% pure "market speech".

2) There doesn't seem to be any analogue modelling at all in the plugin, yet they claim almost 2 years of development for a process that takes literally 2 minutes to setup using only channel faders of your DAW.

3) High price for an extraordinary simple and well understood process

4) Original "magic box" that was (not)modeled was already sold under very shady circumstances. It was marketed as something special and secret.. yet it's just a simple Blumlein Shuffler.

So, the face-to-face party example:

If I went to a party and I was 90% certain the person was trying to scam people I would call him out on it, even at the risk of being wrong. At least this way there would be some sort of ramifications and things could get sorted out.

So yeah, I do treat people like I would like them to treat me. If I ever start scamming people or being a ******, I'd love it if they called me out on it and snapped me back to reality.
Instead of just putting words, describe here your test process on the plugin, and you'll see how it takes only a few minutes to find the floor in front of your nose. In particular describe how you come to the conclusion of non-modeling.

After you have done it I will show you where your boastfulness is, as well as remind you that it probably has legal connotations to call someone a scammer. You should know that emulating a false test is a bigger scam than making an attractive marketing.

People like you will get forum users to end up marching because they make this look like a McDonnalds
Gear Guru

Quote:
Instead of just putting words, describe here your test process on the plugin, and you'll see how it takes only a few minutes to find the floor in front of your nose. In particular describe how you come to the conclusion of non-modeling.

After you have done it I will show you where your boastfulness is, as well as remind you that it probably has legal connotations to call someone a scammer. You should know that emulating a false test is a bigger scam than making an attractive marketing.

People like you will get forum users to end up marching because they make this look like a McDonnalds
Don't get too angry now. It's not your product, is it? Is it?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Don't get too angry now. It's not your product, is it? Is it?
No, it is not, and if it were it would already denounce whoever calls a scammer to another

Do the moderators sleep all day? Do not they see that in their forum they insult others?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here's a blind test. One of these examples is Voxengo MSED (free plugin) and one is TeslaST. Can you tell a 149 euro difference?
I like B more, whichever that is
Lives for gear

Quote:
... Do not they see that in their forum they insult others?
Actually you're the only one in here who's been insulting others

Think about that
And no, don't ask me to point out where you crossed lines.
You find out for yourself ...

BTW ...
Thanks to bmanic for informative inputs.

OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:

If this is your product (and everything you're doing here suggests it is), you certainly started this with the wrong foot. Should've help lurking around before doing that.

Good luck with your plugins.
Quote:
No, it is not, and if it were it would already denounce whoever calls a scammer to another

Do the moderators sleep all day? Do not they see that in their forum they insult others?
We are not asleep and also not omnipresent.
If you see a post that is insulting or abusive in any way; please use the report button. That will alert us.
If you have a problem with any individual, please use the ignore function.

Last edited by golden beers; 18th April 2017 at 03:17 PM..
Gear Addict

It's an open forum and free for developers to advertise their products here.

The trade off is that we as consumers are free to comment on the products, pros and cons.

In this case B manic is suggesting that this is a simple mid side plugin and not much else. The marketing is worded to hook people in as this being a very special processor, secret tool of the elites that will shine your sh*t and polish a few turds whilst it's at it.

I'm sure if this plugin did something special we'd all be praising the developer for the cool new tool, but it's just a very expensive mid side plugin.

The developer is of course free to pitch his plugin at any price that's not the issue but I feel there is at least some community responsibility to people just starting out who don't realise this isn't anything special and obtainable for a princely some of 'free'.

I wonder how many newbies will stick this on their audio and say wow at their now super duper wide fat synth patch and cough up half a weeks wages.
So at this party I'd say to the developer, drop the hyperbolic marketing spiel round these parts. we just about tolerate Slate and that's because his plugins are good.

That's how I feel and I stand by that.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 6th Beatle View Post
we just about tolerate Slate and that's because his plugins are good
Old 18th April 2017
Lives for gear

Might be useful for the Dev to chime in and explain how this plugin works under the hood...

It's being sold at boutique prices as 'voodoo magic' don't ask won't tell stylee.

Would the Dev have to kill us if he told us? - what the secret sauce is, or... is an Emperor in dire need of some garments?...
Quote:
Here's a blind test. One of these examples is Voxengo MSED (free plugin) and one is TeslaST. Can you tell a 149 euro difference?
I don't know if there is a 149€ difference, but I much prefer B to A. Tell me through PM which one it is
Lives for gear
Quote:
Look, I sort of agree but consider the evidence here:

1) New company, new plugin with extraordinary claims are 100% pure "market speech".

2) There doesn't seem to be any analogue modelling at all in the plugin, yet they claim almost 2 years of development for a process that takes literally 2 minutes to setup using only channel faders of your DAW.

3) High price for an extraordinary simple and well understood process

4) Original "magic box" that was (not)modeled was already sold under very shady circumstances. It was marketed as something special and secret.. yet it's just a simple Blumlein Shuffler.

So, the face-to-face party example:

If I went to a party and I was 90% certain the person was trying to scam people I would call him out on it, even at the risk of being wrong. At least this way there would be some sort of ramifications and things could get sorted out.

So yeah, I do treat people like I would like them to treat me. If I ever start scamming people or being a ******, I'd love it if they called me out on it and snapped me back to reality.
I don't think it's right to call a developer a "scammer." If you can demo the product and choose whether or not to buy it based on your own conclusions, no one is scamming anyone.
Why not be civil?
Lives for gear

Quote:
I do not have the pleasure to know your portfolio, and believe me, I am now very curious about it, I understand it must be a good collection of ducks flying aimlessly, in any case if I want to say that you know how to win a huge legion that clap without stopping Any comments you make.
Wtf did I just read????

Weird thread... product looks a bit weak... Plus Manic know's his stuff...

Hmmmmm

Zz.
Old 18th April 2017
Here for the gear

It may be a scam, or maybe not, but one thing is for sure. 60-day non-limited trial gives you a comfortable time window and all the options in the world to decide which one it is. I say, if this was a blatant ripoff, dev would make sure no one has a chance to know it by the time money's transferred to his account. But I digress. Two-month non-limited trial is not exactly what you call "buying pig in a poke". It's true.

Note to devs: By avoiding interaction and not answering customers, potential or present, feedback and questions, you are not making yourself any favors whatsoever. Rest assured, it won't help boost your sales in any way. Samples were posted in this thread, calling you out on the quality, usefulness and high pricing of your product. Are you able to provide adequate answers to these claims, while not in a defensive and insulting manner too? A lot will depend on how you handle this ugly mess of a situation happening in this thread. This is Gearslutz, this is where you present yourself as a developer and so far people been trying to leave a good impression. It works, you know.

I have a legitimate question to mods. Say, I assemble a plugin today, call it a supa-dupa authentic emulation of whatever, write an extended marketing essay on how amazingly authentic and cool it is and how it does all the magics and voodoos to one's tracks, paint a nice GUI and put a big price on it all along, BUT! Without the actual proof of my words, without the sufficient enough demo to prove it, (and surely not meaning the demo posted by the dev, it's ridiculous) why would I be allowed to post my product on Gearslutz to begin with? Does Gearslutz as a respected resource wants to be in any way related to any potential attempts of scamming Gearslutz members? Is there any quality criteria, allowing or disallowing developers to post their offerings? Because, frankly, not every dev out there provides their customers with a generous 2 months of unlimited trial. I'm not talking this particular case, as you see, but speaking in general, is there any sort of scam-proof here? Does anyone check the quality and the adequateness of the stuff posted before its posted? Some sort of quality control would sure help avoid all the drama happening in this thread, agree? Or is it a free market for all, "do as you please"?

"By the grace of God Almighty and the pressures of the marketplace, the human race has civilized itself, it's a miracle". Love him or hate him, Waters did cast some lines of gold indeed
Old 18th April 2017
Gear Addict

If slate started the thread with same content the plugin would be a bestseller and the greatest thing since pankakes already for sure.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standstraight View Post
If slate started the thread with same content the plugin would be a bestseller and the greatest thing since pankakes already for sure.
I believe not.

You can fool one or two, but not a whole bunch of Gslutz's in here
with a lousy product and get away with it.

Slate is no exception.
What he got, is good stuff more or less all the way through ...
And thats why we love him

Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standstraight View Post
Except there is very real development time and effort behind the slate plugins. Fabrice Gabriel is no hack when it comes to coding. He knows his stuff.

You can't duplicate any of the Slate plugins yourself within a couple of minutes of either coding or using basic off the shelf tools.. which is exactly the problem with the plugin in this thread. You can duplicate it's function with free tools. Heck you can even duplicate it with these tools:

1) Any basic DAW that has channel faders + pan pot + phase reverse button
2) .. and a low + high shelving EQ if you want to duplicate the LMF knob function

So yeah.. slightly different things here eh?
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygreg View Post
It may be a scam, or maybe not, but one thing is for sure. 60-day non-limited trial gives you a comfortable time window and all the options in the world to decide which one it is. I say, if this was a blatant ripoff, dev would make sure no one has a chance to know it by the time money's transferred to his account. But I digress. Two-month non-limited trial is not exactly what you call "buying pig in a poke". It's true.

