The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiejaxx View Post
Great post although i just learned to ignore super fanboys like that dude,it's like reasoning with a wall,they're AA junkies high on that gas fanboys keep feeding each other.
Well you're exactly the same, but on the other side of the coin. Perhaps we should meet mid-way?
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
Most on here would rather whine than make any actual music .

Making music is hard and whining is easy.

And for all the turd polishers that don't compose and record your own works...don't worry about it and just use algos. No-one will notice I promise.
I bet you a thousand dollars I have made a lot of music
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
I bet you a million dollars we will never know
I think a million would suffice for me to instruct my legal team to contact yours.
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor For Music View Post
I think a million would suffice for me to instruct my legal team to contact yours.
Carry on man, I have zero interest in you or your music.
Old 16th July 2017
OMU
Lives for gear

Mods?
Old 16th July 2017
Gear Addict

motor don't waste your time what illsoulprod and cali.bre said struck a nerve with "team fanboy" these dudes talking about making music i'd trounce them in any genre musically well maybe except for country but it'd be a waste of time.

It just proves that there are more sheep than Ram...they just follow blindly while guys like us who have purchased the product and use it to the same capacity they do but can also take it further, especially since it was at least insinuated then back tracked. WE speak up ,they just accept anything.
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

My view is that anyone serious about making music will do just that, anyone who likes to spend more time tweaking XML's and Nrv Agent will only do that because making music requires a different part of the brain than tweaking parameters.
Old 16th July 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
My view is that anyone serious about making music will do just that, anyone who likes to spend more time tweaking XML's and Nrv Agent will only do that because making music requires a different part of the brain than tweaking parameters.
So people who don't think like you and who take time to offer you alternative solutions to your concerns are using the wrong part of "the brain" and aren't actually serious about making music.

Good to know ... and blocked.
Old 16th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
....exactly i used to be that guy unfortunately production started to suffer..now i want fast user friendly solutions especially as tools.i don't wanna be setting up xmls and building instances to use a bloody eq...surely surely there's a better way i just don't believe the priority is there and fair enough they can do whatever they like just as i can say whatever i like.

And before any of you ladies who don't even work for AA start with the "if you don't like it then sell your plugs" crap, i'll say and do whatever i want when i feel like it..i personally don't mind what you do with you your purchases so let's keep it likewise.
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Its a well accepted theorem that creativity uses different parts of the brain from rational tasks like programming a computer. I know that if I get too bogged down in tech it interrupts creativity and stalls progress on a creative level. Hense why in the studio the artist and producer rarely engage in technical conversation during the creative process, that is why sound engineers are used, his objective is to run the sessions and push buttons. Music has been done this way for years Bill Putnam and beyond.

Iam a creative rather than a pure engineer and for me excessive technical involvement hinders work flow. I didn't say anyone who doesn't think like me is using the wrong part of his brain at all.
Old 16th July 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Its a well accepted theorem that creativity uses different parts of the brain from rational tasks like programming a computer. I know that if I get too bogged down in tech it interrupts creativity and stalls progress on a creative level. Hense why in the studio the artist and producer rarely engage in technical conversation during the creative process, that is why sound engineers are used, his objective is to run the sessions and push buttons. Music has been done this way for years Bill Putnam and beyond.

Iam a creative rather than a pure engineer and for me excessive technical involvement hinders work flow. I didn't say anyone who doesn't think like me is using the wrong part of his brain at all.
Dude you got blocked for stating a fact...
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dude you got blocked for stating a fact...
But he just made out that I said something that I clearly didn't say.

And then proceeded to block me

Each to his own
Old 16th July 2017
Gear Addict

The nerve of some of these dudes..."SOME" once again "SOME" of the pc reaper users are like snobs who think poorer people are a nuisance.. AA plugs work great and you get loads of instances ..spectacular .

YES Reaper is a great daw i've used it i love the whole idea of it.

YES windows "7" when tweaked gives you a better performance with AA plugs.

BUT switching your Daw,buying a PC and installing and Older operating system shouldn't be the solution to get a similar performance.Especially when "Everything else"
gives a very similar performance .

For the not so quick ones..."we...really..like..the..sound..and plugs.." we just want it to work on our system like everything else does...i'm very sure this is possible.It requires attention.

If it's known from the get go that there was going to be sub par performance on Macs ..then state it in the specifications or requirements section...then we buy knowing what we're getting into.

Stop with the small company nonsense people..yes they're not as big as waves uad etc..but the product's sound is at that Top level and the prices are comparable to a lot of the top single plugins out there.

Once again we like the plugs we just want them to work like it does on your PC and Daw...similar to literally everything else we use.
Old 16th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
BUT switching your Daw,buying a PC and installing and Older operating system shouldn't be the solution to get a similar performance.Especially when "Everything else"
gives a very similar performance .
The problem with what these people are saying is that AA don't seem to support their assertions, every time I have asked people to tell me what the issue is with OSX they cant.

If you have a look at this thread:

Acustica Audio on Mac Thread

Giancarlo even states himself that there should be no difference between OSX & Windows and states he got 50 instances of Navy on his 2014 Macbook pro but he states it was running windows. Well if there is no difference between the OSX's doesn't make sense to use windows on a Macbook
Old 17th July 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali.bre View Post

a). " I'm really starting to think AA have targeted hobbyists and old studio vets who are no longer active in the game. Users who aren't working on critical, commercial projects and have time to nurse maid these great sounding but finicky plugins"

b). " and money to spend trying to achieve the sound of famed vintage hardware that many have never used/had access to and most music listeners don't give a rat's ass about...they just want great music.
"

a). Well, that's your problem, not theirs ! I'm not a "professional" window cleaner either, but my windows are cleaner when I do them than when the pro's do. Why? Because I've got the time.
There are however, pro's that use Nebula & AA stuff to greatly enhance their end products, ( their words, not mine ).
Any user of these plugins do understand the work flow and learning curve problems, but still, your problem, not theirs.

b). That is silly argumentation!

1). Isn't that what most plugins try to achieve if they could???
2). You don't have to have used them to know what they sound like !. Their ears are as good as yours.

Last edited by FFTW; 17th July 2017 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: Editing
Old 17th July 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:

If you mean by "creative", that you manipulate other people's music, isn't that what most sound engineers do?

Or, if you create your own music, then let the creativity flow and do the sound manipulation at a different time like I do!
Old 22nd July 2017
Lives for gear

Really? This 3d.
Old 16th August 2017
What a pleasant surprise. Maybe some others also do not know this. Due to Nebula setups I am still mainly using N3. Now I did load the new TimP 3a V2 with the new skin into N4 and - without me doing anything, the skin was automatically loaded into the plugin. This is really cool. That way I kind of do not need setups that badly. At least not for all the libraries with individual skins. Great!
Old 2nd September 2017
Gear Maniac

It'd be really awesome if we didn't have to use Notepad++ to assign how our favorite libraries appear in the browser in N4, there was talk this was supposed to get an update, how's that coming along now AA?

I want to organize all of my different N4 libraries by category with real names for the gear,but it seems like a huge task to undergo.Really looking forward to this update that's supposed to make this easier!

Also When does N4 setups come out??
Old 15th September 2017
Gear Head

Is it worth getting N4 over Nebula3 Server ULTIMATE ? Will there be updates to Nebula 3 still or is it abandoned?
Old 15th September 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarehead View Post
Is it worth getting N4 over Nebula3 Server ULTIMATE ? Will there be updates to Nebula 3 still or is it abandoned?
i think you should get N4, there will be no updates for N3 as far as i know
Old 15th September 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by holographic View Post
i think you should get N4, there will be no updates for N3 as far as i know
Good to know, thanks.
Old 26th September 2017
Lives for gear
Acqua works well(excellent cpu usage nowadays) with my hackintosh and the new registration plug in is fantastic! Took only few seconds to register plugs.

Can you give me any tips how one can upgrade from 3 Pro bundle to 4?

Didn't find any at the shop. Do i really have to pay the full price for 4?
Old 26th September 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahh View Post
Acqua works well(excellent cpu usage nowadays) with my hackintosh and the new registration plug in is fantastic! Took only few seconds to register plugs.

Can you give me any tips how one can upgrade from 3 Pro bundle to 4?

Didn't find any at the shop. Do i really have to pay the full price for 4?
Unfortunately i believe so.
Old 30th September 2017
Lives for gear
Owners of N3 should not have to pay full price on N4. Period. The discount should not be time limited, either. It should be until one purchase of the product is made.

Loyalty discounts should not be time limited either, for that matter.

Suggesting that Nebula is idiosyncratic is the truth unabated. If you want better performance at this moment in time, there are better platforms. Ideally it should be the same or very close across all release platforms. And while I am a Windows PC user, I would prefer to use Pro Tools with the same Nebula performance I get in Reaper because of the program's extreme ubiquity. It doesn't improve my sound or workflow but a lot of people use it and it's expected, just like they expect the Mac - even though that changes nothing either.
Old 11th November 2017
Hey all

In N4, do the red lights on the input and output light up before actual clipping?

I get the red lights sometimes but don't hear any clipping or nasty artefacts.

Is there a way to determine, visually, when N4 clips?

Thanks

Old 16th December 2017
Gear Maniac

Is multi rack still happening in N4?
Old 19th December 2017
Lives for gear

Checking in on the Nebula scene after ignoring it for a couple years, and I have to say... it just gets weirder. It's always been a giant middle finger to established practices (and customers), but there's also this seemingly inexplicable anti-inertia thing happening. Having been one of the most vocal of champions of Nebula for years, I find it ponderous that interest peaked, customers were ready and excited for new features and...

... ghost town.

Seriously. Take a step back, and do some google searches for Nebula 4. Was everyone involved wiped out in a zombie apocalypse a year ago? I've never seen a product fizzle like that. It's as if the dev and all the users suddenly disappeared.

I waited YEARS for a port to 64 bit systems, and finally gave up when I couldn't hold out on updating my DAW any longer. Now the Nebula links ON ACOUSTICA's OWN SITE mention N3 ONLY. Not a single mention of N4, which as far as I can tell has been out for a YEAR now. Not that it matters since some of the links from there are broken anyway. Ah... some things never change.

If this is all part of an anti-capitalist plot... it's working.

Well, now I've wasted 45 minutes going through every link in the customer section of website, doing a half dozen google searches, and trying to read through this thread (but stoping after 10 pages or so of bickering). Things may have improved, but I remember customer service that seemed to exist in a realm beyond time, so could someone please give me a quick update as to:

1) Is Neb4 worth getting for Neb3 Pro user?
2) Will all my old libraries work?
3) What is upgrade procedure for N3 --> N4 as opposed to new purchase (zero mention of this even within customer portal on site)
4) Or, if N4 is NOT worth getting, is N3 finally 64 bit? If so, how do I get THAT version?

I should mention that I'm not particularly concerned with stacking fx unless something drastic has changed as it's always been a hog of a plugin. I am interested in any newer time fx, or whether the compressors finally actually work at... well... compressing.
Old 19th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ain't Nobody View Post
Checking in on the Nebula scene after ignoring it for a couple years, and I have to say... it just gets weirder. It's always been a giant middle finger to established practices (and customers), but there's also this seemingly inexplicable anti-inertia thing happening. Having been one of the most vocal of champions of Nebula for years, I find it ponderous that interest peaked, customers were ready and excited for new features and...

... ghost town.

Seriously. Take a step back, and do some google searches for Nebula 4. Was everyone involved wiped out in a zombie apocalypse a year ago? I've never seen a product fizzle like that. It's as if the dev and all the users suddenly disappeared.
Have you read the past 29 pages on N4? I wouldn't call that ghost town lol
There are threads on newer overhyped products that are literally ghost towns, if you'd like to entertain yourself. Just don't Stress (hint hint) too much over it.

N4 is alive!
Old 19th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ain't Nobody View Post
1) Is Neb4 worth getting for Neb3 Pro user?
2) Will all my old libraries work?
3) What is upgrade procedure for N3 --> N4 as opposed to new purchase (zero mention of this even within customer portal on site)
4) Or, if N4 is NOT worth getting, is N3 finally 64 bit? If so, how do I get THAT version?
About your questions:

1) Yes, just to access the new engines. If you doubted the compression action before, you have to check TimP´s Opto 3A V2 and his new U76.

2) I´m not sure about compatibility, but check the dev´s page for an update to N4

3) I think there was an upgrade path on release, but I don´t see anything onthe website. Best shot is to contact support.

4) Not sure either, I´ve never used N3, but I assume they stopped development for N3 ages ago.

Hope this helped.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search