The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 24th December 2016
  #31
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by profvonsok View Post
Not a fan of a company that keeps releasing new products before other recently released products are stable and working well for all.
I hear that. Audio plugin development is a general pain in the ass. i would never subject myself to it. Too many system variables to worry about. Makes me ill just thinking about it.

The way I look at it, as of right now at least, the best bet with Acqua/Nebula is a 64-bit Windows 7-10, Intel i7 4th generation and higher Cockos REAPER 5 setup. It is the most CPU and RAM efficient DAW out there along with (from what I've heard a few developers have write/say) its VST implementation is stellar in comparison to other DAWs.

It's not perfect but I've rarely had issues with it. Acustica will continue to improve and iron out bugs but for anyone wanting to hop on the Nebula train TODAY a Windows REAPER system is the best way to go.
Old 24th December 2016
  #32
Lives for gear
 
tkaitkai's Avatar
 

Hey @zaphod, cheers on the release! If you don't mind me asking, what libraries are included with N4 Free? Would love to try this out!
Old 24th December 2016
  #33
Lives for gear
 

My 2 biggest questions before I buy are

1. Is the demand for cpu more optimized?

2. Can the previous libraries from N3 be loaded into N4 and N4 free?

My biggest concern though is the CPU. if that has been optimized much more efficient N4 will probably be the only eq's and preamps I will use.
Old 24th December 2016
  #34
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
The way I look at it, as of right now at least, the best bet with Acqua/Nebula is a 64-bit Windows 7-10, Intel i7 4th generation
No.
Intel i7 5th and 6th generation with AVX2 instructions
Old 24th December 2016
  #35
Hi

Another vote for missing os x installers. Please asap . Thank you.
Old 24th December 2016
  #36
Lives for gear
 

Just bought N4 and got Rose for Mac AAX and VST
Installed it and toy while waiting N4 installers
Old 24th December 2016
  #37
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
My 2 biggest questions before I buy are

1. Is the demand for cpu more optimized?

2. Can the previous libraries from N3 be loaded into N4 and N4 free?

My biggest concern though is the CPU. if that has been optimized much more efficient N4 will probably be the only eq's and preamps I will use.
Yes but only for new libraries.
An example is boeing 747 comp, still based on old techniques, it is twice heavier.
New compressors have all insane program rates (40 microseconds) and they are still pretty light on cpu.

Yes you can load 3rd party libraries. All 3rd party libraries are supported

You cannot load old acustica commercial library, but we repacked it with skins. This is the only thing we modified. Using old init files you could use it too, but you could experience clash of names if you use the old version and the new version at the same time
We suggest to install n4 in a different folder
Old 24th December 2016
  #38
Is there option to create own skins for combining multiple instances into one plugin window or we need to use Nyrv Agent again?
Old 24th December 2016
  #39
Lives for gear
 

so my old libraries are rendered useless? are there any tube preamps or just tube programs in N4 like thats comparable to cdsoundmasters vintage tube? so to reiterate my question, N4 is light on cpu now? thats my only deal breaker.
Old 24th December 2016
  #40
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
all 3rd party libraries will work
cdsoundmaster, alexb, ... whatever.... they are the 3rd party library. They will work. Protected, not protected, downloaded from whatever website for the exception of acustica-audio.com

the old acustica commercial library (8 GB files downloaded from acustica-audio.com will NOT work, there is a new one


About skins, there is a new way for doing them. There is also a way for using the new executables as nebula3 instances
Old 24th December 2016
  #41
can we demo the new nebula?
Old 24th December 2016
  #42
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Yes there is a trial version, now finally working on Windows. Download n4 free, install the trial library, run a preset. It will generate the usual ser file (like it happens for 3rd party libraries)
Upload the ser on our website. It is a 30 days trial version (nebula free will not stop working, just the trial library)
Old 24th December 2016
  #43
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
So you uploaded your file to their server ?
Hi, Yes and recieved an .aut file and I haven't seen the plugin yet. The .ser file
just appeared in the repository folder after installing N4 but ???
I have tried putting the vst3 files in any vst3 folder there is, yet no plugin in the manager.
Old 24th December 2016
  #44
Gear Addict
When will the OSX files come up? And librarys, those folder are empty, its only PC files that seem to be up on the page.
Old 24th December 2016
  #45
Lives for gear
 

So N4 free will run oldl library too? Also is cpu significantly improved. If so I'm buying after i test with N4
Old 24th December 2016
  #46
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
Hi, Yes and recieved an .aut file and I haven't seen the plugin yet. The .ser file
just appeared in the repository folder after installing N4 but ???
I have tried putting the vst3 files in any vst3 folder there is, yet no plugin in the manager.
Installed vst3 only here to default folder and Cubase 9 found it (Win10)

How about giving some specifics like what o/s you are on and where you found the vst3 plug installed to.

Also the ser file should not just appear after installing...it takes a run of the plugin with DAW running as admin (on Windows)
Old 24th December 2016
  #47
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
So N4 free will run oldl library too? Also is cpu significantly improved. If so I'm buying after i test with N4
Do you have Zaphod on forum block or something....he answered this clearly the last two times you asked!

Yes it runs old 3rd party library, the old Acustica library is reworked/updated.

CPU is same with old libraries....but can be more efficient with new libraries.
Old 24th December 2016
  #48
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Installed vst3 only here to default folder and Cubase 9 found it (Win10)

How about giving some specifics like what o/s you are on and where you found the vst3 plug installed to.

Also the ser file should not just appear after installing...it takes a run of the plugin with DAW running as admin (on Windows)
Hi, I know what your saying, that's why I mentioned it. I am using Cubase 9.
8.1 windows. Have all vst folders. Just installed REAPER and it seems not to recognise N4, vst2 or 3, So, lost. Thanks.
Old 24th December 2016
  #49
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
Do you have Zaphod on forum block or something....he answered this clearly the last two times you asked!

Yes it runs old 3rd party library, the old Acustica library is reworked/updated.

CPU is same with old libraries....but can be more efficient with new libraries.
If you read his response he stated about N4 Not free because that's What i asked about N4 not N4 free. What are you gearslut police? If I'm not understanding clearly I'm going too ask as its my money spent. Did my follow up question ruin your day?
Old 24th December 2016
  #50
Gear Maniac
 

after having installed Nebula 4, here are two things to help with the installation:

there are two N4.SER files
- one for nebula 4, usually found in C:\nebula4temprepository
- one for rose, found where the plugin is installed (like with aqua´s plugins)

upload one of the SER files and place the license in the two locations.

if you have Nebula 3 installed and want to use your old libraries in Nebula 4 add this line to the configuration xmls (N4.xml and N4ZL.xml)
<ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH>c:\nebulatemprepository\</ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH>
Old 24th December 2016
  #51
Lives for gear
 
gilmanoel's Avatar
Hello, Nebula Free also load 3rd party libraries or just the commercial version? Thank you.
Old 24th December 2016
  #52
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
If you read his response he stated about N4 Not free because that's What i asked about N4 not N4 free. What are you gearslut police? If I'm not understanding clearly I'm going too ask as its my money spent. Did my follow up question ruin your day?
I think you are overreacting to a simple comment.
The question was a serious one based on the fact Zaphod first answer said
Quote:
Yes you can load 3rd party libraries. All 3rd party libraries are supported
And your next post says
Quote:
so my old libraries are rendered useless?
So seems like you haven't seen his comment at this point

Admittedly I missed that your third request was specific to N4 Free....but I was still trying to also give the info.
Old 24th December 2016
  #53
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by illsoulprod View Post
Where are the xml files located?
in the folder where the plugin is installed (N4.dll and N4ZL.dll)
Old 24th December 2016
  #54
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
Hi, I know what your saying, that's why I mentioned it. I am using Cubase 9.
8.1 windows. Have all vst folders. Just installed REAPER and it seems not to recognise N4, vst2 or 3, So, lost. Thanks.
I didn't install the vst2 but the vst3 installed like this if you want to check you have everything in the correct place.

