The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 24th December 2016
  #61
Lives for gear
 
javahut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgalb View Post
Yes, I called PayPal and they said the site is marked as "high risk" and if I wanted to buy from the site I couldn't use paypal.

Sent ticket to acustica-no response yet, and posted on the forum there. Everyone buying it in EU seems to be fine idk if its a US thing.
Not a US thing. I use Paypal at Acustica every time... including for N4.
Old 24th December 2016
  #62
Lives for gear
 

No issue with PayPal here [US].
Old 24th December 2016
  #63
Gear Addict
 
Sgalb's Avatar
 

Thanks for the responses. Glad it worked out for you guys. Unfortunately, PayPal said the system is doing it so they can't change it.

I don't understand.
Old 24th December 2016
  #64
Gear Addict
 
Sgalb's Avatar
 

For the people in the US that it worked for was that yesterday or today? I didn't try today maybe something was fixed?
Old 24th December 2016
  #65
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Mac osx up!
About authorization:

Rose: aut and ser located beside the plugin, like all acqua plugins

Nebula: aut and ser located in nebula repository, like all nebula 3rd party authorizations

About nebula free: if you downloaded it yesterday just download it again
Old 24th December 2016
  #66
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
Not a US thing. I use Paypal at Acustica every time... including for N4.
Just to confirm what you are saying: we use PayPal only as external service, we don't store user debt cards data... Everything is handled by PayPal, our website receives only an acknowledge of the payment.
In any case if PayPal marked something as strange or not compliant just raise a ticket, we'll forward your concerns to PayPal directly.
We are good business clients (for example we don't have blocks or restrictions), and number of disputes is really low
Old 24th December 2016
  #67
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blamejake View Post
>><ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH>c:\nebulatemprepository\</ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH><<

Thanks!
Win 7 64bit'
Works in Reaper.
Crashes Studio One 3.3.x

Happy Holidays!
same here, getting random crashes on startup when using ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH
Old 24th December 2016
  #68
Lives for gear
Nice to hear this. Hope it doesn't take as long to get Mac support as it did to get AAX support.
Old 24th December 2016
  #69
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinrob View Post
Nice to hear this. Hope it doesn't take as long to get Mac support as it did to get AAX support.
The Mac version is there already.
Old 24th December 2016
  #70
Gear Addict
 
Sgalb's Avatar
 

Just tried again with no luck. Ticket was sent yesterday, hopefully it gets figured out before the sale ends.
Old 24th December 2016
  #71
Gear Addict
 
Sgalb's Avatar
 

Yes! Cleared cookies in my browser and it went through.

Don't know why I didn't try that yesterday.
Old 24th December 2016
  #72
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Mac osx up!
About authorization:

Rose: aut and ser located beside the plugin, like all acqua plugins

Nebula: aut and ser located in nebula repository, like all nebula 3rd party authorizations

About nebula free: if you downloaded it yesterday just download it again

I can't find the ser file on my macbook. I see n4.vst and n4zl.vst in my acustica64 folder. I don't see ser file in my user account either on Acustica.
Old 24th December 2016
  #73
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
N4 writes ser file directly in the repository (where libraries are installed/. The path is the same one used for nebula 3, if I'm not wrong it is /Library/Audio/Presets/Acusticaaudio
You'll find there the specific folder used for nebula 4
Old 24th December 2016
  #74
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post

About skins, there is a new way for doing them. There is also a way for using the new executables as nebula3 instances
pls can you elaborate more on this, how can it be done? I cant find it in demo and also in manual,this function is must have for my workflow. thanx
Old 24th December 2016
  #75
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
We'll document the whole procedure as soon as we'll be back from holidays
We'll post also additional tools for renaming things
We preferred to postpone it, it is already an huge release with too many things!
Old 24th December 2016
  #76
Lives for gear
 
imloggedin's Avatar
 

Is this released or a pre-order? If I buy it will I be able to download it today? Is the sound difference or CPU usage that significant from version 3 server?
Old 24th December 2016
  #77
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Yes. You can even try the trial version of the compressor library in n4 free.

Users reported it loads faster and it is more optimized. Several user and beta even reported it sounds "better"
Old 25th December 2016
  #78
Lives for gear
 

N4 doesn't come with a compressor library when purchased?
Old 25th December 2016
  #79
Gear Head
 
StudioK9's Avatar
I downloaded N4 free and the associated N4 Trial libraries to see how N4 compared to N3 pro in terms of CPU usage.
Having set up four stereo tracks running a drum loop on each, with both Neb versions running Boeing 747 comp at 48k,
I was able to run a maximum of 25 instances of N3pro
evenly across the 4 tracks compared to maximum 20 of N4 free before CPU overload.

So, Is N4 free inferior to N4 performance wise? Or is there no performance improvement in N4 over N3?
Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

iMac i5, logic X.
Old 25th December 2016
  #80
Lives for gear
 
ROCKER STUDIOS's Avatar
As a owner of just about all the AAX AA Plugs ,I have a love/Hate for the plugs as love the sound hate the glitches and crashes . Never used the Nebula stuff but with my email discount and the X-Mas sale I could not resist and paid for the N4 i hope Im not disapointed and a fool for throwing money to a company that has not resolved all the problems i already have with the Plugs I already paid for .With that being said i have to find out what all you Nebula Freaks are talking about
Old 25th December 2016
  #81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKER STUDIOS View Post
As a owner of just about all the AAX AA Plugs ,I have a love/Hate for the plugs as love the sound hate the glitches and crashes . Never used the Nebula stuff but with my email discount and the X-Mas sale I could not resist and paid for the N4 i hope Im not disapointed and a fool for throwing money to a company that has not resolved all the problems i already have with the Plugs I already paid for .With that being said i have to find out what all you Nebula Freaks are talking about

Cntl-S a lot!

Be careful copying instances and moving instances.

Be prepared to freeze and commit often, but n3 would often crash while unfreezing. Commit is a better option if you don't mind the clutter of new tracks.
Old 25th December 2016
  #82
Lives for gear
 

Would anyone be kind enough to explain how to use a custom skin on a 3rd party library?

Read the manual, didn't see a walk through.
Old 25th December 2016
  #83
Gear Addict
 
Sgalb's Avatar
 

Where are you guys downloading the libraries from? are we supposed to download the trial versions and register them later?
Old 25th December 2016
  #84
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioK9 View Post
I downloaded N4 free and the associated N4 Trial libraries to see how N4 compared to N3 pro in terms of CPU usage.
Having set up four stereo tracks running a drum loop on each, with both Neb versions running Boeing 747 comp at 48k,
I was able to run a maximum of 25 instances of N3pro
evenly across the 4 tracks compared to maximum 20 of N4 free before CPU overload.

So, Is N4 free inferior to N4 performance wise? Or is there no performance improvement in N4 over N3?
Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

iMac i5, logic X.
If N4 Is even worse cpu wise I'll pass. I love nebula But that cpu usage Is really outrsgeous.
Old 25th December 2016
  #85
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgalb View Post
Where are you guys downloading the libraries from? are we supposed to download the trial versions and register them later?
You will find the libraries by browsing the Dashboard the same place you download Nebula 4 from. It is a folder called 'Cross Platform Commercial Library v 5.00' ...
Old 25th December 2016
  #86
Gear Addict
 
Sgalb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noooway View Post
You will find the libraries by browsing the Dashboard the same place you download Nebula 4 from. It is a folder called 'Cross Platform Commercial Library v 5.00' ...
I'm not seeing it. Hmm.
Old 25th December 2016
  #87
Gear Addict
 
Sgalb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgalb View Post
I'm not seeing it. Hmm.
Oh, it's not named that on mine. They're all separated and I got confused thinking they were old nebula 3 free presets
Old 25th December 2016
  #88
Gear Head
 
StudioK9's Avatar
I'm not seeing that particular folder either. I got mine from "N4 libraries trial" in dashboard.
But I'm using N4 free. If you have the free version, that's what you should be looking for.
Old 25th December 2016
  #89
Gear Addict
So, downloaded the plugin and tried it out a little! Rose is awesome, as far as i tested it! Well done there.
N4 is snappy as hell! Well done again..

Got some questions, is there any way to direct N4 to N3 libraries, or must one keep two copies? (taking up double space on the drive)
If not, do i just move all the ones i got over to N4 P and V?
Are you suppose to be able to open more then one eq for example, in one instance of N4? That would be neat, but i havent found a way to do it. But it would be VERY neat, like an AA lunchbox.
The browser, open up behind N4 and when chosen a program it doesnt close, so i have to move N4 to be able to click on close on the browser, is that normal?
If so, i would suggest that when you chose a program, it should close imediatly and not be seen until i press to see librarys again.
Old 25th December 2016
  #90
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerlindberg View Post
Got some questions, is there any way to direct N4 to N3 libraries, or must one keep two copies? (taking up double space on the drive)
Native libraries are totally new so one must use seperate N4 and N3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerlindberg View Post
If not, do i just move all the ones i got over to N4 P and V?
With 3rd party libraries it'll work (although I found that the BX15 & BX20 go MY-CPU-IS-UNDER-MDMA route)
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump