The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 27th December 2016
  #241
Gear Maniac
 

Just installed Nebula4 on Windows 10 with Sonar Platinum as VST3 Plugin 64 bit.

Everything works great.
If you have been put off by the Nebula GUI so far you guys will love the new simple mode! No more clutter, just the necessary parameters in a nice layout.
I like it
Old 27th December 2016
  #242
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannymac View Post
Just installed Nebula4 on Windows 10 with Sonar Platinum as VST3 Plugin 64 bit.

Everything works great.
If you have been put off by the Nebula GUI so far you guys will love the new simple mode! No more clutter, just the necessary parameters in a nice layout.
I like it
How does it handle large libraries? Do you think you will miss Nebula Setups?
Old 27th December 2016
  #243
Lives for gear
 

Nebula SetUPS is invaluable to Neb-3.

As for N4 ... I wonder if this will be replaced via User Presets like other plugins ?
Old 27th December 2016
  #244
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Nebula SetUPS is invaluable to Neb-3.

As for N4 ... I wonder if this will be replaced via User Presets like other plugins ?
Thanks RJ.

So right now the solution isn't clear?

If they could build a clean menu structure (presets), that would be great.
Old 27th December 2016
  #245
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_of_ours View Post
It's the general consensus among Nebula users that there are some real Nebula gems in the 3rd party libraries. This is how I look at it:

Consoles: Get a bunch of Alex B's

EQs: Get Alex's for the more traditional EQs, and go with Tim P's for the more esoteric stuff.

Compressors: Alex and Tim both offer a wide range of choices that are great

Esoteric stuff in general: Go with Olonga. His Mic library is amazing. And also check out Signaltonoize. Eric at Signaltonoize has sample a ton of intriguing things. His "powered buss" will literally lift your mix and give it punch.

For Reverbs: Go with AITB. Their libraries are set up in the most simple ready to use way.

For other cool esoteric stuff ... check out CDSoundmaster. Their libraries are older ... but some of them are hard to beat. The Drum Compressor is very useful, and the reverbs in The Producer Pack are the only real room reverbs that I am aware of for Nebula, and they sound great. CDSoundmaster is a great resource for tapes and tubes as well.
Thanks so much for that man! That is awesome. Will definitely jump on this and give some of this stuff a try. Thanks again
Old 27th December 2016
  #246
Lives for gear
 

I mention PreSets because that was a new feature brought into ACQUA plugins [even if only elementary].

The guy behind NebSetUPS is also ZAB for N4 development. In beta, we've already brought this up. Although we will be busy first testing out
issue that have surfaced ... I have a sense of confidence that there is a more 'elegant' solution in the plan for N4. Don't want to speculate further
till I have reliable specifics ....
Old 27th December 2016
  #247
Viking4
Guest
Hello there,

I wanted to congratulate Giancarlo and the Acustica team on the N4 release. I have been happily using Acqua plugins for a while, but finally decided to take the Nebula plunge with N4.

N4 has been rock solid on my system (Win 10, i7-4790k, Reaper 5.30.) I have been primarily testing the pre-amps and tapes, and CPU usage is fairly low, on the order of 1% CPU or less per instance (using the non-ZL versions.) I can stack instances without problems.

I am looking forward to testing out the sonics on a full mix. I consider N4 to be a fantastic value with everything that is already included in the Acustica stock N4 libraries, especially if the sonics hold up to my Acqua experience. Hopefully 3rd party developers will jump on board soon.

It's unfortunate some people are having issues. I am sure the Acustica team will try to sort it out after the holidays. Giancarlo, take a break man, I saw how much you were on here on Christmas Day!

Old 27th December 2016
  #248
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I mention PreSets because that was a new feature brought into ACQUA plugins [even if only elementary].

The guy behind NebSetUPS is also ZAB for N4 development. In beta, we've already brought this up. Although we will be busy first testing out
issue that have surfaced ... I have a sense of confidence that there is a more 'elegant' solution in the plan for N4. Don't want to speculate further
till I have reliable specifics ....
Yeah, Setups takes a few minutes to figure out, but now it's like a breeze for me to create custom plugins. I am glad that Zab is involved in Neb4. He has always been easy to communicate with. I think he will know what we need with regard to an easy setup method moving forward.
Old 27th December 2016
  #249
Gear Maniac
 
zabukowski's Avatar
Nebula Setups is currently not compatible with N4. For now it remains in Nebula3 domain only.

