The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Antelope Announces Orion32 HD with digiport & USB3
Old 3rd June 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I recently updated from Sierra to Mojave and also installed the newest version of the Antelope Launcher.

The loop sync options have now disappeared from the control panel. Does anyone know what happened and why ?

Before I had set the Orion as Loop Sync Master and the Clock Source to USB. This way the clock could automatically switch to the correct sample rate when using HDX and USB. Now this doesn't work correctly anymore and I have distorted Audio when switching between Protools (via HDX) and USB Playback in the browser for example.

EDIT: found the loop sync settings now in the HDX tab. Somehow still not working as before. Have to investigate further...

So the exact issue I'm having :
Pro Tools project @ 44.1k via HDX and playing back a 48k file in finder/itunes/youtube.
Before the Orion would switch it's clock (it should be the master) from 44.1k to 48k when I switch from PT to the core audio application. This always worked as long as I didn't play both sources at the same time.
Now the clock stays at the clock setting of the Pro Tools project. Interestingly the finder file does play correctly tempo and pitch wise, but there is audio crackling until I stop the playback and resume.

EDIT2: found a solution that works more or less. I had to downgrade the Unified driver from version 3.33.00 to 3.30.00 to solve the crackling audio issue. Set the clock source to HDX in the control settings. When I switch to finder/youtube etc.. the clock source automatically changes to USB and is set to the sampling rate fixed in the Audio/Midi Setup. So all files played will be up/down-sampled during playback automatically. In some cases the Core Audio sample rate changed automatically depending on the sample rate of the playback file, but I couldn't reliably repeat that. I'm not sure if this behaviour was also present in Sierra and if Mojave introduced some changes in Core Audio. (Running Mojave 10.14.6)

What I learned from this: NEVER UPDATE ANTELOPE DRIVERS AGAIN IF EVERYTHING WORKS !
Attached Thumbnails
Antelope Announces Orion32 HD with digiport & USB3-orion32_missing_loop_sync.jpg  

Last edited by kosty; 3rd June 2020 at 04:05 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosty View Post
Running on Sierra with HDX via digilink without issues.
I have also connected it via USB3 for playback of youtube/spotify/itunes etc.. but I have no experience with using it with any DAW via USB.

I don‘t use the FPGA nor the mixer, so can‘t comment on that.
So you can use this interface as a drop in replacement for an HD Interface without utilizing the mixer or FPGA?

This is a question I’ve always been longing to get an answer to as I’m not interested in the FPGA plugins or wasting time with the mixer

Last edited by DeVille; 3 weeks ago at 03:10 AM..
📝 Reply