The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Antelope Debuts new Zen Studio Plus w/Thunderbolt & FX
Old 7th June 2017
Here for the gear

do you have any plans releasing your plugins as VSTs? ir really like them on my zen studio+ but the routing in cubase and the control panel is always a pain for me at least.
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

Any sign that this "Vaporware" is anywhere to be seen? Each day that passes makes me feel that I've been HAD to the tune of $2.5K, just a bunch of hype.
Old 29th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybourne View Post
Thanks for your patience. We're going to QA for Zen Studio+ this week and if all goes well, we should be posting the update with several new HOT compressors next week! 1-2 weeks is the current official ETA.

Tube176
Gyraf Gyratec X
X903
160X
Stay-Levin
ALT-436C

Plus stereo version for all compressors, including the FET76 and up to 32 total instances!

Just wondering if there's an update on this.

Thanks
Old 30th June 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
Just wondering if there's an update on this.

Thanks
I second that motion.
Old 30th June 2017
Lives for gear

I can't even get my Zen+ to show in the control panel any longer on Win 10 and I've jumped through every hoop they got to fix it too. With the lack of promised FPGA effects alongside the other issues it might just be time for it to go back to Sweetwater for a refund.
Old 10th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for your patience. We're going to QA for Zen Studio+ this week and if all goes well, we should be posting the update with several new HOT compressors next week! 1-2 weeks is the current official ETA.

Tube176
Gyraf Gyratec X
X903
160X
Stay-Levin
ALT-436C

Plus stereo version for all compressors, including the FET76 and up to 32 total instances!
OK! It's been a month since you made this statement that it would be a week, so where are they?
Old 11th July 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
OK! It's been a month since you made this statement that it would be a week, so where are they?
You're not forgotten. It's just that we're still working to get this update through QA. It's essential that this major update be stable before it's released. It's not a trivial update and each device differs somewhat.
Old 2nd August 2017
New Compressors Have Arrived!

After a longer than expected wait, Zen Studio+ was updated today to include the new compressor update. You now have several new compressors. Stereo linking. And up to 32 instances of compressors mono, 16 stereo. (breaks down to 16 of feedback style, 16 feed forward style).

Thanks for your patience and your purchase!
Old 2nd August 2017
Quote:
After a longer than expected wait, Zen Studio+ was updated today to include the new compressor update. You now have several new compressors. Stereo linking. And up to 32 instances of compressors mono, 16 stereo. (breaks down to 16 of feedback style, 16 feed forward style).

Just updated firmware, got the 'Reboot your device' message, turned the unit off and back on, and now none of the changes seem to show. When I check for firmware updates, it's showing that I'm on the most recent version. Any ideas?
Old 2nd August 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by groselicain View Post
Just updated firmware, got the 'Reboot your device' message, turned the unit off and back on, and now none of the changes seem to show. When I check for firmware updates, it's showing that I'm on the most recent version. Any ideas?
Did you start from the Launcher? The original application from our website that looks for the latest control panel?
Old 2nd August 2017
Quote:
Did you start from the Launcher? The original application from our website that looks for the latest control panel?
Doing it now. Thanks Marcel.
Old 3rd August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Nice, super excited to try these out.
Old 14th August 2017
Gear Nut
I saw a promo for Zen Studio+ with a decreased price.

See here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...rbolt_usb.html

Any idea if this will be also valid for other dealers? And if yes (I hope it will be) I wonder when!
Old 14th August 2017
Sounds good! It's unfair to have it only for B&H! I am a sweetwater customer & hope they will get the promo soon.
Old 14th August 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProGearLover View Post
Sounds good! It's unfair to have it only for B&H! I am a sweetwater customer & hope they will get the promo soon.
All dealers will have the promo. Sweetwater will be posting it soon.

Thanks,
Marcel
Old 17th August 2017
Here for the gear

So aside from thunderbolt what is the difference between this and the original zen?

Just wondering as I can get the original for about 50% of the price compared to the new model.

Thanks
Old 17th August 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crubbish View Post
So aside from thunderbolt what is the difference between this and the original zen?

Just wondering as I can get the original for about 50% of the price compared to the new model.

Thanks
The other big difference is that the new unit includes the full complement of AFX, which has become a big story for Antelope interfaces. It also has Talkback and Reamp outputs.
Old 18th August 2017
SMT-100A Compressor Video With Example

Old 22nd August 2017
I updated and I couldn’t record without a bunch of pops and distortion that sounded like word clock error even though I was clocked internally. I went back to the old firmware and everything is fine. No new compressors yet for me I guess.
Old 22nd August 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelthemusician View Post
I updated and I couldn’t record without a bunch of pops and distortion that sounded like word clock error even though I was clocked internally. I went back to the old firmware and everything is fine. No new compressors yet for me I guess.
Please send me your contact info via PM. I'll get you some assistance.
Old 25th August 2017
FET-A78 Compressor Video With Example

Old 26th August 2017
How to use FPGA for clean make up gain

Old 8th September 2017
Here for the gear

I am dedicated to find out whats going on with Zen family Anyone has any idea what this is about: Where's the Zen? | Antelope Audio - looks so cool
Old 19th September 2017
Here for the gear

@ Clybourne , I had the same problem that Noelthemusician had. Im a PC/USB user. I already contacted antelope support, did clean installs of everything. and they sent me an older firmware version which resolved the issue, but means I don't get access to the sweet new effects. Any idea when an updared firmware update/patch will be rolling out?
Old 13th November 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxophonejunkie View Post
@ Clybourne , I had the same problem that Noelthemusician had. Im a PC/USB user. I already contacted antelope support, did clean installs of everything. and they sent me an older firmware version which resolved the issue, but means I don't get access to the sweet new effects. Any idea when an updared firmware update/patch will be rolling out?
We released a new Firmware on 25Oct , which address the issue with noise in your DAW.
Did oyu tried to update to the latest FW, followed with Device Reset?

Alex
Old 21st November 2017
Gear Head

Just ordered one - question

HI fellow Zenstudio plus peeps

I just ordered one, and will be making use of the line-inputs for my slate VMS mics (x2). The line outs are either trs or xlr.

My question is, for the dsub line in connector on the back, am I better off getting an xlr or a trs dsub cable for anything that might arise. For example, I imagine most keyboards would be trs line outs, but many mic pres (or comps etc) are xlr.

What's the best "all situation" situation? suppose I could get xlr and a handful of adaptors that will convert trs to xlr?

Thanks
Old 21st November 2017
Here for the gear

Hi all, is there a way to rack mount the Zen Studio + in a single rack space ?

thanks!
M.
Old 22nd November 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVee View Post
Hi all, is there a way to rack mount the Zen Studio + in a single rack space ?

thanks!
M.
There is a 2 rack space kit. This unit was designed primarily for mobile use, so it would be too hot inside one space.

But, the Z-Rack kit allows for the unit to be easily removed and taken to a gig.
Old 28th November 2017
Gear Nut

Any Zen Studio+ users (windows preferably) out there who have feedback about their experience with the unit? Sound quality? Thoughts about the quality of the plugins?
Old 2nd December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succulence View Post
Any Zen Studio+ users (windows preferably) out there who have feedback about their experience with the unit? Sound quality? Thoughts about the quality of the plugins?
I'm on a mac and haven't had tons of time to use mine, but I've had a unit for the last six months or so and have been happy with it so far. I'm not a professional, but it does sound appreciably better through both my Spendor monitors and various headphones than my last sound card which was an M-Audio Profire 2626. I also love how many inputs and outputs are available with this unit. I've only just started to get into the AFX plugins, but so far I've been impressed. I haven't used a ton of other plugins to compare these to, but I have been messing around with recording for over twenty years and have made a couple of records in professional studios and the AFX plugins sound good to me and I plan on tracking through them. It's also pretty easy to set it up so that you can record a dry signal and one that goes through the plugins. The routing is a bit of a beast to understand at first, but it's really powerful and pretty cool once you get the hang of it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search