The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

Not yet... We had discount coupons issued to nebula 3 users. We'll try to renew them (if someone missed the deal)
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post
iPhone Upgrade Program - Apple

Here you go. This should help.

I appreciate the slight on my intelligence. I realize now that Apple says the iPhone is an upgrade and therefore Nebula charges unethical amounts based on this.

I really do feel dumb because it's my fault I participated in this discussion.

My friend, thanks sincerely. I shall concede the Internet to you.

Your example proves your point. My example doesn't.

I guess we COULD conclude that it's not settled law... And it's the domain of the business to set their upgrade and pricing policies. But, my lights aren't on-- so let's just agree that you're correct. K?

Getting back to common ground:

Please do check out coral, it's awesome!

Money well spent, and would unlock further discounts should you choose to purchase N4 later.
I am very close to buying coral, I am just waiting on more info on mac OSX stability and the EQ, a lot are saying the compressor & pre's is great but the EQ not so,

Can I free demo the product if so how long ?
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor For Music View Post
I am very close to buying coral, I am just waiting on more info on mac OSX stability and the EQ, a lot are saying the compressor & pre's is great but the EQ not so,

Can I free demo the product if so how long ?
Generally a 30day fully functional demo. Occasionally they need to be renewed to get the full 30.

I find the EQ to be quite good, the filters are exceptional. Utterly clean.

High-shelf is the one are I think many folks find sub-par. But even that isn't totally fair: that comparison is made to some absolutely crazy good hi-shelves in the Acqua/neb world. It's no slouch, it's just not Pearl either!

It's also not the most flexible eq. But it's designed for broad-strokes and its world-class to that end.
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Generally a 30day fully functional demo. Occasionally they need to be renewed to get the full 30.

I find the EQ to be quite good, the filters are exceptional. Utterly clean.

High-shelf is the one are I think many folks find sub-par. But even that isn't totally fair: that comparison is made to some absolutely crazy good hi-shelves in the Acqua/neb world. It's no slouch, it's just not Pearl either!

It's also not the most flexible eq. But it's designed for broad-strokes and its world-class to that end.
I down loaded the trial found the .SER uploaded the .AUt put this in the same folder but nothing works as usual, I think G had to change or validate it in some way, I have put a support ticket in but as yet no reply
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

Coral that is
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I down loaded the trial found the .SER uploaded the .AUt put this in the same folder but nothing works as usual, I think G had to change or validate it in some way, I have put a support ticket in but as yet no reply
It should be n4.aut
You should place in nebula repository for nebula, and in you executable folder for rose
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
It should be n4.aut
You should place in nebula repository for nebula, and in you executable folder for rose
For Coral, I downloaded Coral on Trial
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

Open a ticket if you experience whatever issue with authorization, trial or commercial
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
open a ticket if you experience whatever issue with authorization, trial or commercial
tech-0000003266
Old 31st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
tech-0000003266
Yours is one of three posts I've read about Coral trial not working btw... Three separate websites. Obviously doesn't seem to be user error. Hopefully this can get fixed.

Hang in there!
Old 31st January 2017
Lives for gear

we confirm the issue on coral trial, we are working on it
Old 31st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
we confirm the issue on coral trial, we are working on it
Will this mean completely uninstalling the product and re installing?

Its s shame as I was going to master a commercial release with it this week.
Old 3rd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yours is one of three posts I've read about Coral trial not working btw... Three separate websites. Obviously doesn't seem to be user error. Hopefully this can get fixed.

Hang in there!
See this stuff is basic, haven't got a problem with supporting companies but I demand the following:

a. good website
b. good customer support
c. free trails (Working)
d. easy installation and authorization.

These are unfortunately lacking at AA and until they are sorted I see people not bothering, you will see I have left an equiry in this thread for Zaphod and to date no response.
Old 3rd February 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
I demand the following:
a. good website
b. good customer support
c. free trails (Working)
d. easy installation and authorization.
And you're right. everyone asked for that for years. It's still a pain to use nebula. Bought it 3 years ago lol and still trying using it... When I buy a plugin to... presonus harrison slate waves sknote... I can use it immediately I pay, i receive the bill, the code, I install the plugins, activation/ilok and it simply WORKS. I'm sure acustica audio' s members suffers too as I see Zaphod coming there for support everytime everyday or almost which is not a comfortable position for him I guess. With a nice a clear system (website activation etc) everything could be automatic and easier for everyone.

I never had a contact with slate waves presonus sknote harrison or other cies for a plugin, NE VER. (Even on open source world, support is ... pro now. ) That's why I won't take another product to AA until they fix EVERYTHING. I 'd be happy to support more a small cy as AA because they developed an incredible technology but not for such pain anymore.

When I try (I make a try you can call it a raid if you prefer lol) each year I know I'm going to suffer A LOT and I need a mental preparation before.

Now N3 is installed, activated, some of packs (new packs called multiplateform commercial librairy 4 as ancient ones for N3 Pro disappeared from my dashboard lol) installed but not the complete pack (because it's a pain), they can be launched on N3 but the sound doesn't change at all lol... So I take a breath and I'll make another try next week. Something still wrong don't know why! plugin activated, some of packs installed and recognized, I clic on it but sound doesn't change. OMG.

It's only a plugin not a religious artefact and we have dozens/millions everywhere for all OS (includes IOS and android now ! ) Maybe, as our American friends says, I'm actually beating a dead horse ! And even a dead cow I guess ;0)

Hope you laughed a bit because I know it's not easy. I know but don't care as noone as been hurt even an cow or a horse so let's take some fresh air and take all the time needed. When it works its sounds great.

Last edited by IPascal; 3rd February 2017 at 01:28 PM..
Old 3rd February 2017
Lives for gear

@Pascal
You listed companies that have all been kracked or have zero copy protection.

AA Aqua is has never been breached in their current CopyProtection method.

It has NEVER taken me more than 5 minutes to activate.
@Motor
Each of your 4 points are things I see from others often enough that I have no doubt they are impactful.

Being fair: I've never had issue with the website. Never had issue with a demo, or commercial product activating. Never had an issue with customer service etc...

Zaphod does a great job of responding here, on multiple threads no less- and his own forum. But: issues serious enough to air out publicly should be coordinated with a ticket in their system to give them a fighting chance to actually help. (Check spam if you don't see a response to an open ticket).

Again, I'm not discounting these opinions and experiences. I AM however saying that they are not shared or experienced by everyone.

AA has done (IMO) a killer job of addressing these and other issues. Some previous ones are totally fixed; others on the road map still.

New Auth procedure and Website have been promised and I'm quite sure we will see them this year.

Now... I'd love to see Navy on the roadmap for an optimization... But hey, we've all got something. And I think AA still has to pick and choose where to focus their efforts.

And I final thought:
Klanghelm

^^Im listing all the Developers I've never seen someone on GS complain about. It's a really long list. Make sure you have some time set aside in order to get through it.
Old 3rd February 2017
Viking4
@IPascal

I love Acustica but I had to laugh:

"It's only a plugin not a religious artefact"

LMFAO not pointed at Acustica but this can also apply elsewhere
Old 3rd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPascal View Post
It's only a plugin not a religious artefact .
You did make me laugh with that one, maybe not a religious artifact ? Dam I was looking for the Holy Grail of Plugins

Aren't you ?
Old 3rd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
@Pascal
You listed companies that have all been kracked or have zero copy protection.

AA Aqua is has never been breached in their current CopyProtection method
In Fact its so good not even paying customers can crack it
Old 3rd February 2017
Viking4
Quote:
Ok now you're being bad.
Old 3rd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ha! Touché!

I do like how they handle it though. My investments are protected; I have no ilok. I'm happy.
Old 4th February 2017
Viking4
In honesty the authorization scheme took me a while to figure out the first time. But since then I have had no problems.

EDIT: Other than when I had to figure out where the N4 SER file was.

Last edited by Viking4; 4th February 2017 at 12:11 AM.. Reason: correction
Old 4th February 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
You did make me laugh with that one, maybe not a religious artifact ? Dam I was looking for the Holy Grail of Plugins

Aren't you ?
pray more it will work and let you see the Light @David Ray maybe we can have fun because it's not so important after all. and i don't crack my plugins. I pay them.
Old 4th February 2017
Lives for gear

We are working on the website!
We are doing it as much fast as possible
Old 4th February 2017
Viking4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking4 View Post
In honesty the authorization scheme took me a while to figure out the first time. But since then I have had no problems.

Crap I'm not helping.

But seriously it's not so bad.
Old 4th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPascal View Post
pray more it will work and let you see the Light @David Ray maybe we can have fun because it's not so important after all. and i don't crack my plugins. I pay them.
Pascal-

I am 100% not suggesting you do that.

I am pointing out that there may be a downside to how others do it, and an upside to how AA does it.

I was not meaning for you to take it as an accusation.

I was trying to make sure, when comparing companies/practices/models that we are comparing things fairly.

Saying that companies with poor protection or no protection have easier installation is not an indictment on AA. The way the do installations provides a level of still unmatched security without a dongle.

Hopefully my post makes more sense.
Old 4th February 2017
Gear Nut
Quote:
Pascal-

I am 100% not suggesting you do that.

I am pointing out that there may be a downside to how others do it, and an upside to how AA does it.

I was not meaning for you to take it as an accusation.

I was trying to make sure, when comparing companies/practices/models that we are comparing things fairly.

Saying that companies with poor protection or no protection have easier installation is not an indictment on AA. The way the do installations provides a level of still unmatched security without a dongle.

Hopefully my post makes more sense.
I was just kidding ! AA plugins are really impressive. even free ones.OCHRE works like a real hardware. easy to learn hard to master !

Quote:
We are working on the website!
We are doing it as much fast as possible
Of course zaphod ! thanks a lot. don't worry as i'm a fan of your products :0)
Old 4th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Try The Coral Trial, you might be unpleasantly surprised
Old 4th February 2017
Viking4
Quote:
Try The Coral Trial, you might be unpleasantly surprised
I have Coral, I can't remember if I demoed. If the demo doesn't work at this rev that's too bad.

But I thought I read somewhere they were going to fix some issues with Coral. Is it critical to your work?
Old 4th February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have Coral, I can't remember if I demoed. If the demo doesn't work at this rev that's too bad.

But I thought I read somewhere they were going to fix some issues with Coral. Is it critical to your work?
No I Just bought UAD's Chandler Curv Bender EQ and Zener Limiter, and it smokes all the nebula stuff and Pink, and tan lol
Old 4th February 2017
Viking4
Quote:
No I Just bought UAD's Chandler Curv Bender EQ and Zener Limiter, and it smokes all the nebula stuff and Pink, and tan lol
Allrighty then
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search