There are a lot of new features planned for Nebula4 in the next year, setups support is also on the list. How and when ... i guess it is too early for details.
Old 27th December 2016
  #250
Gear Maniac
 

Can someone write clear answer please: how I see from many comments currently N4 has problem with 3rd part libraries if them are installed on external HDD with edited .xml file, right? It is on PC, MAC or both?
I have 62GB of vectors files and I can't put them in default system folder, so if it is confirmed problem unfortunately I cant buy, but I would like :(( Please confirm. Thanks!
Old 27th December 2016
  #251
Lives for gear
 
filterfreak's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_of_ours View Post

(And because I won't buy your upgrade, you say that I am never going to buy a new computer or new plugins ... again that just sounds strange. So basically I am a stupid cave man because I won't buy your upgrade. Come on, sir. Be authentic.)
I get the impression that you are searching for the hair in the soup rather than beeing constructive.

Reading this threat...if I was Zaphod, I wouldn´t even post on GS anymore.
Old 27th December 2016
  #252
Hi Guys

If someone have a minute and can give a plain instruction on how to open nebula 3 libraries in 4th version on mac os x that would be great. In my case I have some analoginthebox libraries (i have moved programs and vectors to respective directory in nebula 4 folder but they dont show once its opened). Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 27th December 2016
  #253
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiq View Post
Hi Guys

If someone have a minute and can give a plain instruction on how to open nebula 3 libraries in 4th version on mac os x that would be great. In my case I have some analoginthebox libraries (i have moved programs and vectors to respective directory in nebula 4 folder but they dont show once its opened). Thanks in advance for your help.
have you installed the libs in the AnalogInTheBox folder under AlternativeDataPath?
this could be the problem, they have to be in the regular programs/vectors folder under nebula4temprepository
Old 27th December 2016
  #254
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_of_ours View Post
I'm a sincere Nebula 3 user who hasn't found a legitimate reason to upgrade to Nebula 4 yet.

Take a breath, bro.
OMG lol for the sincere part. I think noone will throw energy to convince you in to anything and noone is forcing you to anything. If you don't like N4 and you think it is waste of resources and that DEV need to pull every changelog exisitng out there to convince you just OMG. That part where you calling him for not remembering what he fixed in 2014 forced me to decide to put you in block list.

To me it is looking like you are trolling. Something like: heeey convince me to upgrade....then dev tell you what is different but then you start to twist everything in to oblivion and trying to put your self under "sincere" picture...omg i feel sorry for developer having customer like you.

Bye man.
Old 27th December 2016
  #255
Quote:
Originally Posted by holographic View Post
have you installed the libs in the AnalogInTheBox folder under AlternativeDataPath?
this could be the problem, they have to be in the regular programs/vectors folder under nebula4temprepository
hi

thanks for chiming in on this one. i have moved those libraries from nebula 3 program and vectors folder to /Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula4 programs and vectors directory. At least that was my understanding to do it this way.
Old 27th December 2016
  #256
Lives for gear
 

Any Mac/Pro Tools users got to work yet? Thanks
Old 27th December 2016
  #257
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiq View Post
hi

thanks for chiming in on this one. i have moved those libraries from nebula 3 program and vectors folder to /Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula4 programs and vectors directory. At least that was my understanding to do it this way.
hmmm, can´t tell the exact path on mac as im on windows but it should be on the same location than nebula3 libs beside of beeing in the nebula4temprepository instead of NebulaTempRepository
Old 27th December 2016
  #258
Here for the gear
 

I just want to know when do the Christmas and the Pre-order sale end.
Old 27th December 2016
  #259
Lives for gear
 

You guys arel absolutely brutal to this developer in this thread.
Old 27th December 2016
  #260
Quote:
Originally Posted by holographic View Post
hmmm, can´t tell the exact path on mac as im on windows but it should be on the same location than nebula3 libs beside of beeing in the nebula4temprepository instead of NebulaTempRepository
Hi

Thanks again for trying but still no luck. Is there anyone with mac os that was able to add 3rd libraries from Nebula 3 ? If so please be so kind and write a short instruction of how to do this. Thanks in advance.
Old 27th December 2016
  #261
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
OMG lol for the sincere part. I think noone will throw energy to convince you in to anything and noone is forcing you to anything. If you don't like N4 and you think it is waste of resources and that DEV need to pull every changelog exisitng out there to convince you just OMG. That part where you calling him for not remembering what he fixed in 2014 forced me to decide to put you in block list.

