The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AudioThing releases Outer Space - Vintage Tape Echo
Old 17th March 2017
  #1
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

AudioThing releases Outer Space - Vintage Tape Echo



Outer Space is a faithful emulation plugin of a famous vintage tape echo made in the early seventies. As the original unit, Outer Space features an echo section with three playback heads and a spring reverb tank.
We have modelled three different tape frequency responses and saturations, along with all the analog imperfections of tape recording/playback.

Details
  • Price: $49/€49 (VAT Inc.)
  • Vintage Tape Echo
  • 3 Tape modes: Original, Modern, Old
  • Spring Reverb (with short/long Decay)
  • Background Noise with Envelope
  • Oversample up to 16x
  • Preset system with randomizer
  • Formats: VST, AU, and AAX (32/64bit)
  • Platforms: OSX, Windows

Audio Demo
https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/sets/outer-space






Video Overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv5Up5LLxMI


Guitar Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j5rqvoGbZo


Product Page: https://www.audiothing.net/effects/outer-space/

--
Important! Outer Verb owners, you should have received an email with download instructions to get your copy of Outer Space.
If not, please contact us.

Last edited by audiothing; 1st April 2017 at 11:30 PM..
Old 17th March 2017
  #2
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Fabulous, really really nice delay and reverb. And for Outer Verb owners, a brilliant - and free - upgrade.

Now, if only Outer Space let me play like the guy in the video. As it is, this, like all delays, merely repeats my poor playing - just to rub it in!
Old 17th March 2017
  #3
Lives for gear
Very impressed by the audio demo's. Will check out the demo.
Old 17th March 2017
  #4
Here for the gear
 

Instant buy for me, specially at this price.

Very good sound quality, a lot of tweaking capabilities and a very nice big GUI. Something I have waited for.

Congratulations!
Old 17th March 2017
  #5
Lives for gear
 

Love it!
Old 18th March 2017
  #6
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Thanks for the feedback guys!

We're about to release v1.0.1 with some minor fixes.
Old 18th March 2017
  #7
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Here it is, v1.0.1:

Details:
- Added: Bypass button will clear the feedback loop
- Added: Loading presets will also clear the feedback loop
- Fixed: Oversampling bug in Wavelab 9
- Fixed: WOW/Flutter not working in Sync
- Fixed: Treble knob bug (was engaged even at 0)
- Fixed: Minor GUI issues

You can update by downloading the demo versions from the product page or as usual in the user area: https://www.audiothing.net/account/
Old 18th March 2017
  #8
Here for the gear
 

Wow, had a TON of fun with this last night. This, along with Echoboy and the Valhalla stuff, will definitely become one of my goto delays/reverbs as it sounds, to my ear anyway, a lot different, but in a good way. Even at regular price, it competes with Valhalla and at sale price, it's probably the best bang-for-your-buck reverb/delay around right now. Great work!
Old 18th March 2017
  #9
Trying to demo in Mac OS 10.9.5 / ABLETON Live 9.7.1 (64bit) and the AU / VST keeps crashing Ableton when I attempt to load (spinning beach ball, then crash)
Old 19th March 2017 | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarCavity View Post
Wow, had a TON of fun with this last night. This, along with Echoboy and the Valhalla stuff, will definitely become one of my goto delays/reverbs as it sounds, to my ear anyway, a lot different, but in a good way. Even at regular price, it competes with Valhalla and at sale price, it's probably the best bang-for-your-buck reverb/delay around right now. Great work!
Thank you for your feedback Enjoy!
Old 19th March 2017 | Show parent
  #11
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
Trying to demo in Mac OS 10.9.5 / ABLETON Live 9.7.1 (64bit) and the AU / VST keeps crashing Ableton when I attempt to load (spinning beach ball, then crash)
I'm on 10.10.5 with same Ableton Live (9.7.1 64bit). Both AU and VST load fine on audio and MIDI tracks. I've tried several combinations of sample rate (from 44.1kHz to 96kHz) and different buffer size (even up to 2048). Every time it worked as expected.
I don't think the problem is OSX 10.9.5, maybe something else.
Are you using other plugins?
What sample rate and buffer size are you using?
Old 19th March 2017
  #12
Gear Addict
 
ManMulcahy's Avatar
Sounds awesome. Bought it.
Old 19th March 2017 | Show parent
  #13
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMulcahy View Post
Sounds awesome. Bought it.
Thank you!
Old 19th March 2017 | Show parent
  #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
I'm on 10.10.5 with same Ableton Live (9.7.1 64bit). Both AU and VST load fine on audio and MIDI tracks. I've tried several combinations of sample rate (from 44.1kHz to 96kHz) and different buffer size (even up to 2048). Every time it worked as expected.
I don't think the problem is OSX 10.9.5, maybe something else.
Are you using other plugins?
What sample rate and buffer size are you using?
hmmmm - it crashes for me just loading into an empty set

(or actually more accurately, it goes in a perpetual spinning beachball on attempting to load the AU/VST which I then have to force quit)

44.1 / 256 buffer

I have a demo version of your vinyl strip plug that loads just fine....
Old 20th March 2017
  #15
Gear Head
 

Thanks so much for the free upgrade. I love everything about it.
Old 20th March 2017
  #16
Here for the gear
 

Sounds great ...How about the Chorus Version...Pretty Please
Old 20th March 2017
  #17
Gear Addict
 

At last a replacement to the GSI plug I used for years, they decided not to update mac to 64bit so have been without this ITB for some time.

Old 20th March 2017
  #18
Lives for gear
 
cprompt's Avatar
 

Yes, it was quite the "coincidence" that the GSi one got updated to 64bit (on windows anyway) just a few weeks back after many years of lying dormant. Now don't get me wrong, I liked the GSi plugin a lot, it was just about the only Space Echo plugin (other than UAD) you could get and in all fairness, it sounded really good.

But... Outer Verb is just the better plugin, period. It sounds great, has a much more usable UI, has temp sync, controllable noise, over-sampling, yada yada yada. As good as GSi is, and it is good, Outer Verb is better. More expensive yes, but not outrageously (€39 vs €19). I don't see myself every firing up GSi again now I have Outer Verb.
Old 20th March 2017 | Show parent
  #19
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
hmmmm - it crashes for me just loading into an empty set

(or actually more accurately, it goes in a perpetual spinning beachball on attempting to load the AU/VST which I then have to force quit)

44.1 / 256 buffer

I have a demo version of your vinyl strip plug that loads just fine....
That's really strange. The only thing I would try is reinstall it again (re-download it just in case). This is the only report of such error. If you want and have time to do some additional tests, you can contact us.
Old 20th March 2017 | Show parent
  #20
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar65 View Post
Thanks so much for the free upgrade. I love everything about it.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNYC View Post
Sounds great ...How about the Chorus Version...Pretty Please
Thanks! If I can get my hands on one, why not?
Old 20th March 2017 | Show parent
  #21
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Yes, it was quite the "coincidence" that the GSi one got updated to 64bit (on windows anyway) just a few weeks back after many years of lying dormant. Now don't get me wrong, I liked the GSi plugin a lot, it was just about the only Space Echo plugin (other than UAD) you could get and in all fairness, it sounded really good.

But... Outer Verb is just the better plugin, period. It sounds great, has a much more usable UI, has temp sync, controllable noise, over-sampling, yada yada yada. As good as GSi is, and it is good, Outer Verb is better. More expensive yes, but not outrageously (€39 vs €19). I don't see myself every firing up GSi again now I have Outer Verb.
Thank you for the kind words! I'm happy that all the additional features are well received.
Anyway, I don't believe in coincidences
Old 23rd March 2017
  #22
Lives for gear
 
skiltrip's Avatar
Hi, great sounding plugin! I'm noticing I can't seem to successfully lock the Noise knob when randomizing. I've tried it on the VST and AU in Studio One, and the AAX in Pro Tools. Same issue on all. I haven't found any other control that won't lock. Only the Noise knob is giving me trouble. Anyone else see this behavior?
Old 23rd March 2017 | Show parent
  #23
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiltrip View Post
Hi, great sounding plugin! I'm noticing I can't seem to successfully lock the Noise knob when randomizing. I've tried it on the VST and AU in Studio One, and the AAX in Pro Tools. Same issue on all. I haven't found any other control that won't lock. Only the Noise knob is giving me trouble. Anyone else see this behavior?
Hi, I've just replied to your message (via email). Yes, we are aware of that, actually it's both Noise and Intensity. It'll be fixed in the next update which should be out between tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.
Old 23rd March 2017 | Show parent
  #24
Lives for gear
 
skiltrip's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Hi, I've just replied to your message (via email). Yes, we are aware of that, actually it's both Noise and Intensity. It'll be fixed in the next update which should be out between tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.
Much appreciated! Thanks for the reply.
Old 23rd March 2017
  #25
Here for the gear
 

Wow, just tried the demo. Used the real thing for years in the studio and on stage and I'm really impressed. Definitely worth buying.
Old 23rd March 2017
  #26
Wow, this is fantastic. Instant buy!
Old 24th March 2017 | Show parent
  #27
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sondaro View Post
Wow, just tried the demo. Used the real thing for years in the studio and on stage and I'm really impressed. Definitely worth buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualpt View Post
Wow, this is fantastic. Instant buy!
Thank you guys
Old 24th March 2017
  #28
Lives for gear
 
basic's Avatar
 

Also a long time space echo lover. Bought the plugin yesterday and it's the best digital recreation of the box I've ever heard. Love the extra features and very smooth coding on the gui. Love it! Well worth the low price of admission.
Old 24th March 2017 | Show parent
  #29
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by basic View Post
Also a long time space echo lover. Bought the plugin yesterday and it's the best digital recreation of the box I've ever heard. Love the extra features and very smooth coding on the gui. Love it! Well worth the low price of admission.
I'm very happy to hear these positive comments from space echo users/lovers. Thanks!
Old 24th March 2017
  #30
Lives for gear
 
audiothing's Avatar
 

New Update v1.0.2

- Added: Delay now clears the feedback loop after playback restarts
- Added: Drop-down menu for synced values
- Added: You can now click on the Mode dial values to change mode
- Fixed: Pro Tools bug where Heads values were not recalling correctly on saved projects
- Fixed: Noise and Intensity Random Lock

You can update by downloading the demo versions from the product page or as usual in the user area: https://www.audiothing.net/account/
πŸ“ Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 115 views: 48203
Avatar for d_r_i_x
d_r_i_x 9th June 2020
replies: 177 views: 28832
Avatar for NawSon
NawSon 1st October 2018
replies: 12601 views: 967742
Avatar for wooderson
wooderson 3 minutes ago
replies: 105 views: 14155
Avatar for simon.billington
simon.billington 6th July 2016
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump