The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PSP FETpressor Dynamics Plugins
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

PSP FETpressor

PSP FETpressor is a FET feedback type compressor plug-in. It’s designed to provide accurate, almost instant compression with lots of character. Great for vocals, guitars, bass, drums, and whenever a classic 1970s-style FET compressor is needed. PSP FETpressor contains everything you’d expect from a FET compressor: an internal side chain high pass filter to control amount of low frequency pumping, smoothly adjustable compression ratio, ability to select which channel to process, and a link switch. This compressor also contains a dry signal blend for parallel compression. Additionally PSP FETpressor contains makeup amplifier and output transformer emulations to add subtle character even when set to 1:1 ratio.

/

PSP FETpressor a FET feedback type compressor plug-in.
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

I need another FET compressor like a hole in the head, but it is PSP, so it's probably amazing. Damn!
Old 26th December 2016
Mho
Lives for gear

Nice! But it's 2016, 1176 already covered!!!! Bring us some La3a please!
Old 26th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twrogstudio View Post
I need another FET compressor like a hole in the head, but it is PSP, so it's probably amazing. Damn!

+100000
Old 26th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mho View Post
Nice! But it's 2016, 1176 already covered!!!! Bring us some La3a please!
It reminds me of a hardware Urei LA3A – I just used one recently at Avatar in NYC. I’ve been comparing the PSP FETpressor with some excellent VST compressors and nothing else seems to be able to do what the PSP FETpressor can do.
--Alan Silverman,
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

There is always room for more plug-ins, whenever they are better or at least same quality as the best ones. Price is always important.
Old 26th December 2016
wow another one? This is just ridiculous
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

This one is really good. PSP is one of the best developers out there. The demo is very easy to obtain; no sign ins, emails, anus exams...or fingerprints....
In addition to that, the saturation on the FET is top notch. Feels very alive. Love it!!!
Old 26th December 2016
Gear Maniac

PSP tools are amazing.

Sure this compressor is great.

Sincerely,
Useg Diaz-Granados
www.oversightentertainment.se
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyjanopan View Post
wow another one? This is just ridiculous
I bet this will not be the last one released until a plugin really nails the hardware
Old 26th December 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmith View Post
It reminds me of a hardware Urei LA3A – I just used one recently at Avatar in NYC. I’ve been comparing the PSP FETpressor with some excellent VST compressors and nothing else seems to be able to do what the PSP FETpressor can do.
--Alan Silverman,
...yeah, of course. Nothing else.
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

no look ahead feature so I am curious about the attack behavior, The only plugins with proper attack are those from Softube and Positive Grid
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

A future subscription model has to be the only reason for producing yet another one of these without something dramatically new to say. Each vendor is going to have to cover most typical mixing scenarios themselves. Most potential customers are not going to be able to afford multiple subs so if you want to capture significant market share you are gonna have to cover most bases, right?
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
The demo is very easy to obtain; no sign ins, emails, anus exams...or fingerprints........
LOL
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

wow. very, very impressed!
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

Not surprisingly it sounds great. I think it's more a combination piece than a strict 1176 emulation. It feels like there are elements of other compressors in there too.

Love pushing the output transformer!
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

PSP are so good. But I think they're a couple of years too late with this, and don't have the hype machine to make everyone feel like they need to go and buy this over the 10,000 other ones out there.

I feel sorry for them because they're probably the best makers of plugins out there (sonically).
Old 26th December 2016
nice compressor but still prefer the tone of ik multimedia black 76 in the software world (although shame there is no mix button and sc hpf).
Old 26th December 2016
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
LOL
It may seem like a joke today - and it's a good one - but it won't be in the future. Laptops now have fingerprint sensors for a reason...
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
It may seem like a joke today - and it's a good one - but it won't be in the future. Laptops now have fingerprint sensors for a reason...
I can see the possibility of fingerprints perhaps, but I hope anus exams never come into play......
Old 26th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Great sounding FET emulation -1176 clone?

1176 or no, PSP has made another great compressor.

A big plus in my book since they added an
  • easy mix knob
  • high pass key input
  • variable ratio
  • linked or unlined inputs
  • smooth sound
  • big drum sounds when pushed

If you already own other PSP vst plugins, you'll get an even bigger discount on purchasing this one. I just compared it to my Waves CLA76, mjuc, and the NI 76 .
This one brings a different tone, especially when pushed.
Pushed or not, very smooth sound. Sounds great on vocals and drums so far.
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

i tried the demo (PTHD/OSX) and found the mix knob and sidechain didn't work; in fact the parameters had a line through the text. is anyone seeing the same?
Old 26th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
Quote:
I can see the possibility of fingerprints perhaps, but I hope anus exams never come into play......
God, imagine the poor devs on a group-buy day. Some of the old timers will be like:

"I never signed up for this *%&..! twas never like this in the good old ilok days!

And swiftly but back on topic...: seems an interesting comp indeed, testing it out now on various drums, can get a lot of clean GR going.
Old 26th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimv20 View Post
i tried the demo (PTHD/OSX) and found the mix knob and sidechain didn't work; in fact the parameters had a line through the text. is anyone seeing the same?
They are disabled by default. Click on the label to enable them.
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wald View Post
They are disabled by default. Click on the label to enable them.
thanks. is that non-intuitive or am i just hungover? i twisted the knobs, i would think that would be enough to enable the control...
Old 26th December 2016
Lives for gear

Psp is hot right now. E27 is ridiculous how forward the sound is. The naysayers need to give this plug some time, or upgrade their monitors. This is the first time in years i got excited reading about a plug without even trying it. I don't think they need the hype and they know it. PSP is leagues beyond the Waves cpu friendly with comprise in sound quality attitude.
Kush, DMG, PSP. I swear you can blindly buy anything by those dudes and get a rock solid piece of software.
Old 26th December 2016
I didn't have any expectation when demoing this, thinking it would be yet another boring 1176 clone. But I have to say that I was very impressed by it. It sounds more clean and modern than the good hardware emulations but at the same time large, fat and organic. I found it behaved much better on the drum bus than the UAD 1176s, much thanks to the side-chain filter.
Seriously tempting to grab this one. It could very well become a go-to compressor for me.
Old 27th December 2016
How is the cpu hit?
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
How is the cpu hit?
About 2% for me.
Old 27th December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by heraldo_jones View Post
How is the cpu hit?
Reaper is showing 0.3% at 44.1kHz with my 2.5GHz i7. So very modest.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search