The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 25th December 2016
Gear Head

I bought very happy with the plugin

But
I have problem with Nebula 4
After a few minutes of use in Pro Tools 12 Mac 10.9
Plug-frozen and does not react any button

And same problem with Nuendo 7
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

@zaphod

I've never worked with Nebula, but I've always been curious about it.
So ... Now with this new version, I might pull the plug.

I see you guys are running a 'special' right now.
For how long is that offer active ?

I am asking because this year Christmas is a very busy time over here,
and I sure would like to have time to test out the trial before I decide ... naturally ...

Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerlindberg View Post
So, downloaded the plugin and tried it out a little! Rose is awesome, as far as i tested it! Well done there.
N4 is snappy as hell! Well done again..

Got some questions, is there any way to direct N4 to N3 libraries, or must one keep two copies? (taking up double space on the drive)
If not, do i just move all the ones i got over to N4 P and V?
Are you suppose to be able to open more then one eq for example, in one instance of N4? That would be neat, but i havent found a way to do it. But it would be VERY neat, like an AA lunchbox.
The browser, open up behind N4 and when chosen a program it doesnt close, so i have to move N4 to be able to click on close on the browser, is that normal?
If so, i would suggest that when you chose a program, it should close imediatly and not be seen until i press to see librarys again.
You can direct N4 to read N3 libs. Use the alternativedatapath systax but as of now, its kinda broken and AA is looking into a fix. And yes, you can move all your P & V into N4.

We can only open one instance like the usual way we use Neb3. We will probably have to wait and see when they can offer this feature where we can have few Eq instances in one N4.

To keep the browser on top and auto close, open N4.settings with a text editor and set this setting below:

<ALWAYSONTOP> 1 </ALWAYSONTOP>
<AUTOCLOSE> 1 </AUTOCLOSE>
Old 25th December 2016
Here for the gear

Can I run the previous nebula 3 version with the N4 licence?
I need to be compatible with a client who runs nebula 3 in a lot of projects.
Old 25th December 2016
Gear Nut

I downloaded the trial versions of preamps and compressors but don't find the Nebula 4 file anywhere.
Not installed when I opened and installed the trial versions?
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

watching this thread from the beginning has been hilarious.

Developer puts out new product for Win and OSX... except, not for OSX... oh, wait, "we found it" so here it is.

It has the ability to do lots of things, but "we don't have a manual for that until sometime after the holidays"...

Four pages of people who cannot figure out how to get through the extremely silly authorization process. Failed purchase pages. etc.

What a mess.

But honestly, that is the history of this company. If you like the sound of their products, great.. but the hoops you have to jump through and hope for the best, not to mention they're going to create a new product in three weeks that will render the one you just bought useless... just WTF.
Old 25th December 2016
OMU
Lives for gear

Indeed. Their releases are messy. Still no Lime for mac and another 2 new products were 'released' meanwhile.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammy80 View Post
watching this thread from the beginning has been hilarious.

Developer puts out new product for Win and OSX... except, not for OSX... oh, wait, "we found it" so here it is.

It has the ability to do lots of things, but "we don't have a manual for that until sometime after the holidays"...

Four pages of people who cannot figure out how to get through the extremely silly authorization process. Failed purchase pages. etc.

What a mess.

But honestly, that is the history of this company. If you like the sound of their products, great.. but the hoops you have to jump through and hope for the best, not to mention they're going to create a new product in three weeks that will render the one you just bought useless... just WTF.
mac osx is out. It was released a day later, it happens for all our releases. Windows version is released 1/2 days later the mac osx veersion.

Lime osx had a big update since users asked for more preamps. Not all companies are simply doubling the number of features in less than 1 month and for free. Lime was released in presale for black friday, and the presale is still active. Users received crazy 88 plugins immediatly, now they are receiving a completely new preamp which doubles the number of emulations, and a strip channel for windows completely debugged is out.. And I'm promising mac osx fix before the end of the year.

We sampled a console again, booked things in december, tested it and even fixed bugs. We released both mac osx and windows but there was a very small issue on a preamp (this device is featuring tons of things, not just a "preamp"). Anyway we fixed it. Windows fix was released yesterday, so we worked even on 24th december in order to deliver it asap. Mac osx will be released before the end of the year.

Call it silly or hilarious, but we promised nebula4 before the end of the year and we did it. We promised the upgrade of ALL compressors to core8/9 before the end of the year and we did it, last one was titanium and it was released in the middle of december.
Users asked for nebula4 an "example" of nebula4 libraries in order to judge the new engine and we did it (we prepared the yroy library for the release in less than a week).
Users asked for a more reliable engine for sand and we did it.

The whole nebula4 thing is a big release composed by thousands of different components and around 25 gigabytes of data. They are 2 platforms and this time we added even the vst3 support, we forgot even to announce it. Number of complians is very very low.

Slammy do you know why our previous products are "useless"? because the new ones are better.
Are your heroes releasing "better" products?

edit: what "manual" are you speaking about? we are speaking about a "manual procedure" for using nebula4 engine as a nebula3 engine. We'll simply explain it later. The user manual was obviously delivered perfectly in time.

Last edited by zaphod; 25th December 2016 at 05:13 PM..
Old 25th December 2016
Gear Addict

Where am I supposed to put the libraries, in the nebula4temprepository folder or in my vstplugins folder?

Only used nebula 3 free so this is all new to me.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
[...]
Call it silly or hilarious, but we promised nebula4 before the end of the year and we did it. We promised the upgrade of ALL compressors to core8/9 before the end of the year and we did it,[...]
Users asked for nebula4 an "example" of nebula4 libraries in order to judge the new engine and we did it [...]
Users asked for a more reliable engine for sand and we did it.
congrats on hitting your targets. i know how hard that can be. i'm looking forward to full delivery of Lime.
Old 25th December 2016
OMU
Lives for gear

Adding some 'preamps' is not doubling the features.

It is indeed important to hit targets. As long as they are hit, not just rushed because it's the end of 2016. Nebula4 makes no sense to me as long as it's not able to open multiple instances/racks.

It's just a prettier Nebula 3 with some new compressors, which, from what I read, seems to be hungrier then its older sister
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

After all the complaints about the poor authorization & website handling why on earth didn't you make that a priority instead of releasing products that aren't fully tested or working properly?

You're shooting yourself in the foot by not taking care of important & necessary issues. That's been your downfall in the past & that negative reputation will only continue to worsen unless you handle it asap.

After what, 3 years of developing N4 you've decided to roll it out this way?

It boggles the mind!
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Well, what is not important to you maybe is important for other people! That feature you are requesting will be added later though.
Nebula is lighter, unless you run things at higher rates. But if you relax constraints a bit it could be very light (and now it is possible: you can build light compressors by yourself just increasing prog rate). Main feature of this engine, it is natively multi-instance, we'll add acqua support very very soon.

About those preamps: number of presets is exactly doubled. If you don't think it is important, than actual pre is already the final version, and strip version is already working today (console b is the new one and it is the faulty one, other things are working)
Old 25th December 2016
OMU
Lives for gear

Yeah. Except I don't have the strip because it was not uploaded yet. First because somebody caught a cold (!), then because of a bug (?), and now because it's Christmas. Well...
Old 25th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Indeed. Their releases are messy. Still no Lime for mac and another 2 new products were 'released' meanwhile.
if it is any consolation to you, lime in windows
is mostly broken. I am still waitng for a fully working
strip.

Heck if i buy a new product from acustica before all products
i own are fixed. And I mean fully 100% debugged.

This game of selling pre alpha software at premium prices
has become beyond silly.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by telluride View Post
After all the complaints about the poor authorization & website handling why on earth didn't you make that a priority instead of releasing products that aren't fully tested or working properly?

You're shooting yourself in the foot by not taking care of important & necessary issues. That's been your downfall in the past & that negative reputation will only continue to worsen unless you handle it asap.

After what, 3 years of developing N4 you've decided to roll it out this way?

It boggles the mind!
Because we are working on them and we want to be sure to be innovative on them too.
You will see.
Now my next promise, we'll deliver them on next year.

N4 IS innovative. You will understand it the first time you will load the new compressor library.
We are providing in this cheap product 10 times the things other developers are placing on a single release and you have been waiting for ages.
This IS nebula 4
Old 25th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Adding some 'preamps' is not doubling the features.

It is indeed important to hit targets. As long as they are hit, not just rushed because it's the end of 2016. Nebula4 makes no sense to me as long as it's not able to open multiple instances/racks.
this exactly
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
if it is any consolation to you, lime in windows
is mostly broken. I am still waitng for a fully working
strip.

Heck if i buy a new product from acustica before all products
i own are fixed. And I mean fully 100% debugged.

This game of selling pre alpha software at premium prices
has become beyond silly.
We released a new version yesterday. An other user just said the opposite.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
this exactly
If you are interested in old preamps you have a full working version since day 1
Yes you miss the strip... Which was delivered within the presale period, yesterday on Windows
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Please start a new thread when the Mac OS version is ready??
Old 25th December 2016
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
this cheap product
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Most of users are buying it as a 100 EUR upgrade
Other ones 130. People who never bought nebula 167. There are dozens of compressor emulations, a new acqua compressor, a skinned library, a new architecture based on a multi instance engine.
Seriously even for the highest price, 167 you have more compressors than what you'll ever use
Other companies are charging recently 130 for a SINGLE compressor emulation, the cheapest ones are around 30. This product is cheaper than subscriptions and it is your product forever. We released nebula3 in 2007 and we have been upgrading it for 10 years. 30000 emulations for the platform, many of them accessible at very low rates or free.
Seriously do you think we are expensive with nebula?
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Because we are working on them and we want to be sure to be innovative on them too.
You will see.
Now my next promise, we'll deliver them on next year.

N4 IS innovative. You will understand it the first time you will load the new compressor library.
We are providing in this cheap product 10 times the things other developers are placing on a single release and you have been waiting for ages.
This IS nebula 4
Yeah, we continually hear that mantra.

You're always working on them. No finished product that works, always being re samples, re-worked. Customers do the ongoing beta testing finding bugs, issues & down right obvious mistakes that your other beta testers can't seem to find.
Old 25th December 2016
OMU
Lives for gear

Zaphod, I know exactly what you are trying to say, but calling a 200+ euros plugin cheap nowadays is an obviously wrong choice of words. Call it a better deal or anything, but not cheap because it isn't.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by telluride View Post
Yeah, we continually hear that mantra.

You're always working on them. No finished product that works, always being re samples, re-worked. Customers do the ongoing beta testing finding bugs, issues & down right obvious mistakes that your other beta testers can't seem to find.
Tell me what we should improve and we'll do.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Zaphod, I know exactly what you are trying to say, but calling a 200+ euros plugin cheap nowadays is an obviously wrong choice of words. Call it a better deal or anything, but not cheap because it isn't.
Ok let's speak about a new user.
167 eur, the annual price of a subscription he has:
- 500 emulations onboard (most of them awesome, there are several compressor emulations we could price easily in the 30-80 eur range)
- Access to 30000 emulations, thousands of them are free (ie olonga)

It is cheap. Just split the price for what you get and this is the cheapest plugin in the market (for the exception of free products)
Old 25th December 2016
OMU
Lives for gear

By going with this way of thinking, should we say that Kontakt is a cheaper plugin than Nebula then?

Joking aside, telluride complained about some specific things, then you're asking him what to change (wtf?, sorry, maybe those exact things?)

I commented on the 'cheap' idea and you try to answer by repeating the same answer and completely missing the point.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Could a single "emulation" of kontakt be on sale for 30-80 eur? I think not
Your comparison is flawed. It happens there are no other products like nebula, and you are paying a lot of money for what we consider a single emulation
On the other side there are a lot of samplers like kontakt and a single emulation is just a single keymap.
There are two possible things to say:
- Other companies are expensive
Or
- We are cheap
Old 25th December 2016
OMU
Lives for gear

Kontakt has tons of free stuff. With all due respect for your brilliant discovery in the field of DSP but, sorry buddy, you seem to have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 25th December 2016
Lives for gear

Nebula has tons of free stuff
What you deny is the fact kontakt is a rompler, it is based on a tech which has been available since 80s. It is not alone. Ik is selling a rompler. Steinberg. All companies have a rompler in their catalogue. Even uvi engine is a rompler.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search