The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Barefoot Sound Introduces Footprint01 Speaker at Winter NAMM
Old 18th January 2017
News Desk Editor

Barefoot Sound Introduces Footprint01 Speaker at Winter NAMM

Barefoot Sound Introduces Footprint01 Speaker at Winter NAMM-barefoot-footprint01_400px.jpg

Barefoot Sound, the Portland audio powerhouse, is introducing the Footprint01 (tm) speaker at Winter NAMM. The new powered nearfield monitor delivers the company's renowned audio performance and build quality to engineers, producers, composers and musicians working in smaller spaces and with smaller budgets.

Barefoot's new line launches with the Footprint01(tm), an active 3-way speaker that shares the same Thomas Barefoot signature Dual-Force(tm) technology as the company's popular MicroMain and MasterStack monitor lines: opposing sub woofers, dual ring radiator tweeter and Multi-Emphasis Monitor Emulation(tm) technology.

The Footprint01 2-way DSP crossover feeds dual amp modules that drive the subwoofers with 500W of power and deliver 150W to the mid- and high-frequency drivers. The midrange woofer is positioned above the tweeter in a distinctive speaker geometry that creates acoustic focus in the center of the cabinet.

As with every Barefoot monitor, Footprint01 allows the user to preview any mix as it would sound through alternate reference speakers by emulating the frequency, phase, transient response, dynamic compression and distortion characteristics of a variety of classic studio monitors.

Barefoot's revolutionary speaker design provides audio professionals with exemplary sound quality, wide dynamic range and bass extension at every stage of the audio production process. The new Footprint01 is the Barefoot response to evolving modern workflows by making the company's ultra-high performance technologies available to audio professionals working in home-based facilities, smaller writing, editing or post production rooms, or on the road.

Learn more and watch Footprint01 video here: Barefoot Sound » Footprint01

Experience Footprint01 at Winter NAMM Booth #6820A
Attached Thumbnails
Barefoot Sound Introduces Footprint01 Speaker at Winter NAMM-barefoot-footprint01_400px.jpg  
Old 18th January 2017
Here for the gear
New Barefoot Speakers

These look really interesting!
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Head

Nice Direction for Barefoot

I just recently purchased a pair of Barefoot MM45's for my home studio, and they are absolutely amazing and a huge step up from my Focal Solo 6's that I had been mixing on for years. As part of the decision to purchase the MM45's, I also had the MM35's (dual opposing subs, with 2 way fronts). The low end authority of the dual opposing subs was really great, but I actually preferred the sonic footprint of the MM45's over the 35's.

I think with these new Footprint models, they are going to really hit the right product at the right price to enable a lot more people to hear the Barefoot difference. Loving my MM45's and the customer service & technical guidance from the folks at Barefoot has been 2nd to none....a great group there!

Best wishes for much success with this launch!
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Whoaaaa these have my attention. Especially at that price point.
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Addict

Is $3495 per speaker or pair?
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac

I'm hopefully assuming pair. Otherwise that doesn't really make them "more affordable" speakers compared to some of their other offerings.
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

It's per pair.
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

That has to be for the pair. Holy crap this is exciting!
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Addict
I couldn't get past the mispronunciation of woofer in the video. Not funny, Tom.
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnareBuzz View Post
I just recently purchased a pair of Barefoot MM45's for my home studio, and they are absolutely amazing and a huge step up from my Focal Solo 6's that I had been mixing on for years. As part of the decision to purchase the MM45's, I also had the MM35's (dual opposing subs, with 2 way fronts). The low end authority of the dual opposing subs was really great, but I actually preferred the sonic footprint of the MM45's over the 35's.

I think with these new Footprint models, they are going to really hit the right product at the right price to enable a lot more people to hear the Barefoot difference. Loving my MM45's and the customer service & technical guidance from the folks at Barefoot has been 2nd to none....a great group there!

I love my MM45's as well, these do look great though. I highly recommend the Barefoots if they fit your price range. If these are anything near the MM45's or other offerings, alot of folks are going to be very happy.
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Addict

Forever out of my price range but lust worthy! & if they make my hair look that good....
Old 18th January 2017
Right at $3500 new puts them under Focal Twins and ProAc combos (depending on your amp choice) and right at the Amphion One15. Very good move for the market. I'm certainly interested.

I'll be watching the reviews on these!
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Yes, the new Footprint 01 is 3,495 per pair.
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear
Daaaaaamn. want.
Old 18th January 2017
OMFG!!! MM35s are one of the best speakers I have ever heard and worked with, but still haven't found a reason to spend 10k€ in a pair of nearfields, and MM45s does not make me feel the same. Maybe these little could be the culprit!
Old 18th January 2017
7+1
Lives for gear

Mom Jeans.........
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

how low can they get?
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
how low can they get?
Down to 36hz looks like. That's right there with kh310s.
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

You can go barefoot surround at a respectable price now.
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:

Almost year ago I purchased MM45s too, and I could not be happier. The only thing that bothers me is why MM45 is the only one in line without MEME technology!?
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solic View Post
Almost year ago I purchased MM45s too, and I could not be happier. The only thing that bothers me is why MM45 is the only one in line without MEME technology!?
When making the decision to purchase the MM45's, the lovely folks at Vintage King allowed me the opportunity to do a head to head with the MM35's which in fact do have the MEME technology within them. Naturally, I was curious what the MEME technology did to the sound of the MM35's. I understand what they're trying to do by emulating different monitors or monitoring situations, but in all honesty, I've learned that my MM45's actually translate very well across most any situation. I've found that I don't NEED to emulate other monitoring setups other than flat to develop mixes that translate and honestly, I think that's the beauty of my experience with my Barefoot MM45's.

Simply put, when a mix sounds good in my room, I'm confident it will sound good in the car, on an ipod, etc. etc. Between my MM45's and a few listens on headphones/etc., I haven't found the need for MEME technology/etc. I'm not saying it's not a cool feature, but I'm simply saying when mixes translate, there's really no need to check them in simulated environments....just my 2cents.

Love my Barefoots & the way their staff have treated me! Great people..Great monitors!
Ron
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Was hoping to upgrade my monitoring by the end of this year for my little project setup, and these are now on the radar for demoing!
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac

I just (read, last week!) got the mm45's in my room. Looking at these new ones, i don't see selectable EQ curves, but is that something you get with the MEME technology?
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
When making the decision to purchase the MM45's, the lovely folks at Vintage King allowed me the opportunity to do a head to head with the MM35's which in fact do have the MEME technology within them. Naturally, I was curious what the MEME technology did to the sound of the MM35's. I understand what they're trying to do by emulating different monitors or monitoring situations, but in all honesty, I've learned that my MM45's actually translate very well across most any situation. I've found that I don't NEED to emulate other monitoring setups other than flat to develop mixes that translate and honestly, I think that's the beauty of my experience with my Barefoot MM45's.

Simply put, when a mix sounds good in my room, I'm confident it will sound good in the car, on an ipod, etc. etc. Between my MM45's and a few listens on headphones/etc., I haven't found the need for MEME technology/etc. I'm not saying it's not a cool feature, but I'm simply saying when mixes translate, there's really no need to check them in simulated environments....just my 2cents.

Love my Barefoots & the way their staff have treated me! Great people..Great monitors!
Ron
Thanks, that makes me feel better When I purchased my MM45 I had no place in NYC to go and listen to them. I have never ever seen in my life any other Barefoot monitor in person. I bought MM45 because I always wanted to have Barefoot monitors (they look so cool) and MM45 were the most affordable at the time.

I completely agree with your statement that MM45 translates extremely well. Hopefully this year, I will complement my MM45 with Crane Song Avocet.

Cheers

Vlad
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Ron
I was seriously considering MM45's, and that it didn't have the MEME technology wasn't necessarily a dissuasive factor.

Now that these are released, they might be more suitable for me, and I do see they've included the MEME technology, which is all the better, as I can't see how it wouldn't be useful to some extent.

It seems that it's an oversight on Barefoot's part that the MM45's doesn't have it. I initially thought it was a marketing decision on their part, to leave out features on lower bracketed models to incentive-ize potential customers to the higher priced ones, and not necessarily shoot the whole wad if you will on lower priced units...now that these new Footprints have the MEME technology, it shoots that theory out of the water.

I would like to listen to the 45's and the new Footprints side by side, and if the 45's blows it away, I'd probably be disappointed that it didn't have the MEME.
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Always difficult bringing in a new bottom of the line. If they sound too good, then the 45's and 35's will seem too expensive!
Old 18th January 2017
Tweeter looks very much like this one:

Peerless XT25SC90-04
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tone View Post
I was seriously considering MM45's, and that it didn't have the MEME technology wasn't necessarily a dissuasive factor.

Now that these are released, they might be more suitable for me, and I do see they've included the MEME technology, which is all the better, as I can't see how it wouldn't be useful to some extent.

It seems that it's an oversight on Barefoot's part that the MM45's doesn't have it. I initially thought it was a marketing decision on their part, to leave out features on lower bracketed models to incentive-ize potential customers to the higher priced ones, and not necessarily shoot the whole wad if you will on lower priced units...now that these new Footprints have the MEME technology, it shoots that theory out of the water.

I would like to listen to the 45's and the new Footprints side by side, and if the 45's blows it away, I'd probably be disappointed that it didn't have the MEME.
Same exact situation as myself. I have been looking and looking at different price points but these (on paper) seem to be everything Ive been looking for, lets see
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac

So, these FootPrint01's have:

Dual 8" woofer (paper cone)
4" aluminum mid
MEME
35Hz-45kHz
Crossover freq: 250/3600Hz

While the MicroMain45's have:

Single 8" woofer (aluminum cone, more excursion)
2 x 2.5" aluminum mid's
No MEME, but selectable EQ curves on back
40Hz-45kHz (+/-3db)
Crossover Freq: 600/2500Hz

I'm just putting up some spec differences - would love to get the impressions from someone at the show...
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Addict

just found this
https://youtu.be/bkPhSHsI9qo
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search