The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking4 View Post
Just a quick report, I managed to get the Henry Olonga AYCE N3 library working well under N4. I put the library under C:\nebula4temprepository\AlternativeDataPath\HenryOlongaN3
A rather newb question from me.....what is the difference between putting vectors and programs in this folder and just putting them in the main vectors and programs folders of NebTempRepository.

I understand why people are using altdatapath to point to different drives etc but when the parent folder is the same what is the advantage of doing this?
Old 9th January 2017
Here for the gear

Any 32bit AAX version planned?
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamasar View Post
Any 32bit AAX version planned?
No....They stated N4 will only be 64bit.
Old 9th January 2017
Lives for gear

@zaphod When does the preorder sale end? I am interested but not quite ready to buy.
Old 9th January 2017
Viking4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stella645 View Post
A rather newb question from me.....what is the difference between putting vectors and programs in this folder and just putting them in the main vectors and programs folders of NebTempRepository.

I understand why people are using altdatapath to point to different drives etc but when the parent folder is the same what is the advantage of doing this?
I do it for file management in case I have to handle the files in the future.

I believe the preset finder in N4 will organize the presets by developer no matter what you do, Nebula experts correct me if I'm wrong.

I just like having my files organized.

EDIT: I already had to handle the files with the Henry Olonga AYCE missing files update.

Last edited by Viking4; 9th January 2017 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: Additional Info
Old 10th January 2017
Gear Maniac

The new version uploaded today still fails to load in PT because it's not a valid 64bit plugin
Old 10th January 2017
Lives for gear

Tested with PT 12.7 Windows 10
Everything is OK

Uninstall and install
When updating I had Finder problems
Old 10th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshalev View Post
Tested with PT 12.7 Windows 10
Everything is OK

Uninstall and install
When updating I had Finder problems
I'm on OSX 10.8.5 PTHD 12.4

Had the same problem with previous version and was told to wait for the next version. Still no luck.
Old 12th January 2017
Lives for gear

The new update is bad for me. It takes LONG! Too load and I can no longer choose a preset via the lcd screen anymore. Can I go to the previous n4 please. I tested this on all 3 versions on windows
Old 12th January 2017
Lives for gear

Use right click on the browser button, you have also old menu.
We are creating a new installer which disable the second level cache for people experiencing issues, we'll release it within few hours.
Normally the second level cache improves dramatically the loading time, but as all ne features it could not work perfectly on all possible systems, so we are offering an option

About mac osx: most of known issues were caused by permission issues
Old 12th January 2017
working fine on my mac mini 2012 in logic pro 10.2.4 but I really hope you can add 3rd party library management inside plugin soon instead of going each time to xml after updating. keep up the good work .
Old 12th January 2017
Lives for gear

Yes we are working on it right now
Old 12th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post
The new update is bad for me. It takes LONG! Too load and I can no longer choose a preset via the lcd screen anymore. Can I go to the previous n4 please. I tested this on all 3 versions on windows
If loading is slow maybe you have the same issue as me....I installed rev E yesterday and Rev F today and in both installs a file from installation that should be auto deleted after first run of the plug was still there causing rescan of the database with every new instance loaded.

If you have N4_installer.xml and N4zl_installer.xml files in your plugins folder/s you need to delete or rename them.
Old 14th January 2017
Gear Maniac
I bought N4 but cannot get it to recognize the authorization. I'm a nebula/acqua veteran so I know the process well. I setup a ticket with support and about once a week I get a reply asking me the basic questions I already quickly and clearly answered in my initial message. Then I reply and then silence again for another week. I don't know what's happening over there but I'm starting to give up my fanboy status. I had planned to buy a few more plugins but I refuse until I can get the products I already purchased working.

Other than that, it's great stuff.
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by worksinframes View Post
I bought N4 but cannot get it to recognize the authorization. I'm a nebula/acqua veteran so I know the process well. I setup a ticket with support and about once a week I get a reply asking me the basic questions I already quickly and clearly answered in my initial message. Then I reply and then silence again for another week. I don't know what's happening over there but I'm starting to give up my fanboy status. I had planned to buy a few more plugins but I refuse until I can get the products I already purchased working.

Other than that, it's great stuff.
So is your N4 working now?
Old 14th January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
So is your N4 working now?
Nope! What's funny is that's the same (and only) question I've received from support!
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nope! What's funny is that's the same (and only) question I've received from support!
Did you try the latest version we released yesterday? Is your host 64 bits?
Old 14th January 2017
Gear Maniac
I have not but I will happily try that when I'm back in the studio tomorrow!

Yes, I'm in Logic X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hahaha..i'm no AA support for sure. I'm just lending a helping hand as i'm on Logic as well. Try the new installer and see what if that works
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Nut

Maybe somebody here can help me. I'm running Pro Tools 12.7 on a MacBook Pro running 10.9.5

I was working on a session with a few instances of N4 (1.0.011.0 Rel D) without any issues at all. CPU usage was great as well. I was using AlexB Classic Logic Console on 4 Stereo Mix Busses and 1 on the 2 Bus. I also had another instance of N4 on the 2 Bus with the Tape 5042 II loaded into it. Saved the session and went to reopen it the next day and now Pro Tools crashes in the middle of loading up that session. The only way I can get the session to load without Pro Tools crashing is by loading up the session with all of the plugins disabled. I updated to the latest version of N4 (1.0.012.0 Rel F) and I get the same results. I even tried Reinstalling the plugin after a crash, deleting everything inside of the Temp folder and deleting the ~scanboot.xml inside of the Setups folder and still, Pro Tools crashes every time in the middle of loading the session.

After getting the session to load with all of the plugins disabled, I loaded just 1 instance of N4, saved the session and quit Pro Tools, tried to load the session and as soon as the loading bar got to the track with N4 loaded onto it, Pro Tools crashed. Doesn't matter how many instances I have loaded. 1 or 5. Pro Tools crashes every time in the middle of loading up a session but loads perfectly fine without any instances of N4.

Anybody having the same issue or have a solution?

Thinking of asking for a refund if I can't get this resolved. I really like the way it sounds though!

Last edited by IAMCRISIS; 15th January 2017 at 09:21 PM..
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

My experience with n4 free:

open plugin......close plugin...go to bed

granted I'm not a very smart man.
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Maniac
I just downloaded and installed the latest version of N4 (AU for Logic X). I also went through the authorization process. "Rose" now works but N4 is STILL saying it needs authorization. I've done this several times now since buying N4 two weeks ago and I still can't use it. Please help.

Before authorization, ROSE also said it needed to be authorized. After the normal authorization process, ROSE works but N4 is still not seeing the authorization. The same happened with the trials I was trying over the new year. Even when I re-download the trial and re-authorize it still won't authorize.

Quote:
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I just downloaded and installed the latest version of N4 (AU for Logic X). I also went through the authorization process. "Rose" now works but N4 is STILL saying it needs authorization. I've done this several times now since buying N4 two weeks ago and I still can't use it. Please help.

Before authorization, ROSE also said it needed to be authorized. After the normal authorization process, ROSE works but N4 is still not seeing the authorization. The same happened with the trials I was trying over the new year. Even when I re-download the trial and re-authorize it still won't authorize.
Did you copy the N4.AUT to Nebula4 folder? If not, copy the N4.AUT to

Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Presets/AcusticaAudio/Nebula4

Both Rose and N4 share the same AUT file.

If this is not the issue, then AA need to really see this thru for you.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMCRISIS View Post
Maybe somebody here can help me. I'm running Pro Tools 12.7 on a MacBook Pro running 10.9.5

I was working on a session with a few instances of N4 (1.0.011.0 Rel D) without any issues at all. CPU usage was great as well. I was using AlexB Classic Logic Console on 4 Stereo Mix Busses and 1 on the 2 Bus. I also had another instance of N4 on the 2 Bus with the Tape 5042 II loaded into it. Saved the session and went to reopen it the next day and now Pro Tools crashes in the middle of loading up that session. The only way I can get the session to load without Pro Tools crashing is by loading up the session with all of the plugins disabled. I updated to the latest version of N4 (1.0.012.0 Rel F) and I get the same results. I even tried Reinstalling the plugin after a crash, deleting everything inside of the Temp folder and deleting the ~scanboot.xml inside of the Setups folder and still, Pro Tools crashes every time in the middle of loading the session.

After getting the session to load with all of the plugins disabled, I loaded just 1 instance of N4, saved the session and quit Pro Tools, tried to load the session and as soon as the loading bar got to the track with N4 loaded onto it, Pro Tools crashed. Doesn't matter how many instances I have loaded. 1 or 5. Pro Tools crashes every time in the middle of loading up a session but loads perfectly fine without any instances of N4.

Thinking of asking for a refund if I can't get this resolved. I really like the way it sounds though!
Rel D is old... Maybe the session was corrupted, just remove nebula and open it
Check rel F, it seems like all issues are fixed (anyway it won't load a corrupted session)
Old 16th January 2017
Quote:

!
Unfortunately, this is a fact of life with Protools and Acustica plugins. You will be happily going along and all of a sudden a song that opened fine last time will no longer load.

The best thing I can tell you is to use "commit" often, and hide and make inactive you main tracks. If you need to edit, you can delete the commited trac, and make the original tracks active.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Rel D is old... Maybe the session was corrupted, just remove nebula and open it
Check rel F, it seems like all issues are fixed (anyway it won't load a corrupted session)
I am using rel F with PT 12.4 and having the same problems with new sessions. I just have to open a session, insert 1 instance of N4, save it, quit, and then I can't open it again.

I opened a ticket last week, but no response until now.

Oh boy, I really like Acustica and their sound, but I can't recommend to anyone else. This is nerve-racking.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
I am using rel F with PT 12.4 and having the same problems with new sessions. I just have to open a session, insert 1 instance of N4, save it, quit, and then I can't open it again.

Oh boy, I really like Acustica and their sound, but I can't recommend to anyone else. This is nerve-racking.
Are you sure it's AA's fault? I had a problem that I would have sworn was in their court. It ended up being Microsoft Update trashing a .dll file on my system.
I don't know your system, but buffers and other settings can cause some weird faults. My system has settled down nicely, but I have to be gentle. It's like being married again.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
Are you sure it's AA's fault? I had a problem that I would have sworn was in their court. It ended up being Microsoft Update trashing a .dll file on my system.
I don't know your system, but buffers and other settings can cause some weird faults. My system has settled down nicely, but I have to be gentle. It's like being married again.
I would like to know where is the problem, that's why I opened the ticket. But they are probably busy for NAMM and whatever.

I'm using a Mac, and of all the plugins I have, the only one that instantly crashes PT is N4. I tried a clean install of the new rev, I deleted all the 3rd party presets, I checked if the permissions was write&read of all folders, and the crashes continues. I even installed Pro Tools again.

So, I will just wait.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

I had same problem.PT 12.7,MacOS 10.11.6.
To solve it I replaced INIT.N2P and INIT.N2V with old from Nebula 3 Server.
Everything is OK now.
Same problem was in PT 12.7 and Win 10.
I think it is part of protection.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post

Ok I've alerted Enrique on your post here. In the worst case we can provide old-style init files

Yes I'm attending namm but there is the complete crew in the office today. It's interesting someone solved issues using old init files.. Maybe a part of the library is based on the old protection? Just guessing here. Reading here and our forum it seems like we have 4-5 tickets not answered
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search