Note to devs: By avoiding interaction and not answering customers, potential or present, feedback and questions, you are not making yourself any favors whatsoever. Rest assured, it won't help boost your sales in any way. Samples were posted in this thread, calling you out on the quality, usefulness and high pricing of your product. Are you able to provide adequate answers to these claims, while not in a defensive and insulting manner too? A lot will depend on how you handle this ugly mess of a situation happening in this thread. This is Gearslutz, this is where you present yourself as a developer and so far people been trying to leave a good impression. It works, you know.

I have a legitimate question to mods. Say, I assemble a plugin today, call it a supa-dupa authentic emulation of whatever, write an extended marketing essay on how amazingly authentic and cool it is and how it does all the magics and voodoos to one's tracks, paint a nice GUI and put a big price on it all along, BUT! Without the actual proof of my words, without the sufficient enough demo to prove it, (and surely not meaning the demo posted by the dev, it's ridiculous) why would I be allowed to post my product on Gearslutz to begin with? Does Gearslutz as a respected resource wants to be in any way related to any potential attempts of scamming Gearslutz members? Is there any quality criteria, allowing or disallowing developers to post their offerings? Because, frankly, not every dev out there provides their customers with a generous 2 months of unlimited trial. I'm not talking this particular case, as you see, but speaking in general, is there any sort of scam-proof here? Does anyone check the quality and the adequateness of the stuff posted before its posted? Some sort of quality control would sure help avoid all the drama happening in this thread, agree? Or is it a free market for all, "do as you please"?

"By the grace of God Almighty and the pressures of the marketplace, the human race has civilized itself, it's a miracle". Love him or hate him, Waters did cast some lines of gold indeed
If all the comments in this thread kept the same tone that you use you can be sure that I would not have written a single line.

Again I repeat I am not the developer nor have anything to do with it. I'm just a professional who has seen them shoot without compassion against a product that leaves you 60 days with absolute functionality so you decide what you want to do. The plugin may like or dislike, that is a question that each can evaluate and publish whenever they want, but calling the scammer who comes here to show us his product is to be too arrogant. For this reason I register, until then I read without registering.

I share your opinion about the need for the developer to explain what he thinks here, but surely he would rip his skin off with the same impunity we have seen so far, in fact we still do not know what tests have been the bmanic user Has submitted to the plugin, and I think we will not know either, which totally doubts the A / B test

I hope some of those who live here end up understanding that you should always say "I do not like" instead "it's bad" or "I would not buy it" instead of "it's a scam" And also let's all understand that those phrases are unique That they manage to discredit a forum as good as it has always been.

Let's be constructive even when it is to say that something we do not like
Old 19th April 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Why on earth do you continue to absolutely LIE about my posts? I've been completely clear of what the tests were and exactly what the blind test audio files are about. Also, I've said several times already that I have no malice towards the developer. My aim with the first posts and my audio examples was to show that there is virtually no difference between TeslaST and ordinary mid/side techniques. TeslaST is a very simple audio process being packaged in a different GUI and sold for 149 euros.

If you feel that something is missing from the test or you just don't understand it, then just ask.. politely. It's rather simple to test it out for yourself too. Just download the demo, set LMF knob to 'normal' then duplicate the track and put Voxengo MSED on that one, then phase reverse the track and match TeslaST until it nulls as best as you can achieve (you'll need to very accurately match the gain). Yes, it's really that simple. The audio files I posted are using this exact test setup.

If you want to "see" what TeslaST LMF Spread knob does then simply send a single sample pulse through it and look at the frequency spectrum on an analyzer (I recommend Voxengo SPAN for this).

That's it.

EDIT: oh and if you want to check for any kind of analogue modeling (which pretty much automatically means there are some non-linearities in the system, even if they are at a low level) you'll be able to get a bunch of additional data from the single sample impulse.. and you can check it with some other test tones.

Anyhow, I'm done here. I've said my piece. Any person with even a little bit of sense has all the information they need.
Attached Thumbnails
Introducing Antipop Studio TeslaST, the best kept secret for larger than life mixes-teslast_lmf_wide.jpg   Introducing Antipop Studio TeslaST, the best kept secret for larger than life mixes-teslast_lmf_narrow.jpg  
Lives for gear

Quote:
Anyhow, I'm done here. I've said my piece. Any person with even a little bit of sense has all the information they need.
You were not part of the plan. Don't come here with your pesky tests, information and evidence.

The emperor looks stunning in this outfit.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgear View Post
You were not part of the plan. Don't come here with your pesky tests, information and evidence.

The emperor looks stunning in this outfit.

For a second I thought you were serious there ...

📝 Reply