The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 31st December 2016
Gear Addict

For anyone who had n3, how do the stock n4 libraries compare with some of the big n3 third party libraries?
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Installing the VST2 creates automatically the nebule4temprepository on the C:\ drive (Win 10), and I don´t see a way of changing that. I don´t see clear instructions on the manual on how to properly install the libraries. I have downloaded the factory presets and Olonga´s AYCE, but I don´t want them installed in my C: drive, which I keep for OS and apps only. Where can I find some instructions on how to install all libraries in another drive? Sorry for the noob question, but it´s my first attemp at Nebula.
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
Installing the VST2 creates automatically the nebule4temprepository on the C:\ drive (Win 10), and I don´t see a way of changing that..
You are mistaken. It offer you to install it where you said it is installed for you but this is completely optional and you can install nebule4temprepository wherever you want it to.

I installed it on my third drive. Installed all n4 libraries in to that folder and 3rd party libraries i moved from N3 folder and everything is working butter smooth for me.
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
You are mistaken. It offer you to install it where you said it is installed for you but this is completely optional and you can install nebule4temprepository wherever you want it to.

I installed it on my third drive. Installed all n4 libraries in to that folder and 3rd party libraries i moved from N3 folder and everything is working butter smooth for me.
In my case, the VST2 did it automatically on C: , I only got to choose where to install the DLL plugin. However, the VST3 did give me the option, but I didn't install it, as I saw that the VST2 installation had already created one.
Old 31st December 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
In my case, the VST2 did it automatically on C: , I only got to choose where to install the DLL plugin. However, the VST3 did give me the option, but I didn't install it, as I saw that the VST2 installation had already created one.
Un-install, then reinstall the VST3, you only need the one, redirecting the repository folder to where you want it and Bob's your uncle.
Old 31st December 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
More of old Library files.

We are learning of Users linking their original Nebula-3 repository straight from N4.

If the Neb-3 repository contains any of the old factory library presets ... there will be a problem [crash]. ALSO !!! The Neb-3 has INIT files
that will conflict with N4 [crash].
Thanks for your hard work on this RJ.

In reading this, are you suggesting we do not link N4 to our Nebula3 repository?
Or are you saying we should modify our N3 repository before linking from N4 to N3 repository?

I think people want to link to their old repository because they don't want to duplicate 100 gigs of files. That is intuitive. But, if you are saying there will be problems, then perhaps it is better just to duplicate all the files on same or separate drive.

Again, thanks for your tireless efforts.
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
I use VST2 as well. Zero VST3 on my system. I really would not know why you have such issues then.

AFAIK plugin and libraries installations are offering default location but optional as well and that was like forever for me. Since N3. I can install it wherever i want and that is how N4 behaves as well.

Only time when they are not offering path is if you by mistake run AAX installers but that is something completely different.
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Yes sorry, you´re right, I can select that after the VST plugin. It´s called Plugin Support Folder.
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

How do you guys like to organize the different libraries? Do you use subfolders for each library, or do you simply copy your Programs and vectors to the main folders on the repository?

I´ve noticed that just by copying the P&V from HO´s bonus Tape sims to the main folders, the presets appear neatly organized on the N4 browser as HO>Tape>Presets. It seems an easier method than using Alternate datapaths, doesn´t it? But don´t the folders get too cluttered, with a possible slowing down of N4?
Old 31st December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound_of_ours View Post
Thanks for your hard work on this RJ.

In reading this, are you suggesting we do not link N4 to our Nebula3 repository?
Or are you saying we should modify our N3 repository before linking from N4 to N3 repository?

I think people want to link to their old repository because they don't want to duplicate 100 gigs of files. That is intuitive. But, if you are saying there will be problems, then perhaps it is better just to duplicate all the files on same or separate drive.

Again, thanks for your tireless efforts.
For everyone's interest ... the current 'safe' route is to manually copy presets into the new nebula4temprepository.

This will be the best temporary solution. REASON: the programming Staff have been 'sent home for rest & relaxation' ... mandatory.

I'm not so good with vacations, and will spend NY Eve in the Studio [a long standing Tradition]

Meantime ... behind the scenes ... N4 updates are underway to address the issues that have been discovered. We haven't an exact date, but we will first Beta-Test the update.

Some of us have rather extensive collection of 3rd Party Libraries, and it would be good if we can cover every library ever released ... a task in and of itself.

Importantly ... AA has already identified some of the critical issue causing problems when trying to ALTPATH directly to the old Neb-3 database. It is also important NOT to break the Neb-3 system.

To keep PERSPECTIVE:

Neb-3 and N4 are two separate products. It was NOT designed to overwrite Neb-3. N4 can load Neb-3 version Presets, which in itself is a huge deal for everyone ... but the repository structures are not 100% compatible.

N4 is to be much more than Neb-3 could ever do. What we have is the initial N4 release as the basis. N4 will allow for much more complexities in the configuration and layout. This means the library structures must follow a stricter specification.

At this time, I'm slowly testing my Neb-3 collection within N4 [manually adding them to the new repository] without a single Preset issue.

I will NOT be trying any of the 'floating temp modifications' that have been posted, as I need to maintain my installation in a proper testing condition. AA will provide the proper solution ...

hope this helps everyone. It's the Holidaze. Getting through US Christmas/NewYears ... then Russian Christmas/NewYears ... etc.
Old 1st January 2017
Gear Nut

Kinda related, but not exactly - What on earth happened to the Acqua Plugin trials?
I got a trial of Purple, Pink and Sand this week and they all expired at midnight.
I only got the demo of Pink yesterday! it expired within 12hours?!

Just went back to the website and these 3 plugs are no longer listed in the trial area…

Anyone know anything about this?
Old 1st January 2017
Lives for gear

We are renewing trial versions, there is a global announcement in our forum!
Old 1st January 2017
Lives for gear

Why VVNX's BX15/BX20 go crazy on CPU with N4 wheres 140 behaves as expected ?
Old 2nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlky View Post
No n3 pro upgrade :( just 20% discount
Yep. :(
Old 4th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
[B]

About skins, there is a new way for doing them. There is also a way for using the new executables as nebula3 instances
I really would like to know more about this as coupon is only till 1st february
Old 4th January 2017
Gear Maniac

N4 doesn't load in PT12 OSX for me.

PT says it's not a valid 64bit AAX plugin.

I'm using the latest installer. (Had the same problem with the first release)

Any ideas?
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubeman View Post
I really would like to know more about this as coupon is only till 1st february
Did you receive it?
If not, open a ticket, they will generate one

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
N4 doesn't load in PT12 OSX for me.

PT says it's not a valid 64bit AAX plugin.

I'm using the latest installer. (Had the same problem with the first release)

Any ideas?
We have a new version, we'll release it officially soon. If you need a solution quickly just raise a ticket
Old 4th January 2017
Quote:
Did you receive it?
If not, open a ticket, they will generate one
t
Yes I have the coupon, but I am talking about creating EQ or Channel strip in one instance, if this is possible with N4 and how I can test it. Because this is most important for me. Not to use third party plugin like NYRV Agent, but do it in Nebula.
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

It is a feature scheduled for 2017 but we could have delays
Even if planned it is not exactly what we have in our mind for nebula 4. The main idea is a plugin where libraries are compiled mainly by 3rd party developers. A complex library is lime, it is already a streamlined library composed by many different items
Anyway there is a request, so we'll try to satisfy also this requirement, but priority is lower.
3rd party developers do the hard job, today everything is possible after a bit of hard work.

This is different from "skinning": you can skin a library, but it doesn't mean you can merge elements

In nebula we are solving issues which simply are not possible using other external loaders. This is particularly true for performances. An eq in nebula 4 can be translated to a single instance even if it is multiband.
There are even better examples: you cannot build a multiband compressor in other tools because our bands are synchronized using specific commands, they communicate to other instances their offset.
So if you think you grab a crossover and you build a compressor in nyrv you are plain wrong. It will never work. You'll have huge phase issues.
So I want to solve problems satisfying a bigger number of customers first. The patch-type problem is less important, because developers have already tools for doing things, on the other side users would be less motivated to share their creations so the business model would be less efficient. I want a good working ecosystem, this is my priority

Last edited by zaphod; 4th January 2017 at 09:49 PM..
Old 4th January 2017
Lives for gear

we have a small Facebook community that I would love you guys to share thoughts and opinions on here

Also check out this months CM magazine and get the free pink EQ. Drool worthy.
Old 5th January 2017
Quote:
An eq in nebula 4 can be translated to a single instance even if it is multiband.
Exactly how can I do this. Only one soft in market that can do this is NYRV Agent, but I want to do this in nebula without the need of another soft.

Using EQs in one instance should be top priority I think. It is not acceptable for fluent workflow to load 10 Nebula instances to work with one EQ.
Old 6th January 2017
I assume the fet comp in Rose is an 1176. If that's right, what rev was modeled?
Old 6th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubeman View Post
Exactly how can I do this. Only one soft in market that can do this is NYRV Agent, but I want to do this in nebula without the need of another soft.

Using EQs in one instance should be top priority I think. It is not acceptable for fluent workflow to load 10 Nebula instances to work with one EQ.
We are saying the same things.
Anyway my position is slightly different: you should use streamlined libraries compiled by developers. New library format should satisfy your requirement. Lime is an example. Sand is an other example. So my top priority is providing the new format to nebula. Than we'll have several developers adopting it and we'll move in this direction. Yes we could provide the new functionality to users first, but this would be a business model which doesn't work. When a business model doesn't work you would get less quality, because poor investments.
Old 6th January 2017
Quote:
We are saying the same things.
Anyway my position is slightly different: you should use streamlined libraries compiled by developers. New library format should satisfy your requirement. Lime is an example. Sand is an other example. So my top priority is providing the new format to nebula. Than we'll have several developers adopting it and we'll move in this direction. Yes we could provide the new functionality to users first, but this would be a business model which doesn't work. When a business model doesn't work you would get less quality, because poor investments.
So I hope AlexB adopt your new visions...
Old 7th January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggo Myrtle View Post
I assume the fet comp in Rose is an 1176. If that's right, what rev was modeled?
Just bumping my own post. Is Rose a new rev D 1176?

Old 7th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Best to read what the maker has to say here @

https://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB...111101#p111101
Old 7th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:

...and here:

• View topic - Rose verdict?

Old 8th January 2017
Viking4
Just a quick report, I managed to get the Henry Olonga AYCE N3 library working well under N4. By no means have I tested all the presets. I think I have gone through about 30 presets that interested me. No crashes except for the first time I tried to load a Henry Olonga preset, otherwise smooth sailing. I put the library under C:\nebula4temprepository\AlternativeDataPath\HenryOlongaN3 (I created the HenryOlongaN3 folder.) In this folder I put the Programs folder and the Vectors folder from the library. I then changed both the N4 & N4ZL XML files to include the line:

<ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH>C:\nebula4temprepository\AlternativeDataPath\HenryOlongaN3\</ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH>

(Note: after the <DATAPATH> line.)

The <ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH> modification is documented. I am providing the above for anybody who is having difficulties. I am on Windows 10 64-bit, i7-4790k, Reaper 5.311. The above works for me, I hope it works for others.

CPU use seems reasonable too.
Old 8th January 2017
Lives for gear

Viking4

In your AltPath TAG ... there may be a potential problem. I think we need to have a [SPACE] after and before the 2 '> <' arrows ... such as this:
Quote:
<ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH> C:\Nebula4TempRepository\AlternativeDataPath\AlexB\ </ALTERNATIVEDATAPATH>
This is mine for the AlexB link.
Old 8th January 2017
Viking4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Viking4

In your AltPath TAG ... there may be a potential problem. I think we need to have a [SPACE] after and before the 2 '> <' arrows ... such as this:

This is mine for the AlexB link.
I cut and paste straight from the XML. But yes, if it doesn't work for someone else they could try your line.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search