The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Antelope Announces Orion32 HD with digiport & USB3 Audio Interfaces
Old 1st August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenkonio View Post
I know how to do h/w inserts in Pro Tools. If you read well what i wrote I asked another question. Thanks for the reply anyway!

What a complete jerk of a response. FYI, you are not as thorough in your question as maybe you believe you are.

Nice edit by the way removing all the sarcastic emjo's from your original reply to me.
Old 1st August 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryjohns View Post
What a complete jerk of a response. FYI, you are not as thorough in your question as maybe you believe you are.

Nice edit by the way removing all the sarcastic emjo's from your original reply to me.
Don't know what you're referring to... anyway I asked why I loose the availability of two outputs in analog when I use them in digital on a specific scenario (that works... because if it doesn't worked maybe you would tell me about HOW to do insert in PT).
What's wrong with you man? C'mon. Relax.
Old 2nd August 2017
Here for the gear
FX on inserts real time?

If we setup FX on inserts can that be processed online offline or does it have to physically recorded to a track in Real Time?
Old 2nd August 2017
Amazing new compressors!

Very significant update out today for Orion32HD. You're the first to receive the hottest new compressors on the planet. The first time modeled BA-6A and the FPGA versions of SMT-100A and FET-78A. Now you have 10 Vintage Compressors plus the Antelope Compressor included FREE! Update now and enjoy! (other interfaces will receive these soon)

Old 2nd August 2017
Gear Head

Aha, this is what you meant with climbing Can't wait to try them!

BTW what happened with the grove hill?
Old 2nd August 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriptik8 View Post
Aha, this is what you meant with climbing Can't wait to try them!

BTW what happened with the grove hill?
We are still working with Grove Hill to get that model as close as possible. They have a unique distortion mode we're working on. We already have the compressor spot on. It just has taken us a bit longer than the others.

Next round are 3 huge beasts! Fairchild, Distressor, and Variable-Mu clones...
Old 3rd August 2017
Here for the gear
Updated no new compressors

Hello,

I updated (twice) and the new compressors are not showing up.
What could I have done wrong?

Thank you.
Old 3rd August 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clybourne View Post
We are still working with Grove Hill to get that model as close as possible. They have a unique distortion mode we're working on. We already have the compressor spot on. It just has taken us a bit longer than the others.

Take your time, it's not like we don't have anything to play with

Thanks!
Old 3rd August 2017
Here for the gear
Issue

Hi everybody
I have an issue on my Orion 32 HD;
I have a MacBook Pro 2016 with USB-C ports and New Touchbar, and Orion 32 HD doesn't work perfect on it:
* On outputs: The sound lose after 2-3 minutes playing but returned if I change sample rate manually in AudioMIDI setup.
* On inputs: Sometimes the sound changes to ZZzzzzzZZZzzzz or I hear Stutter sound (Like Buffer Error) and retutn by changing sample rate manually too.
The Antelope Support couldn't help me. I tested more sound cards on my Mac and it was OK, and I tested my Orion 32 HD on other MacBooks without touchbar and it was OK too. I think the problem is on touchbar models.
Could you help me about this issue please?
Best regards,
Ramin Mazaheri
Old 3rd August 2017
doesn't work for me. And my panel doesn't want to open anymore...
I have to open in safety mode and choose older version.
Old 3rd August 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:
Wicked! Really looking forward to the Distressor above all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynth View Post
doesn't work for me. And my panel doesn't want to open anymore...
I have to open in safety mode and choose older version.
Do a backup of your system settings / saves first, and then try the following troubleshooting help (it worked for me when i had similar problems): Control Panel Issues Troubleshooting | Antelope Audio
Old 3rd August 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by studiorecording View Post
Hello,

I updated (twice) and the new compressors are not showing up.
What could I have done wrong?

Thank you.
Make sure you're using the Launcher from our website to start the control panel (it check for the latest one), so it's not only a FW update.

But, secondly we have found an issue with a couple new compressors at certain rates and it will be fixed very soon.
Old 7th August 2017
Orion32HD owners. There's a Firmware update we posted today that fixes a couple things on your unit.

The new compressors (BA-6A, SMT-100A, FET-A78) all work properly at all sample rates. You're the first interface to receive these amazing new compressors.

Also, we have improved USB3 stability, which sometimes had some trouble being seen by the panel software. Things should be now better in that regard.

Enjoy the update!
Old 8th August 2017
Hi,
Clybourne please tell to anteloppe team to add more mixers please. 4mixers are really too short: 1 for my monitoring, and 3 stereo for my hardware FX, but I need a lot more! Hope it could be possible to add more mixers. I think to thoses who need many monitors mix for artists return, they simply can't.
Old 8th August 2017
Quote:
Hi,
Clybourne please tell to anteloppe team to add more mixers please. 4mixers are really too short: 1 for my monitoring, and 3 stereo for my hardware FX, but I need a lot more! Hope it could be possible to add more mixers. I think to thoses who need many monitors mix for artists return, they simply can't.
To my knowledge, we have the most mixers of any interface. For large number, best to create sends with the DAW.
Old 8th August 2017
New Look EQ and more cool new FX soon!

