The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PSP FETpressor Dynamics Plugins
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

There won't ever be enough 1176
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy3 View Post
There won't ever be enough 1176
Except that it is not an 1176
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM Grabber View Post
Except that it is not an 1176
Yeah, I kind of wish they would have more closely modeled an 1176. The quality of the attack on this thing is up there with the Arousor. Not the biggest fan of the release curve, however.
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leckel1996 View Post
Yeah, I kind of wish they would have more closely modeled an 1176. The quality of the attack on this thing is up there with the Arousor. Not the biggest fan of the release curve, however.
I really like this one............. as it is more versatile than a plain 1176.

What I have found though, is that the release time can go from very fast to very sloooooow................ But that the numbers (release time) didn't fit to what my brain expected.
So it's important to dial in the release time by listening/by ear (attack too of corse), not worrying about the numbers around the knobs (the release knob in particilar).

Did I say I really like this one
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

Anyone compared it to the Overloud
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER STUDIOS View Post
Anyone compared it to the Overloud
Overloud:dull sound and slower release
Old 19th January 2017
Deleted c1b33bf
Anyone else find fetpressor makes sources like drums sound more 3-dimensional?
Really enjoying the depth of this compressor along with other software compressors and outboard stuff.
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

How is this on the master bus for character compression/glue/analog vibe etc?
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

One of the best all around comps available today. The swiss army knife I was looking for.

Having said that, they shouldn't have made it appear as an 1176 clone as it has little to do with it, especially sonically. It's much more hifi with much more extreme attack and release settings. And that's why it works so well on almost everything.
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Alright. I give in.

All the praise, and now that NAMM 40% discount....... sold.
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubthumper View Post
Alright. I give in.

All the praise, and now that NAMM 40% discount....... sold.
Same. 40% NAMM discount + 20% personal existing customer discount... can't resist.
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
Same. 40% NAMM discount + 20% personal existing customer discount... can't resist.
How / where do we get this NAMM discount?
Old 21st January 2017
Gear Head

Hey,

enter NAMM2017 at discount thingy when buying on their webstore.. Good til Monday
Old 27th January 2017
Lives for gear

This is a really terrific plugin.

Congrats to all at PSP. You've done it again.

Old 27th January 2017
Lives for gear

This plugin has been all over my sessions from the past two weeks.
Old 27th January 2017
Lives for gear

I can understand that.

It sounds so open and detailed, and has *stacks* of control over attack and release.

It cost me $73 Australian. Incredible value.

Thanks again PSP. You guys are one the best DSP software development teams on the planet.
Old 11th May 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG View Post
Love PSP stuff here.

Seems like there are always issues with AAX in PT. I have installed/uninstalled/installed both with and without the Multi-installer and the plugin is unresponsive. When I click on the knobs to change parameter I get this constantly:

Access violation occurred, unable to read location: 0xFFFFFFFF868AA170

When I click ok PT immediately crashes.
Same problem here
Windows 10 PT 12.7
Getting this problem in PT12.7.1 as well now I've switched from Mac to PC, anyone get anywhere with solving it? Got a lot of issues with Vintagewarmer2 as well
Old 9th August 2017
This is an incredible plugin! So much vibe and detail. I love PSP Plugins. The E27 is hands down the best EQ plugin out there. I have the hardware and it the software is legit! The 2445 Is gorgeous as well! They deserve to be right up there. They are my favorite plugin company! I also forgot to mention the old timer comp and the stomp box plugs. Really cool tools!
Old 11th August 2017
Gear Maniac

"The E27 is hands down the best EQ plugin out there"
What makes the E27 the best eq plugin? I haven't tried it yet but have most things from PSP.
Old 11th August 2017
Lives for gear

The E27 gets rough quickly when you push it but it can be a very pleasant characterful tone shaper when doing subtle moves. You can even just throw it on a track with the transformer emulation activated (no EQ) to give it a little "something". PSP really know what they're doing.
Old 9th February 2018
Lives for gear
E27 is great.
Fetpressor is great.

