The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Volko Audio Releases A New API 500 Series Named Q American Series
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Head

Software Volko Audio Releases A New API 500 Series Named Q American Series

Volko Audio digitally recreates the sounds of the legendary API 500 series with the name Q American Series.

The three Q series plug-ins are a perfect combination of high-quality sound and modern user interface.

QA, QB and QG compliment each other, eliminate phase and artifact problems that arise when linking together different plug-ins. Their uniquely sleek interface is intuitive, user-friendly and easy on the eyes letting you work tirelessly for hours.

Plug-ins are highly optimized to keep your CPU under low stress, while still maintaining top quality sound output. As a result there’s nothing left to you but to fall in love with it.

Check it out!
Old 24th January 2017
Gear Head

Hi guys,

As Volko Audio, we want to have reviews from users for our new products, Q American Series.

So we're ready to offer our products for free to a limited number of users. You don't have to be an API 500 series user to get the product and write a review. If you are interested in exploring these products and writing a review, that's ok for us.

You may publish it on your blog, here on Gearslutz or any other related site. Please reach me via PM.
Old 25th January 2017
Lives for gear

This any good
Old 26th January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
This any good
These plugins are definitely worth a try. I'm only trying the 550a and I am really really impressed so far. Without engaging the eq, it has this clear natural upper mid openness with a touch of warmth and thickness which I found doesn't get in the way but rather meshes with the audio. Just passing audio through adds that sweetness.

As far as the equalizer, two things to try.

Grab the high band on shelf or peak and boost to max and sweep the upper frequencies. I think you will find that with this equalizer you could easily get carried away because it doesn't get sharp or piercing. Seriously...this is where some plugins fall flat on their face.

Next, try boosting 200 on vocals. A lot of equalizers would get muddy, but this equalizer like its hardware counterpart just warms up the vocal and adds some density and thickness. Really well done.

On top of that, it doesn't have the 2 db restrictions of the hardware which some people may complain about when working with the Api modules, either too much or too little. You can really dial in just what's needed. The meters react nicely with audio, meaning that just by using my ears and watching the input/output meters I can shape the audio without bypassing back and forth which is cool but relies on good metering. And then there is the bypass test... which I'll leave you to decide which will ultimately be the deciding factor whether you purchase it or not.

Honestly this plugin highlights what console equalizers are all about and can foresee this becoming a workhorse equalizer. It may not work for every task obviously. I would use this to generally shape the mix and if more equalization is needed I'll look elsewhere. I give it the nod ahead of UAD and Waves particularly for my needs.

I seem to be the only one trying it out but I hope others will chime in soon.
Old 26th January 2017
Gear Nut
i´ve been demoing it a few days and all i can say is this bundle sounds great. smooth and warm
as well as can be agressive but still in pleasant way. generally instruments are beautifully glued.
I guess, it aren´t radical tools, but brings something special into your tracks anyway.
I felt in love with 550b, 560 can works nicely in middle range.
moreover cpu is low which always helps. only thing i have reservation is a high price.
speaking of this I would appreciate an introductory price for limited time.

Last edited by kolib; 27th January 2017 at 03:44 PM..
Old 26th January 2017
Gear Addict

yes, these are fantastic after 10 minutes with them! I'd also be interested if there was still an intro price...
Old 26th January 2017
Lives for gear

550B Hi band doesnt recall settings in ProTools Mac
Old 27th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
550B Hi band doesnt recall settings in ProTools Mac
Thank you Goshalev, We'll investigate this shortly.
Old 27th January 2017
Gear Head

Guys, thank you very much for your interest. We reached the limit of our reserved licenses for the reviews in Gearslutz.

We're considering to offer an introduction price soon. We've received some requests privately, via emails and threads. So hang on for that!
Old 30th January 2017
Gear Head

Hi All,

Special Introductory Price for Q American Series for one week.

Always intending to offer the best for users, both in terms of quality and opportunity, Volko Audio, upon strong request from users, now offers a very special introductory price for the new plug-in bundle, Q American Series.
Don't miss it. Check it out now!

Q American Series
Old 31st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
These plugins are definitely worth a try. I'm only trying the 550a and I am really really impressed so far. Without engaging the eq, it has this clear natural upper mid openness with a touch of warmth and thickness which I found doesn't get in the way but rather meshes with the audio. Just passing audio through adds that sweetness.

As far as the equalizer, two things to try.

Grab the high band on shelf or peak and boost to max and sweep the upper frequencies. I think you will find that with this equalizer you could easily get carried away because it doesn't get sharp or piercing. Seriously...this is where some plugins fall flat on their face.

Next, try boosting 200 on vocals. A lot of equalizers would get muddy, but this equalizer like its hardware counterpart just warms up the vocal and adds some density and thickness. Really well done.

On top of that, it doesn't have the 2 db restrictions of the hardware which some people may complain about when working with the Api modules, either too much or too little. You can really dial in just what's needed. The meters react nicely with audio, meaning that just by using my ears and watching the input/output meters I can shape the audio without bypassing back and forth which is cool but relies on good metering. And then there is the bypass test... which I'll leave you to decide which will ultimately be the deciding factor whether you purchase it or not.

Honestly this plugin highlights what console equalizers are all about and can foresee this becoming a workhorse equalizer. It may not work for every task obviously. I would use this to generally shape the mix and if more equalization is needed I'll look elsewhere. I give it the nod ahead of UAD and Waves particularly for my needs.

I seem to be the only one trying it out but I hope others will chime in soon.
Thanks will give a try here soon. I have been over seas I will demo and report back in have some APIs I can shoot this out against.
Old 3rd February 2017
Lives for gear

Any other people give this a test drive?
Old 3rd February 2017
Lives for gear

I cant even demo in real project because Hi band switch in QB still doesnt work
Old 3rd February 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Thanks will give a try here soon. I have been over seas I will demo and report back in have some APIs I can shoot this out against.
Hey Trevon, did you get a chance to give these a try?
Old 4th February 2017
Lives for gear

I'm out of location for a couple while won't be able to get into the studio for about a month more excited to test, but would like more opinions.
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkanozyilmaz View Post
Hi Special Introductory Price for Q American Series for one week.

Always intending to offer the best for users, both in terms of quality and opportunity, Volko Audio, upon strong request from users, now offers a very special introductory price for the new plug-in bundle, Q American Series.
Don't miss it.
Exactly when does the introductory price end? I might not get a chance to try these plug-ins until tomorrow.
Old 5th February 2017
Gear Nut
i read somewhere until feb 7th.
i´ve tried so far against soneq, api from waves and pink and prefered volko.
i am gonna try it properly tommorow, i am curious compare it to axis.

thoughts?
Old 5th February 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamy Williams View Post
Exactly when does the introductory price end? I might not get a chance to try these plug-ins until tomorrow.
Hi Steamy,

I was about to write here that. The offer is open until Tomorrow 12 midnight pacific time.

Thanks to all Gearslutz community. We're very happy to see your interest in Q American Series.
Old 5th February 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolib View Post
i read somewhere until feb 7th.
i´ve tried so far against soneq, api from waves and pink and prefered volko.
i am gonna try it properly tommorow, i am curious compare it to axis.

thoughts?
I compared with Axis and they're a similar quality.

The bypass buttons don't work for me. Band bypass works ok.
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear
Was going to write that Axis is definitely darker and a bit more versatile since it includes the UBK and B versions. QA is cleaner and more open and imo more appropriate on more material.
Old 9th February 2017
Gear Maniac

I missed it, but this plugin is wonderful. Especially low bass is top class among past plugins. I liked it overwhelmingly than other API simulations. Congrats!
Old 9th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Just was the intro price over, omg! Intro is short for a week ... .... But it is a quality that is suitable for regular price
Old 10th February 2017
Lives for gear

Ahh I'm just getting to this thread that price is steep I'll pass wish I would've caught the intro price sheesh that's a short time to have one 2 weeks
Old 20th February 2017
Lives for gear

Any sales planned for this in future?
Old 20th February 2017
Lives for gear

Here comes the entitled brigade. Any of you guys want to come cut my lawn for free or super cheap?
Old 21st February 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Any sales planned for this in future?
I'm sorry to let you know that there are no sale plans for the near future.
Old 2nd March 2017
Gear Head

Hi Guys,

We've updated Q American Series to 1.1.0.

- You now can scale the plugin's window.
- Main power button (bypass) was implemented.
- AU re-scan problem has been solved.
- Some small parameter and settings issues have been fixed.
Old 2nd March 2017
Gear Head

We have a good video review for Q American Series, please check it out!

Old 4th March 2017
Lives for gear

I finally made it home tonight. shot these out against my APIs they held up. Low end was pretty close these are a bit cleaner then my hardware but the curves are dead on. Didn't get harsh at extreme settings. Never liked any other API emulations but this is truly great.
Old 4th March 2017
Gear Addict

Yes, I tested the Qb against Alexb A5M (api 5500 for Nebula) and the result was the same . Hard To tell them apart, maybe alexb's sampled Api felt slightly 'drier' (whatever that means).

You can actually boost with these!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search