To me it is looking like you are trolling. Something like: heeey convince me to upgrade....then dev tell you what is different but then you start to twist everything in to oblivion and trying to put your self under "sincere" picture...omg i feel sorry for developer having customer like you.

Bye man.
Of course I was being sincere. I was asking for a legitimate reason based on actual facts as to why I should upgrade. I have not gotten one. I got a lot of vague information without particulars. The developer himself said he would go look up the reasons when he had time. That's just strange.

Furthermore, Nebula Setups is not currently supported, and many people are having problems accessing their Nebula 3 libraries through Nebula 4. Alternative path is not functioning properly.

So yes, I am currently quite content with Nebula 3, and I am content with not upgrading to 4 until Acustica works out the above issues. I am a serious Nebula user with thousands of dollars invested in libraries. Don't try to brush me off just because I am not on the Neb4 fanboy bandwagon.

Good luck to all.

And perhaps one day Acustica will hire someone who communicates in a clear concise and polite manner.
Old 27th December 2016
  #262
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
OMG lol for the sincere part. I think noone will throw energy to convince you in to anything and noone is forcing you to anything. If you don't like N4 and you think it is waste of resources and that DEV need to pull every changelog exisitng out there to convince you just OMG. That part where you calling him for not remembering what he fixed in 2014 forced me to decide to put you in block list.

To me it is looking like you are trolling. Something like: heeey convince me to upgrade....then dev tell you what is different but then you start to twist everything in to oblivion and trying to put your self under "sincere" picture...omg i feel sorry for developer having customer like you.

Bye man.
so you block him first and then write him responses?

who is insincere here?
Old 27th December 2016
  #263
Gear Addict
 
Sgalb's Avatar
 

10 points for whoever can tell me why I'm not seeing anything in 'finder' when I have the n2p and n2v files in the programs and vectors folders or why my knobs all move back down to the bottom (like it's not authorized) even though I have the aut file where the ser files are..

Edit: the 'please authorize' message is gone as well
Old 27th December 2016
  #264
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
You guys arel absolutely brutal to this developer in this thread.
"brutal" is relative.

Bugs are "brutal" to users more than criticism to the developer
for bugs and other unsavory selling practices IMO.

Check the acustica audio forum on N4 dated Tuesday 27 december:

quoted verbatim:

user: "My Logic DAW crashed like over 40-50 times just trying to get the alternativedatapath work with Ext HDD "

developer: "Unfortunately we cannot replicate it using our libraries
So it is something specific of 3rd libraries, but I don't have those libraries with me, and I'm on vacation till 9 jan. "

Translation: while you are stewing on the bugware I sold you, I am vacationing with your money.

Nice! That is what I call "brutal".

Go ahead, you tell me who is brutal to who.
Old 27th December 2016
  #265
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Why do you think it is brutal?
I'm on vacations and I cannot access those libraries till I'm back to the office!
Tell me what is wrong with that
Cosnyc please stop putting in other mouths things which were never said. You are close to diffamation. I'm telling you this nicely.


- if the product is not compliant *for some reason* (because you cannot test like in this case) we provide normally refunds if asked so your sarcasm is highly not justified. You are proven to be wrong many many times, we never denied a refund if the product was not working, even if sometimes it was not completely a fault of us
- this bug in any case is raised with 3rd party libraries. Often we don't receive libraries to test, we have to ask and sometimes they are denied. I'll do my best for FIXING things of other developers (most of bugs on specific 3rd party developers is a consequence of tuning without a proper knowledge of the platform. If nat automatic tools are used there is no reason for a new bug, because in such case the developer would create an item completely matched with an other which was betatested extensively by us)
- anyway for checking issues from other developers I need to have physically those libraries. It is possible I'll need an help from those developers, because I need to know what they did. It requires time.
- we try to maintain the backward compatilibity with 3rd party developers as much as possible. It is our interest to keep it. But there is not a contract on both sides, so if unfortunately something doesn't work it is not necessarily a fault of mine or them.

If you don't think it is correct, go to steinberg thread and start complaining the "backlist"feature accusting them they are stealing money from customers because a plugin you bought is not working in cubase 9. We are in the same exact position: a 3rd party software is not working as expected. The fact that a software was working in cubase 8 and not in cubase 9 doesn't mean the fault is necessarily on steinberg side.

Last edited by zaphod; 27th December 2016 at 07:40 PM..
Old 27th December 2016
  #266
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
"brutal" is relative.

Bugs are "brutal" to users more than criticism to the developer
for bugs and other unsavory selling practices IMO.

Check the acustica audio forum on N4 dated Tuesday 27 december:

quoted verbatim:

user: "My Logic DAW crashed like over 40-50 times just trying to get the alternativedatapath work with Ext HDD "

developer: "Unfortunately we cannot replicate it using our libraries
So it is something specific of 3rd libraries, but I don't have those libraries with me, and I'm on vacation till 9 jan. "

Translation: while you are stewing on the bugware I sold you, I am vacationing with your money.

Nice! That is what I call "brutal".

Go ahead, you tell me who is brutal to who.

Well, for one. You are brutal for assuming that a man is not allowed a well earned rest, because he sold you something!
Do you think Bill Gates would give a toss if your Windows wasn't working while he was playing beachball in the Canaries????
Perspective, my man. At least you have an ear! Don't abuse it!
Old 27th December 2016
  #267
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Why do you think it is brutal?
I'm on vacations and I cannot access those libraries till I'm back to the office!
Tell me what is wrong with that
Cosnyc please stop putting in other mouths things which were never said. You are close to diffamation. I'm telling you this nicely.
.
First it is called "defamation".

Second, defamation requires that a false statement is made.
By my providing exact quotes from your own threads including verbatim
your own words, you - not me - are the source of any falsehoods.


Third, one key reason why N4 does not currently work well with the 3rd party
libraries is that, per your web site and staff postings as of last week, all major
3rd party developers have not signed up for N4.


As a result they did not do any of the 3rd party library debugging that
you could have asked them to do if they had been on board.

It is called the law of unintended consequences...
Old 27th December 2016
  #268
Gear Addict
 
Sgalb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
- this bug in any case is raised with 3rd party libraries.
Can we focus on why the ones that come with nebula won't show up then, please?

Bought it right away (after i figured out why paypal was blocking purchases from your site)and haven't even heard the thing.
Old 27th December 2016
  #269
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
Well, for one. You are brutal for assuming that a man is not allowed a well earned rest, because he sold you something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
Do you think Bill Gates would give a toss if your Windows wasn't working while he was playing beachball in the Canaries????
)
why use just one straw man defense argument when you can use two?
Old 27th December 2016
  #270
Gear Nut
 

You guys are pretty aggressive. Why? N4 is the future and it is on presale right now, you could call it beta. it will be updated and fixed, but than you have to pay the full price for it.
I am on Nebula 3 pro since 2010 and did not pay for a single upgrade, after all those years it feels fair to do that now.
I invested in the future of this incredible mixing tool, why not? N3 serves me perfectly well right now, I installed N4 and am in the process of testing various 3rd party libs in my spare time. Everything's works, except the "plates of legend" they consume much more cpu cycles than on N3, but I am sure that will be sorted.
Everything else, CDSM, Cupwise, T. Petherick, VNXT, AITB and so on, EQs and Compressors, just work.
I miss the Custom Skins and of course Nebula Setups, but as I said, N3 works perfectly fine right now.
N4 seems to load libs a little faster and all the libs I tested null in the Phase cancellation test perfectly. So, at least in my system, the plugin sounds the same as N3 with third party libs, but I might just be lucky with N3.
I sincerely hope the 3rd party library guys are joining the boat and everything, but I understand that Nebula has to go on and if those guys do not follow, thats just how it is, sad but well...
I am really looking forward to what Nebula will bring to the table in the future.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump