The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 29th December 2017
Lives for gear

Windows user, so VST only. And only VST2 as well.
Old 29th December 2017
Lives for gear

Giving up for tonight....moving everything back as it was. Fingers crossed this works!

EDIT...in fact that didn't work....finder was still empty but running N4 installer got them back so it seems like it needs to clear and rebuild the database somehow. Maybe I'll move the files again tomoz and then try running the installer again talling it where the new repository is.

Last edited by stella645; 29th December 2017 at 12:32 AM..
Old 29th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
Just a heads up.. a quote from the official forums:

• View topic - 2018

I can indeed confirm that N4 is far from being a "dead" or "irrelevant" product. As always with Acustica Audio, they are juggling multiple sets of balls in the air at the same time. There's actually a lot of thought being put into N4 and it's future with 3rd party developers.. and how it all integrates. But for now, just be assured that things in N4 land are about to heat-up.

Just read this, thanks for posting this. Can't wait!
Old 29th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Giving up for tonight....moving everything back as it was. Fingers crossed this works!

EDIT...in fact that didn't work....finder was still empty but running N4 installer got them back so it seems like it needs to clear and rebuild the database somehow. Maybe I'll move the files again tomoz and then try running the installer again talling it where the new repository is.
Did you CLEAR the TEMP folder in the repository ?
Old 29th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Did you CLEAR the TEMP folder in the repository ?
Thanks....this got me going in the right direction. Clearing temp folder did let the db rebuild correctly in the new location BUT it wouldn't stay built until I ran Reaper as admin while doing it!
Old 29th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Thanks....this got me going in the right direction. Clearing temp folder did let the db rebuild correctly in the new location BUT it wouldn't stay built until I ran Reaper as admin while doing it!
Very possible. That might be a 'permissions' issue.

Glad your up and running.
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

Just installed N4free to test things (after being nebula free for over 4 years) I still have plenty of N3 libraries I bought years ago. I completely forgot how to install/where to place the vectors/programs. I also guess not many will work in the free version, right? Any help please

edit: okay found the vectors/programs folders. any other infos I need to know?
Old 19th April 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
I also guess not many will work in the free version, right? Any help please

edit: okay found the vectors/programs folders. any other infos I need to know?
I don't believe any of your libraries will work in N4 Player.
Old 1st October 2018
Here for the gear
Hey guys, I already posted this in the acustica Audio thread but they sent me to this one..So this is just a copy paste..

I have a problem with Nebula 4..

Here's what happened:

After I bought it 1 week ago I was send to a page where I could download the legacy installers and installed N4 with them. After I installed the product it created a N4.dll , N4.ENG and N4 xml. plus some other folders. Now, when I tried to open it up in Ableton Live 9.7 I only got a white window that was so small you couldn't click anything except from the closing button.

I opened a ticket and support told me that the legacy installeds don't work and I should install N4 via Aquarius after uninstall and deleting the previously installed files (didn't thnk of aquarius at that time but I don't see why they still lead you to a page where you can download N4 installers that won't work?). Anyways, I did what support told me to do

In Aquarius Settings I set up the installation paths like that:

Stage Area path: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Acustica\Aquarius\Stagearea\

N4 repository path: C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns\Acustica Audio\

After reinstalling everything again Ableton crashes everytime I try to open an instance of N4. It's like it tries to load it, but then after a few seconds it gives up and closes. I contacted support again but ever since I didn't get any more replies ideas or any kind of help... Now, this is why I hope to find some help from you guys.. Any help? Any ideas? Is there something I do not see?

It's my first time ever having problems with AA, so I'm not mad or something, but still it's a little frustrating to spend 299€ for something that seems not to work and not getting the kind of support you hoped for... Anywaays.. Any help is highly appreciated!

(I work on Windos 10 Home, 64 bit)
Old 1st October 2018
Lives for gear

Nyctalgia

The nebula must have thread is a popular thread you could post in too

This thread is very active :
Nebula must have
Old 1st October 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
Nyctalgia

The nebula must have thread is a popular thread you could post in too

This thread is very active :
Nebula must have
Ok thanks.. I'll try it there too, hopefully not getting accused of spamming..
Old 8th December 2018
Gear Maniac

I've been an owner of Nebula3 since about 2010/2011. Is there an upgrade path for us long time users instead of the list 300€ price....?
Old 8th December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sptz View Post
I've been an owner of Nebula3 since about 2010/2011. Is there an upgrade path for us long time users instead of the list 300€ price....?
You should post in the link above as well. Nebula Must Have thread.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search