The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Dutch&Dutch 8c monitors Studio Monitors
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Addict

Dutch&Dutch 8c monitors

I have a pair of Dutch&Dutch's new 8C's arriving next week, they look on paper really interesting and the designer says they are better than the Kii's ,I just wondered if anyone here has a pair, Dutch & Dutch unsurprisingly are designed in the Netherlands !
Keith
Old 5th January 2017
Gear Addict

Kii THREE and Dutch&Dutch 8C head to head.
Keith
Old 6th January 2017
Gear Addict

Superb measurements,

Keith
Old 7th January 2017
Here for the gear

whats your verdict?

what tweeter and drivers are they?
how much are they?
Old 7th January 2017
Price? Info about the AD converter? Those horrible dips in the highs?
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

What a weird way to show "directivity" instead of a normal polar pattern graph.
And the roll off at 100Hz is pretty early for a speaker like that. -6 dB at 100Hz? For studio work, +-2 dB is usually the cutoff. That would usually signify the cutoff for useful freq response is pretty early (and disagrees with the company's +-1.5dB at 30Hz.)

Not to mention if I want to see how directivity is being handled passively through delay (like these speakers appear to be built much like the ME Geithans), I'm more interested in 40Hz to 250Hz. 100Hz to 20kHz will make most speakers look directional (because much of that bandwidth is directional.)
And on top of that... is this freefield, anechoic response, or 1/2 space? Matters a lot if these are being graphed.

The woofer drivers are 2 x 8" with 500W Class D. Equivalent to a single 11-1/3" woofer. sealed box and cabinet volume is really killing the performance if it drops out at 100Hz.
Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

assume they are delaying the output to the front speakers to allow the rear subs to align phase - what is the latency spec?
Old 7th January 2017
Gear Addict

The full measurement suite can be found on the Dutch&Dutch site, frequency response is excellent,

Keith
Old 8th January 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
What a weird way to show "directivity" instead of a normal polar pattern graph.
I'd much rather see a polar map like that vs the standard polar pattern: the latter are pretty useless as normally presented (just a few frequencies in one or over several plots), or ludicrously cumbersome when a wide selection of frequencies is covered.

Frankly, too easy to game the simple polar plot: you can hide problems with diffraction/interference effects by avoiding showing problematic bands.

The polar map is much more revealing (and much more honest, IMO).

I applaud D&D for using and publishing them.

Looks like an interesting unit, when/if distribution situation becomes tenable I'll want a listen.
Old 22nd January 2017
Gear Addict

Kii THREE versus Dutch & Dutch 8C, there can be only one!
[url=http://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/blog]

Keith
Old 30th January 2017
Gear Addict

Martijn from Dutch&Dutch sent me some renders of the new cabinet work, slight changes at the rear and soiled of the cabinet, one vent now instead of the earlier two.
Looking forward to receiving these, they should if their measurements are to be believed offer the Kii's serious competiti0n.

http://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/blog

Keith
Old 24th March 2017
Gear Addict

The 8C's still haven't arrived but... there is an interesting piece on how they work in the 'Ear' ,
Dutch & Dutch | The Ear

Keith
Old 13th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by puriteaudio View Post
The 8C's still haven't arrived but... there is an interesting piece on how they work in the 'Ear' ,
Dutch & Dutch | The Ear

Keith
Any updates on these vs the kii?
Old 13th May 2017
Gear Addict

Martijn has promised delivery for next weekend , I believe there is a product but new designs always take longer than anticipated.
As soon as they do arrive I will be on here shouting about it!
Keith
Old 13th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
The full measurement suite can be found on the Dutch&Dutch site, frequency response is excellent,

Keith
I'm missing the vertical directivity plot. Horizontal alone doesn't tell it all.
Old 13th May 2017
Gear Addict

Yes, I will ask about vertical dispersion,
https://dutchdutch.com/assets/images/8c-spec-sheet.pdf

Keith
Old 13th May 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Martijn has promised delivery for next weekend , I believe there is a product but new designs always take longer than anticipated.
As soon as they do arrive I will be on here shouting about it!
Keith
Thanks man
Old 8th June 2017
Gear Addict

It has been a long wait but D&D informed me today that the 8C's are ready to ship!
Keith
Old 14th June 2017
Gear Addict

Our first pair are actually going to arrive this week, genuinely excited to hear them especially after such a long wait and so many delays.
Keith
Old 14th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Our first pair are actually going to arrive this week, genuinely excited to hear them especially after such a long wait and so many delays.
Keith
Awesome!!!!!!! Eager to hear your thoughts!
Old 15th June 2017
Gear Head
To the OP: I certainly admire your enthusiasm, but it seems you have decided beforehand that these will be the end-all of monitor speakers. Wouldn't it make more sense to first work with your new speakers for a while, and then go on GS to inform the community here about your real world experiences?

BTW I am assuming that you are in no way affiliated to the company, but please inform us if you are, for the sake of transparency. Thanks!
Old 15th June 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB Kuipers View Post
To the OP: I certainly admire your enthusiasm, but it seems you have decided beforehand that these will be the end-all of monitor speakers. Wouldn't it make more sense to first work with your new speakers for a while, and then go on GS to inform the community here about your real world experiences?

BTW I am assuming that you are in no way affiliated to the company, but please inform us if you are, for the sake of transparency. Thanks!
Check his signature. Whatever it does not mean a lack of transparency.
Old 15th June 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
Check his signature. Whatever it does not mean a lack of transparency.
Good point, thanks. Sorry to the OP. I assumed you were a studio owner/ AE, not an audio salesman. But your website is quite clear.

I will definitely be interested to hear some real world experiences on these monitors from engineers in the field, when people have had a chance to actually use them.
Old 15th June 2017
Gear Addict

I don't believe I have ever stated that these will be the 'end-all' of monitors but they are interesting and the measurements released by Dutch&Dutch look extremely promising. If they could be as good as the Kii's that would be enough.
Keith
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Addict

After a relatively minor 6 month wait!

Keith
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
After a relatively minor 6 month wait!

Keith
Oooohhh! Impressions?
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Addict

Physically bigger and much heavier,

Keith
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Physically bigger and much heavier,

Keith
Wow I dont know why I thought they were going to be smaller..

How are they sounding?
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Addict

Typically I have only had the chance to unpack one, have a quick look at the app, and am now waiting at the airport, back in a few days!
Keith
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Addict

Rear view showing twin 8" bassdrivers,

Keith

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search