The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Exponential audio R4
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Bumping this thread. $29- at Plug In boutique upgrade offer with Excalibur you can get for $10- on Audio Deluxe....

People still loving this? Sounding good here! Favorite presets? Loving the Studios and Halls....
Yeah - got it with Izotope MPS. Quality reverb as it is the guy who was behind much of the Lexicon verbs and then took his years of knowledge and expertise and set up Exponential Audio. Then Izotope swooped in as they lacked a good reverb.

Good how you can very quickly scroll through all the presets using just the up and down arrow keys on your keyboard and left and right arrow keys to change type of reverb etc... Loads of presets as well.
Old 5th August 2020
Quote:
Bumping this thread. $29- at Plug In boutique upgrade offer with Excalibur you can get for $10- on Audio Deluxe....

People still loving this? Sounding good here! Favorite presets? Loving the Studios and Halls....
Yeah, they're lush. I often start with Eric's Long Haul.
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Head

The update also applies to Phoenix Reverb:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/produ...b-or-Excalibur
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

Are there specific Lexicon sounds this totally nails? When it says Vintage I doubt it means old TC Electronic!
Old 9th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
Are there specific Lexicon sounds this totally nails? When it says Vintage I doubt it means old TC Electronic!
It doesn't attempt to hit any specific Lexicon sounds, even if they might unavoidably share some DNA. Michael took what he had learned from his Lexicon days, infused some new ideas, and designed precisely the products he wanted to design. I think it's an advancement beyond the Lexicon plugins. As for Vintage, that reference covers the older less pristine algorithmic sounds. Lexicon's, sure, but no doubt his inspirations were based on several sources.
Old 12th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
It doesn't attempt to hit any specific Lexicon sounds, even if they might unavoidably share some DNA. Michael took what he had learned from his Lexicon days, infused some new ideas, and designed precisely the products he wanted to design. I think it's an advancement beyond the Lexicon plugins. As for Vintage, that reference covers the older less pristine algorithmic sounds. Lexicon's, sure, but no doubt his inspirations were based on several sources.

Your endorsement got me some good reflections now . I spent some time on the PCMs and my ears are fans of Michael's plates, particularly what he considered Vintage even then.

So you figure, even legally it would be assumed his severance with Lexicon probably had a provision stating new stuff can't null with Lexicon stuff. Therefore note to self to run this alongside Lexicon stuff because the reflections shouldn't collide and could be good or not.

To think, several months ago I thought I finally afforded a Michael Carnes reverb with what's in Excalibur (and [email protected] happy with that!), but Nimbus and now R4 gives my denim jeans music a classy silk smoking jacket! No, mink

iZotope has done some favors lately with intuitive marketing, let me just say that . It wouldn't surprise me if they're using AI for marketing too!
Old 13th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
So you figure, even legally it would be assumed his severance with Lexicon probably had a provision stating new stuff can't null with Lexicon stuff. Therefore note to self to run this alongside Lexicon stuff because the reflections shouldn't collide and could be good or not.
I won't speak for him, but I don't think he would have written his new algos to be close enough to his prior creations that they would have even flirted with nulling. PCM verbs still have their place, but, again, the Exponential stuff feels like an evolution. However, running them side-by-side might ignite a small rivalry amongst cousins.

Glad you like them.
Old 26th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

Seems like Excalibur is $149???
Old 26th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by skythemusic View Post
Usually it is. However Izotope who purchased Exponential Audio have been putting those plugins on really reduced sales recently. I think AudioDeluxe stiil has a good crossgrade offer available if you own one of the Exponential Audio plugins.
Old 26th August 2020
Gear Guru
Quote:
May have gone back up.... too bad was at Audio Deluxe...
Old 26th August 2020
Gear Guru
Plug in boutique has a crossgrade for $30 for R4
Old 27th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
May have gone back up.... too bad was at Audio Deluxe...
I got a copy on KVR the bought the R4 crossgrade. They are both exceptional plugs, possibly the best ITB I have heard at what each does.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I got a copy on KVR the bought the R4 crossgrade. They are both exceptional plugs, possibly the best ITB I have heard at what each does.
If using as an insert utilise both the wet/dry knob and also the Trim knob for the reverb.
📝 Reply