The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ploytec and intelligent sound & music present Aroma Saturation Plugins
Old 29th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsblack View Post
Not a big deal, but that would be neat if we could put down the output over 3 dBs to get a better level match..
this plugin is really something! imho
I agree
Old 4th April 2017
Here for the gear

just to show we didn't forget you - here's a new Aroma Beta version:

http://ismism.de/Aroma/Aroma_OSX_v110_BETA.zip
http://ismism.de/Aroma/Aroma_Windows_v110_BETA.zip

news:

* Mono for AAX and AU
* also VST will not let you switch to MS processing on a Mono track
* the Pro Tools bypass button works now
* 3dB/18dB switches provide a wider range for in-/out attenuation

As far as I can see everything works fine.
We just don't find the time to organize a real beta test before the Frankfurt Music Fair is over.

Cheers,

Thomas
Old 4th April 2017
Lives for gear
Thanks
Old 4th April 2017
Gear Addict

Thank you Thomas,,
Old 6th April 2017
Brb
Gear Addict

Tried a Lil sugar and salt on the vocal bus wowwww

Then I put a Little dab of all 4 flavors in the master bus and turned the out put down .3-.4 db gotta buy this soon....
Old 6th April 2017
Gear Addict
I'd love to read some in-depth techy doc about that plugin. Really liking the GUI and the labels, but still.
Old 7th April 2017
Gear Addict

The demo restriction voice is driving me nuts!!!

But the plugin sounds really great. It glues a stereo bus very well and brings out the deep basses in a pleasent way
Old 7th April 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by filterfreak View Post
The demo restriction voice is driving me nuts!!
Oh Yeah! it's kinda LOUD..
Old 7th April 2017
Gear Addict

sending a bassline into black rooster VLA 2A - PEARL 2 - AROMA - VLA-3A seriously kicks ass!!
Old 8th April 2017
Lives for gear

Yes, this is awesome.
Thomas-would there be any way to link the Input and Output for a more simple AGC (in a future update)?
Old 8th April 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantex View Post
Amazing what this plugin does, it should attract at leat 100 pages of hype. The analog character of this beast is in a league of its own. It can make mix sound more analog than my analog equipment if desired. You can really also increase RMS while peak levels remain intact and get super warm, glued sound. Superb work by the developer.

While HG-2 is a nice plugin, this sounds leaps and bounds better. And IMHO also much better than the whole Dave Hill line of plugins. I tried it after a friend suggested me to try it otherwise I would simply probably pass by this gem by accident. So glad I didn't. For me the best plugin in the last few years.
Thanks for posting this Jantex! Guess I have to try the demo now..
Old 8th April 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimotei View Post
Thanks for posting this Jantex! Guess I have to try the demo now..
Jantex is spot on...outside of preamps this has replaced all my saturation plugins. I literally mean all. Its fun to use and sounds absolutely amazing. Im always scouring GS new product releases for sleeper plugins and Ive been on board with Aroma from day 1.

This also killed my interest in purchasing HG-2, but also from using VTM, UAD tapes, decapitator, pusher, kramer tape, etc. Ive had them all at some point. Imo best non emulation saturation plugin period! Ive been using Aroma since release and the honeymoon period hasnt ended.
Old 8th April 2017
Gear Maniac

What about oversampling options in a future update? X2, X4 etc
Old 12th April 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
You're not alone. I haven't tried your plugin yet, but i like the gui. I prefer usable and neutral GUIs, that don't interfere with my perception of the sound, or add additional cognitive workload. I wish more developpers would do that.
Are you referring to Dave hills Ra plugin? I'm curious to discover how they might compare if they are indeed similar. I was going to purchase Ra, but i'd rather save some money. If it's good, i could save 400 bucks that's a considerable savings for a plugin. I must say i did own the original Ra when i had my now ancient Tdm mixplus system. It was an incredible product back then, i long since sold that system. The Ra and Echo farm are the only plugs i miss from that system. If this plugin can get me 90 percent of what Ra does, at a fifth of the price, it would be a no brainer purchase.
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelksuccess View Post
Are you referring to Dave hills Ra plugin? I'm curious to discover how they might compare if they are indeed similar. I was going to purchase Ra, but i'd rather save some money. If it's good, i could save 400 bucks that's a considerable savings for a plugin. I must say i did own the original Ra when i had my now ancient Tdm mixplus system. It was an incredible product back then, i long since sold that system. The Ra and Echo farm are the only plugs i miss from that system. If this plugin can get me 90 percent of what Ra does, at a fifth of the price, it would be a no brainer purchase.
If you look through classifieds you might see that I was looking to purchase RA and Phoenix... Off and on since 2015.

Aroma is just as good and Id argue better. It can bring up low level elements like RA but kinda with more choices on where in the spectrum. The way it saturates is truly beautiful and you have sooo much control on how it saturates. This is where Aroma Usain Bolts past the competition. Plus its as easy as baking a pie crust.

It is very different in tone than Cransong though. I actually prefer Aroma by a country mile. You can get downright rock nasty with Aroma or just touch it, while Cransong is always sorta polished. Needless to say I no longer even think about Cranesong plugins, Finally!

Anyone who has tried RA or Phoenix has experienced using Decapitator, Vtm, or whatever, but you always have Cranesong in the back of your head taunting you. Those voices have since been asked to see the door. The price is just a gentle suggestion to test it out.
Old 12th April 2017
Lives for gear

I would like to request the ability for direct numerical entry for a given 'knob'/process value.

As a device meant for 'master' buss use...ability to immediately set EXACT values would be very much appreciated ;-)

Currently even getting to basic values (like '50%') requires way too much 'fiddling about' and shift-clicking here while still not getting exactly to a particular value (using Apple Magic Mouse & Aroma demo).

Also, just noticed that in Logic 9.1.8 the automation is quite incomplete/un-labled (a bunch of 'Chili' and 'Chili Flavour's then endless 'message's' and no 'Touch' recording???

Last edited by Loopy C; 12th April 2017 at 07:53 PM..
Old 21st April 2017
Lives for gear

Amazing plugin! People are keeping quiet because it's so good!
Old 28th April 2017
Here for the gear

This is a MUST have plugin!

If you have not bought, yet...
It is time to do so, now.

Easy to handle and with really nice results.
Cheers
André
Old 30th April 2017
Gear Head
Made a clean install, new lock code. Now my license isn't working any more.
Why do we need that Lock?? ID and license should be enough security.
Old 1st May 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFi View Post
Made a clean install, new lock code. Now my license isn't working any more.
Why do we need that Lock?? ID and license should be enough security.

Hi Jofi,

that's the way challenge/response works.
Please send an email message containing your new Lock code to info@ismism.de

Best,

Thomas
Old 1st May 2017
Lives for gear

No harissa ?

Old 1st May 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoRe View Post
Hi Jofi,

that's the way challenge/response works.
Please send an email message containing your new Lock code to info@ismism.de

Best,

Thomas
Guten Morgen,
das ist mir durchaus bewusst, bedeutet für beide Seiten eben den höheren Aufwand.
Danke für den support.
Old 13th May 2017
Here for the gear

Aroma 1.1.0 Released

Direct download links: Mac Windows

Or visit the Aroma website

Changes from version 1.0.0 to 1.1.0:

New Features:
* Mono processing for AAX and AU.
* Aroma will no more let you switch to MS processing on a Mono track.
* numerical parameter editing.
* 3dB/18dB switches provide a wider range for in-/out attenuation.

Changes:
* VST3 category is mastering now.
* AAX category has changed to harmonic.

Fixes:
* the Pro Tools bypass button works now.
* the knobs in the Windows AAX don't jump to default on mouse-down anymore.
* under special circumstances unregistered Mac AAX started without showing the registration page first.
* the Windows 32-bit VST3's value displays are no more cut off at the top.
Old 13th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoRe View Post
* numerical parameter editing.
Thank you for that, this alone will make evaluating Aroma far more attractive now for my particular workflow, downloading now ;-)
Old 13th May 2017
Gear Addict

With a fancy GUI and a famous name this thread would have at least 50 sites
Old 15th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Was playing with this in Logic and experienced a total quit. I can supply a crash report if needed.
Old 15th May 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by onerob View Post
Was playing with this in Logic and experienced a total quit. I can supply a crash report if needed.
unbelievable! Please send the crash report to info@ismism.de.

Thanks,

Thomas
Old 15th May 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
BIG thanks for the crash report!
Looks like we're gonna have to release version 1.1.1 quite soon!
Old 17th May 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Been playing with the demo for a couple of days and really liking what Aroma does.
Have had one total crash in Logic as well. Really tempted to get this when I have funds.
Old 19th May 2017
Lives for gear

Didn't have any problems with 110 Beta but 110 Release is crashing Logic every chance it gets.

LP 9.1.8
El Cap 10.11.6

edit: yep-double checked: Beta100 seems stable. Could it maybe have something to do with Graphics or even the License?

Last edited by acmusic; 22nd May 2017 at 09:23 PM..
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search