The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
There is only one aut file. Just copy the one for N4 into the folder with Rose.

And this would be a lot easier for you, if you just used the new Aquarius lite authorisation app that is on your dashboard page.
It's not working here that's what I'm saying. I tried that first.
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybland View Post
It's not working here that's what I'm saying. I tried that first.
So where have you put the N4.aut files exactly??
Old 16th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
So where have you put the N4.aut files exactly??
I uploaded the server file, got the email, got the aut file, placed it in c drive/nebula4 repository . This allows nebula 4 to work.

Then I put that same aut file in c drive /vstplugins/Aqua folder I created, then placed the aut file there along with nebula ser.
Old 16th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I uploaded the server file, got the email, got the aut file, placed it in c drive/nebula4 repository . This allows nebula 4 to work.

Then I put that same aut file in c drive /vstplugins/Aqua folder I created, then placed the aut file there along with nebula ser.
Assuming Rose.dll file is also in that Aqua folder then this should work.
You'll have to wait official support on this in that case.
Old 16th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Assuming Rose.dll file is also in that Aqua folder then this should work.
You'll have to wait official support on this in that case.
Thanks Stella645, Yes the rose.dll is definitely in the directory. I sent tech support a ticket, 2 days ago now, so I guess I'll just wait! thnx

Update: Once I fired up Aquarius it all seems to be working now. thanks for the help! I can use rose + violet now

Last edited by bobbybland; 16th June 2017 at 05:56 PM..
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Maniac

Is there any way to use Nebula 3 - 3rd party skins inside N4? How is this possible if so?
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Is there any way to use Nebula 3 - 3rd party skins inside N4? How is this possible if so?
no. we have to rely on the developers to update their skins for N4. So far the only N4 skin updates I've seen are from TimP.
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
no. we have to rely on the developers to update their skins for N4. So far the only N4 skin updates I've seen are from TimP.
Thank you for that info.
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Maniac

Excuse my ignorance but before purchasing N4, I saw this video on youtube, where this guy explains at about 2:00 how to save our user presets and arrange our user content. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnCSWoi-TOQ

I'm using the version 1.4.170 and I do not see these features anywhere,what am I missing? We're these features removed or something? Seems odd, becuz in the version I have, I cannot find anyway to do this.
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Excuse my ignorance but before purchasing N4, I saw this video on youtube, where this guy explains at about 2:00 how to save our user presets and arrange our user content. > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnCSWoi-TOQ

I'm using the version 1.4.170 and I do not see these features anywhere,what am I missing? We're these features removed or something? Seems odd, becuz in the version I have, I cannot find anyway to do this.
This is an "experimental" feature only....i.e not tested to any degree and not fully stable.
If you wanted to try it out you need to edit the N4.xml to enable it.

https://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB...resets#p119896
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Maniac

I'd love to try it, the guys nebula setup seemed much faster them my load times as well. Is there some documentation on how to edit the .xml to try this?

Thnx
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I'd love to try it, the guys nebula setup seemed much faster them my load times as well. Is there some documentation on how to edit the .xml to try this?

Thnx
Presets are not a substitution for setups (N4 setups support is in the development).

Basically, you can use presets and preset browser in the similar way as you are used from other manufacturer's plugins. Nebula didn't have presets support so far - there is a basic read-only presets support in some Acqua plugins, though.

Presets allows you to tweak Nebula program or ACQUA plugin inside N4 and save its current state as preset, which can be recalled anytime later. Preset exchange system is planned as well.

To use Presets, you MUST have installed Nebula4 version 1.1.003. See the label at the top of the plugin. If you can't see "Presets" button, add following line to your Nebula 4 XML file and restart plugin.

<PRESETS> 1 </PRESETS>

Presets are usually stored inside "Presets" subfolder of the N4 repository.

Check this tag in XML file as well.
<PRESETSUBPATH> Presets/ </PRESETSUBPATH>

As mentioned, this feature is in the "experimental" phase, which is not really as bad as it sounds Our testers are successfully using it. If you find any issues, please contact Acustica support.

Cheers!

Last edited by zabukowski; 22nd June 2017 at 01:45 PM..
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the detailed explanation my friend.
Old 21st June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabukowski View Post
Presets are not a substitution for setups (N4 setups supports is in the development).
How long you think until you get a Nebula Setups for N4 released?
Old 21st June 2017
Gear Maniac

Perfect, got it working now! I'm also interested in Nebula Setups for Nebula 4

Last edited by bobbybland; 22nd June 2017 at 12:39 AM..
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
How long you think until you get a Nebula Setups for N4 released?
The rough estimation is before the end of the year, no promises though.

Note, that setups will be integrated inside N4 plugin - no additional program will be needed.
Old 22nd June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Note, that setups will be integrated inside N4 plugin - no additional program will be needed.
So, as someone that never used N3, what is Setups? How is it different from Presets? What can Setups do?
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:

So setups will be free?
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
So, as someone that never used N3, what is Setups? How is it different from Presets? What can Setups do?
Someone here will explain it better than me but, in the meanwhile: Setups allows you to realize a lot of separate vst instances of Nebula, each with a subset of its libraries, or even with a single library. You can do, for example a "AlexB Nebula" with all AlexB libraries, or a "Nebula compressors" VST, with only the compressors included, or just a "Nebula Mammoth" VST, with one single library included. The advantages are: easy browsing inside the reduced subset of that vst instance; fast loading of the single instance (no need for a complete library scanning); appropriate denomination of the instance ("N4 compressors" or "N4 SUM 100A" or "N4 surge", not simply a generic "N4" for each instance); easy and optimized chaining of the instances in a chainer (like BlueCat patchwork).

To me "Setups" is much more important than the "preset" function (but that's only my opinion and my needs...)
Old 22nd June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
To me "Setups" is much more important than the "preset" function (but that's only my opinion and my needs...)
Agree. I purchased N4 when it first became available to get the lower price. I have no plan whatsoever to use it until some form of Nebula Setups is implemented.
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiejaxx View Post
So setups will be free?
I would say so, yes - but i am not the right person to speak about it.
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I would say so, yes - but i am not the right person to speak about it.
Zab now that I have you here, which is the best method for installing new n4 updates?

Just install on top of the old one?

Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo1980 View Post
Zab now that I have you here, which is the best method for installing new n4 updates?

Just install on top of the old one?

Thanks
I think installing on top should do - but you can backup few things before that, just in case - repository, plugin binaries and xml files. Sometimes update installer changes only plugin files, sometimes it adds something into repository etc.
Old 22nd June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I think installing on top should do - but you can backup few things before that, just in case - repository, plugin binaries and xml files. Sometimes update installer changes only plugin files, sometimes it adds something into repository etc.
thanks Zab! keep on doing the good work!
Old 25th June 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
The only missing feature today is nebula setups helper app. We'll have it completed within few months (possibly few weeks) and basically you'll have also a free lite version fully integrated in the product
We are trying to simplify nebula
That's awesome!!!
Old 26th June 2017
Gear Maniac

So is there an official timeline on N4 multirack support?
Old 28th June 2017
Gear Maniac

In N4, is there any settings we can change to make the plugin load faster,or is this something that is only cpu dependent?

I have only ssds for library,a 4790k i7, but when loading N4,it's rather slow. Just curious if there's settings to help with gui load times?
Old 29th June 2017
Gear Addict

a n3 owner and a potential upgrader question-- did i comprehend correctly only one instance of n4 per project can be executed (?). thank you!
Old 29th June 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapmastering View Post
a n3 owner and a potential upgrader question-- did i comprehend correctly only one instance of n4 per project can be executed (?). thank you!
What do you mean executed?

You can have as many instances in a project that your cpu and ram allow.

One program per rack instance.
Old 29th June 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
What do you mean executed?

You can have as many instances in a project that your cpu and ram allow.

One program per rack instance.
thank you brockorama.

i see, it's the 'program' nomenclature that confused me, alonside screenshots showing rack-like modular setups of units ('programs'). so the 'rack' screenshots are basically shape of things to come?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search