The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antelope Debuts new Zen Studio Plus w/Thunderbolt & FX
Old 15th February 2017
Lives for gear

Antelope Debuts new Zen Studio Plus w/Thunderbolt & FX - NOW SHIPPING

Last edited by Clybourne; 14th March 2017 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: adding "Now Shipping"
Old 15th February 2017
Lives for gear

I felt this was coming @marcel lol and here it is Zen Studio+. Looks beautiful

So now I guess need to sell my Zen Studio in order to put my hands on this one or find a dealer would accept an exchange ;-)

By the way @marcel, while you're hear, quick question: I've updated the new Zen STudio Control Panel with the included new Additonal FX (thank you for this) etc.. but one thing I don't understand..my Zen Control Panel Buffer Size option is STUCK in "AUTO" and not able to go Manually with it??? Both Buffer Size and USb Streaming Mode are in Automatic MODE and I can't change them??? Is this normal??

Thanks a bunch and Congrats on revamping Zen Studio to + ;-)

Edit: Hi @marcel, all is fixed. I contacted Antelope support online. They connected via TeamViewer on my computer and the guy did it's magic and fixed the issue. Now all is working like charm.

Still, that Zen Studio+ got me excited and I'm going to contact some Montreal Dealers and see if they'll accept an exchange with a few payments extra.
Do you have an ETA when ZStudio+ will be coming to Canada (montreal)???

Last edited by Solar; 15th February 2017 at 07:12 PM..
Old 16th February 2017
Here for the gear

New Antelope Audio Zen Studio +

Zen Studio+ | Antelope Audio

seems no one noticed so far...?

my question would be, does it have the same preamps and converter like the zen tour / orion studio? and what will be the price in europe? release date?

cheers
Old 16th February 2017
Lives for gear

Old 16th February 2017
Lives for gear

Old 16th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassslut View Post
Zen Studio+ | Antelope Audio

seems no one noticed so far...?

my question would be, does it have the same preamps and converter like the zen tour / orion studio? and what will be the price in europe? release date?

cheers
Same conversion as Orion32+.

Price is 2495 USD, not sure about Europe, but should come to about the same.

Shipping in March.

Btw, the accessories, rack kit and case, are the same as the original Zen Studio.

The concept here is to have options for the guy who wants more inputs then outputs. For more ins, you have Zen Studio+ and it's easier to carry around for tracking gigs. Orion Studio has more outs for things like summing.

Last edited by Clybourne; 16th February 2017 at 02:08 PM..
Old 17th February 2017
Just to be clear, total simultaneous inputs would be 38...... (assuming we are running 44.1 or 48)...
12 mic pre amps, AD
8 D sub, AD
16 Adat, Digital In
2 Spidif, Digital In

Where as the Orion Studio is 30 as it doesn't include the extra 8 on D sub.

Clocking and conversion are the same. But this one is cheaper, wondering why that is.

Thanks!
Old 17th February 2017
One more quick question. Does anyone have experience with the unit's optional rack mount? Specifically in relation to having enough room to access all of the ADAT connections without bending the cables!
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lertman View Post
Just to be clear, total simultaneous inputs would be 38...... (assuming we are running 44.1 or 48)...
12 mic pre amps, AD
8 D sub, AD
16 Adat, Digital In
2 Spidif, Digital In

Where as the Orion Studio is 30 as it doesn't include the extra 8 on D sub.

Clocking and conversion are the same. But this one is cheaper, wondering why that is.

Thanks!
i'm not sure this is correct. the simultaneous input is only 24 due to USB bandwidth issues

not sure if the PLUS has the same issues or not?

thanks
Old 17th February 2017
Yeah, I was hoping that the thunderbolt implementation would solve that or increase it.... Cross fingers.
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Maniac

PC is also Thunderbolt supported, right?
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoughlan View Post
PC is also Thunderbolt supported, right?
Yes it is
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Yes it is
No it isn't. Not on our device yet anyway.
Old 17th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybourne View Post
No it isn't. Not on our device yet anyway.
True, sorry @marcel, I thought he meant if PC computer support Tunderbolt. And i think @dcoughlan was referring if ZenS+ Thunderbolt was PC ready. And you're right. As I read, ZenS+ is Thuderbolt only for MAC right??

While in this Thunderbolt subject, if the new ZenS+ is Thuderbolt for Mac only now, are yu guys planning on being able to make this ZenS+ TB ready in a very near future for Win PC??? Just curious
Old 17th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
True, sorry @marcel, I thought he meant if PC computer support Tunderbolt. And i think @dcoughlan was referring if ZenS+ Thunderbolt was PC ready. And you're right. As I read, ZenS+ is Thuderbolt only for MAC right??

While in this Thunderbolt subject, if the new ZenS+ is Thuderbolt for Mac only now, are yu guys planning on being able to make this ZenS+ TB ready in a very near future for Win PC??? Just curious
I know PCs support Thunderbolt, I've got a port on my PC

A * on the marketing language up top where it says Thunderbolt support (only for Mac) will probably save you guys some grief when this thing ships.

Please let us know if you do have a team working on Thunderbolt PC drivers! USB is a nonstarter for me.
Old 18th February 2017
So what's the full difference between this and the Studio?
Old 18th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
So what's the full difference between this and the Studio?
This has 20 analog inputs and the Orion Studio has 12, although both have 12 mic pres.

Orion Studio has 18 outputs, Zen Studio+ has 10. Another thing that Orion Studio has is the monitor switching.

Other than that, they're pretty much the same. Obviously, Zen more of a portable solution.
Old 18th February 2017
Heb
Gear Maniac
Quote:
This has 20 analog inputs and the Orion Studio has 12, although both have 12 mic pres.

Orion Studio has 18 outputs, Zen Studio+ has 10. Another thing that Orion Studio has is the monitor switching.

Other than that, they're pretty much the same. Obviously, Zen more of a portable solution.
I think he meant the difference between the Zen Studio and the Zen Studio+
Old 18th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb View Post
I think he meant the difference between the Zen Studio and the Zen Studio+
nope, he nailed it. I should have been more specific, but he knows I have an Orion Studio... ;-) Thanks Marcel.

I have 16 inputs because i also have a Focusrite 428 via ADAT. I stopped summing so I don't need any more outputs.

is there a "technical spec" i/e. quality difference? I am darn happy with my Orion Studio.
Old 18th February 2017
Heb
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
nope, he nailed it. I should have been more specific, but he knows I have an Orion Studio... ;-) Thanks Marcel.

I have 16 inputs because i also have a Focusrite 428 via ADAT. I stopped summing so I don't need any more outputs.

is there a "technical spec" i/e. quality difference? I am darn happy with my Orion Studio.
Ah, OK! Sorry for the confusion :p
Old 18th February 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb View Post
Ah, OK! Sorry for the confusion :p
N/P... I wasn't clear.
Old 18th February 2017
Quote:
Same conversion as Orion32+.

Price is 2495 USD, not sure about Europe, but should come to about the same.

Shipping in March.

Btw, the accessories, rack kit and case, are the same as the original Zen Studio.

The concept here is to have options for the guy who wants more inputs then outputs. For more ins, you have Zen Studio+ and it's easier to carry around for tracking gigs. Orion Studio has more outs for things like summing.
What about the monitor D/A converter? Looks like it doesn't have quite the dynamic range of the Orion 32+ there. Are the converters also the same as the old Zen Studio's?
Old 19th February 2017
Gear Head

Zen+

Quote:
I felt this was coming @marcel lol and here it is Zen Studio+. Looks beautiful

So now I guess need to sell my Zen Studio in order to put my hands on this one or find a dealer would accept an exchange ;-)

By the way @marcel, while you're hear, quick question: I've updated the new Zen STudio Control Panel with the included new Additonal FX (thank you for this) etc.. but one thing I don't understand..my Zen Control Panel Buffer Size option is STUCK in "AUTO" and not able to go Manually with it??? Both Buffer Size and USb Streaming Mode are in Automatic MODE and I can't change them??? Is this normal??

Thanks a bunch and Congrats on revamping Zen Studio to + ;-)

Edit: Hi @marcel, all is fixed. I contacted Antelope support online. They connected via TeamViewer on my computer and the guy did it's magic and fixed the issue. Now all is working like charm.

Still, that Zen Studio+ got me excited and I'm going to contact some Montreal Dealers and see if they'll accept an exchange with a few payments extra.
Do you have an ETA when ZStudio+ will be coming to Canada (montreal)???

Hoping for a dealer exchange here as well!!
Old 19th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by merman1983 View Post
Hoping for a dealer exchange here as well!!
As someone once told me here, he told me better try to sell the soundcard by your own as you can get better pricing versus value of the Zen Studio instead from a Dealer. Dealer will cut you off baaaaad. Haven't tried to contact my dealer here yet but I'm sure the best offer they can give me will be 1200$ or top max 1500$ (canadian of course) but I really doubt. It will be 1200$ CAN. And imagine, the new ZenS+ cost 2495$ US = which in canadian will give $3,799.00 CDN. This is at least the Price of the Orion Studio here in Canada. With the exchange value $$$ its insane.

But asgain, maybe dealers in the US have better exchange policies than here in Canada. In Canada its just a rip off (from what i've experienced so far)
Old 20th February 2017
Old 20th February 2017
Lives for gear

Old 2nd March 2017
Lives for gear

Shipping update

Just an update. These are set to begin shipping in about 2 more weeks.
Old 14th March 2017
Here for the gear

I just wanted to chime in to express my excitement for this box. The first time I got to use the original Zen Studio I was blown away, it's hands down one of the coolest interfaces ever- 12 quality mic pres on a portable interface that fits in a backpack is incredible and just perfect for my needs. Aside from a small mixing space, I don't have much of a studio at my house, so I'm always on the move taking clients to other studios or tracking them in their practice spaces- being able to throw the Zen in my backpack and track a whole band with it is so convenient.

It's been awhile since the original one came out, and I have since become to rely on the FPGA effects that were added to the newer thunderbolt interfaces (especially the guitar amps!) so I'm totally stoked there's new hardware that has the form factor and I/O configuration of the ZenStudio, but with the upgraded FPGA to be able to run all the amps, EQs and compressors - I can't wait to get my hands on one!!!
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

Shipping

I just recieved word these are shipping next week!

Just in time for our new Session Presets and new Compressor engine housing more models and instance counts.

What are some compressor models you guys would like to see?
Old 14th March 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

How many compressor instances now?

Obvious choices: something optical, something vari-mu, something vca (bus comp).
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search