C:/Program Files/Common Files.

Inside there is N4.xml and N4ZL.xml and then there are folders for both titled N4.vst3 and N4ZL.vst3
Inside of each folder should be sub folders and then a single file - Contents/x64/N4.vst3
Old 24th December 2016
  #55
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
If you read his response he stated about N4 Not free because that's What i asked about N4 not N4 free. What are you gearslut police? If I'm not understanding clearly I'm going too ask as its my money spent. Did my follow up question ruin your day?
N4 free loads normal nebula free libraries.
It doesn't expire. Anyway there is a news: it can load also trial libraries. Trial libraries do expire.
Main difference between the commercial and the free product: you don't need to authorize the free. Free nebula cannot load commercial libraries (ie 3rd party ones). Free nebula executable is free, you can move, even share. The engine located in the engines folder is also an acqua vst engine

N4 commercial on the other side is not free. Engine located in engines folder is also a nebula 3 vst commercial, it can load everything and it can be used as acqua vst engine.
Old 24th December 2016
  #56
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
I didn't install the vst2 but the vst3 installed like this if you want to check you have everything in the correct place.

C:/Program Files/Common Files.

Inside there is N4.xml and N4ZL.xml and then there are folders for both titled N4.vst3 and N4ZL.vst3
Inside of each folder should be sub folders and then a single file - Contents/x64/N4.vst3
Yes, that's what I got. I'll have to have yet another go. Cubase 9 hasn't helped with "blacklisting" the vst2 files. So I'm going to go away, calm down, and start again later. Thanks for your help.
Old 24th December 2016
  #57
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
N4 free loads normal nebula free libraries.
It doesn't expire. Anyway there is a news: it can load also trial libraries. Trial libraries do expire.
Main difference between the commercial and the free product: you don't need to authorize the free. Free nebula cannot load commercial libraries (ie 3rd party ones). Free nebula executable is free, you can move, even share. The engine located in the engines folder is also an acqua vst engine

N4 commercial on the other side is not free. Engine located in engines folder is also a nebula 3 vst commercial, it can load everything and it can be used as acqua vst engine.
okay thanks this answered my questions. I was just making sure before i download the free to test, i'll probably go ahead and just buy the full library. thanks.
Old 24th December 2016
  #58
Gear Nut
 

>><ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH>c:\nebulatemprepository\</ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH><<

Thanks!
Win 7 64bit'
Works in Reaper.
Crashes Studio One 3.3.x

Happy Holidays!
Old 24th December 2016
  #59
Gear Addict
 
Sgalb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
Is there problems with paypal?
Yes, I called PayPal and they said the site is marked as "high risk" and if I wanted to buy from the site I couldn't use paypal.

Sent ticket to acustica-no response yet, and posted on the forum there. Everyone buying it in EU seems to be fine idk if its a US thing.

Last edited by Sgalb; 24th December 2016 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 24th December 2016
  #60
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgalb View Post
Yes, I called PayPal and they said the site is marked as "high risk" and if I wanted to buy from the site I couldn't use paypal.

Sent ticket to acustica-no response yet, and posted on the forum there. Everyone buying it in EU seems to be fine idk if its a US thing.
Whaaat?? I placed (and my partners did same) numerous orders on Acustica and paid over PayPal. I just did same few weeks ago at Relab website(not same but same paypal gateway).

I mean WTH?? Do you really need to ask paypal is this website secure??? I mean it's like you think some thief is behind some Acustica page or something. They are simply using paypal as one of gateway. Obviously PayPal will say that if there is no SSL certificate or something like that (acustica not paying paypal certificate fees) but i can assure you you are free to order on Acustica website and noone will steal anything from your paypal. Just as you can do that on numerous webstores for which PayPal will say same - not secure - by their standards.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump