The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 6th February 2017
Gear Addict

Rose and Yellow skins in neb4

Hi my rose and yellow skins aren't showing up in my n4 when i try to use them just gives me the old skin with the sliders...any ideas why.
Old 6th February 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
NebulaSetUPs has been discussed and highly recommended on the AA site as a must have Utility.

ZAB, [coding for N4], also has heard from most Users the absolute need of a similar function for N4.

In ZAP we Trust.

note: the AA forum is THE forum for all Nebula/ACQUA related info. What is viewed here on sites [like GS] is only a small sampling.
The AA forum is also crawling with AA fanboys. Lol
I think outside forums tend to facilitate more balanced and objective dialogue.
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

I post 'just as critical' on either forum.
Old 6th February 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
I post 'just as critical' on either forum.
I wasn't referring to you in particular.
I find your posts detailed, informative and largely bereft of the usual blind reverential schtick.
Old 6th February 2017
Gear Addict

Rose and Yellow skins in neb4

Hi my rose and yellow skins aren't showing up in my n4 when i try to use them just gives me the old skin with the sliders...any ideas why.
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali.bre View Post
I wasn't referring to you in particular.
I find your posts detailed, informative and largely bereft of the usual blind reverential schtick.
Quote:
blind reverential schtick.
Hmmm ... I think I recorded that Band.

Well, I appreciate the comment.

But as to commentary on the AA forum ... granted, there are many threads that deal with things like 3rd party Library offerings, and to those, Yes ... there can often be positive, compliments of them.

I'm not certain that I'd view that in a derogatory way. In fact, it also provides a means for others to seek advice and opinions from those on all sides.

Comparing various forums ... well, everyone makes their own decision as to which ones they read or participate. In my experience, I think the AA forum may tend to a more 'polite' exchange, and for some, the expression, [and possible critique] is one they don't what to HAVE to defend from insinuation.

To me, the 'irritance' are those that have only their view being the only correct one.

Bottom line, and more important, there is a wealth of additional information contained and exchanged at the AA Forums, and all are welcomed to peruse and participate.
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiejaxx View Post
Re-run the compressor library installer.
Old 6th February 2017
Gear Addict

Thanks i'll give it a shot when i go in tmrw, out of the studio atm.
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiejaxx View Post
Thanks i'll give it a shot when i go in tmrw, out of the studio atm.
W10 anniversary update took mine out after they were initially working....tried complete reinstall of the plug to no avail but running the library installer did the job. Hopefully will do the same for you.
Old 7th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
NebulaSetUPs has been discussed and highly recommended on the AA site as a must have Utility.

ZAB, [coding for N4], also has heard from most Users the absolute need of a similar function for N4.

In ZAP we Trust.

note: the AA forum is THE forum for all Nebula/ACQUA related info. What is viewed here on sites [like GS] is only a small sampling.
Be That as it may I find the AA Forum and website in general cluttered and unhelpful mess, I don' gel with the format

I know they said its gonna change but that been said for the last year or so

sorry
Old 7th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali.bre View Post
The AA forum is also crawling with AA fanboys. Lol
I think outside forums tend to facilitate more balanced and objective dialogue.
Agreed never trust a fanboy for an unbiased objective opinion, we on GS don't owe any company anything, they will get the credit or criticism they deserve
Old 7th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
Have to say I'm a bit disappointed at small discount given to N3 users, since I hardly ever used N3, but wanted to check out N4... Probably won't because just feel like as a customer again paying almost full price for upgrade.. I'd like to be a loyal customer but..
That's because nebula 4 is a completely different product from N3, AA call this because both versions run on the same computer at the same time. Apparently and according to numerous fanboy posters we N3 users are being unreasobable because we want an upgrade path to a later version of the same product.

Strange how logic goes out the window when your making money
Old 7th February 2017
Lives for gear

The only missing feature today is nebula setups helper app. We'll have it completed within few months (possibly few weeks) and basically you'll have also a free lite version fully integrated in the product
We are trying to simplify nebula
Old 7th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor For Music View Post
That's because nebula 4 is a completely different product from N3, AA call this because both versions run on the same computer at the same time. Apparently and according to numerous fanboy posters we N3 users are being unreasobable because we want an upgrade path to a later version of the same product.

Strange how logic goes out the window when your making money
Exactly, hahahaha...
Old 7th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
W10 anniversary update took mine out after they were initially working....tried complete reinstall of the plug to no avail but running the library installer did the job. Hopefully will do the same for you.
THANKS a lot,it definitely did do the trick,i had gotten a new computer and figured i'd just need the main neb4 installer and not have to re download all the libraries again ,but guess i needed to.

Also while re downloading the compressor installer i noticd the eq and pre amps installers were updated as well ,was not alerted of that,if it's of any significance anyway would have been great to get an email about it. Anyway thanks again for your help.
Old 7th February 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
The only missing feature today is nebula setups helper app. We'll have it completed within few months (possibly few weeks) and basically you'll have also a free lite version fully integrated in the product
We are trying to simplify nebula
Umm. This is obviously a dead horse at this point, but we're still missing multi racking...
You stated this would be delivered to consumers this February, in your misleading pre N4 promotional spiel, but now you deny this on your forum and say that timeline was for 3rd party devs. Zero accountability and bit of an insult to our intelligence... Some might even say it shows a lack of integrity.

Ambition is great but it's like AA are trying to do do way too many things all at once without first nailing down the basics. I guess we tolerate this haphazardness because of the fantastic sound afforded us, but it's not like these products are free....We are paying customers and I don't think it's too much to expect standards of professionalism, support and clarity of communication from developers we do business with. .

I still don't understand why the release of N4 has been rushed like this. The platform definitely shows much promise and potential but today, it's simply not mature enough to be deployed in important projects yet - even alongside N3. Especially when each new update seems to introduce yet another bug.

Old 7th February 2017
Lives for gear

There are a bunch of topics and threads about it.
The multi-load feature (loading acqua libraries) is under betatesting. I think it will be released in February, at least we don't have delays till now. It was presented in namm
We are able to load acqua plugins and to edit inner programs.
This is not "multi-rack" (please find me a thread or an official announcement from me or the crew about it promised for February!)
It was discussed even in this topic, it is planned but there is not a timeframe. We'll let you know.
There is no rush, everything is following path we planned. But if you think we are too much fast we can reduce the number of updates!

Soon we'll release
- The mast page translated to a simple settings page
- A preset system (!!!)
- Multi-loading = acqua libraries support (new format for 3rd party developers!)

Just immediately after
- Setups, possibly integrated in nebula
- Better management for sidechain/better compatibility vst3

We are currently working on website and aut application. I'm hoping to get both of them in the first semester or even earlier. We are also improving the network support, especially for multi-load.

Last edited by zaphod; 7th February 2017 at 06:30 PM..
Old 13th February 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Perhaps guys if your getting mileage out of AA plugs u could post some songs/ music you mixed using these plugs,
I would love to hear your work with all your amazing tools!

Mastered and/or mixed with N4 and 3rd party programs (as well as plugins from other devs):

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus...-civilizations

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/dream-pastiche

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/tsunami-mon-amour

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus...nowflakes-blue
Old 15th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus View Post
I would love to hear your work with all your amazing tools!

Mastered and/or mixed with N4 and 3rd party programs (as well as plugins from other devs):

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus...-civilizations

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/dream-pastiche

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/tsunami-mon-amour

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus...nowflakes-blue
I started to remix a track using only a AA tools where possible, I been doing a lot of Theatre at Royal Albert Hall in London so I haven't had a chance to get it finished will post when completed
Old 28th February 2017
Lives for gear

Audio Sample Using AA Plugins

Hi All

Ok here is a sample of a track that I have only used the AA plugs, no hardware was used although the guitar amps are not from nebula all the other processing is.

Products Used:
Nebula 3
Lime
Red EQ
Tan
The limiter was Tim Petherick Nebula 3

One reverb from UAD (for convenience)

Any Questions just ask
Attached Files

Crazy Song Vs Demo.wav (5.36 MB, 1922 views)

Old 28th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi,
anyone know where to find out what the YRoy compressors are sampled from? I remember having seen a list somewhere,
but I'm not able to find it again.
Old 2nd March 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oøt View Post
Hi,
anyone know where to find out what the YRoy compressors are sampled from? I remember having seen a list somewhere,
but I'm not able to find it again.
Anyone?:-)
Old 4th March 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Hi All

Ok here is a sample of a track that I have only used the AA plugs, no hardware was used although the guitar amps are not from nebula all the other processing is.

Products Used:
Nebula 3
Lime
Red EQ
Tan
The limiter was Tim Petherick Nebula 3

One reverb from UAD (for convenience)

Any Questions just ask
Sounds good, what was the vocal chain?
Old 5th March 2017
What are the best Nebula tape libraries?
Old 5th March 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggo Myrtle View Post
What are the best Nebula tape libraries?
I bought Tim P's tape machines and answered my own question.

Mind blown.
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintsharp View Post
Sounds good, what was the vocal chain?
Hi which part of the chain are you interested in, I did the work after the vocal was recorded so all the post, using nebula 3 and Lime, which is a Neve 88RS based plugin.
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I bought Tim P's tape machines and answered my own question.

Mind blown.
You cant go prong with Tim P stuff I use his limiter for mastering glue.
Old 11th March 2017
Quote:
You cant go prong with Tim P stuff I use his limiter for mastering glue.
Cool which limiter do you use? I've got his t tape on the mix bus (with a bunch of other stuff - rnd 5043, tim p surge eq) and it's really putting the mix into the pocket. I've got his 36j tape on a parallel drum bus blended in for a bit of excitement. Fantastic sounding plugins to my ears. Couldn't be more satisfied with the tones I am getting from the Tim P plugs (his Neve eq is all over my individual tracks). I just need a new computer to run it all (iMac - protools/logic). I'm freezing and printing as much as I can and it still craps out. Might need a new beasty pc and a new daw.
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cool which limiter do you use? I've got his t tape on the mix bus (with a bunch of other stuff - rnd 5043, tim p surge eq) and it's really putting the mix into the pocket. I've got his 36j tape on a parallel drum bus blended in for a bit of excitement. Fantastic sounding plugins to my ears. Couldn't be more satisfied with the tones I am getting from the Tim P plugs (his Neve eq is all over my individual tracks). I just need a new computer to run it all (iMac - protools/logic). I'm freezing and printing as much as I can and it still craps out. Might need a new beasty pc and a new daw.
Cal 1656
Old 12th March 2017
Please forgive the basic question but could someone please explain I use the skins in N4 (mac - logic)? I believe I have put the skin files in the correct folders. Thanks
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search