The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 16th January 2017
  #481
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Ok I've alerted Enrique on your post here. In the worst case we can provide old-style init files

Yes I'm attending namm but there is the complete crew in the office today. It's interesting someone solved issues using old init files.. Maybe a part of the library is based on the old protection? Just guessing here. Reading here and our forum it seems like we have 4-5 tickets not answered
Thank you.

What would change in Nebula 4 using and old init file?
Old 16th January 2017
  #482
I've had the same problem with Nebula 3. If you go back through the threads, you'll find that not being able to open songs has been a consistent thing.
Old 16th January 2017
  #483
Lives for gear
 

I also have this problem with Nebula 3,but with N4 and old INIT files I dont have it at all.
Old 16th January 2017
  #484
Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
I also have this problem with Nebula 3,but with N4 and old INIT files I dont have it at all.

Well that's good news.

So, you just took the init files from your N3 folder, and copied them into your N4 folder?

Thanks.
Old 16th January 2017
  #485
Lives for gear
 

INIT files from Programs and Vectors folders in Nebula3 folder replace INIT in Programs and Vectors folders in Nebula4 folder
Old 16th January 2017
  #486
Thanks very much. If this does it, I'll owe you some real gratitude.
Old 16th January 2017
  #487
Gear Nut
 
IAMCRISIS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Rel D is old... Maybe the session was corrupted, just remove nebula and open it
Check rel F, it seems like all issues are fixed (anyway it won't load a corrupted session)
Is anybody reading my entire post? I clearly wrote that I update to the latest version (rev F) after trying Rev D in my post and I'm still having the same issue!

This is really getting frustrating. I'm really close to asking for a refund! Don't mean to take out my frustration on anybody here either. I really do appreciate the help!
Old 16th January 2017
  #488
Gear Nut
 
IAMCRISIS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
Unfortunately, this is a fact of life with Protools and Acustica plugins. You will be happily going along and all of a sudden a song that opened fine last time will no longer load.

The best thing I can tell you is to use "commit" often, and hide and make inactive you main tracks. If you need to edit, you can delete the committed track, and make the original tracks active.
That's a real ****ty way of working brother. LoL... Plus I'm not using N4 on individual tracks right now. I'm just using the console emulations on my Aux groups and 2 Bus. I'm not trying to have to print new stems every time I want to make an EQ or compression change. That would take up too much time and I would probably start to lose business. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 16th January 2017
  #489
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCRISIS View Post
Is nobody reading my entire post? I clearly wrote that I update to the latest version (rev F) after trying Rev D in my post and I'm still having the same issue!

This is really getting frustrating. I'm really close to asking for a refund! Don't mean to take out my frustration on anybody here either. Appreciate the help!
Did you try the INIT thing mentioned above yet?

I haven't but will at some point.

EDIT: Maybe I assumed that you had N3 incorrectly?
Old 16th January 2017
  #490
Gear Nut
 
IAMCRISIS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmission View Post
Did you try the INIT thing mentioned above yet?

I haven't but will at some point.

EDIT: Maybe I assumed that you had N3 incorrectly?
I don't have N3. Just had somebody that does send me those 2 files and tried it out. Not only did it not work for me. My N4 was showing that it wasn't authorized so I had to put the originals back.
Old 16th January 2017
  #491
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCRISIS View Post
I don't have N3. Just had somebody that does send me those 2 files and tried it out. Not only did it not work for me. My N4 was showing that it wasn't authorized so I had to put the originals back.
You need init files specifically for your computer
You need to raise a ticket. I know there are 4-5 tickets pending reporting issues, among an huge number of installations, they will be replied asap. I know Enrique and Franci are preparing a new version for pt, the best way for solving a specific issue is though tickets or at least our forum or the support/info email (ie [email protected]) if the ticket was not answered properly
If they dont solve ask a refund. We are trying to solve issues as much fast as possible, there are only these pt issues now (very few cases)
Old 16th January 2017
  #492
Gear Nut
 
IAMCRISIS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
You need init files specifically for your computer
You need to raise a ticket. I know there are 4-5 tickets pending reporting issues, among an huge number of installations, they will be replied asap. I know Enrique and Franci are preparing a new version for pt, the best way for solving a specific issue is though tickets or at least our forum or the support/info email (ie [email protected]) I'd the ticket was not answered properly
This is the reply I got.

"Thank you contacting Acustica Audio.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of queries and we will respond to your message within 7 working days.

Please be patient and don't send multiple inquiries regarding the same query. If you want to replay us or add further information, please do it in the same ticket."

I'm guessing their hands may be a little full with getting ready for NAMM. I'm just blowing clouds of peace in the air trying to stay patient. LoL
Old 16th January 2017
  #493
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
No because only two people are attending namm, but I appreciate your patience! We'll try to do our best... Sorry for the inconvenience
Old 16th January 2017
  #494
Gear Nut
 
IAMCRISIS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
No because only two people are attending namm, but I appreciate your patience! We'll try to do our best... Sorry for the inconvenience
All good brother. I really want this thing to work because I'm really digging the factory Programs as well as some of these 3rd Party Programs (AlexB - 4KC-PRO & Henry Olonga All You Can EAT) I picked up. I'm new to Nebula. I'm a big UAD user but I think this would be a great addition to my workflow and sound so I'm hanging in there for now. At one point Pro Tools was loading up fine with multiple instances of N4 but now it must be trying read and/or generate a file that is corrupted while the session is loading the tracks with N4 inserted on them and making Pro Tools crash.
Old 16th January 2017
  #495
Gear Nut
 

Anyone else getting repeated crashing in Sonar?

How do I find this Browser mentioned in the manual? Is that where I am supposed to load my programs?

Is anyone else finding N4 to be extraordinarily slow?
Old 16th January 2017
  #496
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
From your description nebula is working as it was rebuilding the cache each time/ it causes crashes and slowness)
- Remove a file named n4_installer.xml from your vst3 folder of any
- Use revision F
- Use the legacy option (disable second level cache)
- In the worst case use init files provided with n4 free (init.n2p and init.n2v)

Typical loading time for the commercial library is 0.4 seconds
Old 16th January 2017
  #497
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCRISIS View Post
I don't have N3. Just had somebody that does send me those 2 files and tried it out. Not only did it not work for me. My N4 was showing that it wasn't authorized so I had to put the originals back.
Sorry, I assumed that you had N3.

If this swap indeed solves some problems, maybe AA will be able to finally see what is happening.
Old 16th January 2017
  #498
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
- In the worst case use init files provided with n4 free (init.n2p and init.n2v
Tried that and didn't work. It creates a NEBULA.ser file in the presets folder and asks for Authorization. If I put the AUT that I used for Nebula Free, it crashes.
Old 16th January 2017
  #499
Gear Nut
 
IAMCRISIS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
From your description nebula is working as it was rebuilding the cache each time/ it causes crashes and slowness)
- Remove a file named n4_installer.xml from your vst3 folder of any
- Use revision F
- Use the legacy option (disable second level cache)
- In the worst case use init files provided with n4 free (init.n2p and init.n2v)

Typical loading time for the commercial library is 0.4 seconds

I removed the N4_installer.xml file from my AAX plugins folder

I'm using Revision F

Not sure what you mean by "Use the legacy option (disable second level cache)" I'm a newby to Nebula. LoL

The INIT files from N4 Free do not work.

My only work around to be able to open the session without crashing Pro Tools is to deactivate all of the instances of N4 before saving and closing the session.
Old 16th January 2017
  #500
Lives for gear
 
stella645's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCRISIS View Post
I removed the N4_installer.xml file from my AAX plugins folder

I'm using Revision F

Not sure what you mean by "Use the legacy option (disable second level cache)" I'm a newby to Nebula. LoL

The INIT files from N4 Free do not work.

My only work around to be able to open the session without crashing Pro Tools is to deactivate all of the instances of N4 before saving and closing the session.
You realise that post from zaphod was not for/to you but in response to the post just before it.
Old 16th January 2017
  #501
Gear Maniac
 
JayFalcon's Avatar
Nebula 4 Beta , the thread
Old 16th January 2017
  #502
Gear Nut
 
IAMCRISIS's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
You realise that post from zaphod was not for/to you but in response to the post just before it.

I kind of figured after the fact but it didn't hurt to try what he was talking about at this point. LoL
Old 16th January 2017
  #503
Gear Nut
 
AcusticaSupport's Avatar
 

IAMCRISIS, goshalev and others OSX Pro Tools N4 users.

Main first post, N4 (Nebula4) is finally out!, • View topic - N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! was updated.
Old 16th January 2017
  #504
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
From your description nebula is working as it was rebuilding the cache each time/ it causes crashes and slowness)
- Remove a file named n4_installer.xml from your vst3 folder of any
- Use revision F
- Use the legacy option (disable second level cache)
- In the worst case use init files provided with n4 free (init.n2p and init.n2v)

Typical loading time for the commercial library is 0.4 seconds
I only installed vst2.

Using the latest as I just bought it today.

How does one disable second level cache?

How does one "use" init files provided with n4 free and why would I do this?

How do I find my libraries (AlexB, TimP etc)? In Nebula3, I would right click on Init but you guys have taken that away apparently and I have no idea where to find my libraries. Your manual mentions something about a Browser but do I find that?

And now Nebula3 Reverb is crashing Sonar every time I add an instance.

Last edited by manymanyhaha; 17th January 2017 at 12:33 AM..
Old 17th January 2017
  #505
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
The menu is available with right click on the menu browser
They are preparing an installer for disabling second level cache (reverting to the classic nebula one)
Old 17th January 2017
  #506
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
The menu is available with right click on the menu browser
They are preparing an installer for disabling second level cache (reverting to the classic nebula one)
What are you calling the menu browser?

Will disabling the second level cache fix these new crashes with Nebula 3?
Old 17th January 2017
  #507
Gear Maniac
 
zabukowski's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by manymanyhaha View Post
What are you calling the menu browser?
Right-click on the "Finder" button.
Old 19th January 2017
  #508
Lives for gear
 
zaphod's Avatar
Come and try one of the 16000 official analog gear emulations! We are very sorry namm is so short... Testing a single one for just 60 seconds makes 11 days without even sleeping!!
Everything loaded in a single plugin.
Old 20th January 2017
  #509
Lives for gear
 
Arksun's Avatar
A bit late to the party here but couple of questions:

1) Is there an upgrade price going from Nebula 3 to 4? I can't seem to find it on the website, only the full price option.

2) Can Nebula 4 be installed alongside Nebula 3 so old projects that used Nebula 3 still load that version?
Old 20th January 2017
  #510
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
2) Can Nebula 4 be installed alongside Nebula 3 so old projects that used Nebula 3 still load that version?
Yes. N-4 is a separate product. Projects with Neb-3 will load Neb-3.

Some confusion. Even though N-4 does load Nebula-3 libraries [and actually they sound even better], N-4 cannot directly link to the Neb-3 repository due to conflicts in Authorization [INIT] files.

So, unless something changes, you must duplicate libraries between the 2 repositories.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump