The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Gospel Musicians launches new Neo-Soul Keys® Studio
Old 6th March 2017
News Desk Editor

Gospel Musicians launches new Neo-Soul Keys® Studio

Gospel Musicians launches new Neo-Soul Keys® Studio-screenshot.jpg

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio is the newest iteration of Gospel Musician’s legendary Neo-Soul Keys versions. It is a standalone sample library plugin (VST/AU/AAX/Standalone) and features a brand new sample engine using the highest DFD streaming algorithms. It also contains all of Overloud’s VKFX keyboard FX suite built in. These amazing effects are also included as a separate FX rack plugin that can be used in your DAW to process audio. So essentially, Neo-Soul Keys Studio is two products in one (Effect Rack and Sounds). The thing that has made Neo-Soul Keys so successful is our painstaking attention to the mechanical parts of the electric piano, which we feel, adds to the character and authenticity of an electromechanical piano.

Here is why the legendary George Duke says that he used our electric pianos live:
"I also incorporated one called [Gospel Musicians] Neo-Soul Suitcase, because that has a little more grit and meat on it for certain types of sounds. There’s another that’s pretty smooth, and it’s also a Scarbee thing but it’s toned down; it doesn’t have a lot of attack. As a matter a fact, I’m using that sound on “Brazilian Love Affair.” When I go into playing more funk, I might use Neo-Soul Keys, which has a lot of attack....” (Keyboard Magazine, Aug. 2013)"

Neo-Soul Keys® Studio’s regular price is $199.99, but will be on sale for an introductory price of only $79.99. Existing Neo-Soul Keys customers can crossgrade for $39.99. Sale ends March 20th.

What's New from the Other Versions?
• 42 New Electric Pianos
◦ New Clav
◦ New Mark I Stage
◦ New Mark II Stage
◦ New Mark V Stage
◦ New RARE Wurli 300
▪ This Model was only available in Germany and came in a wooden cabinet.
▪ It was based upon the 200, but with added speaker and the same amp as the 206
◦ All EX5 Ep Factory presets
◦ New FM Tines, Dynos, and Crystal EPs
• 26 New Mechanical FX
• Featuring Overloud's Vintage Keyboard FX suite integrated as the main FX.
• Overloud's Vintage Keyboard FX included as a separate dedicated FX rack for your DAW
• FX Racks can be moved to change the effect’s signal routing.
• Optimized CPU and loading with extra attention to Logic Pro and Mainstage
• Optimize preset system with better saving options and a search function
• Much larger HD GUI screen for better viewing (1000x780)
• Simple serial number authorization
• New vintage modeled Master Limiter with a smooth and transparent soft limit and tube saturation.
• Keyboard Follow (K.Follow) for Decay
• Self Contained Plugin - No Free Player Required
• Resizable GUI (85% View for Smaller Laptops)
• Each mechanical effect has a dedicated:
◦ ADSR
◦ Velocity Curve
◦ Velocity Amount
◦ Keyboard Amount
◦ Gain and Volume
Highlights and Features:
• Available for VST/AU/AAX/Standalone
• Operating Systems: Windows 7+ and OSX 10.7.5+
• 21GB of High Quality Samples
• 88 Distinct Electric Piano Timbres
• 60 Dedicated Mechanical FX
• 126 High Quality Presets
• All of the VKFX Vintage Effects from Overloud
• VKFX Included as Standalone FX to use in your DAW
• 18 High quality AMP Sims

Soundcloud Demos of Raw EP Sounds: https://soundcloud.com/gospelmusicia...-raw-ep-sounds

SoundCloud Audio Demos: https://soundcloud.com/gospelmusicia...ul-keys-studio

Link : https://gospelmusicians.com/neo-soul-keys-studio.html
Attached Thumbnails
Gospel Musicians launches new Neo-Soul Keys® Studio-screenshot.jpg  
Old 6th March 2017
Gear Addict

Long time fan of Neo Soul Keys. Just bought the crossgrade, very excited..
Old 6th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Asher View Post
Long time fan of Neo Soul Keys. Just bought the crossgrade, very excited..
How much was it? I only saw the 60% sale... It easier just asking you, as their Customer Support is the worse... I dig the product, loathe dealing with them...
Old 6th March 2017
Lives for gear
Not sure about the new looks. Probably should grow on me. And I already purchased VKFX before, so no winner here.
For those without VKFX wanting to upgrade their Neo-Soul for $40, this is a no-brainer, as VKFX costs at least that.
Old 6th March 2017
Lives for gear

Love it. So grimy. Almost forced to grab it at that price. Nice release, guys!
Old 6th March 2017
Lives for gear

Bought it, brought it down, installed. Corrupted rar files couldn't install a bunch of the "ch1" files. 64bit VSTi also won't play in Cubase. Shows midi coming in, but no sound coming out. Not sure if it's actually loading any of the presets I'm selecting. In standalone mode it would load the samples, but not play any sound.

