The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AudioThing releases Outer Space - Vintage Tape Echo
Old 17th March 2017
Lives for gear

AudioThing releases Outer Space - Vintage Tape Echo

Outer Space is a faithful emulation plugin of a famous vintage tape echo made in the early seventies. As the original unit, Outer Space features an echo section with three playback heads and a spring reverb tank.
We have modelled three different tape frequency responses and saturations, along with all the analog imperfections of tape recording/playback.

Details
  • Price: $49/€49 (VAT Inc.)
  • Vintage Tape Echo
  • 3 Tape modes: Original, Modern, Old
  • Spring Reverb (with short/long Decay)
  • Background Noise with Envelope
  • Oversample up to 16x
  • Preset system with randomizer
  • Formats: VST, AU, and AAX (32/64bit)
  • Platforms: OSX, Windows

Audio Demo
https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/sets/outer-space

Video Overview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv5Up5LLxMI

Guitar Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j5rqvoGbZo

Product Page: https://www.audiothing.net/effects/outer-space/

--
Important! Outer Verb owners, you should have received an email with download instructions to get your copy of Outer Space.
If not, please contact us.

Last edited by audiothing; 1st April 2017 at 11:30 PM..
Old 17th March 2017
Lives for gear

Fabulous, really really nice delay and reverb. And for Outer Verb owners, a brilliant - and free - upgrade.

Now, if only Outer Space let me play like the guy in the video. As it is, this, like all delays, merely repeats my poor playing - just to rub it in!
Old 17th March 2017
Lives for gear
Very impressed by the audio demo's. Will check out the demo.
Old 17th March 2017
Here for the gear

Instant buy for me, specially at this price.

Very good sound quality, a lot of tweaking capabilities and a very nice big GUI. Something I have waited for.

Congratulations!
Old 17th March 2017
Lives for gear

Love it!
Old 18th March 2017
Lives for gear

Thanks for the feedback guys!

We're about to release v1.0.1 with some minor fixes.
Old 18th March 2017
Lives for gear

Here it is, v1.0.1:

Details:
- Added: Bypass button will clear the feedback loop
- Added: Loading presets will also clear the feedback loop
- Fixed: Oversampling bug in Wavelab 9
- Fixed: WOW/Flutter not working in Sync
- Fixed: Treble knob bug (was engaged even at 0)
- Fixed: Minor GUI issues

You can update by downloading the demo versions from the product page or as usual in the user area: https://www.audiothing.net/account/
Old 18th March 2017
Here for the gear

Wow, had a TON of fun with this last night. This, along with Echoboy and the Valhalla stuff, will definitely become one of my goto delays/reverbs as it sounds, to my ear anyway, a lot different, but in a good way. Even at regular price, it competes with Valhalla and at sale price, it's probably the best bang-for-your-buck reverb/delay around right now. Great work!
Old 18th March 2017
Trying to demo in Mac OS 10.9.5 / ABLETON Live 9.7.1 (64bit) and the AU / VST keeps crashing Ableton when I attempt to load (spinning beach ball, then crash)
Old 19th March 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarCavity View Post
Wow, had a TON of fun with this last night. This, along with Echoboy and the Valhalla stuff, will definitely become one of my goto delays/reverbs as it sounds, to my ear anyway, a lot different, but in a good way. Even at regular price, it competes with Valhalla and at sale price, it's probably the best bang-for-your-buck reverb/delay around right now. Great work!
Thank you for your feedback Enjoy!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
Trying to demo in Mac OS 10.9.5 / ABLETON Live 9.7.1 (64bit) and the AU / VST keeps crashing Ableton when I attempt to load (spinning beach ball, then crash)
I'm on 10.10.5 with same Ableton Live (9.7.1 64bit). Both AU and VST load fine on audio and MIDI tracks. I've tried several combinations of sample rate (from 44.1kHz to 96kHz) and different buffer size (even up to 2048). Every time it worked as expected.
I don't think the problem is OSX 10.9.5, maybe something else.
Are you using other plugins?
What sample rate and buffer size are you using?
Old 19th March 2017
Gear Addict

Sounds awesome. Bought it.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMulcahy View Post
Sounds awesome. Bought it.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
I'm on 10.10.5 with same Ableton Live (9.7.1 64bit). Both AU and VST load fine on audio and MIDI tracks. I've tried several combinations of sample rate (from 44.1kHz to 96kHz) and different buffer size (even up to 2048). Every time it worked as expected.
I don't think the problem is OSX 10.9.5, maybe something else.
Are you using other plugins?
What sample rate and buffer size are you using?
hmmmm - it crashes for me just loading into an empty set

(or actually more accurately, it goes in a perpetual spinning beachball on attempting to load the AU/VST which I then have to force quit)

44.1 / 256 buffer

I have a demo version of your vinyl strip plug that loads just fine....
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Head

Thanks so much for the free upgrade. I love everything about it.
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

Sounds great ...How about the Chorus Version...Pretty Please
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Addict

At last a replacement to the GSI plug I used for years, they decided not to update mac to 64bit so have been without this ITB for some time.

Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Yes, it was quite the "coincidence" that the GSi one got updated to 64bit (on windows anyway) just a few weeks back after many years of lying dormant. Now don't get me wrong, I liked the GSi plugin a lot, it was just about the only Space Echo plugin (other than UAD) you could get and in all fairness, it sounded really good.

But... Outer Verb is just the better plugin, period. It sounds great, has a much more usable UI, has temp sync, controllable noise, over-sampling, yada yada yada. As good as GSi is, and it is good, Outer Verb is better. More expensive yes, but not outrageously (€39 vs €19). I don't see myself every firing up GSi again now I have Outer Verb.
Old 20th March 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
hmmmm - it crashes for me just loading into an empty set

(or actually more accurately, it goes in a perpetual spinning beachball on attempting to load the AU/VST which I then have to force quit)

44.1 / 256 buffer

I have a demo version of your vinyl strip plug that loads just fine....
That's really strange. The only thing I would try is reinstall it again (re-download it just in case). This is the only report of such error. If you want and have time to do some additional tests, you can contact us.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar65 View Post
Thanks so much for the free upgrade. I love everything about it.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNYC View Post
Sounds great ...How about the Chorus Version...Pretty Please
Thanks! If I can get my hands on one, why not?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
Yes, it was quite the "coincidence" that the GSi one got updated to 64bit (on windows anyway) just a few weeks back after many years of lying dormant. Now don't get me wrong, I liked the GSi plugin a lot, it was just about the only Space Echo plugin (other than UAD) you could get and in all fairness, it sounded really good.

But... Outer Verb is just the better plugin, period. It sounds great, has a much more usable UI, has temp sync, controllable noise, over-sampling, yada yada yada. As good as GSi is, and it is good, Outer Verb is better. More expensive yes, but not outrageously (€39 vs €19). I don't see myself every firing up GSi again now I have Outer Verb.
Thank you for the kind words! I'm happy that all the additional features are well received.
Anyway, I don't believe in coincidences
Old 23rd March 2017
Lives for gear

Hi, great sounding plugin! I'm noticing I can't seem to successfully lock the Noise knob when randomizing. I've tried it on the VST and AU in Studio One, and the AAX in Pro Tools. Same issue on all. I haven't found any other control that won't lock. Only the Noise knob is giving me trouble. Anyone else see this behavior?
Old 23rd March 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiltrip View Post
Hi, great sounding plugin! I'm noticing I can't seem to successfully lock the Noise knob when randomizing. I've tried it on the VST and AU in Studio One, and the AAX in Pro Tools. Same issue on all. I haven't found any other control that won't lock. Only the Noise knob is giving me trouble. Anyone else see this behavior?
Hi, I've just replied to your message (via email). Yes, we are aware of that, actually it's both Noise and Intensity. It'll be fixed in the next update which should be out between tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.
Old 23rd March 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Hi, I've just replied to your message (via email). Yes, we are aware of that, actually it's both Noise and Intensity. It'll be fixed in the next update which should be out between tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.
Much appreciated! Thanks for the reply.
Old 23rd March 2017
Here for the gear

Wow, just tried the demo. Used the real thing for years in the studio and on stage and I'm really impressed. Definitely worth buying.
Old 23rd March 2017
Wow, this is fantastic. Instant buy!
Old 24th March 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sondaro View Post
Wow, just tried the demo. Used the real thing for years in the studio and on stage and I'm really impressed. Definitely worth buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualpt View Post
Wow, this is fantastic. Instant buy!
Thank you guys
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

Also a long time space echo lover. Bought the plugin yesterday and it's the best digital recreation of the box I've ever heard. Love the extra features and very smooth coding on the gui. Love it! Well worth the low price of admission.
Old 24th March 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by basic View Post
Also a long time space echo lover. Bought the plugin yesterday and it's the best digital recreation of the box I've ever heard. Love the extra features and very smooth coding on the gui. Love it! Well worth the low price of admission.
I'm very happy to hear these positive comments from space echo users/lovers. Thanks!
Old 24th March 2017
Lives for gear

New Update v1.0.2

- Added: Delay now clears the feedback loop after playback restarts
- Added: Drop-down menu for synced values
- Added: You can now click on the Mode dial values to change mode
- Fixed: Pro Tools bug where Heads values were not recalling correctly on saved projects
- Fixed: Noise and Intensity Random Lock

You can update by downloading the demo versions from the product page or as usual in the user area: https://www.audiothing.net/account/
πŸ“ Reply