We have a brand new look coming for our Antelope EQ and Compressor, plus more versions of the compressor to add Gate, Expander and some other vary cool new and "surprise" saturation FX... This is THE time to be in the Antelope Audio Family. Btw, Goliath HD just got their compressors updated today to add BA-6A, SMT-100A, FET-A78. (Zen Tour & Orion Studio are next up)

Old 8th August 2017
Quote:
To my knowledge, we have the most mixers of any interface. For large number, best to create sends with the DAW.
for instance RME with totalmix, you have a submix for each output channel.

Quote:
For large number, best to create sends with the DAW.
with DAW there is latency.
Old 8th August 2017
(double post)
Old 8th August 2017
Quote:
for instance RME with totalmix, you have a submix for each output channel.

with DAW there is latency.
When that user is recorded back into the DAW, any latency will be corrected for. He will have Headphones on and not know anything is a few ms different. :-)
Old 11th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
My MADIface XT has 194 mixers I think (might be 196). Antelope is nowhere near that.
Old 11th August 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
My MADIface XT has 194 mixers I think (might be 196). Antelope is nowhere near that.
Well, it sounds like you're all set then. How is their Lang EQ and their various other free Vintage FX? I mean, I just don't know why people constantly feel compelled to compare one feature of a competitor and judge therein our entire product. You want 196 mixers, then I suppose the RME is the way to go.

Meanwhile, I love using my Antelope and I've owned nearly every possible brand over the years. I'm personally using the new compressors and EQ's in my own work as soon as they're released. I'm quite pleased with how our conversion quality stands up vs. the competition, as well. I don't begrudge other brands their own success and their own features.

We have a lot more to come, as well.
Old 12th August 2017
Lives for gear

Wink

Quote:
Well, it sounds like you're all set then. How is their Lang EQ and their various other free Vintage FX? I mean, I just don't know why people constantly feel compelled to compare one feature of a competitor and judge therein our entire product. You want 196 mixers, then I suppose the RME is the way to go.

Meanwhile, I love using my Antelope and I've owned nearly every possible brand over the years. I'm personally using the new compressors and EQ's in my own work as soon as they're released. I'm quite pleased with how our conversion quality stands up vs. the competition, as well. I don't begrudge other brands their own success and their own features.

We have a lot more to come, as well.

Chillax Marcel! Lol. I am just correcting your "alternative facts" regarding the mixer numbers

Actually the near zero latency effects on the RME mixer are perfect for tracking. No complaints at all on that end. Most importantly, RME makes the most stable, solid and reliable drivers in the business. (How is your Windows USB3 driver situation now? All good?)

I'm not quite "all set", as you know. RME is my computer interface to connect to Goliath and burl via MADI.

Meanwhile, I'm not working at the moment, currently down, waiting for my new Antelope Goliath HD to get shipped out today, having returned mine after issues with 3 of the standard Goliath units. (So yeah, there's that.)

You guys have gone the extra mile though in most excellent customer support

And yes, I am looking forward to the upgraded conversion and new plugins.
Old 12th August 2017
Quote:
Chillax Marcel! Lol. I am just correcting your "alternative facts" regarding the mixer numbers

Actually the near zero latency effects on the RME mixer are perfect for tracking. No complaints at all on that end. Most importantly, RME makes the most stable, solid and reliable drivers in the business. (How is your Windows USB3 driver situation now? All good?)

I'm not quite "all set", as you know. RME is my computer interface to connect to Goliath and burl via MADI.

Meanwhile, I'm not working at the moment, currently down, waiting for my new Antelope Goliath HD to get shipped out today, having returned mine after issues with 3 of the standard Goliath units. (So yeah, there's that.)

You guys have gone the extra mile though in most excellent customer support

And yes, I am looking forward to the upgraded conversion and new plugins.
Actually, we had to correct a bug in the USB3 host stack, which isn't of our making and yes our PC USB3 drivers are working well, as well as Mac.

I've owned RME, Apogee, UA, and Lynx. I know what's out there. I'm pleased with where we stand in the marketplace.

I understand that some people will want more mixers and more of all sorts of things. But, I'm quite pleased with what we're doing now for our customers with our control panel environment and included free FX. I'm ecstatic about what's around the corner, as well.

Last edited by Clybourne; 12th August 2017 at 02:28 AM..
Old 12th August 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually, we have to correct a bug in the USB3 host stack, which isn't of our making and yes our PC USB3 drivers are working well, as well as Mac.

I've owned RME, Apogee, UA, and Lynx. I know what's out there. I'm pleased with where we stand in the marketplace.

I understand that some people will want more mixers and more of all sorts of things. But, I'm quite pleased with what we're doing now for our customers with our control panel environment and included free FX. I'm ecstatic about what's around the corner, as well.
Yes, and for the record, I certainly don't need any more mixers in the Goliath software!
Old 12th August 2017
Quote:
Yes, and for the record, I certainly don't need any more mixers in the Goliath software!
I meant, "had" to correct the bug and it is now.

Btw, just got some great news. We have received final approval for the Grove Hill Liverpool. It's a very cool compressor. Warm, rich, incredibly flexible and capable of cool distortion FX and COMING SOON to your Antelope interface, as well.
Old 12th August 2017
Clybourne please before being annoyed listen and try to respond to your customers:

1. UPDATE 1.40 DOESN'T WORK (pc win7, ultrastable computer)
2. LATENCY!! WITH USB3... I HAVE A HIGHER LATENCY COMPARED TO MY RME FIREFACE802 WITH USB2
3. SOMETIMES ORION HD IS NOT RECOGNIZED, I (WE) HAVE TO REBOOT IT
4. ANTELOPE FX PLUGINS INSERTS... A BIT LABORIOUS TO USE COMPARED TO CLASSIC PLUGS
5. PANEL CONTROL IS CPU CONSUMING.
6. LINE-IN METERS ARE SHOWING LEVEL BEFORE INPUTS GAIN (MISTAKE)
7. IMPOSSIBLE TO RECORD ANTELOPE INBOARD REVERB

So that's reality. A new compressor or eq each month, cool! (personnaly I don't use them now) But that's clearly not the priority. Priority is technical troubles.

When I like a product I talk about it, but now I'm not satisfied for a 3500€ unit. Sorry.

Last edited by Biosynth; 12th August 2017 at 04:38 PM..
Old 12th August 2017
Quote:
Clybourne please before being annoyed listen and try to respond to your customers:

1. UPDATE 1.40 DOESN'T WORK (pc win7, ultrastable computer)
2. LATENCY!! WITH USB3... I HAVE A HIGHER LATENCY COMPARED TO MY RME FIREFACE802 WITH USB2
3. SOMETIMES ORION HD IS NOT RECOGNIZED, I (WE) HAVE TO REBOOT IT
4. ANTELOPE FX PLUGINS INSERTS... A BIT LABORIOUS TO USE COMPARED TO CLASSIC PLUGS
5. PANEL CONTROL IS CPU CONSUMING.
6. LINE-IN METERS ARE SHOWING LEVEL BEFORE INPUTS GAIN (MISTAKE)
7. IMPOSSIBLE TO RECORD ANTELOPE INBOARD REVERB

So that's reality. A new compressor or eq each month, cool! (personnaly I don't use them now) But that's clearly not the priority. Priority is technical troubles.

When I like a product I talk about it, but now I'm not satisfied for a 3500€ unit. Sorry.
1. What's your case number with our Support Team.
3 I'd have to see it. It could be the case, but I have seen better roundtrip latency on our unit than even some TB units out there, especially by virtue of the fact that you can use very low buffers on our interface.
. We issued a recent update that improves the USB3 host controller performance, which is not an issue we caused, but it is now approved. This issue of not connection should not be occurring. I know it's no longer an issue on Mac according
4. This is really just wrong. I'm doing sessions for serious projects every day using IO plugins and routing. NO PROBLEMS. Guys like Mick Guzuaski, Greg Wells, and Michael Brauer are using our FX via HW Inserts in Pro Tools, as is Brian Vibberts. This is just not an issue for anyone who knows how to work a mouse and save a preset (one Session Preset saves all FX and routing).
5. I've never heard this ever reported, but it's possible there is some optimization. I did hear of certain plugins from another company using up an inordinate amount of DSP on some systems, but never our panel.
6. No way! You MUST see the metering when clipping occurs, and this is how we have it.
7. This is also wrong. It's very easy to route any playback channels into Mixer 1 and the Output back in. Just turn down the faders of the incoming channels, the send are pre-fader. BAM! You have hardware powered EQ you can use on a Mix.

Luckily for our users, they are quite happy and using our Compressors and EQ's and other FX. Very much so and in fact, user groups are popping up where people are discussing, exchanging presets and even videos of their FX on mixes.
Old 13th August 2017
How to restart server

Sunday Antelope Audio quick tip. How to revive your Control Panel after leaving the computer dormant or shut down for an extended period of time. Just use this method to restart server for the panel.

Old 13th August 2017
4. insert routing + save a preset + you don't see directly which plugins you put on your tracks. Workflow is not the same, not so practical.
5. yes plugins can use a lot of CPU, like convulation reverbs or complex eq, but not a control panel. See other companies.
6. I confirm meters for inputs are before inputs trims. We have to see level after inputs trims. If you didn't see that, or don't find that logical i'm afraid.
7. I don't want to sacrifice one of the only four mixers for reverb return. That's the problem, I have the feeling to be blocked with a 3500€ interface...

Clybourne are you in the Antelope team?
Old 18th August 2017
SMT-100A Compressor Video With Example

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search