The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Black Rooster Audio releases VLA-3A Dynamics Plugins
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolib View Post
you have to download and instal plugin after creating account
Hi, thanks. I deleted all installs, remains and cache - re downloaded everything but still unable to activate. Just sent a message to Black Rooster
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRooster View Post
Hi ribbontubedude,

Have you checked our activation video on youtube, regarding offline activation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Q5W4saOSY

Please get back to me directly for further requests via info (at) blackroosteraudio.com
Just sent you a message.
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I had the same issue last night trying to activate it in Studio One. I created the account first, downloaded the plugins, and used the exact same credentials to log in for the online activation and it didn't work. I ended up just doing the offline activation, but it was time-consuming and cumbersome.

I think there's something up with the online activation process itself which may need fixing. My password is 20 characters long, so perhaps there's a disconnect between the max characters allowed on the website and what's being passed via the activation process? Maybe the online activation was down, or at a max capacity when I tried? Maybe there's a lag between the account server and the activation server where it wasn't seeing newly created accounts. Maybe it doesn't work in some hosts (I was using Studio One 3.3 x64 in Windows 10 x64). Who knows...but something was definitely amiss.

Also, the offline activation process kind of sucked because I couldn't copy the PC code and had to type it in manually, which was annoying. Then I thought I couldn't paste the activation code, but it eventually took. I think the cursor wasn't appearing in the field or something. I'd definitely be looking to iron out this process.
Thank you - the offline activation do not work either. Must be some thing up, I am using many other plugin companies with no problems. I am using Logic Pro X 10.2.4 and MacOS sierra 10.12.2
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hi Funkybot,

in fact this is a known issue and to our knowledge it's currently restricted to Studio One on Mac. Our investigations revealed that it's this particular combination in which internet access gets blocked, so online activation can't be performed. We'll try to find a solution, but until then users experiencing this issue will have to use offline activation as a work around. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused on your end.

Ok, so Studio One on Win is also affected.

You can use Ctrl+V to paste the serial no from your clipboard btw.
Thanks for the reply.

Other plugins that require online authorization will usually trigger a pop-up in Windows Firewall that says something like, "so and so application is trying to access public networks - do you want to allow" which I didn't get here. Not sure if that helps at all, but yeah, definitely didn't get that pop-up yesterday.

Regarding Ctrl+V, that's what I eventually did. My confusion came from there being no cursor blinking in the response box to indicate that I was able to paste. I suggest either adding a blinking cursor to this box, or add a small Paste icon to make it clear that the clipboard contents can be pasted. It's a small thing, but it will indicate to users that the screen isn't frozen and unactionable.
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbontubedude View Post
Thank you - the offline activation do not work either. Must be some thing up, I am using many other plugin companies with no problems.
I had to do Offline Activation as well because online activation wasn't working. That is quite odd you can't do offline activation. What is the problem you had doing it that way?
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Addict

For anyone having problems installing, take a look at this video where all steps are shown

Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesha View Post
For anyone having problems installing, take a look at this video where all steps are shown

Thanks Lesha!
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Head

Finally - Offline Activation Worked.

Update - was finally able to get the Offline activation to work. Will try these great looking plugins and put them on a few projects.

Yep - the Online activation method for sure does not work. (says wrong login but I am able to login at their website)

Cheers. :-))
Old 2nd January 2017
Gear Maniac

If you do encounter problems with our online/offline activation, please use our Support Form: blackroosteraudio.com/support.html
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

I'll be trying this out first thing tomorrow.
I have UAD's LA3A but it is way overdue for
an upgrade and this might be just what I
am looking for.

The LA3A is my absolute favorite comp for
acoustic guitars..I've used the hardware one
in studio sessions (no I dont own one, just used
them at studios that have them) and no other
compressor allows me to fit an acoustic guitar
into a mix like the LA3A does.
Old 3rd January 2017
Lives for gear

On a side note, they run a giveaway during january.

You can win the VLA bundle.

Just go like the post on their FB page :
https://www.facebook.com/blackroosteraudio/
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Maniac

Like us on facebook and take your chance to WIN a VLA BUNDLE! http://bit.ly/2iDPEax
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Addict

Will you be offering these in a bundle for purchase?
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence Sanchez View Post
Will you be offering these in a bundle for purchase?
Dear Lawrence,

yes we will. You can expect an official announcement with more info on the pricing etc. by the end of the week.
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbontubedude View Post
Update - was finally able to get the Offline activation to work. Will try these great looking plugins and put them on a few projects.

Yep - the Online activation method for sure does not work. (says wrong login but I am able to login at their website)

Cheers. :-))
Same here.
Offline activation failed, too.
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wald View Post
Same here.
Offline activation failed, too.
Hi Wald,

please let us know what exactly isn't working and get in touch via the official channels (Support - Black Rooster Audio or PM).

It can't hurt to watch this little tutorial video, either:

Hope this helps!

Best,
André
Old 3rd January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Dear Lawrence,

yes we will. You can expect an official announcement with more info on the pricing etc. by the end of the week.
Thank you. I'm also waiting on AAX, which I know you're working on. Hope to try these out soon!
Old 4th January 2017
Gear Addict

Awesome. Only the gearslutz standard posting 80% about getting it to work rather then how it sounds.

Try the companies support and keep these threads about the sound.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by standstraight View Post
awesome. Only the gearslutz standard posting 80% about getting it to work rather then how it sounds.

Big thumbs up on that!
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standstraight View Post
Awesome. Only the gearslutz standard posting 80% about getting it to work rather then how it sounds.

While I certainly agree with you, I think it's also fair for folks to note what issues they're having here. I've run into the same problem where the activation system is not working. It was helpful for me to see that others are having the same problem. And yes, I've watched the video. It didn't work.

I submitted a support ticket to Black Rooster. Hopefully they'll get the licensing system sorted out soon. Once I'm able to actually use the plugins, I'll be back to report about the sound.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

OK, I wanted to respond to my own post quickly:

Black Rooster support got back to me already. That means it took like 10-15 mins for their response, which is quite impressive in my book.

At any rate, they had me reset my password on their website, and then the online licensing worked without a hitch.

Looking forward to testing these out over the next few days.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

I too was having difficulties with the auth in both S1 and Live on Windows. I was certain I was entering the correct login information as I typed it in a number of times.

Finally I gave up and just deleted the Black Rooster stuff.

Truthfully, I see products I view as worthy to demo, I demo them and if there's a good intro price I likely buy then and there. When the demo process is too convoluted to go through or doesn't work, I don't wind up buying the product. That's how my VST purchases go. So, even though I could contact support and get it sorted, it's become too much work for me, and my senses take hold. I don't really need another compressor, EQ, saturation plug, synth, etc.

I say this not out of frustration or anger, but merely as information for Black Rooster. I'm guessing I'm not the only one whose purchasing patterns are along these lines.
Old 4th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotDedyet View Post
I too was having difficulties with the auth in both S1 and Live on Windows. I was certain I was entering the correct login information as I typed it in a number of times.

Truthfully, I see products I view as worthy to demo, I demo them and if there's a good intro price I likely buy then and there. When the demo process is too convoluted to go through or doesn't work, I don't wind up buying the product. That's how my VST purchases go. So, even though I could contact support and get it sorted, it's become too much work for me, and my senses take hold. I don't really need another compressor, EQ, saturation plug, synth, etc.

I say this not out of frustration or anger, but merely as information for Black Rooster. I'm guessing I'm not the only one whose purchasing patterns are along these lines.
So you got time to post your "not our of frustration" comments both on KVR and here instead of contacting us directly? We are really willing to help you regarding the activation, so maybe you can provide us with some info, so we are really informed. This might help you and others as we could really focus on potential bugs. Please get back to us directly via info (at) blackroosteraudio.com

Have you checked the activation video yet?

All the best, André
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by markham View Post
At any rate, they had me reset my password on their website, and then the online licensing worked without a hitch.
Thanks for posting this tip - I had a problem activating the demo, but resetting password worked fine here.

Just started to demo it, and so far I'm liking it a lot. It's really great on bass.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Maybe just me - you use the acronym BRA on your website and I immediately think of a woman's brassiere. sorry.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Maybe just me - you use the acronym BRA on your website and I immediately think of a woman's brassiere. sorry.
Why is this bad? Sex sells.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNotDedyet View Post

If you think getting software is too much of a hassle don't ever try waiting for special order hardware. Then when you receive it it's broken.

Software activation is a walk in the park, even with the issues they sometimes present!
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Oh I had a worse thought. In English, a rooster can also be called a cock. Short for cockerel...
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Oh I had a worse thought. In English, a rooster can also be called a cock. Short for cockerel...
And do you know why the French chose the cock as their national pet? It's the only animal that can sing on top of a pile of sh&t

The plugin looks excellent though
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Black Cock Audio...has a nice ring to it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search