The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antelope Announces Orion32 HD with digiport & USB3 Audio Interfaces
Old 14th January 2019
  #571
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by raal View Post
I have an Orion Studio HD that gave us problems at the beginning (spring 2018). After that, no issues. Have used it both natively and with HDX.
Thanks, good to know.
Old 14th January 2019
  #572
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by organicsounds View Post
I'm running Pro tools Ultimate HD and have an Avid Native card. I'm waiting on my order of an Orion 32HD to arrive and would like some clarity on some questions in advance of it's arrival.

1) is one digi-link cable all that's required for complete operation or are 2 required for 32 I/O?
We have the Orion Studio HD, but i assume the 32HD is similar. Only one cable is needed.

Quote:
2) Which would be the best source for clock and what would be the connectivity of this source.
We have a Grimm Clock and have tried it with Antelope's 10MX as well. The unit sounds good on its own clock but sounds better with the other two.

Quote:
3) If the source is the Antelope Orion 32HD, can pro tools sync/lock to Orion 32HD through the digital-link.
Yes, if using USB, no need for digilink.

Quote:
4) I don't have USB 3. Can I still download and install software and firmware updates and install through USB 2?
Don't know.
Old 14th January 2019
  #573
Don't ask me. It's wrecked my OS/PT with Fatal errors. I'm halfway through mixing a project.
Old 14th January 2019
  #574
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Don't ask me. It's wrecked my OS/PT with Fatal errors. I'm halfway through mixing a project.
Hello Paul_G,

I have send you a PM and hopefully we will find the best solution for you as soon as i have some additional information.

Best Regards,
Alex
Old 14th January 2019
  #575
Gear Maniac
[QUOTE=organicsounds;13737112]I'm running Pro tools Ultimate HD and have an Avid Native card. I'm waiting on my order of an Orion 32HD to arrive and would like some clarity on some questions in advance of it's arrival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicsounds View Post
1) is one digi-link cable all that's required for complete operation or are 2 required for 32 I/O?
One will be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicsounds View Post
2) Which would be the best source for clock and what would be the connectivity of this source.
The best Clock source will be O32HD internal Oven Clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicsounds View Post
3) If the source is the Antelope Orion 32HD, can pro tools sync/lock to Orion 32HD through the digital-link.
Yes absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicsounds View Post
4) I don't have USB 3. Can I still download and install software and firmware updates and install through USB 2?
Yes, You can use your USB 2.0 Port only for Software Controlling and Updates.

Best Regards,
Alex
Old 14th January 2019
  #576
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiliev83 View Post
Hello Paul_G,

I have send you a PM and hopefully we will find the best solution for you as soon as i have some additional information.

Best Regards,
Alex
Thanks but I'm gonna go with Lynx now for my multitrack I believe.

The 32HD has introduced too many problems into my workflow.
Old 15th January 2019
  #577
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Thanks but I'm gonna go with Lynx now for my multitrack I believe.

The 32HD has introduced too many problems into my workflow.
Hello Paul_G,

Unfortunately I couldn't exactly understand what kind of problems have you experienced with your O32HD. Can you be more specific, because from the support logs it seems that you have only registration difficulties which seems to be fixed with remote session.

Best Regards,
Alex
Old 15th January 2019
  #578
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiliev83 View Post
Hello Paul_G,

Unfortunately I couldn't exactly understand what kind of problems have you experienced with your O32HD. Can you be more specific, because from the support logs it seems that you have only registration difficulties which seems to be fixed with remote session.

Best Regards,
Alex
Please stop trolling me.
Old 15th January 2019
  #579
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Please stop trolling me.
Dear Paul_G,

I am really trying to help you in your situation and as you can see from all of my previous comments I am not trolling anyone. I am just trying to reach/help each AA Customers with existing problems.

Alex
Old 15th January 2019
  #580
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiliev83 View Post
Dear Paul_G,

I am really trying to help you in your situation and as you can see from all of my previous comments I am not trolling anyone. I am just trying to reach/help each AA Customers with existing problems.

Alex
If you wanted to help us you would make your gear compatible with protools (you may have heard of it) instead of just using digilinks.

You've just lost over £10k in sales because your units don't work as they should.

Now I'm wrestling with Pure 2 with no joy. So, that'll be going back too.
Old 16th January 2019
  #581
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
If you wanted to help us you would make your gear compatible with protools (you may have heard of it) instead of just using digilinks.

You've just lost over £10k in sales because your units don't work as they should.

Now I'm wrestling with Pure 2 with no joy. So, that'll be going back too.
Dear Paul_G,

As I already mentioned we never heard anything from your side except one phone interaction , where it seems that you need some assistance with your device registration.

I strongly advise you to contact our Technical support if you have any problems between your device and Pro tools. All of our devices are Pro Tools Compatible!

Alex
Old 16th January 2019
  #582
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiliev83 View Post
Dear Paul_G,
All of our devices are Pro Tools Compatible!

Alex
God knows how. Why they don't just slave to HDX I don't know. They don't run together. If they run with Pro Tools why don't you have more video evidence.

I spoke to your tech support about 5 times and they admitted they use Ableton and don't know much about Pro Tools so please come clean.
Old 16th January 2019
  #583
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
God knows how. Why they don't just slave to HDX I don't know. They don't run together. If they run with Pro Tools why don't you have more video evidence.

I spoke to your tech support about 5 times and they admitted they use Ableton and don't know much about Pro Tools so please come clean.
Dear Paul_G,

As I already replied to you a couple of times, you have only one phone Call Interaction with our Tech support team. This is regarding activation assistance that you required from our side.

There are thousands of customers using our HDX Interfaces with PT without any issues.

