The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ploytec and intelligent sound & music present Aroma Saturation Plugins
Old 20th May 2017
Here for the gear

Been behaving fine for me the past couple of days in Logic Pro X.
Old 20th May 2017
Here for the gear

Aroma AU 1.1.1 Beta

I tried my best but I couldn't reproduce the crashes here.
Of course! Else Aroma wouldn't have been released with this bug

But I'm quite sure that this workaround will fix the problem cause I had the same problem with another Audio Unit (Perfect Drums / Naughty Seal Audio) some weeks ago and it worked there.

So please try this Audio Unit:
http://www.ismism.de/Aroma/Aroma_AU_v1.1.1_Beta.zip
Hope it's ok for everyone that it's just a zipped component instaead of an installer.

Please let me know if you'll still get a crash.
Old 20th May 2017
Gear Head

I had a crash first day I used the demo. Been using quite a bit the last few days and it's been fine. I had a lot of plugins running as I was comparing Aroma to some others, maybe I stretched my cpu too far. Aroma is really light on the cpu though.
Definitely getting it when I have funds available.
Old 20th May 2017
Gear Maniac

So far, so good with 1.1.1.
Old 20th May 2017
Lives for gear

1.1.0 VST3 doesn't seem to register properly in Windows Registry (Win10 x64) for Sonar VST inventory, and crashes Sonar (latest version) every time it's instantiated on a track. 1.1.0 VST2 works fine. 1.0.0 VST3 also works fine. Gone back to 1.0 version for now.
Old 22nd May 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
1.1.0 VST3 doesn't seem to register properly in Windows Registry (Win10 x64) for Sonar VST inventory, and crashes Sonar (latest version) every time it's instantiated on a track. 1.1.0 VST2 works fine. 1.0.0 VST3 also works fine. Gone back to 1.0 version for now.
thanks a lot for the bug report!

This crash only happens if you run Aroma 1.0.0 in Sonar (which I didn't) and then change to ver. 1.1.0.
So it took a while till I tried this and finally ran into the same crash.

After changing from 1.0.0. to 1.1.0 Sonar does some VST3 calls which are surely legal but quite unconventional.
So I fear I'll have to rewrite a lot of VST3 plug-ins :(

Please check this Aroma 1.1.1 Beta VST3:
http://ismism.de/Aroma/Aroma_Beta_1....ndows_VST3.zip

If it fix also works for you the changes will be included in the next version.
Old 22nd May 2017
Lives for gear

So good so far,
Beta111
Old 23rd May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoRe View Post
thanks a lot for the bug report!

This crash only happens if you run Aroma 1.0.0 in Sonar (which I didn't) and then change to ver. 1.1.0.
So it took a while till I tried this and finally ran into the same crash.

After changing from 1.0.0. to 1.1.0 Sonar does some VST3 calls which are surely legal but quite unconventional.
So I fear I'll have to rewrite a lot of VST3 plug-ins :(

Please check this Aroma 1.1.1 Beta VST3:
http://ismism.de/Aroma/Aroma_Beta_1....ndows_VST3.zip

If it fix also works for you the changes will be included in the next version.
I uninstalled 1.0, re-installed 1.1.0, then replaced the VST3 DLL with the beta 1.1.1 VST3 DLL. Sonar no longer crashing using VST3. Appears 1.1.1 VST3 beta is working okay in Sonar now. Thanks!
Old 23rd May 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
I uninstalled 1.0, re-installed 1.1.0, then replaced the VST3 DLL with the beta 1.1.1 VST3 DLL. Sonar no longer crashing using VST3. Appears 1.1.1 VST3 beta is working okay in Sonar now. Thanks!
Thanks a lot again for the bug report and for getting back to me!!
Would have been impossible to find this bug without your help.
Old 29th May 2017
Gear Head

Old 31st May 2017
Here for the gear

AROMA ver. 1.1.1

Old 19th June 2017
Lives for gear

Just demo'd Aroma, and I gotta say it was the quickest I have ever decided to buy the full version - first the copy protection does it's job of annoying you, and then the tone of the thing is just so great, flexible and customizable to each source, that it was an instant no brainer for me.

I think it sounds very refined and analog like in it's character, different then any other saturation plug I have, and I have a lot - the top end just seems creamier then most other digital distortion.

I'm gonna be using this one a lot I can tell.

Old 20th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
Just demo'd Aroma, and I gotta say it was the quickest I have ever decided to buy the full version - first the copy protection does it's job of annoying you, and then the tone of the thing is just so great, flexible and customizable to each source, that it was an instant no brainer for me.

I think it sounds very refined and analog like in it's character, different then any other saturation plug I have, and I have a lot - the top end just seems creamier then most other digital distortion.

I'm gonna be using this one a lot I can tell.

Lol yep the girl is making me crazy , wanted to do a review with on it , but it keeps surpirsing me non stop'lol. ....asked for a nfr the guyz just for the purpose but no answer yet ... really great tone , i find it kinda static versus stuff modulated like tapes , saturn ..but it sound just right , the gui is spot on and cpu hit is a pleasure ....it is in my test the most optimised with tapedesk and of course mc dsp oldies ...
Old 14th July 2017
Here for the gear

Old 14th July 2017
Lives for gear

Old 1st August 2017
Gear Nut
Ok folks. Just tried the demo of this.

You lot have been keeping this one quiet haven't you.

Sweet. Great polish. Working ITB just got better.

Old 1st August 2017
Here for the gear

Seriously. I bought this a couple of months back and am extremely happy with it.
Sounds terrific and is not at all taxing on CPU. I guess it is still under appreciated because it doesn't have a spinning tape reels in its user interface.
Old 3rd August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesther View Post
Seriously. I bought this a couple of months back and am extremely happy with it.
Sounds terrific and is not at all taxing on CPU. I guess it is still under appreciated because it doesn't have a spinning tape reels in its user interface.
Nope , maybe some want stuff just simplier , or just cheaper ...this might be some cause , Satin from Uhe is exellent and fully tweakable but some will use magnetite or Tape from softube , half the price and way easier ...

So it s a question of public profile , i still think aroma is exellent ...but price should be more agressive giving how crazy last stuff were ...( don t get me wrong the actual price is cheap ) but other brands are just crazy on promos lately with a j37 at 29 $ or unfiltred audio dent a 49 when i dont even count the vauchers ect ...
Old 8th August 2017
Lives for gear

Aroma seems to prefer analogue hardware. Strange things happen to the sound field between NS 10s the more a signal is true to the source. It bends the sound stage between monitors like i didn´t experience before.

Guess it must be a joy to listen to it in a mastering engineers controlled environment.
Old 14th August 2017
Lives for gear

Very good this one!

I use Dave Hill RA every day and love it to bits.
This one is different from RA, but aroma also makes things sound better and "more expensive"
Since I already have RA I have no need for another similar plug in but before I bought RA I was very much looking for a less expensive alternative.
My first impression is that Aroma is a good alternative.
First impressions are not definite mind you

(I have to be honest though, I do prefer RA)

Huub
Old 14th September 2017
Gear Head

Tried to check out RA, but it is only AAX and TDM :-(
No go with Sadie...
Old 15th September 2017
Gear Addict

Do these guys have sales?
Old 16th September 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
Do these guys have sales?
Not that I am aware of.
But I think Aroma is pretty well priced considering what it does.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
You guys still feel this is better than the Dave Hill stuff? I'm comparing them and this is the first thing that really seems on par or better in some ways. It's different. Seems to glue to the sound more and not dull the highs as much in order to achieve smoothness. Many people have passed on the Dave Hill stuff due to price and lack of VST and AU it seems.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Well, Aroma has more options.
I was able to cancel Hedd settings down to -98dbFS IIRC.
Reports say the new Hedd still has the same dsp processing.
So if you do not take use of it's new awsome ADDA convertors, Aroma is a nice tool for enhancing Signals.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlab View Post
Well, Aroma has more options.
I was able to cancel Hedd settings down to -98dbFS IIRC.
Reports say the new Hedd still has the same dsp processing.
So if you do not take use of it's new awsome ADDA convertors, Aroma is a nice tool for enhancing Signals.
What I'm noticing is that Aroma doesn't seem to narrow the stereo width like Phoenix and RA do. On a couple sessions I disabled all Phoenix and RA and got a better result just using one instance of Aroma in place of that combination. When I add RA to a vocal track with Aroma, every setting just seems to narrow the stereo field and compress the highs too much. I will have to keep trying it out. So Aroma is more of a replacement for the HEDD hardware than the Cranesong software?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

I never used Phoenix as I never had a TDM system, so I can't comment.
Yes, Aroma follows the ideas of the HEDD dsp in a plug in.
I was using my HEDD strictly digital after my primary AD for years, which was wasting electricity for heating the analog inside ;-)
Also the possibility to balance input against output in Aroma let's me find the sweet spot easily. But beware the Aroma input can't take more than 0dBFS before limiting!

When the new HEDD comes in I will be checking the new converters for sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousbliss View Post
What I'm noticing is that Aroma doesn't seem to narrow the stereo width like Phoenix and RA do. On a couple sessions I disabled all Phoenix and RA and got a better result just using one instance of Aroma in place of that combination. When I add RA to a vocal track with Aroma, every setting just seems to narrow the stereo field and compress the highs too much. I will have to keep trying it out. So Aroma is more of a replacement for the HEDD hardware than the Cranesong software?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Okay so I bought this and initially never really put it through its paces. Today I was mixing a track from a client that the vocals were harsh and thin. I added block rooster new pre and their magnite tape plugin to try to roll off some harshness. Nothing really worked to my liking, so I was about to run it through some hardware. I remembered somebody bragging about this plugin so I said what the heck and though it on with much doubt and BAM salt was good... Then pepper was better but sugar was perfect. Nothing but smiles and I said to myself this is going on the vocal chain preset for now on. Just rolled off the harsh top end whole retaining body and fattening up the bottom like a down south corn bread eating hoochie momma.

This is by far the best in saturation I've tried outside of nebula. This with arousor is just it's worth every dollar paid. I'm shocked this has not been more talked about in this site and I'm pretty upset I didn't use this more. Great job to the developers
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
Okay so I bought this and initially never really put it through its paces. Today I was mixing a track from a client that the vocals were harsh and thin. I added block rooster new pre and their magnite tape plugin to try to roll off some harshness. Nothing really worked to my liking, so I was about to run it through some hardware. I remembered somebody bragging about this plugin so I said what the heck and though it on with much doubt and BAM salt was good... Then pepper was better but sugar was perfect. Nothing but smiles and I said to myself this is going on the vocal chain preset for now on. Just rolled off the harsh top end whole retaining body and fattening up the bottom like a down south corn bread eating hoochie momma.

This is by far the best in saturation I've tried outside of nebula. This with arousor is just it's worth every dollar paid. I'm shocked this has not been more talked about in this site and I'm pretty upset I didn't use this more. Great job to the developers
Totally agree! I guess many people underestimate it because of it's GUI
Old 5 days ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
Totally agree! I guess many people underestimate it because of it's GUI
Yep. Also, I reckon some folks also enjoy keeping it a little secret.

I'm very glad I found this plug-in.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search