The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 26th December 2016
  #181
Lives for gear
 
ROCKER STUDIOS's Avatar
Okay first time nebula user first impression the rose compressor I thought was great The YROY didn't use it on enough sources or for very long but didn't care for it much just throwing it up real quick setup was fairly easy as I'm used to AA setups but the ser file with 2 n4 was confusing thanks to gearslutz I figured it out I just quickly ran through a bunch of different sounds some of them sounded great some of them were okay some of the EQs I was throwing low end on my bass guitar sounded amazing I see how it works though only one frequency at the time so I tried to stack 2 plugins that's where the trouble became kept getting error messages too much CPU power couldn't run two of them on the same track then after I took them all off my session kept telling me I was out of CPU power without any other plugins so I had to reboot overall seems like there's some really good sounds in the package not sure how usable it will be in a session yet but at this early point I'm not disappointed yet so I suppose I could get some third-party files anybody have any recommendations 4A newbie

Last edited by ROCKER STUDIOS; 26th December 2016 at 02:56 AM..
Old 26th December 2016
  #182
Lives for gear
 
ROCKER STUDIOS's Avatar
Oh here we go with my love-hate relationship **** corrupted my session had to restart
Attached Thumbnails
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out!-20161225_170936-picsay.jpg  
Old 26th December 2016
  #183
Lives for gear
 
ROCKER STUDIOS's Avatar
So Once again as a Nebula (EQ)rookie is this how it works 1 frequency at a time?? how can you mix that way??
Old 26th December 2016
  #184
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER STUDIOS View Post
So Once again as a Nebula (EQ)rookie is this how it works 1 frequency at a time?? how can you mix that way??
LOL..that's exactly why I didn't get into Nebula until Acquas started coming out. I thought the same as well plus you used to have to download the libraries with torrent files if I recall.
Old 26th December 2016
  #185
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER STUDIOS View Post
So Once again as a Nebula (EQ)rookie is this how it works 1 frequency at a time?? how can you mix that way??
For the initial release of N4 ... yes.

The next phase to come will house multiple. They want to be certain that the initial release gets ironed out.

For many of us .... we have worked with Nebula-3 just this way... for years.
Old 26th December 2016
  #186
Lives for gear
 
ROCKER STUDIOS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
For the initial release of N4 ... yes.

The next phase to come will house multiple. They want to be certain that the initial release gets ironed out.

For many of us .... we have worked with Nebula-3 just this way... for years.
but how do you do it you can't stack them how do you mix with only one EQ band on a source
Old 26th December 2016
  #187
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER STUDIOS View Post
but how do you do it you can't stack them how do you mix with only one EQ band on a source
For every band needed, just load in another NEBULA.
Could be 3 or 4 on a track depending, in which case, we use a combination of the CLEAN Presets along with a FULL Preset to maintain harmonic accuracy of the hardware.

Combined with NEBULA Consoles, Pre-Amps, and or TAPES ... often times, much less EQ is needed [compared to only algos].

There are plenty of special techniques we have used over the years to maximize the workflow [which is something we had to adapt in exchange for the sonics].

The ACQUA format simplifies the process ... but internally, N4 and ACQUA are of similar concept [Engine].

Personally, for my work, I still have preference for NEBULA libraries. Yes, there are ACQUAs that I do like too ... I call on either based on the need.
Old 26th December 2016
  #188
Lives for gear
 
ROCKER STUDIOS's Avatar
Yeah I guess it's not going to work for me because I stack two of them I ran out of CPU power Mac Pro2012 24 thread 3.6 El captain wouldn't think it was the weakest system out there but I guess so
Old 26th December 2016
  #189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER STUDIOS View Post
Yeah I guess it's not going to work for me because I stack two of them I ran out of CPU power Mac Pro2012 24 thread 3.6 El captain wouldn't think it was the weakest system out there but I guess so
Sounds like it might not work for me either then. I'm only interested in this for eqs, and as I own and am satisfied with lime, sand and purple, I'm not sure I need this anyways.
Old 26th December 2016
  #190
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER STUDIOS View Post
So Once again as a Nebula (EQ)rookie is this how it works 1 frequency at a time?? how can you mix that way??
If you want to EQ with Acustica technology, then demo either LIME or SAND. They have 4 bands simultaneously accessible. I agree that the one band per instance Nebula method can be really irritating. Another sad fact is that Windows users can get way more instances of Aqua plug-ins running than Mac users. So some people actually run their Mac DAW in Boot Camp so they can get the additional instances. However, Reaper is supposed to be more efficient than other DAWs with Aqua so you may want to look into that. I'm on Studio One and am considering moving to Reaper for future projects
Old 26th December 2016
  #191
Lives for gear
 
ROCKER STUDIOS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
If you want to EQ with Acustica technology, then demo either LIME or SAND. They have 4 bands simultaneously accessible. I agree that the one band per instance Nebula method can be really irritating. Another sad fact is that Windows users can get way more instances of Aqua plug-ins running than Mac users. So some people actually run their Mac DAW in Boot Camp so they can get the additional instances. However, Reaper is supposed to be more efficient than other DAWs with Aqua so you may want to look into that. I'm on Studio One and am considering moving to Reaper for future projects
yes I own almost all the AA AAX plugs lime Coral purple honey Ivory 2 Emerald magenta White 2 sand
Old 26th December 2016
  #192
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER STUDIOS View Post
Yeah I guess it's not going to work for me because I stack two of them I ran out of CPU power Mac Pro2012 24 thread 3.6 El captain wouldn't think it was the weakest system out there but I guess so
Strange just yesterday I had no problem with stacking few nebulas on one track on my mac mini quad 2012 in studio one. I guess it might be something with pro tools then.
Old 26th December 2016
  #193
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Well nebula is less efficient when we use the previous nebula 3 format. It is the reason for the upgrade: we'll add compatibility for both acqua plugins and acqua libraries.
They are already working, we are in debug mode
Possibly we'll present them at namm
Acqua libraries are the solution for high nebula cpu cost. Several developers are already working on the new format
Said that, the compressor library has the same cpu load as sand bus4, lime bus88 and all our acqua compressors in insane mode. If you tune program rate to 0.7 ms you have the same performances you find in our compressors when insane mode is deactivated
Old 26th December 2016
  #194
Here for the gear
20% off discount code for new purchase of Nebula4

As an AA dealer for Romania, I have one code with 20% off discount for a happy user that is not upgrading from Nebula 3 (since discounts don't add up), so available only for a new customer of Nebula 4). Hit me up by private message, please! Merry Xmas and happy tweaking!
Old 26th December 2016
  #195
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER STUDIOS View Post
but how do you do it you can't stack them how do you mix with only one EQ band on a source
Single band seems limiting, but you can mix the bands of different EQ's for varying flavour and I've found that you listen to small tonal changes better.

A steep learning curve ok, but the quality is worth it.
Just acquired Henry Olongas All You Can Eat.
I'm like a dog with two tails looking in there.
Old 26th December 2016
  #196
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggo Myrtle View Post
Sounds like it might not work for me either then. I'm only interested in this for eqs, and as I own and am satisfied with lime, sand and purple, I'm not sure I need this anyways.
I know the feeling but, consider also the consule sound flavours they make an awful difference to the end product.
Old 26th December 2016
  #197
sbk
Here for the gear
 

Hello guys,

I still use some Acqua plugins (like White and Tan) and I will also be interested by the Nebula 4. So if I understand, Acqua plugins are a sort of "all in one" Nebula session ? For example we could have the same result for an eq if we put 1 Nebula for pre-amp and some others Nebula for each band ? Right ? Thx
Old 26th December 2016
  #198
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbk View Post
Hello guys,

I still use some Acqua plugins (like White and Tan) and I will also be interested by the Nebula 4. So if I understand, Acqua plugins are a sort of "all in one" Nebula session ? For example we could have the same result for an eq if we put 1 Nebula for pre-amp and some others Nebula for each band ? Right ? Thx
Yes, your often, but not always,basically adjusting one knob of an EQ, if you like,
but also there is often a 'drive' adjustment and bandwith.
That is just some EQ's, there's also, consule emulations, effects etc.
Try out the Free Neb. it's really worth it.
Old 26th December 2016
  #199
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by illsoulprod View Post
So besides editing the xml file is there a better way to move my libraries over to the new N4?
We are trouble-shooting the 'ALT PATH' function. Currently not working as planned.
Old 26th December 2016
  #200
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
We are trouble-shooting the 'ALT PATH' function. Currently not working as planned.
cool, do you mean the crashes happening with some 3rd party libs?
Old 26th December 2016
  #201
Lives for gear
 

It's a bit complicated, as I'm not totally clear of the culprit.

We are on alert for any troublesome Presets [3rd party or factory].

Concurrent to that ... we've been told that N4 will be adding additional 'Preset error' checking. Right now, N4 is more sensitive to bad Presets [which will need to be addressed]. All of which will lead to better sounding.

As to ALT-PATH .... that is said to be the goal, to share resources across N3 and N4. Meantime, we duplicate copies into the N4 repository manually.
Such is the course of transition. N4 is still very early into release, and the need to progress and solve initial issues before adding new variables.

A bit of a pain ... but is logical and efficient to the process.
Old 26th December 2016
  #202
njv
Gear Addict
Hi,

Im a Nebula 3 owner and would like to know how to get the upgrade discount.

Cheers.
Old 26th December 2016
  #203
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Check al your spam folders, otherwise open a ticket, they will generate a coupon
You'll have 20% if you are a nebula pro customer, 40% if you are a nebula server costumer
Old 26th December 2016
  #204
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
I know the feeling but, consider also the consule sound flavours they make an awful difference to the end product.
For sure. I've gone off the console emulations a bit since I started using a Rupert neve 5042 on the stereo bus, but I am keen to explore the lime consoles a bit more. Loving the lime b eq on most things. Superb.
Old 26th December 2016
  #205
Lives for gear
 

OSX - AAX When???
Old 26th December 2016
  #206
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydpik View Post
OSX - AAX When???
2 days ago wasn't it? Do you mean something different....does the one in customer downloads not work or something (I'm on Windows so can't confirm)
Old 26th December 2016
  #207
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Osx is ready! We uploaded it a couple of days ago!
Old 26th December 2016
  #208
sbk
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
Yes, your often, but not always,basically adjusting one knob of an EQ, if you like,
but also there is often a 'drive' adjustment and bandwith.
That is just some EQ's, there's also, consule emulations, effects etc.
Try out the Free Neb. it's really worth it.
Ok thank you, I'll try it
Old 26th December 2016
  #209
Lives for gear
 
andy3's Avatar
 

Also a couple of videos - well made and clear - for a newb (like me) would be helpful.
It's not much work to do and could make things a lot easier to get.

Is there a way to read the list of the istances/programs you have into N4 before installing the whole pack, please?

Old 26th December 2016
  #210
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy3 View Post
Also a couple of videos - well made and clear - for a newb (like me) would be helpful.
It's not much work to do and could make things a lot easier to get.

Is there a way to read the list of the istances/programs you have into N4 before installing the whole pack, please?

The challenge you are going to have is that Neb4 is new to everyone. There is tons of info on Neb3 out there but not Neb4.

For example, I know tons about Neb3 but almost nothing about Neb4. The only thing I can advise is that you go to the Acustica website and read all the relevant forums.

Nebula in general takes a long time to get a hold of. Be patient. The sounds is clearly different, but the learning curve is too.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump