The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Antelope Announces Orion Studio Rev. 2017
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonerbox View Post
I have done a second (very thorough) edit of the files and unless I have managed to mess anything up royally again they should work this time. Fingers crossed.

All files are in the correct folder structure so go ahead and dump them into you x.x.x folder.

Needed files Ver.2 (download)
Hi @ stonerbox ,

just testing by overwritting the whole package to the base folder… the console starts, but it starts with its original design! ARGHHH!
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Head

looking quickly at the logs:
[W 23:59:17.440] ImgStore: background.png (Neve1023) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.483] ImgStore: background.png (Neve1084) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.508] ImgStore: released.png (NeveHiQButton) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.512] ImgStore: sprite.png (NeveLowPass) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.545] ImgStore: sprite.png (ApiFreqPot) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.882] ImgStore: background.png (Studer900) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.908] ImgStore: sprite.png (Studer900WhitePot) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.911] ImgStore: released.png (Studer900FreqSwitch) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.915] ImgStore: sprite.png (Studer900GrayPot) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.919] ImgStore: sprite.png (Studer900LevelPot) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.922] ImgStore: released.png (StuderBypassButton) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.951] ImgStore: background.png (Studer169) missing, using [email protected] instead.
[W 23:59:17.978] ImgStore: released.png (Studer169FilterSwitch) missing, using [email protected] instead.

It seems you forgot the image files?
I'm gonna look into the folders.
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Head

yeah lol no image directory, i suppose getting them from the previous package would be good, but let's try a third package with the full file pack ok?
EDIT: ok sorry, i understand it was a test of the few files previously crashing updated,
so the test seems to be SUCCESSFUL!
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronerone View Post
yeah lol no image directory, i suppose getting them from the previous package would be good, but let's try a third package with the full file pack ok?
EDIT: ok sorry, i understand it was a test of the few files previously crashing updated,
so the test seems to be SUCCESSFUL!
FINALLY! I'll repack and modify the original links. Empty your cache (just in case) and re-download them in about 10-15 minutes.
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
FINALLY! I'll repack and modify the original links. Empty your cache (just in case) and re-download them in about 10-15 minutes.
Ok. I copied the previous resources folder, and it ran successful.
I can indicate two bugs now if you want

1) you can see it on your Screenshot: the channel one on the top left corner has a bug, a part of it (the buttons) is on the top right
2) the main channel fader button is enormous on mine :D

EDIT:
3) channels level rotary buttons won't show red as on your Screenshot
4) overall panel is lighter than yours, which makes "to", "from" and "signal" fields written on a black square.

I may send you an email with the screen shots if you want.
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Ok. I copied the previous resources folder, and it ran successful.
I can indicate two bugs now if you want

1) you can see it on your Screenshot: the channel one on the top left corner has a bug, a part of it (the buttons) is on the top right
2) the main channel fader button is enormous on mine :D

EDIT:
3) channels level rotary buttons won't show red as on your Screenshot
4) overall panel is lighter than yours, which makes "to", "from" and "signal" fields written on a black square.

I may send you an email with the screen shots if you want.
1. I don't see any bugs on either preamp chnl 1 or mixer chnl 1. Could you elaborate more on that one?

2. Are you referring to the Main fader on Mixer 1, the one to the far right? It should be bigger than the rest but not monstrously gigantic.

3. I'll look into the missing red level pots. Edit: the theme came only with the HI-res versions of the red pots, I forgot to do a down scaled copy of them which is needed on lower screen resolutions. Fix that right away, just redownload the theme again in 3 minutes.

4. It indicates that I need to look over some more files, no big problems really and can be fixed easily. Upload a screenshot ( Imgur: The magic of the Internet ) and link it here.

Edit: Red level knobs added and hopefully a normal sized main fader on the mixer added in files in the original post.

Last edited by stonerbox; 14th February 2019 at 12:54 AM..
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Head

i also tried your nite theme with the resource from the nite package and the system files from the last shot: seems to start right

@ stonerbox

1. I don't see any bugs on either preamp chnl 1 or mixer chnl 1. Could you elaborate more on that one?

-> in fact i restarted the original: this is not a bug, but Something which appears unclear on your design. the 48V/phase and gang buttons on channel 1 seems to be those of channel 2 which is confusing.

2. Are you referring to the Main fader on Mixer 1, the one to the far right? It should be bigger than the rest but not monstrously gigantic.

-> it is bigger than the one on your screen shot, Nothing serious but quite amazing

4. It indicates that I need to look over some more files, no big problems really and can be fixed easily.[/QUOTE]

-> it seems ok withe the Nite theme, it is dark.
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
i also tried your nite theme with the resource from the nite package and the system files from the last shot: seems to start right

@ stonerbox

-> in fact i restarted the original: this is not a bug, but Something which appears unclear on your design. the 48V/phase and gang buttons on channel 1 seems to be those of channel 2 which is confusing.

Ok, understood: the vu meter on each preamp seems to be a separator between channel when it is not fed by signal. This is what is confusing. I think you should add Something more to show where the limits are around each channel preamp.
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Maniac

NEVE-R Orion update:

The theme's files are updated in the original post, which can be found here. Antelope Announces Orion Studio Rev. 2017 Be sure to empty your browser's cache if you've downloaded the theme before. Maybe not necessary but do it because "precautions".

Last edited by stonerbox; 14th February 2019 at 03:31 AM..
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Maniac

NEVE-R Orion 2nd update:

The textures for lower resolutions screens was not color/brightness matched with the high res textures but that has been fixed now. The Antelope EQ and Comp has also gotten dedicated textures for lower resolutions monitors which resulted in a much more cleaner and clearer look fo the two of them.

Get the latest version here (empty your cache first!):
Antelope Announces Orion Studio Rev. 2017

Last edited by stonerbox; 14th February 2019 at 07:03 PM..
Old 15th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Update [15 Feb 2019]
The ADAT and S/PDIF tabs were missing the "link" LEDs but that and some color code are fixed now.

Last edited by stonerbox; 15th February 2019 at 10:39 PM..
Old 15th February 2019
Gear Maniac

NEVE-R Orion 1.0 is here.

Just got confirmation that the new color scheme for the main Router is working so that concludes all debugging and with it comes the release of beta 1.0! Beta means that everything is in but may still be subject to improvement however the panel is now finished and ready for use.

If you've previously installed the theme just unzip the 1.0 files into your 2.X.X folder.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
NEVE-R Orion (Rev 2017) 1.0.rar

NEVE-R Orion (Rev 2017) 1.0.zip
You have to empty your browser's cache if you've downloaded the theme before

This entire theme is heavily inspired by a number of different Neve consoles and preamps but I've still taken some creative freedom in style. I'm fairly positive to how it turned out and it's definitely much cleaner and slicker looking than the original Orion theme.

Known issues:
Depending on the scaling of the panel the shut off LEDs (Preamp, ADAT & S/PDIF tab) may shine through even though they should be off.

Hi-RES SCREENSHOTS:
Launcher
ROUTER
MIXER
AFX
METERS

Changes:

• Edited all the needed files in order for the theme to be compatible with Orion Studio Rev 2017

• Every section of the panel is reworked

• Preamp, ADAT and S/PDIF has new knobs.

• Antelope EQ and COMP has a brand new look.

• Just like in my previous theme the Antelope EQ and COMP numbers are more accurate than the "vanilla" plugs.

• The equalizer's gain now adjusts 1 dB each step instead of 2 dB. If you hold down shift you'll adjust 0.1 dB per step instead of 1 dB.

• Antelope Equalizer's Frequencies can be visibly more precise (3 decimals).

• Antelope Compressor's Ratio, Attack and Release can be adjusted more precise.

• New icons for the launcher - They look very pixilated even though they are in high resolution, there is no way around the scaling of the launcher, sadly.

• New Icon for the panel in Taskbar!

• 48v, Link and Phase buttons all have individual LEDs. The LEDs were quite tricky to implement but turned out great IMO.

• Mixer has brand new look + New sexy faders and pan, mixer pots.

• Mixer has new Solo, Cut (mute) and Link switches that has a similar style to what can be found on the Neve VXS consoles

• New and more minimalistic color configuration of the router.

• Higher resolution textures for the Arrow down (preamp chooser), Solo, Mute, Stereo buttons and Reverb send / Pan potentiometers on the mixer.

• New texture for Austria Gold 414 Mic (The mic is backwards + needs color adjustments)
Attached Thumbnails
Antelope Announces Orion Studio Rev. 2017-1.-launcher.png   Antelope Announces Orion Studio Rev. 2017-2.-router.png   Antelope Announces Orion Studio Rev. 2017-3.-mixer.png   Antelope Announces Orion Studio Rev. 2017-4.-afx.png   Antelope Announces Orion Studio Rev. 2017-5.-meters.png  

Last edited by stonerbox; 15th February 2019 at 11:55 PM..
Old 17th February 2019
Here for the gear

Hello. Wonderful design work. Please, will it be possible, to change the sensitivity on HEADPHONES sliders (even on others) that it does not jump in 4db steps? Just to it goes 1db after next db?

Or just tell me, where it is in the setting files in antelope's folder, I am going to fix it by myself (even in future, when they change something)

Thank you so much, Petr Fink
Old 17th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwwFINKcz View Post
Hello. Wonderful design work. Please, will it be possible, to change the sensitivity on HEADPHONES sliders (even on others) that it does not jump in 4db steps? Just to it goes 1db after next db?
Hi Petr and thank you,

I only had a very limited time off recently that I could put into the making of the theme and now I have to get back to my clients and other work waiting to be done. So I can't do more request, sorry. My initial goal was to make it to 1.0 and now that we have a new and working panel I'm going to leave it at that for the time being.

I have not been able to find those lines (dB adjustment in Mixer, Headphones 1 & 2, Monitors) and it is probably impossible to do so because 98% of the code has been scrambled by the Devs. I would be careful on trying to reverse engineering the code since that could get people at AA "concerned".

You probably already know but if you hold CTRL on Windows or perhaps ⌘ key on MAC you can adjust HP +/-1 dB at the time. Either by left mouse button or scroll. It's the best solution we have for the time being.

Last edited by stonerbox; 17th February 2019 at 01:28 PM..
Old 19th February 2019
Gear Head

Hi all,

Would someone like to test this customized layout of Stonerbox'theme?
It is based on his theme, i only reworked the interface aspect to give it a more aged touch.
As i have a orion 2017, i couldn't test on the orion legacy. Some folders pathes may change.

Le Cloud d'Orange

I thank you in advance!

Ronerone.
Attached Thumbnails
Antelope Announces Orion Studio Rev. 2017-patchwork.jpg  
Old 23rd February 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi all,

Would someone like to test this customized layout of Stonerbox'theme?
It is based on his theme, i only reworked the interface aspect to give it a more aged touch.
As i have a orion 2017, i couldn't test on the orion legacy. Some folders pathes may change.

Le Cloud d'Orange

I thank you in advance!

Ronerone.
Did someone finally test it?
Old 22nd March 2019
Company Rep

Greetings!

Long-time Antelope Audio friend and follower James Ivey recently took an in depth look at our AFX2DAW plugin. In the video below you can follow the whole process of tracking a song – from recording to mixing – only with Orion Studio 2017 and the AFX2DAW plugin at hand. The result is more than impressive, see for yourselves!

Cheers!
Old 11th April 2019
Here for the gear

Love my Orion Studio rev 2017. Using with a 2017 iMac and it works perfectly. Sounds amazing and not a single issue with it.
Old 11th April 2019
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarts1 View Post
Love my Orion Studio rev 2017. Using with a 2017 iMac and it works perfectly. Sounds amazing and not a single issue with it.
Why did you feel it necessary to join Gearslutz and make this your 1st post?
Old 1st August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
[CENTER][SIZE="4"]NEVE-R Orion 1.0 is here.

Just got confirmation that the new color scheme for the main Router is working so that concludes all debugging and with it comes the release of beta 1.0! Beta means that everything is in but may still be subject to improvement however the panel is now finished and ready for use.
Thanks for sharing!!! Looks amazing.
I can't find the folder on my Mac? Did you made it for mac or pc? How can i install this on my Mac ?

T H A N K S !!!

Last edited by acidrulez; 1st August 2019 at 06:03 AM..
Old 1st August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidrulez View Post
Thanks for sharing!!! Looks amazing.
I can't find the folder on my Mac? Did you made it for mac or pc? How can i install this on my Mac ?

T H A N K S !!!
I am not sure if it will work on Mac but we can surely give it a try.

Here is a guide on where to find the .Antelope folder on both Mac and Win: https://jp.antelopeaudio.com/2016/01...l-not-loading/

As soon as you have located the "panels" and "2.x.x" within the .AntelopeAudio folder just follow the instructions in the text document "How to install" that comes with the skin.
Old 6th August 2019
Gear Head

@ stonerbox Hi!
I don't know if you had a tree architecture change on Orion studio, but on Orion Studio 2017, it has been totally changed and i fear the customized design won't apply right now.
The current panel is now 2.4.11.
I didn't have time yet to try to reapply, but i feel some of the main files have changed.

Ronan.
Old 14th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
@ stonerbox Hi!
I don't know if you had a tree architecture change on Orion studio, but on Orion Studio 2017, it has been totally changed and i fear the customized design won't apply right now.
The current panel is now 2.4.11.
I didn't have time yet to try to reapply, but i feel some of the main files have changed.

Ronan.
Unfortunately Antelope Audio seem to have rewritten and encrypted most of the UI code so this is officially the end of my themes or any new ones for both the Legacy and Rev. 2017 control panel. Really sad honestly. I spent weeks on the NEVE-R and a lot of users really seemed to love using it.

One of the guys from the team contacted me about highlighting the theme on their social media and I approved them doing so but I never heard from them again and the highlight never happened. Don't know if they got suspicious about my dabbling with their code or if they just rearranged everything out of optimization reasons. Who knows? On top of that, after months of flawless performance, the new update of the control panel has started to make it freeze up again.

I guess we will have to revert back to the original theme now.. something I am not looking forward to.

Last edited by stonerbox; 14th August 2019 at 10:29 PM..
Old 14th August 2019
Gear Head

@ stonerbox ,
i think the cleaning of their folders and repackaging of their files is a good thing, it was a little messy.
Regarding the highlight about your theme, they did it on the official facebook page of antelope, i even answered to it.
I was several times asked by people what interface i had and how to set it up. it's a pity we can't use it anymore.
Ronan.
Old 16th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
@ stonerbox ,
i think the cleaning of their folders and repackaging of their files is a good thing, it was a little messy.
Regarding the highlight about your theme, they did it on the official facebook page of antelope, i even answered to it.
I was several times asked by people what interface i had and how to set it up. it's a pity we can't use it anymore.
Ronan.
So there is a silver lining to this story. Too bad, like you said, it is a thing of the past now.
Old 28th August 2019
Here for the gear

Hello! This is way overdue, but I'd still like to propose a temporary solution for anyone let down by the OS 2017 user manual. Click here to read the Orion Studio Synergy Core manual. It provides important hardware info and a much clearer understanding of the fundamental Control Panel functionality (routing, fx, mixer, meters). Guitar amps and cabs, Edge & Verge mic recording & emulations, re-amping and AFX2DAW are also covered in detail. Much of the information applies to OS 2017, I'm sure you'll discover something new.

Interim, all Antelope user manuals are due for a revamp so no one's getting left in the dark. I can't promise a quick process as they are basically being remade from scratch and lining them up in the CMS is A LOT of work. Many thanks for your patience!

If you spot any mistakes or feel something could be explained more clearly, DM me or e-mail [email protected]. Your feedback is important and very welcome.
Old 8th September 2019
Lives for gear

When will the new FX be available for the Orion Studio 2017?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDingo View Post
When will the new FX be available for the Orion Studio 2017?
Nope, it lacks the DSP chip that the new interfaces come with.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Antelope, you guys will be porting the new plug to the 2017 series, yes?
Old 3 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDingo View Post
Antelope, you guys will be porting the new plug to the 2017 series, yes?
Hi!

Since the new effects are utilising the Synergy Core platform (DSP&FPGA), they won't be able to run solely on the FPGA chip of the previous generation Orion Studio Rev.2017. They will be available only for the Synergy Core line (Discrete 4 Synergy Core, Discrete 8 Synergy Core, Orion Studio Synergy Core).

If you have any other questions - please get back to me!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search