The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Antelope Debuts new Zen Studio Plus w/Thunderbolt & FX
Old 22nd May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Antelope Audio View Post
Hi!

I am very sorry that you encountered those issues.

I would like to find a solution to this right away, I'll contact you via a personal message, as I will need your email/phone number to check your cases with our technical support and proceed with the possible solutions from there.
Sam,
I got your PM and responded but haven't heard back. Just wanted to make sure you saw it.
Old 23rd May 2019
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by groselicain View Post
Sam,
I got your PM and responded but haven't heard back. Just wanted to make sure you saw it.
Hi!

I got back to you, let's continue there.
Old 30th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Antelope Audio View Post
Hi!

All of you deserve an explanation as to why these decisions were taken. The Zen Studio+ is an interface that all of us at Antelope love greatly. And the fact that it is now discontinued is backed by a lot of factors that we had to consider.

In order to fix our mistakes, we have to start somewhere. That's how the decision for discontinuing the Zen Studio+ came, to put our work force into new products, new features with which we don't repeat the same pattern was the approach that we chose and as an Antelope employee, seeing everything that's happening at our main HQ every day, I can tell you that we are doing better and better. All of this takes time, we won't magically be mistake-free and do everything right, but we are putting all of our effort towards that.

I understand that you are end users and that isn't something that should reflect on you in any way. I am an end user myself and I walk in your shoes even though I am an employee at the same time. You won't get AFX2DAW, but we never announced it for the Zen Studio+, so I am okay with not getting it (being an end user), since I never expected it for this device by following the information that our company provided. You still get 80% of the whole library of effects that we offer and the new effects were released quite recently, compared to the release date of the product. The latest effects - I get it, it's a bummer that you won't get them, 4 effects, but still pretty cool ones. Cancelling features that are planned late after a product release happens quite often with all hardware/software companies, due to many different reasons (technical difficulties, lack of interest, etc.).

By saying all of that, I want to say that we hear you, we understand you and we are sorry for our past mistakes, we are moving onto a new timeline and we will do things differently. The Zen Studio+ is not dead, it works - we just won't manufacture it anymore.
What's truly baffling about this explanation is that an older interface, one that presumably has the same mistakes built into it is receiving updates and new features while the Zen Studio+ is discontinued.
Old 4 weeks ago
In the event that others stumble across this thread in researching Antelope before purchasing, let me give you an update on where I'm at in trying to get my faulty Zen Studio+ sorted.

User Sam Antelope Audio reached out to me as you can all see, and I genuinely think he was trying to work out a compromise. He offered to have a loaner sent so I wouldn't be unable to work, and made sure that I knew I could contact him at any point if I needed more help. So I contacted Antelope's repair department as per his instructions, only to receive this reply from Hristiyan Ivanov:

Quote:
In order to send you one you will have to deposit the value of the device and pay for the delivery. This is required for out of warranty devices like yours. Antelope Audio provides one year of warranty in the US and your device is 2 years old now. Considering that you have contacted us in March for this case it should be covered by the Sweetwater warranty as they provide one additional year. Anyway, you will still need to deposit the value of the device before we can send it to you. The amount will be later refunded to you once we receive the loaner back in good working condition.
So I'm expected to pay for two units now—one that's never worked correctly, and now for one to replace it temporarily. Yes, I understand how a refundable deposit works, but we're talking about thousands of dollars here. I decide it's just not worth it for such a mess, and if I'm going to spend more money it's going to be on a new interface. So I order a competitor's interface and prepare to ship my Zen Studio+ out.

Panurgy OEM—Antelope's US repair center—contacts me this week via an invoice when I let them know the unit has shipped, and I was simply stunned at what I read.

Quote:
Good Morning, This is for the Antelope Zen Studio Thunderbolt that was sent in for repair. Due to the unit being out of warranty, we have a non-refundable evaluation fee of $65. 00. Please pay this fee to ensure to unit does not remain on our hold rack. Please Note: this fee will be applied as a deposit towards the final invoice. Thank you! Rebecca Kennek
I wouldn't have been terribly upset over the evaluation fee of $65. Granted, it had never been mentioned before, and it's a little ridiculous considering what all is going on here. However, it's that last sentence that gets me upset—"a deposit towards the final invoice." Final invoice? I'm getting charged for this after I've already had two separate Antelope representatives tell me my repair will be covered under warranty? I emailed back and reminded them of my warranty and Sam's messages, but I've heard nothing back.

I've since PMed Sam and likewise gotten no response. I wouldn't normally air my dirty laundry publicly like this, but I've just been so disappointed with Antelope. I've tried every way I can to remain polite and respectful, and the runaround just continues. I sincerely ask that any of the Antelope representatives reading this rectify the situation.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This company is morally bankrupt... which often leads to the the same sentence, minus the word morally.

Thanks to everyone that shares their experience. It has definitely ensured I never spend another penny with them.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search