The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 4th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor For Music View Post
I own most of the Hardware people go crazy about from API,SSL, Neve and the like, all the plugins from Waves, Most from UAD, cost isn't really an issue for me I have two Octo sats a quad sat 2 x black apollo 8 interfaces quad apollo twin duo (used mainly as a controller). I have audio interfaces by Lynx M Halo etc.

I also use Hybrid mixing so I have an API 1608 with automation.

Answer is yes I can run any amount of UAD plugs, My Mac is an I7.
Here's where you prove my point. You have spent stupid amounts of money on UAD cards, when you could have invested a small fraction of that, and get the full Aqua and Nebula catalogue and a real powerful modern computer (Mac is not anymore the best in 2017, sorry). You would have ended up with an even better result, running as many instances as you wanted of the best emulations out there.
With the remaining money, you could have treated yourself and your family to some amazing holidays, which you seem to need. All that nonsensical negativity could be a sign of something wrong inside, take care of yourself.
Old 4th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I haven't been able to carry out a full mix with AA, the only way could try is render in place as I go, I was going to try mastering with Coral this week.

I only have a laptop i7 Macbook Pro 16mb ram as I travel with it. so it doesn't have an awful lot of CPU power.
I don't know what DAW you use, but Reaper seems to be the most efficient. Pc seems to be better, as well, but I guess Mac is improving.

I use PT12 and MacBook Pro i7 too. I do have to freeze a lot, especially if I am mixing in 88.2. I have to say that the single modules that we have in Lime, Sand and Coral are a lot more efficient. I hope Acustica makes this with all their Channel Strips.

I would only use the full Coral, Sand and Lime in a Mastering situation or on the StereoBus with a lot of things already bounced or frozen.
Old 4th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
I don't know what DAW you use, but Reaper seems to be the most efficient. Pc seems to be better, as well, but I guess Mac is improving.

I use PT12 and MacBook Pro i7 too. I do have to freeze a lot, especially if I am mixing in 88.2. I have to say that the single modules that we have in Lime, Sand and Coral are a lot more efficient. I hope Acustica makes this with all their Channel Strips.

I would only use the full Coral, Sand and Lime in a Mastering situation or on the StereoBus with a lot of things already bounced or frozen.
Ok Standby, I am doing a mix using as much acustica nebula as I can, its a great song performed by an LA based band, I will post the mix as soon as I have something that sounds reasonable.

I have nebula pro but doesn't seem like there is much reverb oprions like digital reverb seems like a lot of room emulations. Anyone point me in the right direction
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Can someone point me in the right direction for Nebula stuff. I have the Pro Bundle but that might not be enough

1. Guitar Amp and Effects distortion
2. Reverbs
3. Chanel EQ I have Red and Pink
4. Limiter

Any other usful mixing stuff for Nebula 3
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can someone point me in the right direction for Nebula stuff. I have the Pro Bundle but that might not be enough

2. Reverbs
4. Limiter

Why do you need anymore Neb 3 mixing libs since you said UAD is better than Neb? You should just invest in UAD for life and remove any Neb 3 or any of the Acqua since it's not "REAL" to you.

You already have tons of UAD and real Hardware..should full use them

Anyway, since money is not an issue, go buy some or all of AlexB, Tim Petherick, Cupwise, Henry Olonga, AITB libs..they are great libs.
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Why do you need anymore Neb 3 mixing libs since you said UAD is better than Neb? You should just invest in UAD for life and remove any Neb 3 or any of the Acqua since it's not "REAL" to you.

You already have tons of UAD and real Hardware..should full use them

Anyway, since money is not an issue, go buy some or all of AlexB, Tim Petherick, Cupwise, Henry Olonga, AITB libs..they are great libs.
Plugins and hardware are just a means to an end, I thought I would put AA to the test and try mixing a track which I will post here since no one else has. I have purchased Nebula 3 Pro, Pink and just now purchased lime because it sounded interesting. But I never used them as the CPU hit was big and sometimes Iam working on tight time constraints.

I think you probably didnt see my previous posts where I say clearly I have support AA and was interested in their gear.

Is there a good limiter, delay, reverb that you recommend?
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Plugins and hardware are just a means to an end, I thought I would put AA to the test and try mixing a track which I will post here since no one else has. I have purchased Nebula 3 Pro, Pink and just now purchased lime because it sounded interesting. But I never used them as the CPU hit was big and sometimes Iam working on tight time constraints.

I think you probably didnt see my previous posts where I say clearly I have support AA and was interested in their gear.

Glad you're supporting AA even tho you have some many hardware/plugins to use

So far, was told that Neb can't do limiter yet hence was recommended to use algo limiters.

Reverb wise, check out:

AITB E.A.R @ https://www.analoginthebox.com/index.php

Gene Lennon @ Gene Lennon - Producer - Mixer - Nebula Library Developer

VNXT @ VNXT SOUND

Cupwise has reverbs and delay @ Reverbs – Cupwise FX

Cheers
Old 5th February 2017
Gear Nut
i don't know if uad smokes nebula but EVERYONE knows UAD products are some of the best ones. They are expensive because we must pay specific soundcards but pros. i know few people using nbula because... we all know why

but all my friends uses UAD because they sound pro, near to real hard and very easy to use.
and no cpu charge thx to processors (opposite of nébula as we know it)

i'll give another try to N3 i bought several years ago but i stop posting there because of some ultimate fanbois.
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

About "few people using nebula" there will be quite some surprises very soon! Especially in the "pro" department!
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

2. Reverbs
4. Limiter

1. I really don't use Nebula for this kind of thing, but there are some.
2. see davidgary's post
3. My favorites Aquas are Sand (SSL Console), Lime (Neve Console) and Purple Bundle (Pultecs). I think that you can build a mix only with this plugs. Sand and Lime have Pres, Bus Compressors and Eqs.
4. I don't use any Nebula limiter, but there are multiband compressors, like Titanium and Pink 2412. I recommend putting Titanium before a good limiter, like DMG Limitless.
Old 5th February 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
About "few people using nebula" there will be quite some surprises very soon! Especially in the "pro" department!
What is good for AA is good for all of us. You told us you're quickly improving your soft, your support, your website and you'll have pro endorsements. That 's I was looking for years from AA .So it's good for me cause I need a full and pro service. Everything is clear in my mind. As I 'm European citizen, I'd like to pay 1st European companies. If you can offer great service I'll take more products to AA. We are WITH you, at your sides not as stupid fanboys BUT as open minded customers (An beta tester of a lot of softs and even OS ) I'd be happy to see AA growing fast for my part.

Last edited by IPascal; 5th February 2017 at 11:53 AM..
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Yes exactly... We are investing in the service
Nowadays we have already a good backend, it sends automatically receipts, reports and so on
We have even a datawarehouse
We are not a single man company any more, we have people working on accounting, support and from a single physical headquarter.
At the moment we are working on the the front-end and authorization process. I understand it is more visible than backend, but there was a path
Old 5th February 2017
Gear Addict

installer file

Question i have N4 ,if there's an installer file in my VST plugin folder should i delete it? Reason being i've had a project or two that i've mixed with alot of N4 instances and they crash when re opening (logic pro x) and i can see that it's because of N4,when i remove it from my plugin folder then it re opens.
Old 5th February 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:

Black Series Limiter. Prime Studio. core 9. Great character action and flavour on some mixes. Good in tandem with their compressor.
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
1. I really don't use Nebula for this kind of thing, but there are some.
2. see davidgary's post
3. My favorites Aquas are Sand (SSL Console), Lime (Neve Console) and Purple Bundle (Pultecs). I think that you can build a mix only with this plugs. Sand and Lime have Pres, Bus Compressors and Eqs.
4. I don't use any Nebula limiter, but there are multiband compressors, like Titanium and Pink 2412. I recommend putting Titanium before a good limiter, like DMG Limitless.
Good call thanks, I just purchased Lime on your recommendation as I have the UAD version of the 88RS and it rocks on most stuff.
SSL was the first pro mixer I ever used at Peer Music Publishing in London, what made that console great was the dynamics on each channel and the buss compressor used sparingly as it has a tendency to kill dynamics if over used. Also it was quite a bit brighter than most of the Neve consoles at that time and it changed the way music sounded forever, it really was the bright clean mixing console to beat.

I might buy the titanium comp, so I can master the track using AA stuff also (Iam not a mastering engineer per say). I am about half way into the mix and already bouncing down stuff (not used to doing that). I tend to work fairly hot so I am getting clipping on the bounces which I will leave in and not try and compensate for.

I am not gonna do anything tricky on this mix just wanna get the levels nice an politely working together, I might try add a bit of vibe from somewhere but not gonna go mad as I don't really know the AA tool set that well and I don't want to use other gear which I would normally use.
Old 5th February 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Yes exactly... We are investing in the service
Nowadays we have already a good backend, it sends automatically receipts, reports and so on
We have even a datawarehouse
We are not a single man company any more, we have people working on accounting, support and from a single physical headquarter.
At the moment we are working on the the front-end and authorization process. I understand it is more visible than backend, but there was a path
okay okay
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

I just purchased Lime, I have to say the authorization process was so easy this time, AA is listening to us TG.

Is there a way with Nebulat 3 you can store a skin with a program rather than changing the global skin each time?
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just purchased Lime, I have to say the authorization process was so easy this time, AA is listening to us TG.

Is there a way with Nebulat 3 you can store a skin with a program rather than changing the global skin each time?
Nebula Setups
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nebula Setups
Was that in relation to Skins if so can you elaborate pls ?
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Was that in relation to Skins if so can you elaborate pls ?
I just have N4, that doesn't have Nebula Setups yet. But I know that you can set individual setting for each library. That includes skin. It is free and you can download on your dashboard.
Old 5th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just have N4, that doesn't have Nebula Setups yet. But I know that you can set individual setting for each library. That includes skin. It is free and you can download on your dashboard.
What a star man you are... thanks

Check out my Accustica Plugs

Have the whole lot from Henry Olonga
Some from Tim Petherick
Attached Thumbnails
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out!-screen-shot-2017-02-05-21.52.36.png  
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

Nebula setups not free just cost me 30 Euros
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

Zaphod how do I get a licence for Nebula Setups ? no .SER file I can see ? No description in the manual of how to get one, perhaps this is one of those guessing games where only AA know the answer ?
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nebula setups not free just cost me 30 Euros
Oh, sorry. As I told you, I don't have N3.
Old 6th February 2017
Quote:
Zaphod how do I get a licence for Nebula Setups ? no .SER file I can see ? No description in the manual of how to get one, perhaps this is one of those guessing games where only AA know the answer ?
If I remember correctly, that comes from Zabukowski. Give him a little time, and you'll get something.

BTW. The power of setups is making a ton of setups with specific things in it, like 1973 pre, or AlexBs SSL, or the Titan stuff from HO, etc. You can take it down to very specific items.
Old 6th February 2017
BCz
Here for the gear

Quote:
I don't own Setups but perhaps this could help you

Buy | Zabukowski Software
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCz View Post
I don't own Setups but perhaps this could help you

Buy | Zabukowski Software
Thanks, I guessed that since AA took the payment they would be the ones to issue the Licence on behalf of Zabukowski, will wait 24 hrs as instructed
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
If I remember correctly, that comes from Zabukowski. Give him a little time, and you'll get something.

BTW. The power of setups is making a ton of setups with specific things in it, like 1973 pre, or AlexBs SSL, or the Titan stuff from HO, etc. You can take it down to very specific items.
Actually this is a very cool app and not really publicized much by AA, I have owned but not used N3 much (till now) for nearly a year and I knew nothing of this.
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

NebulaSetUPs has been discussed and highly recommended on the AA site as a must have Utility.

ZAB, [coding for N4], also has heard from most Users the absolute need of a similar function for N4.

In ZAP we Trust.

note: the AA forum is THE forum for all Nebula/ACQUA related info. What is viewed here on sites [like GS] is only a small sampling.
Old 6th February 2017
Lives for gear

Have to say I'm a bit disappointed at small discount given to N3 users, since I hardly ever used N3, but wanted to check out N4... Probably won't because just feel like as a customer again paying almost full price for upgrade.. I'd like to be a loyal customer but..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search