The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antelope Announces Orion32 HD with digiport & USB3 Audio Interfaces
Old 8th October 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynth View Post
they have a big issue with new activation system at startup, orion 32HD doesn't remember activation because of hardware issue, we have to send it to a "local" technician support and they don't pay postal charges. Catastrophic customer service.
Hello Biosynth,

We are sorry to hear that you have a defective device that needs to be serviced.
Unfortunately , hardware issues happen from time to time but this is not related in any way to latest software updates. If your device is in warranty you can return it to your dealer and they will take care for the shipping costs.

Best Regards,
Alex
Old 8th October 2018
Hello,
Thanks for your input.
You say it’s not in relation with last update, but before that i had no problem with activation. Is it possible to deactivate this activation?
Old 9th October 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Hello,
Thanks for your input.
You say it’s not in relation with last update, but before that i had no problem with activation. Is it possible to deactivate this activation?
Hello Biosynth,

It is possible the problem to appear now, but as i said this problem is not related to the latest update.

Alex
Old 11th October 2018
Gear Addict
Hey Alex,

i see the "tape machine" fx is coming to O32HD, any prediction on when that might happen? I´m really looking forward to that particular effect.
Old 23rd October 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by defdaft View Post
Hey Alex,

i see the "tape machine" fx is coming to O32HD, any prediction on when that might happen? I´m really looking forward to that particular effect.
Hello defdaft,

I believe that 32HD is the next device for which Real2Real will be available, but I dont know the release date.

Best Regards
Alex
Old 24th October 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiliev83 View Post
Hello defdaft,

I believe that 32HD is the next device for which Real2Real will be available, but I dont know the release date.

Best Regards
Alex
Thanks!
I´m hoping for the guitar amp simulations to come to O32HD too, some distortion would be great for everyone into electronic music aswell. But tape machine will keep me happy for a while.

Off topic, sort of: got my Analog Heat working fine in the Orion mixer when i figured out the routing system, and it´s a great addition to be able to route and change without pulling any cables! I´m going to connect all the inputs of my synths to outputs of the Orion aswell, to use as FX.
What i havent figured out is a way to send mutiple tracks to Heat with different wet/dry levels though..
Using the outs are great though.
Old 14th November 2018
Here for the gear

Does the Orion32 HD work reliably with Windows 10 and USB3? I don't see too many people commenting on that. I have been thinking about buying one, but, reading between the lines, it looks like there are reliability problems with Windows 10 and USB3. Another guy in Austin bought one, but had to return it, because it started glitching out after 30 minutes or so. I'm nor sure of the details. He didn't have time to do extensive testing. He just went with something else. This was a year ago, so I don't know what the current state of all this is. Can anyone relate their experiences with Orion32 HD, Windows 10 and USB3?
Old 14th November 2018
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
Does the Orion32 HD work reliably with Windows 10 and USB3? I don't see too many people commenting on that. I have been thinking about buying one, but, reading between the lines, it looks like there are reliability problems with Windows 10 and USB3. Another guy in Austin bought one, but had to return it, because it started glitching out after 30 minutes or so. I'm nor sure of the details. He didn't have time to do extensive testing. He just went with something else. This was a year ago, so I don't know what the current state of all this is. Can anyone relate their experiences with Orion32 HD, Windows 10 and USB3?
My unit works fine with w10/usb3. True, there has been a few problems with drivers and firmware updates but it's been stable for me for some time now. Support has been very helpful for me and helped me solve issues.
Just My five cents. I am sure others will have different stories, also it depends on how you use it. I dont use protools for instance.
Old 15th November 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
It works absolutely fine. The problem with the forums is that only ppl with problems are spreading their experience. We have thousands happy customers using their O32HD including some Top Engineers as well

AA Team
Old 25th November 2018
Lives for gear
Will it work stable recording 64 channels with Pro Tools HD native thunderbolt?

Also Can I connect the USB simultaneously to another computer and record the same 64 channels as a backup recording/redundancy?

I need it to be stable for recording live shows. Not going to use the plugins.

anyone tested it for that purpose?

Thanks
Old 26th November 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmixer04 View Post
Will it work stable recording 64 channels with Pro Tools HD native thunderbolt?

Also Can I connect the USB simultaneously to another computer and record the same 64 channels as a backup recording/redundancy?

I need it to be stable for recording live shows. Not going to use the plugins.

anyone tested it for that purpose?

Thanks
Hello musicmixer04,

-No you wont be able, because PT HD Native can record maximum to 32 Inputs. You will need an HD Card in order to record 64 channels and HDX for 64+

Alex
Old 26th November 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
-No you wont be able, because PT HD Native can record maximum to 32 Inputs. You will need an HD Card in order to record 64 channels and HDX for 64+
HD native thunderbolt can record 64 tracks simultaneously. But can I record the same tracks to another computer using the usb on the Orion?

Thanks again
Old 26th November 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
HD native thunderbolt can record 64 tracks simultaneously. But can I record the same tracks to another computer using the usb on the Orion?

Thanks again
Hello musicmixer,

But can I record the same tracks to another computer using the usb on the Orion?

Yes, you can record up to 64 channels vaa the USB 3.0 and this can be achieved by the necessary routing setting inside of the routing matrix.

Alex
Old 26th November 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Yes, you can record up to 64 channels vaa the USB 3.0 and this can be achieved by the necessary routing setting inside of the routing matrix.
thats awesome! that I can record simultaneously to two different macbook pros using both Avid digilink and usb 3 to two differet machines

thanks for helping
Old 26th November 2018
Lives for gear
One more question. Does the Oreon have soft limit befor the converters? To prevnt clipping? Like the apogee stuff and Avid HD I/o 16
Old 26th November 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
thats awesome! that I can record simultaneously to two different macbook pros using both Avid digilink and usb 3 to two differet machines

thanks for helping
This is absolutely possible.
Just make sure that the Sample rate is the same for both systems in order to avoid clocking mismatch.

Alex
Old 26th November 2018
Lives for gear
One more question:

How much latency is it If I want to insert lets say a 550 Eq and a compressor with the FPGA EF during tracking?
Old 27th November 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
One more question:

How much latency is it If I want to insert lets say a 550 Eq and a compressor with the FPGA EF during tracking?
Hello musicmixer04,

The latency will be around 2-3 Samples.

Best regards,
Alex
Old 27th November 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hello musicmixer04,

The latency will be around 2-3 Samples.

Best regards,
Alex
Wow thats amazing

Thanks for reply!
Old 18th December 2018
Lives for gear

Any new reports from Pro Tools HDX users on the timeline placement issues and overall satisfaction with the Orion 32 HD? Is everything good now? I read this whole thread and it made me nervous
Old 20th December 2018
Lives for gear
Hi All

Im just purchased an Orion 32 HD and Im looking for the best way to integrate it in my Pro Tools Native setup.

I currently have an Avid omni.

Anyone that use the Orion with an Avid Omni together?

I want to use the Omni for monitoring, but I want it to be clocked by the Orion. Possible?

Thanks
Old 24th December 2018
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
Any new reports from Pro Tools HDX users on the timeline placement issues and overall satisfaction with the Orion 32 HD? Is everything good now? I read this whole thread and it made me nervous
I use my orion 32hd with protools native and I have regular problems: orion panel doesn't respond, panel faders doesn't match with routing (!) for instance a fader is all the way back and signal goes through, also sample rate jumps from 96khz (my choice) to 44,1khz. It needs some serious update and work but they prefer spending money on marketing. Really not recommanded for now.
Old 27th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
I use my orion 32hd with protools native and I have regular problems: orion panel doesn't respond, panel faders doesn't match with routing (!) for instance a fader is all the way back and signal goes through, also sample rate jumps from 96khz (my choice) to 44,1khz. It needs some serious update and work but they prefer spending money on marketing. Really not recommanded for now.
Hello Biosynth,

I am sorry to hear that you experience problems with your unit.
May I ask you for your ticket ID on PM so i can review your case history?
Most of the issues that you described has been fixed with the latest FW and I am not sure did you request any help from us regarding this process.
Are you using any 3rd Party PCI-E Cards in your setup?

Best regards,
Alex

Last edited by alexiliev83; 27th December 2018 at 05:02 PM..
Old 28th December 2018
Hello Alex,
I communicate with Antelope team several times, I have spent a lot of time with them (and money...) they are kind but no one solved my problems. One time a Antelope guy tell me to send the unit because it was a hardware problem (and they didn't want to pay postal charges while it was a factory problem!). I don't have sent it because they have to keep it 3 weeks without lend me one (one more time what a customer service! ) and finally it was solved with an update (thay were not awared). Now I have all the problems I said in my previous message, I don't want anymore to FIGHT to have solutions to my problems, I have a lot of professionnal gear and this orion 32hd is my baddest experience in professionnal audio industry.
Old 28th December 2018
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Hello Alex,
I communicate with Antelope team several times, I have spent a lot of time with them (and money...) they are kind but no one solved my problems. One time a Antelope guy tell me to send the unit because it was a hardware problem (and they didn't want to pay postal charges while it was a factory problem!). I don't have sent it because they have to keep it 3 weeks without lend me one (one more time what a customer service! ) and finally it was solved with an update (thay were not awared). Now I have all the problems I said in my previous message, I don't want anymore to FIGHT to have solutions to my problems, I have a lot of professionnal gear and this orion 32hd is my baddest experience in professionnal audio industry.
Hello Biosynth,

Please send me your ticket ID on PM and I will see how we can improve your experience with out Customer Service.

Alex
Old 1st January 2019
Gear Addict
Luckily i´ve had less problems myself but the interface runs smooth at least without protools involved.
It´s a great interface for me but the software updates and driver issues has been annoying to say the least. But for me, support has always been helpful so i´m sad to hear the trouble you´ve had, Biosynth. Hope you get it working properly.
Old 12th January 2019
For me it didn't work with an HDX2 system. Tech support are so miserable and difficult to understand plus they know nothing about HDX. Also the USB cable doesn't work with anything less than USB3. I feel like I wasted £3000, I should have stayed with AVID.
Old 13th January 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
For me it didn't work with an HDX2 system. Tech support are so miserable and difficult to understand plus they know nothing about HDX. Also the USB cable doesn't work with anything less than USB3. I feel like I wasted £3000, I should have stayed with AVID.
Is the Orion HD experience really that bad still, I mean with all the firmware updates and all? On paper the Orion HD interface just looks incredible with it's feature set and connectivity.

I'm looking to upgrade my summing DA and gain PTHD capability by the end of the year; it is between the Orion HD(much cheaper) and Lynx Aurora N 24HD. I've already bought a BLA Microclock XB III rockin with my current converters(Pure2, 88192s, Lynx TWO-B) and I'm happier ATM ... SPL Madison + RME MadiFX was considered but would like PTHD capability also ...

Is anyone using the Orion HD with PTHD native with no issues or very minor issues?
Old 13th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanhatemenow View Post

Is anyone using the Orion HD with PTHD native with no issues or very minor issues?
I have an Orion Studio HD that gave us problems at the beginning (spring 2018). After that, no issues. Have used it both natively and with HDX.
Old 13th January 2019
I'm running Pro tools Ultimate HD and have an Avid Native card. I'm waiting on my order of an Orion 32HD to arrive and would like some clarity on some questions in advance of it's arrival.

1) is one digi-link cable all that's required for complete operation or are 2 required for 32 I/O?

2) Which would be the best source for clock and what would be the connectivity of this source.

3) If the source is the Antelope Orion 32HD, can pro tools sync/lock to Orion 32HD through the digital-link.

4) I don't have USB 3. Can I still download and install software and firmware updates and install through USB 2?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search