E27 has become my goto, and since my new PC build, I can run MANY instances just fine on a full mix (70 or 90+ at 88.2k with all bands/extras on for example). However, with the cpu spike issue in Pro Tools 12 this can often cause issues as it's a bit hungry and spikes up for a second. Both plugs could do with bug fixes for the AAX versions. E27 doesn't resize properly in Pro tools you have to close and open it again (latest version). And could still do with some CPU optimisation if possible, even though the sound is great, love it, and wouldn't want it ruined for CPU I'm sure they can fix these things if they want?

I'd love to use E27 and Fetpressor as reliable go-tos in my PT's default comp/eq slots but sometimes I have to go easy on them in PT due to that). In Studio One no such issue, 70+ E27's as said...

Please look at the issues in the AAX versions PSP. Also It's time to update that bottom menu bar, it's very old fashioned now and clunky and the a/b buttons are useless as you know which one you are one when testing (have to move across) rather than just clicking to a/b with a swappable button.

Other than that, PSP has become my favourite plug-in maker thanks to these two plugs alone (esp E27). Would love to see the GUIS tidied up a bit on both even though I mostly mix with my eyes closed (on a controller), I feel that for many easily visually swayed, these plugs would get a lot more credit if they LOOKED as good as they sound, and looked as tidy as Slate, UAD etc. (though the E27 is a great looking plug in mimicking the hardware I love that but again that ugly bottom bar and 'plain' text just stuck on.) Would love a BLUE STRIPE REV A 1176 from PSP, look at slate's VMR version (the vintage one) it's great for 'rock vox' on recording, presence and that quality we want from the blue stripe. PSP would do it even better I'm sure if they went for it, doubt they would ever look as nice though (but then.. no stupid virtual rack either - you win some you lose some )
Old 10th February 2018
Lives for gear

Agreed. Their preset menu is archaic. I easily forgive that because the E27 and FetPressor are intensely good, but a menu facelift is way overdue.
Old 12th February 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensory View Post
Anyone else find fetpressor makes sources like drums sound more 3-dimensional?
Really enjoying the depth of this compressor along with other software compressors and outboard stuff.
Been using fet for the parallel drum bus for a year now . Typically start with the density preset and adjust from there. It does add depth. Such a quality plugin.
Old 18th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
It possesses the rarest quality... Transparent mojo
when I read transparent mojo I always think of the Atomic Squeeze Box
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

has anyone tried Dr Pepper settings on this yet?
Old 20th April 2018
Lives for gear

Yes, but what do you want to know about it? That's a very common setting, and what we often start with because it's a solid workhorse setting.
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Agreed. Their preset menu is archaic. I easily forgive that because the E27 and FetPressor are intensely good, but a menu facelift is way overdue.

Also the A/B plugin state thing is really counterintuitive. If you're not careful you can easily paste one state over the other without even noticing. They should do a simple "A/B" "Copy A to B" instead of red and green arrows everywhere and no idea even which state it's currently in.

But one thing with PSP is that they rarely update their plugins. You might wait years to even be able to use one in your DAW. Buspressor and MasterComp still don't work in FL Studio, at least mine. No replies from support requests so...
Old 21st April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Also the A/B plugin state thing is really counterintuitive. If you're not careful you can easily paste one state over the other without even noticing. They should do a simple "A/B" "Copy A to B" instead of red and green arrows everywhere and no idea even which state it's currently in.

But one thing with PSP is that they rarely update their plugins. You might wait years to even be able to use one in your DAW. Buspressor and MasterComp still don't work in FL Studio, at least mine. No replies from support requests so...
Have you had problems with PSP plugins? They've been stable for us over the years, and I assumed that's why they didn't update often, because they don't require updates.
Old 21st April 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:

I don't know FL Studio well but I was planning on getting a version and learning it. I find it odd that a vst 2 plug in doesnt work in it. is that common with other vst2 or vst3 plugins?

BTW, I think fetpressor is awesome. I also ended up getting E27 after seeing some talk on here about it. Amazing sound eq. Not surgical but nice sound.
Old 22nd April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
They've been stable for us over the years, and I assumed that's why they didn't update often, because they don't require updates.
That's what I found as well.

In their case, it's actually and advantage.

I gave up on PSP when they switched to iLok copy protection (and I tried to sell off as many plug-ins as possible - can't say I miss FETpressor or E27 - good riddance...).

I recently found that my favourites (that I haven't sold), like Oldtimer, Buspressor and NobleQ, still use the good, reasonable copy protection because they haven't been updated. Great.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search