The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
AudioThing releases Outer Space - Vintage Tape Echo
Old 22nd October 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Thanks so much for this huge update. You took what was almost the best delay plugin and made it undoubtedly the best delay plugin. A very happy customer over here!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analogue Mastering View Post
Played with the demo today, what a GREAT plugin, finally a decent SpaceEcho ITB, one question though: When will there be a 64bit VST3?
Thank you! If there's enough demand for VST3 we might add it. I'm planning to do a survey to check this and a few more things.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by basic View Post
Thanks so much for this huge update. You took what was almost the best delay plugin and made it undoubtedly the best delay plugin. A very happy customer over here!
Wow thank you
Old 28th October 2017
Lives for gear

Yep, Purchased this week, I was using the Tape Echo preset on Valhalla Ubermod A LOT, have had a RE20 and this is the perfect ITB alternative to the RE-201
I would really welcome VST3 x64 as nearly all my other plugins are and Cubase runs much more stable, not saying outerspace is causing any problems, but VST3 only is really the way forward.
Old 29th October 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yep, Purchased this week, I was using the Tape Echo preset on Valhalla Ubermod A LOT, have had a RE20 and this is the perfect ITB alternative to the RE-201
I would really welcome VST3 x64 as nearly all my other plugins are and Cubase runs much more stable, not saying outerspace is causing any problems, but VST3 only is really the way forward.
Ok, I'll probably add it in the next update, but not sure when it will be.
Old 17th November 2017
Here for the gear

Just discovered this plugin... and it’s pretty damn phenomenal. Nicely done, AudioThing.
Old 18th November 2017 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Picked this up when it first came out and use it quite a bit. Don't really care how close it is to the hardware. All I know is it sounds great and is easy to dial in. New controls are a nice addition. Thanks AudioThing...well done!
Old 18th November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by prize_fighter View Post
Just discovered this plugin... and it’s pretty damn phenomenal. Nicely done, AudioThing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuintaQuad View Post
Picked this up when it first came out and use it quite a bit. Don't really care how close it is to the hardware. All I know is it sounds great and is easy to dial in. New controls are a nice addition. Thanks AudioThing...well done!
Thank you, guys!
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's an interesting thing to discuss. I don't think many plugins on the market actually produce 64-bit output (but I may be wrong).

We do use double precision (64-bit) in parts of our algorithms, but the actual output is always single precision float (32-bit).

I remember someone comparing the use of double precision (for everything, not just part of the algorithm) to those $20k audio cables for audiophiles.
Most of the times if a plugin is claiming full 64-bit audio processing, is just for marketing.

That being said, I will definitely add VST3 in the future.
Old 6th December 2017
Lives for gear

Outer Space on the drumbus
Old 7th December 2017 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Outer Space on the drumbus
Very nice! Also love the synths, what did you use?
Lives for gear

@ audiothing

Bought yesterday, currently using it on a BP Fallon/David Holmes mix. Mr Fallon is mesmerized by it

Just thought i'd mention it with you being in Ireland too.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Very nice! Also love the synths, what did you use?
ThnX!

Drums - Analog rytm and Vengeance Avenger
Synths - Repro-5 Repro-1 and Diva
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmtech View Post
@ audiothing

Bought yesterday, currently using it on a BP Fallon/David Holmes mix. Mr Fallon is mesmerized by it

Just thought i'd mention it with you being in Ireland too.
Ah very cool! Thanks for sharing, I guess he used quite a lot of Space Echoes through his career
I've been living in Dublin for almost 5 years now, I'm very happy to see that the Irish music scene is so big.

Quote:
ThnX!

Drums - Analog rytm and Vengeance Avenger
Synths - Repro-5 Repro-1 and Diva
That's why Repros are just amazing. I'll share it around!
Old 7th December 2017
Lives for gear

I love the repro”s and Outer Space, i had the RE-20 before as a wannabee RE-201 but this is so much better.
Will try some dub acid with my Avalon this weekend, get the feedback droning going on in Outer Space
I love it and I’m really grateful for developing such a passionate plugin at such a great price. For me it’s like an instrument on it’s own. love it to bits!

