The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pearl2 by Acustica Audio! Available for a limited period only!
Old 19th March 2017
Lives for gear

Fine! They are just following orders. We try to be fair for the whole customerbase, following the rules we announced and explained several months ago. Support is just trying to follow those rules: the automatic system is just applying rules, and there is a limitation on the maximin percentage of discount a customer could receive. We'll simply raise that threshold for future coupon issues.

Pay attention folks, there are LESS then 10 pearls available, so we'll close the shop very soon. Next time will be maybe 2019. We'll NOT go back, this is the spirit of the product.
Old 19th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
zaphod, can you tell us when the new release with the phase inverted fixed will be out?

Another thing, the trial is compatible with the commercial version?

Bump
Old 19th March 2017
Lives for gear

It was released quite immediately. I'm not sure the trial was updated.
Old 19th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
It was released quite immediately. I'm not sure the trial was updated.
I don't get it. Seems that no one can see this new release on their dashboard. Are you aware of this topic on your own forum? https://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB...116436#p116436
Old 19th March 2017
Lives for gear

Ok follow that topic, it is the correct source
Old 19th March 2017
Here for the gear

Me and some collegues are joining the AA bandwagon in the Acqua world which was the natural evolution of Nebula breakthru I guess.
The improved workflow was a natural step forward for this amazing technology.
I bought Pearl 2 but somehow they PayPal page refused to let me pay (it simply showed a generic error of some sort). I tried to yell "shut up and take my money" at the monitor but to no extent
So I guess the order is still in standby. By the way I opened a ticket for the sales dept. asking infos on VAT and Invoice as well. I also sent a mail to you on the info@ address to ask some insight on the licensing model and the new Aquarius app.

Thanks so far for all your effort in bringing innovation and art to the music world. I always thought this is pure genius and had always been underestimated but maybe now with the Acqua line you are finally having the "satisfactions" you deserve (sorry for the bad english... we'd better talk in italian)
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Pearl2 is no longer available, sold out
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Thank you very much!
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

That was fast. I thought it would take longer, because 100 interested people already have Pearl1.

Bravo, Acustica!
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Head

Talking

Quote:
Thank you very much!
Wow. That was super fast!

You consider bringing it back for a one day flash sale, in the coming months - for those of us who didn't have all our ducks in a row to trial and make that purchase!
Old 20th March 2017
Here for the gear

Please Giancarlo have the sales team take a look at my ticket since I placed the order yesterday but PayPal reported an error so I could not pay (I received the order confirmation email by the way). Also I sent a mail to you on the info@ acustica account (in italian). Thanks
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
Pearl2 is no longer available, sold out
I'm really—really—glad I bought this. Worth it for the EQ alone.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by massitr View Post
Please Giancarlo have the sales team take a look at my ticket since I placed the order yesterday but PayPal reported an error so I could not pay (I received the order confirmation email by the way). Also I sent a mail to you on the info@ acustica account (in italian). Thanks
I think that is fair. even if they had to make a 301 unit.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

What are people finding Pearl2's compressor suited for?
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thank you very much!
I want to mention that it was very generous to
give the whole bundle for free to owners of Pearl 1
Old 20th March 2017
Gear Nut

I'm proud of myself for not buying this...I'm also extremely sad.
Old 20th March 2017
Lives for gear

im a proud owner of Pearl and extremely happy
Old 20th March 2017
Quote:
Offically they are 2 licenses
Anyway starting from today we are increasing the number of slots for commercial products, you'll have FIVE slots - following the apple model.
I hope it is enough for possible your daily operations, movement of licenses, replication of your things in your home notebook and so on.
That is awesome. Thanks for making life easier.
Old 21st March 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
That is awesome. Thanks for making life easier.
Indeed. Wonderful move, very clever. This and the free updates plus the coupons for existing customers show that Acustica is definitely on the right track as a plugin company, in my book.

Bravo and thank you
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Indeed. Wonderful move, very clever. This and the free updates plus the coupons for existing customers show that Acustica is definitely on the right track as a plugin company, in my book.

Bravo and thank you
Coupons?
Old 21st March 2017
Gear Nut

Glad to have been part of the 10 year Celebration G - from day 1 ...Congrats
Old 21st March 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Coupons?
Yes. Depending on how much you've spent, you will get an email with a code that gives you a nice discount, every time they release a new plugin. It can go from 10% up. I frequently get 30% off coupons, but I did spend some cash on Acustica stuff.
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by illsoulprod View Post
ALL ACUSTICA HEADS MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE FACEBOOK AUDIOPHILES PAGE!!!
FACEBOOK
Do NOT click that link! I believe his account has been hacked and the post is now reported.
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear

Old 21st March 2017
Here for the gear

Solved with Enrique thanks. Now waiting for the invoice. I agree with OMU, the free updates, the coupons and most of all the cap raise to 5 licenses really show great marketing care. The Pearl manual made me laugh you really are genius!!! Keep on that way, your own way which differentiates you from all others just like your products are different from all the others and for me the only real audio revolution in the last year for music producers.
With the new Aquarius app and the cap to 5 I think the ability to deactivate/reactivate licenses automatically should be a top priority. My antiviral uses the same licensing model and it's quite straightforward on each reinstall to deactivate and reactivate. Of course you'll need an Internet connection but only at the.the moment of deactivation/activation so it should not be an issue even for those who want their gear disconnected from the web during common use.
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
What are people finding Pearl2's compressor suited for?
It's really good for adding some "clack!" or sort of heavy handed punch to things. Especially if you use higher SHMOD numbers. It seems to have a pretty unique attack character.

I've also used it in slower release modes (up to 6 seconds, not that it really is 6 seconds) at 2:1 ratio so that the needle barely moves. Then use wet/dry to blend in the "breathing" signal. This was on a percussion groove that I needed to "calm down" rhythmically.

I'm still learning it's quirks though. Sometimes it's a bit quirky and I wish it had a built in internal HPF sidechain filter.. but so far I've been routing Pro-Q2 to the sidechain and experimented.
Old 21st March 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

Indeed, an internal sc filter would be great for such a characterful compressor.
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Indeed, an internal sc filter would be great for such a characterful compressor.
i would absolutely love that as well
in 2017 internal sidechain should be a standard in ITB compressors IMHO
Old 21st March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
It's really good for adding some "clack!" or sort of heavy handed punch to things. Especially if you use higher SHMOD numbers. It seems to have a pretty unique attack character.

I've also used it in slower release modes (up to 6 seconds, not that it really is 6 seconds) at 2:1 ratio so that the needle barely moves. Then use wet/dry to blend in the "breathing" signal. This was on a percussion groove that I needed to "calm down" rhythmically.

I'm still learning it's quirks though. Sometimes it's a bit quirky and I wish it had a built in internal HPF sidechain filter.. but so far I've been routing Pro-Q2 to the sidechain and experimented.
Clack - love it! Giving the P2 comp a run this evening, thanks fe the tips!

Yes, HP SC would be useful.
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search