If you need any assistance in order to set up your device, feel free to contact our Support team. We now have 20 Hours Phone Support!

Best regards,
Alex
Old 17th January 2019
  #584
Gear Maniac
 
Antelope Audio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
<Deleted by Mod>
Dear Paul_G,

Please keep the conversation civil and polite. Antelope Audio does not tolerate abuse, profanity, threats or spam!


Kind regards,
Antelope Audio

Last edited by Synth Guru; 2nd February 2019 at 05:55 PM.. Reason: Abusive
Old 24th January 2019
  #585
I have had more success with the original Orion 32 avec USB 2 with Pro Tools HDX than the 32HD. It well serves as an emergency converter.
Also the Pure 2 sounds really lovely, with that and the Burl to choose from it's a breeze.
Old 6th February 2019
  #586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
Thanks but I'm gonna go with Lynx now for my multitrack I believe.

The 32HD has introduced too many problems into my workflow.
Paul is totally right, orion 32hd is a calamity!! too many problems, and no support! customer service is a joke.
Don't believe I got screwed like that, 3500€, ouchhhhh
Old 6th February 2019
  #587
Gear Maniac
 
Antelope Audio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynth View Post
Paul is totally right, orion 32hd is a calamity!! too many problems, and no support! customer service is a joke.
Don't believe I got screwed like that, 3500€, ouchhhhh
Hello Biosynth,

Can you please send us your ticket number on a private message so we can check your case?

Thanks!
Old 6th February 2019
  #588
Old 6th February 2019
  #589
Gear Maniac
 
Antelope Audio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynth View Post
done
Hello again Biosynth!

We checked your case internally and found out that our customer support team solved your issue last time quickly through a remote session.




We can see that you have left a message to them again today. Our engineers will contact you ASAP, possibly even long before the 24-hour response period expires.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you need anything else.

Cheers!
Old 6th February 2019
  #590
But this intervention didn't solved my problem, like others interventions before.

We had a remonte session this afternoon (with a cool guy) , hope it is the good and last one.
Old 7th February 2019
  #591
Gear Maniac
 
Antelope Audio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynth View Post
But this intervention didn't solved my problem, like others interventions before.

We had a remonte session this afternoon (with a cool guy) , hope it is the good and last one.
Well, that's confusing since screen shot says different...
Anyway, yes, we also believe our tech support team is cool Please make sure you turn to them if needed.

Have a good day!

Cheers!
Old 7th February 2019
  #592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antelope Audio View Post
Well, that's confusing since screen shot says different...
it’s not written that it worked. And it didn’t work.
Well, what are you thinking? That I do bad communication for pleasure? I’d love to say good things about your business, but it’s terrible for now.
Yesterday remote session didn’t work as well.

Last edited by Biosynth; 7th February 2019 at 03:31 PM..
Old 7th February 2019
  #593
Gear Maniac
 
Antelope Audio's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynth View Post
it’s not written that it worked. And it didn’t work.
Well, what are you thinking? That I do bad communication for pleasure? I’d love to say good things about your business, but it’s terrible for now.
Yesterday remote session didn’t work as well.
We do understand and we are working on a solution. Our colleagues will be in touch with you.

Kind regards.
Old 12th February 2019
  #594
I'm sorry to hear about some users issues. I can say that i'm completely happy with the operation with my PT system through HDX. I originally purchased the Orion 32HD for the purpose of adding an additional 8 H/W inserts for my outboard gear (I already had 8 H/W inserts + 16 record ins). What I didn't expect was the great difference in quality of the clock in conjunction with the converters over my 192 interfaces. Night and day! I really wasn't interested in the FX but I'm impressed, really impressed after using them. Great product Antelope.

Admittedly your manual is lacking and it would serve you well to give in-depth examples of different setups and "how to" scenarios for recording, playback and inserts. I did spend 2 days trying to figure out the unit as it wasn't intuitive and I can see where some may become frustrated. Once I did figure it out it rocked.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #595
Gear Head
 
joejoebasso's Avatar
 

I have an HD Native card and I do not run ProTools anymore. I am thinking about getting an Antelope HD interface.

I track in a project studio - rarely two instruments at a time. All work is composing and mixing.

What would I gain by using my HD Native card instead of USB3?

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
  #596
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoebasso View Post
I have an HD Native card and I do not run ProTools anymore. I am thinking about getting an Antelope HD interface.

I track in a project studio - rarely two instruments at a time. All work is composing and mixing.

What would I gain by using my HD Native card instead of USB3?

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks
More tracks (if you had another A/D converter to interface into the Orion)
Lower latency.

I was using mine for several years with Pro Tools Native through Digilink. Worked flawlessly.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #597
Gear Head
 
joejoebasso's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actualsizeaudio View Post
More tracks (if you had another A/D converter to interface into the Orion)
Lower latency.

I was using mine for several years with Pro Tools Native through Digilink. Worked flawlessly.
Lower latency even if I do not use ProTools? I'm tracking in Cubase most of the time. I thought the latency compensation was specific to ProTools but I could be completely wrong.

I know the PCIe data transfer rate can be faster than USB3 depending on the type of PCIe.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #598
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoebasso View Post
Lower latency even if I do not use ProTools? I'm tracking in Cubase most of the time. I thought the latency compensation was specific to ProTools but I could be completely wrong.
Latecy in regards to compensating for the A/D - D/A conversion when using inserts in Pro Tools HD. This is a Pro Tools HD (HDX and Native) thing only. There is a way to manually set those values with PT native I believe.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #599
Did anyone ever get it working as part of the HDX system or only as USB3? Why the digilink if it doesn't work?
Old 2 weeks ago
  #600
Yes. I have mine running fine through HDX with full functionality.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump