SKnote announce CS5 - Classic Channel (VST/AU/AAX/DSP) - Available Now - Page 10 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote announce CS5 - Classic Channel (VST/AU/AAX/DSP) - Available Now
Old 26th July 2018 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Checking!
Old 30th July 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Checking!
Hi Quinto!
How's the progress?
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
In front of it now. Which format are you using?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
In front of it now. Which format are you using?
VST2 on MacOS El Capitan, Reaper 5
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Found an issue related to some tables. Thanks for reporting.

We are fixing this, adding a new preset management system and updating.
Old 30th July 2018
Lives for gear

Are you also fixing the 'seperate the filter from the pre' request?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
And also the insane low end bump, when enabling the saturator...
Old 31st July 2018 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
Are you also fixing the 'seperate the filter from the pre' request?
That's not a fix, it is a change

Sure!
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
And also the insane low end bump, when enabling the saturator...
Yes, but as an option, as we have the plugin in millions projects and we have to keep compatibility!
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
From my personal point of view the best thing of this set is the compressor, quite peculiar in a world where we are always looking for new colors.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Yes, but as an option, as we have the plugin in millions projects and we have to keep compatibility!
That would be brilliant
Old 25th August 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
ETA bugfixes, Quinto?

Just asking, as i'm starting a project 2 weeks later, so need to plan to use CS5 or find something else...
Old 25th August 2018 | Show parent
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Do you mean changes/improvements? Separate filters and de-bump option? After this series of releases and updates. Please send me an email if you want to be sure you'll have what you need for your new project. We want to have Ch5 in there
Old 26th August 2018
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
No, Quinto, all i wanted is working EQ (well, almost Lebowski' phrase, hehe)
Old 26th August 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvukofor View Post
No, Quinto, all i wanted is working EQ (well, almost Lebowski' phrase, hehe)
Out of curiousity, what doesn't work about the EQ? It seems to work fine for me.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Out of curiousity, what doesn't work about the EQ? It seems to work fine for me.
It works, but freqs are 1/2 of what's on a knob, we miss big part of HF.
Company Rep

🎧 10 years
Fixed, was on a format only, coming! One week and it is up.
Old 7th February 2020
Hello everyone! After falling in love with the A25, I am considering the Ch5 to build a complete API workflow. I own several of Sknote's other plugins and I am very happy with them. Also I have read several good comments here about the channel strip. What I wanted to ask is: In the last 17 months since the last post on this thread, what is the currents status? Have the aforementioned changes/updates/fixes etc been done? Are the filters separate from the preamp? Is there an option to put the compressor before the EQ?

Quinto, if understand your explanations correctly, the preamp works like the real thing, saturating more obviously over the 0VU point, is that correct? I gain stage using a VU meter already, around the -3 to 0VU area, never peaking over -8dBFS. Would that be compatible with this preamp do you think?

And a final important question: Is this plugin zero latency? If not, can it become ZL by disabling oversampling? I am interested in monitoring through it when tracking. Then maybe enable oversampling to mix in more detail.

I am probably going to get it anyway, just wanted to know what to expect on account of these characteristics.
Thanks!
Old 7th February 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionaire View Post
What I wanted to ask is: In the last 17 months since the last post on this thread, what is the currents status?
Last update was Nov 19 2018
Lives for gear

I want this strip to reach the level of his Api A25 compressor, so that they together can complete an Api workflow ITB. Zero latency preferably, with added oversampling render options.
Quote:
I want this strip to reach the level of his Api A25 compressor, so that they together can complete an Api workflow ITB. Zero latency preferably, with added oversampling render options.
Exactly the reasoning behind my previous question. Do you own the plugin? Can you please tell me of its current status? Is it not zero latency now? Is there any other important feature missing or not functioning properly?

I don't own it and there is no demo, so it would be great help if someone could tell me.

Thank you!
Old 7th February 2020
Lives for gear

I havent used the strip for a long time because im waiting for Quinto's promised update, but from what I remember it was not zero latency.

The preamp was interesting, but not really usable to me. I hope he makes it more flexible The star of the strip is the compressor/limiter. It just works on anything, and together with A25 they will be a deadly combination.

It's already a really good strip, but will be fantastic IF he updates it to the level where he's at right now.
Quote:
I havent used the strip for a long time because im waiting for Quinto's promised update, but from what I remember it was not zero latency.

The preamp was interesting, but not really usable to me. I hope he makes it more flexible The star of the strip is the compressor/limiter. It just works on anything, and together with A25 they will be a deadly combination.

It's already a really good strip, but will be fantastic IF he updates it to the level where he's at right now.
Great, thanks for the detailed reply! Exactly what I needed to know. Indeed I hope he makes these updates. It would be an ideal combination to A25.
Old 8th February 2020
Gee
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
What updates does this strip need? It is a bit weird that you can’t use the filters without engaging the pre amp section but other then that this strip rocks and works really well.
Old 8th February 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
What updates does this strip need? It is a bit weird that you can’t use the filters without engaging the pre amp section but other then that this strip rocks and works really well.
Good to know. Do you remember for sure if it is zero latency or if there is an option ot make it ZL? Like disabling oversampling for example. Thanks!
Old 8th February 2020
Gee
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
just loaded up an instance and pro tools isn't reporting any delay

Maybe Q can chime in on that
Old 8th February 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
just loaded up an instance and pro tools isn't reporting any delay

Maybe Q can chime in on that
Thanks a lot for finding the time to help!
I will send him an email to ask.
Old 11th February 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusionaire View Post
Thanks a lot for finding the time to help!
I will send him an email to ask.
For anyone who might be interested: I haven't heard back from Quinto, he's probably working hard on something else. Based on my previous experience and people's comments here, I decided to buy the Ch5 and check it for myself.

It turns out it has 3ms of latency, which is of course fine for real time monitoring.
Regarding the sound, my experience is similar to what I've read so far: Heavy preamp, not for everything. Nice coloured EQ. Killer Comp.

With the A25 on the buss and a good tape emu (U-he Satin), I'm building my API virtual console.
Old 11th February 2020
Gee
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
3ms you say.

Sorry about that I guess I don’t really know what the pro tools things are saying. Green is good, I know that much
Old 11th February 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
3ms you say.

Sorry about that I guess I don’t really know what the pro tools things are saying. Green is good, I know that much
No problem, I still appreciate your interest! After all, I was sure it was going to be negligible, otherwise you would have definitely noticed. I haven't used pro tools in years, so I don't remember how they register latency.

The good thing is it worked and now am building a template for an API console

Thanks again for your time!
πŸ“ Reply