Last edited by Analogue Mastering; 7th December 2017 at 09:57 PM..
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Yes! I've been working on it for several months now. The sound of this unit on vocals (even un-modded) is unbeliveable.
Just a small teaser:
Is this going to reach us anytime soon? I think about it quite often
Lives for gear

Quote:
I love the repro”s and Outer Space, i had the RE-20 before as a wannabee RE-201 but this is so much better.
Will try some dub acid with my Avalon this weekend, get the feedback droning going on in Outer Space
I love it and I’m really grateful for developing such a passionate plugin at such a great price. For me it’s like an instrument on it’s own. love it to bits!
Thank you! I agree, it can be considered an instrument. I could play with just the feedback all day.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
Is this going to reach us anytime soon? I think about it quite often
Oh yes, it's coming really really soon. If you follow us on Instagram you can see some sneak peek on our "stories": AudioThing (@audiothing) • Instagram photos and videos
Old 8th December 2017
Lives for gear

Excellent! looking forward to release!
Old 17th February 2018
Hi - was finally able to get this working in Ableton Live 10 (would never open in Live 9 for me), and I bought it soon after hearing it's sweet tones - however, I seem to be missing the presets folder? Any ideas?

OSX 10.11.6

Live 10
Old 18th February 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
Hi - was finally able to get this working in Ableton Live 10 (would never open in Live 9 for me), and I bought it soon after hearing it's sweet tones - however, I seem to be missing the presets folder? Any ideas?

OSX 10.11.6

Live 10
As I've replied to your email, this is a common problem with some OSX configurations, usually involving multiple users. If anyone is having the same problem, just contact us.
Old 18th February 2018
Thanks a bunch man, all sorted via email - just thought i'd post it here in case someone else has the same issue...
Old 14th April 2018
Lives for gear

I picked this up today after all of the good word of mouth... needed this vibe for a session and since moving from LA I can’t seem to just call people and borrow/rent random boutique and vintage gear as easily... so, picked this up and the guy I’m working with (who was bugging the peeesss outta me about getting a Roland to play with) just adored this.

The echo stuff aside, I really dig the reverb section. I’ve used the real deal a few times and this definitely gives me the results I’m looking for when I think of that sound..

Great job dudes

Type A and now this one... keep it up!!
Old 15th April 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
I picked this up today after all of the good word of mouth... needed this vibe for a session and since moving from LA I can’t seem to just call people and borrow/rent random boutique and vintage gear as easily... so, picked this up and the guy I’m working with (who was bugging the peeesss outta me about getting a Roland to play with) just adored this.

The echo stuff aside, I really dig the reverb section. I’ve used the real deal a few times and this definitely gives me the results I’m looking for when I think of that sound..

Great job dudes

Type A and now this one... keep it up!!
Thank you! The reverb section was actually the main reason why I started working on this emulation

By the way, I'm working on an update for the second panel which will be "condensed" in a drop-down section (instead of a separate page).
Old 15th April 2018
Lives for gear

Nice! VST3 still on the radar?
Old 15th April 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice! VST3 still on the radar?
Absolutely, VST3 for sure.
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

This thing is really great... playing around with it as a throw on a reggae type tune and it was I just perfect
Old 19th April 2018 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
This thing is really great... playing around with it as a throw on a reggae type tune and it was I just perfect
Thank you!
Old 18th May 2018
Lives for gear

Outer Space v1.2
You can download the free update from your account.

Price + Sale:
As announced a few weeks ago, we are raising the price of Outer Space and other plugins.
New price: $/€ 69 (VAT inc). However, to give the chance to everyone to get it at the old price, we are offering a 30% discount until the end of the month.

Dropping 32-bit:
This update will be the last to support 32-bit on both MAC and PC.
It will also be the last update to support older systems like Windows XP and 10.6.8.

You can read more about our decision to drop 32-bit and raise our prices here.

Changelog:
  • Improved: All additional controls are now available in a dropdown panel
  • Improved: CPU performance on both Echo and Reverb sections
  • Added: Global option to switch Echo and Reverb Volume parameters curve (linear or audio taper)
  • Added: VST3 plugin format
  • Added: 10 New Presets
  • Fixed: MAC with High Sierra (APFS) presets scrambled
  • Fixed: Wet Only Lock bug
📝 Reply