Well, that took the wind right out of my sails...

Contacted GM. We'll see if we can get this sorted.
Old 6th March 2017
Lives for gear

The demos sound great.
Hopefully the technical t's and i's can get straightened out quickly.
Old 6th March 2017
Lives for gear
Took for a spin through all the presets. It sounds great, congrats on the release.
(64bit VSTi in Cubase 9 works fine here, no corrupted files.)
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceemusic View Post
Took for a spin through all the presets. It sounds great, congrats on the release.
(64bit VSTi in Cubase 9 works fine here, no corrupted files.)
Hmm. I'll try re-downloading and installing again.
Old 7th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Disk usage size is 21gb? Does it support putting all or part of the library in a user defined location like an external drive?

Best would actually be if I could put some of the library on an external but then keep my most used presets on internal ssd. Is something like that supported?
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by btfnk View Post
Disk usage size is 21gb?
That would be ten times the size of the last UVI version of Neo-Soul Keys at app. 2GB.
Is that indeed the case?
Old 7th March 2017
Gear Maniac

From the site:

Quote:
Library Specs
Number of Presets 126
Sample Library Size 21GB (Uncompressed Audio)
Number of EPs 88 Distinct Timbres
Number of Mechanical FX 60
Download Siz 6.21 GB (RAR Compression)
Not sure if it uses some type of compression on disk so that it doesn't take up the full uncompressed 21gb
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear
mine's 19.4 GB
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear
Does the Overloud VKFX vst for DAW use look like the original one?https://www.gearslutz.com/board/overloud/vkfx-g24936/
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_English View Post
How much was it? I only saw the 60% sale... It easier just asking you, as their Customer Support is the worse... I dig the product, loathe dealing with them...
Hmm, how is it the worse? I emailed them and they set me up almost immediately with the cross grade price from a Steinberg version I had.
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear
True, they're very forthcoming in that sense. Just shoot them an email.
Old 7th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Hey Guys.....As you know I'm swamped ever second of the say with this launch....But I will chime in really quickly to help:

1. For OSX guys, the UnRARX is a big misleading. It takes a while to extract, so sometimes it seems like it's not doing anything, but it is. So you have to wait it through and only at the end you will see it's complete. If you stop at anytime, you'll have partial samples

2. If you are getting no sound, then simply go to Settings and Choose the Sample Folder. You'll have to reboot though. It prompts you to choose the sample folder, but we think a lot of guys, out of excitement, are clicking the Ignore.

3. In order to contact us, please use the Contact Form on our website. Without that, your email will probably go to Spam.

4. The crossgrade is for the Steinberg customers as well:

For Third Party Registration please do the following:

Go to the Product: Third Party Registration and Add it to your cart
When you go to Checkout, then choose Other for payment method
In the Notes Section of your Order Please let us know who you purchased from and your registration numbers/Order ID.
Send a copy of your invoice to [email protected] and the Invoice number that you received from us.

We will process your order and you will receive all of the benefits as a regular purchaser.
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear

Still no dice for me. Re-downloaded, unzipped with WinRAR. Download takes less than 4 minutes for about 6GB, then the decompression takes almost 1h20m.

I don't believe I've ever seen a RAR file compressed so zealously. 6GB becoming almost 20GB is an amazing feat, but it may be causing some issues. I got a bunch of "file is corrupt" messages, but some of the files that didn't work last time, did work this time. There are a bunch that were corrupted last time that continue to be corrupt. I've now tried unzipping with WinRAR, 7zip, and B1 Archiver. This is pretty standard stuff- I've downloaded many TB of samples and unzipped/installed without issue.

I'd rather have 10 zip files that work than 3 RAR files that don't. No word back from Gospel Musicians yet via their contact us form. Busy times, I guess!
Old 7th March 2017
Lives for gear

3rd time's a charm. I re-downloaded, this time I used WinZip to decompress, since it was mentioned that WinZip was used to compress the files. There were several times WinZip stopped with an error, but each time it offered me the option of debugging. I would debug and it kept decompressing the files.

So, basically the sampler is not set up to load a partial sample set. If it's missing one of the files and pops up the missing file alert, you have the option of choosing to locate the sample folder (which I did and it sends you into an endless loop of missing files) or you can choose ignore. Apparently, if you choose ignore nothing loads, even if you have a folder full of functional .ch1 files. This is either a bug, an oversight, or a poor design choice. It's an all or nothing thing. So, what would happen if I wanted to only take a small portable HD with only a few of my favorite EP's? I'm guessing that may not be possible? Or there's some other workaround I haven't heard yet.

Anyway, with Neo-Soul Keys Studio up and running, I'm diving into the sounds. Totally amazing and worth waaaay more than the asking price. Rocky start, happy ending.
Old 7th March 2017
Here for the gear

Anyone know the difference between this and the neosoul version 4 for uvi?
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
Still no dice for me. Re-downloaded, unzipped with WinRAR. Download takes less than 4 minutes for about 6GB, then the decompression takes almost 1h20m.

I don't believe I've ever seen a RAR file compressed so zealously. 6GB becoming almost 20GB is an amazing feat, but it may be causing some issues. I got a bunch of "file is corrupt" messages, but some of the files that didn't work last time, did work this time. There are a bunch that were corrupted last time that continue to be corrupt. I've now tried unzipping with WinRAR, 7zip, and B1 Archiver. This is pretty standard stuff- I've downloaded many TB of samples and unzipped/installed without issue.

I'd rather have 10 zip files that work than 3 RAR files that don't. No word back from Gospel Musicians yet via their contact us form. Busy times, I guess!
Might have gone faster with 10 zip files. Were you using the latest winrar? Happens when using an older version you'll get "corrupt headers" errors sometimes. Decompression did seem to take a long time but mine was way under an hour. 40 mins or so.
Installation went smooth for me also.

Well worth the wait though, lots of options to play with but loving the sound so far.
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

These sound great! LOVE THE DYNO!!
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullquartz View Post
Anyone know the difference between this and the neosoul version 4 for uvi?
The UVI version compresses most of the new version's content to one tenth in size.
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear

Let me reiterate what a mind-blowingly great sample set this is. I've been getting lost playing this thing for hours. Endlessly inspiring.
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear
Anyone had the latest UVI 4.1 version and bought the new one? Would like to know about the difference in sound of the common suitcase and stage models from someone who played them both. After all, the UVI version is only 2.2 GB in size (after some incredible lossless compression only UVI seems to have access to). As the new version has almost no compression and weighs ten times as much, I'd like to know if the difference between both is in the same ballpark.
Old 8th March 2017
SEA
Lives for gear

I know many of the patches are 20 Velocity levels pedal up. Are there 20 velocity pedal down samples and 20 release samples as well?

I know Neo Soul is all about the details and so am I

Thanks!

SEA
Old 8th March 2017
SEA
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
Anyone had the latest UVI 4.1 version and bought the new one? Would like to know about the difference in sound of the common suitcase and stage models from someone who played them both. After all, the UVI version is only 2.2 GB in size (after some incredible lossless compression only UVI seems to have access to). As the new version has almost no compression and weighs ten times as much, I'd like to know if the difference between both is in the same ballpark.
I don't have the UVI version to compare the sound, BUT the NEW Neo Soul Keys Studio has 30 more electric pianos and 20 more mechanical effects. It has way more than the UVI version for sure!

It has the effects from Overloud built in and you get those effects as standalone.

I also believe it's more CPU friendly.

I have UVI Falcon, UVI Workstation, Vintage Vault, Synth Anthology II, Attack EP88, and more. So far the NS Keys Studio seems be more CPU friendly (IMHO).
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear
Thanks, SEA. Also have most of them, including the latest ones from Spectrasonics (Keyscape), Soniccouture (Broken Wurli and EP73), AIR (Velvet), AAS (Lounge Lizard), Pianoteq (Electrics and Hohner), Sampletekk, Toontrack, Apple, IKM, EWQL, Native Instruments, Scarbee, Waves and many more.
And I know the new studio version of Neo-Soul Keys added more flavors of the same, plus a clav and some others I don't actually need as I have them covered.
So that's why I'm interested in knowing about the sound difference between the "same" suitcase and stage pianos in the last UVI version (2.1 GB after that amazing lossless compression, coming from almost 20GB) and the new studio version (21 GB yet no compression). If the difference in sound is worthwhile, then I'll have to get a larger SSD.
Old 8th March 2017
SEA
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
Thanks, SEA. Also have most of them, including the latest ones from Spectrasonics (Keyscape), Soniccouture (Broken Wurli and EP73), AIR (Velvet), AAS (Lounge Lizard), Pianoteq (Electrics and Hohner), Sampletekk, Toontrack, Apple, IKM, EWQL, Native Instruments, Scarbee, Waves and many more.
And I know the new studio version of Neo-Soul Keys added more flavors of the same, plus a clav and some others I don't actually need as I have them covered.
So that's why I'm interested in knowing about the sound difference between the "same" suitcase and stage pianos in the last UVI version (2.1 GB after that amazing lossless compression, coming from almost 20GB) and the new studio version (21 GB yet no compression). If the difference in sound is worthwhile, then I'll have to get a larger SSD.
Cool! Do you have Scarbee Classic EP-88s?
Old 8th March 2017
Lives for gear
It's the one painfully missing, SEA. Still cherishing the old ones included in Komplete Ultimate.
Also looking at those new ones from SessionKeys. And that Wurli from Acousticsamples.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search