The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th March 2017
  #721
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
How do I move the Nebula4 folder? (/Library/Presets/AA/Nebula4) ?

I don't want to install all of the samples on my OS drive, I have another SD for that.

I've tried searching through manuals, and the AA forum (their search is not very useful) but I can't find a clear answer.

Anyone? :¬)
Old 16th March 2017
  #722
Gear Addict
 
reggiejaxx's Avatar
 

symbolic link
Old 20th March 2017
  #723
Gear Addict
 
reggiejaxx's Avatar
 

N4 updates

,N4 just got updated i had to go through the AA forums once again to find out, it was mentioned AA was gonna start using twitter at least for product updates.It'd be great to have a notification and not have to check in and look to see if there's an update.It'd only take a sec to tweet ,thanks.
Old 21st March 2017
  #724
Gear Nut
 
Cali.bre's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiejaxx View Post
,N4 just got updated i had to go through the AA forums once again to find out, it was mentioned AA was gonna start using twitter at least for product updates.It'd be great to have a notification and not have to check in and look to see if there's an update.It'd only take a sec to tweet ,thanks.

If we do have to seek this info out on the forum, it would be great if the change log was provided alongside the update announcement, too.
Old 24th March 2017
  #725
Lives for gear
 
JulenJVM's Avatar
Don't upgrade to the last version if you're using the VST3 version, the input and output knobs get reset to 0. Apparently, it's a known issue, but I didn't hear a word. Just had to redo a mix :(
Old 27th March 2017
  #726
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
Don't upgrade to the last version if you're using the VST3 version, the input and output knobs get reset to 0. Apparently, it's a known issue, but I didn't hear a word. Just had to redo a mix :(

I confirm that: with latest versions of N4 and VST3 there is this reset problem. It is a known problem and AA should resolve it in .16 version.
Actually, you could avoid redoing your mix, because when the knobs got resetted to zero you could do a 'reload' (click on reload in the main interface), and the settings would be restored as you left them last time...

However, I'm having another serious issue with N4 after installing NebulaMan (do not do it! Nebulaman is not compatibile with N4, but the Zabukowski site don't tell it...): N4 crashing, and crashes Cubase 9 too. Opened a ticket, hope they soon reply and solve my problem.
Old 27th March 2017
  #727
Gear Maniac
 
zabukowski's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
I confirm that: with latest versions of N4 and VST3 there is this reset problem. It is a known problem and AA should resolve it in .16 version.
Actually, you could avoid redoing your mix, because when the knobs got resetted to zero you could do a 'reload' (click on reload in the main interface), and the settings would be restored as you left them last time...

However, I'm having another serious issue with N4 after installing NebulaMan (do not do it! Nebulaman is not compatibile with N4, but the Zabukowski site don't tell it...): N4 crashing, and crashes Cubase 9 too. Opened a ticket, hope they soon reply and solve my problem.
If you have any issues with NebulaMan and Nebula Setups, please send a mail to [email protected]. Acustica doesn't support these products.

Try to delete contents of Nebula repository temp folder and start N4 ... does it work ?

Please read this topic - updating ACQUA library to the latest version will most likely solve your issues.
http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3...p=92703#p92703
Old 28th March 2017
  #728
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabukowski View Post
If you have any issues with NebulaMan and Nebula Setups, please send a mail to [email protected]. Acustica doesn't support these products.

Try to delete contents of Nebula repository temp folder and start N4 ... does it work ?
Yes, thank you very much!! It worked. N4 opens again and does not crash Cubase anymore.

Quote:
Please read this topic - updating ACQUA library to the latest version will most likely solve your issues.
• View topic - Sudden problems with NebulaMan / Nebula Setups ?
Ok, thank you again...
Do you plan updates of NebulaMan and NebulaSetups to have them fully tested and compatible with N4, and above all to keep compatibility across upcoming releases of N4? Sometime ago I asked AA if they plan to 'incorporate' the functionality of this softwares in future releases of Nebula, but the answer was negative...
Old 28th March 2017
  #729
Gear Maniac
 
zabukowski's Avatar
The only thing which could make problems is a shared use of temp folder with different (incompatible) Nebula engines.

Because of that, all programs (NebulaMan, Nebula Setups) should use the same (compatible) version of Nebula engine.

As engine is being updated all the time, sometimes programs must be updated using the procedure described in the link in my previous post.

N4 will get its own, integrated setups support in the future.
Old 28th March 2017
  #730
Gear Maniac
 

Ok, perfectly clear.
Glad to hear that 'Setups' functionality will become a part of Nebula, too...
Old 29th March 2017
  #731
Gear Nut
 

What is the difference between that N4 vs N4ZL plugins?
Old 29th March 2017
  #732
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrez View Post
What is the difference between that N4 vs N4ZL plugins?
ZL = Zero Latency.

Use when producing or tracking. Takes up more CPU though.
Old 30th March 2017
  #733
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
ZL = Zero Latency.

Use when producing or tracking. Takes up more CPU though.
Ahh thank you very much!
Old 30th March 2017
  #734
Gear Maniac
 

...Nebula is crashing Cubase again, and this time deleting the Temp folder is not working. Windows event viewer says that the module that generate the error is C:\nebula4temprepository\Engines\1415606.dll

NebulaMan is not anymore involved: I've uninstalled it and not tried to reinstall...

P.S.
Post edited, switching to [polite] mode ... The first reaction was: AGAIIIIINNN?????
Anyway, I appreciate AA goodwill, and their technology above all, and I hope they soon solve my problems, and Nebula problems in general...
Old 1st April 2017
  #735
Lives for gear
 

are you using VST-3 or VST-2 ?
Old 1st April 2017
  #736
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
are you using VST-3 or VST-2 ?
I'm using VST3, infact I also have the known problem with settings reset
Old 1st April 2017
  #737
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
I'm using VST3, infact I also have the known problem with settings reset
I'm on cubase 9.0.10 on Windows 10 and I'm having the input/output reset problem with N4 VST3. Also having audio stuttering and freezing when I use automation with Acquas and N4 (N4 seems to be more the culprit - when I remove all aquas it's pretty much as bad. If I delete all automation from the project, I don't get stuttering/freezing.

The new UAD Windows drivers (with Software update 9.1) made a huge difference for me in terms of stability. I'm on a 6950 machine and since the update it's rock solid.... until I start adding automation. One day...
Old 1st April 2017
  #738
Gear Guru
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 

Thought I'd check this thread about now, see what's happening. Looks like you're all really busy beta testing N4. I'll leave you to it and come back later.....
Old 1st April 2017
  #739
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Thought I'd check this thread about now, see what's happening. Looks like you're all really busy beta testing N4. I'll leave you to it and come back later.....
You are right, in some sense... but not in some other: I imagine that their real beta testers receive quiker responses from the support. After three days I received a first response, epigraphic and not pertinent: Q: 'Have you updated everything?' R: 'Yes I have' (something like that). And then nothing more... now I'm still waiting. And the support did not even asked me to supply them Nebula logs. I don't know how (and if) they can troubleshoot problems related to chrashes without logs.
Old 1st April 2017
  #740
Gear Guru
 
Karloff70's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
You are right, in some sense... but not in some other: I imagine that their real beta testers receive quiker responses from the support. After three days I received a first response, epigraphic and not pertinent: Q: 'Have you updated everything?' R: 'Yes I have'. And then nothing more... now I'm still waiting. And the support did not even asked me to supply them Nebula logs. I don't know how (and if) they can troubleshoot problems related to chrashes without logs.
Oh dear. Rather you than me. Still enjoying a trouble free N3 here.....
Old 1st April 2017
  #741
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karloff70 View Post
Oh dear. Rather you than me. Still enjoying a trouble free N3 here.....
Yes, but I am case-hardened now, you are not...
Old 2nd April 2017
  #742
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertom View Post
You are right, in some sense... but not in some other: I imagine that their real beta testers receive quiker responses from the support. After three days I received a first response, epigraphic and not pertinent: Q: 'Have you updated everything?' R: 'Yes I have' (something like that). And then nothing more... now I'm still waiting. And the support did not even asked me to supply them Nebula logs. I don't know how (and if) they can troubleshoot problems related to chrashes without logs.
I told Enrique to check it.
Basically the first question is about having everything updated.
Old 2nd April 2017
  #743
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinematree View Post
I'm on cubase 9.0.10 on Windows 10 and I'm having the input/output reset problem with N4 VST3. Also having audio stuttering and freezing when I use automation with Acquas and N4 (N4 seems to be more the culprit - when I remove all aquas it's pretty much as bad. If I delete all automation from the project, I don't get stuttering/freezing.

The new UAD Windows drivers (with Software update 9.1) made a huge difference for me in terms of stability. I'm on a 6950 machine and since the update it's rock solid.... until I start adding automation. One day...
If possible use vst2. We are working hard on vst3 (I think we have a new beta right now), but there are way more issues there
I can tell you we are switching to a different framework just because that. So the problem is not nebula3 vs nebula4: nebula 3 doesn't have vst3 at all
Old 2nd April 2017
  #744
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
I told Enrique to check it.
Basically the first question is about having everything updated.
Ok, thank you. I hope that the second one will be "give me the logs".
Tonight I've had another crash of two projects, not opening anymore. I had to uninstall Nebula to make them work again and recover the files, because this time no backup version of the Cubase 9 projects worked. For the moment I'm not using N4 anymore, but I eventually will try the VST2 version, too, (with a certain worry)... If that is the problem I suggest you to completely remove the vst3 option from the dashboard, for the moment, because it cause the customers a lot of troubles.
Old 2nd April 2017
  #745
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
If possible use vst2. We are working hard on vst3 (I think we have a new beta right now),
Well I tried switching to VST2 but unless I hide the VST3 versions from my system (renamed) the VST2 versions don't show up in Cubase at all and having done that the VST2 opens with INIT instead of the settings used in the VST3 version so all my projects are messed up.

Any brilliant ideas to work around this other than reloading vst3 and writing down all settings and presets from every instance in every project then reloading vst2 and resetting everything manually??
Old 2nd April 2017
  #746
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
If possible use vst2. We are working hard on vst3 (I think we have a new beta right now), but there are way more issues there
I can tell you we are switching to a different framework just because that. So the problem is not nebula3 vs nebula4: nebula 3 doesn't have vst3 at all
Actually already 3 weeks ago Zabukowski solved almost all of my problems... I was very active on AA forum regarding this VST3 problem who was since 0.0.14 version with zero data on new projects and previously saved projects.
He sent me personally some unfinished 0.0.16 version, and I was very happy and thankful to him,- currently this is most stable version of N4 for me on Mac, and I am with N4 since first days, when there was nightmare with 3rd parties libraries,c rashes around 50 per day and many more problems,
Now this unpublished 0.0.16 works almost perfectly, all previously problems are solved, just really rare crashes ( 4-5 for full 8 hours day) if You have really many of N4 active instances in Cubase project.
I think soon it must to be published and more happy VST3 users as me will be here
Old 3rd April 2017
  #747
Gear Maniac
 
zabukowski's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighEnd View Post
Actually already 3 weeks ago Zabukowski solved almost all of my problems... I was very active on AA forum regarding this VST3 problem who was since 0.0.14 version with zero data on new projects and previously saved projects.
He sent me personally some unfinished 0.0.16 version, and I was very happy and thankful to him,- currently this is most stable version of N4 for me on Mac, and I am with N4 since first days, when there was nightmare with 3rd parties libraries,c rashes around 50 per day and many more problems,
Now this unpublished 0.0.16 works almost perfectly, all previously problems are solved, just really rare crashes ( 4-5 for full 8 hours day) if You have really many of N4 active instances in Cubase project.
I think soon it must to be published and more happy VST3 users as me will be here
The version 1.0.016 you are talking about, is currently in beta testing.
Old 3rd April 2017
  #748
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabukowski View Post
The version 1.0.016 you are talking about, is currently in beta testing.
Will the 1.0.016 final version increase stability of the VST2 version, too, or it just addresses VST3 related problems?
Old 10th April 2017
  #749
Gear Nut
 
RitchieBorg's Avatar
 

I have Nebula 3 and som 3rd party libs I love. I know that N4 don't do much for Nebula 3 libs in terms of performance. So I would love to know more specifically exactly what is included in the N4 bundle and not just the numbers of comps, eqs etc.
Maybe just a list of all bundled programs, to see if buying N4 will bring me value more than the new look and feel so to say with then new content
Old 2nd May 2017
  #750
Here for the gear
 
Kobfried's Avatar
 

hi
everytime i opened the "violet" pre (which sounds amazing!!!) gui in cubase 8.5 the setups reset to "zero". am i alone with this (small) bug?
reg,K.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump