The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 29th December 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
Slightly off topic but relevant to this question of the pros and cons of using Nebula, does anyone know of any professionals/names that use Nebula i.e. musicians in a serious working environment who are prepared to sacrifice ease of use for the benefit of alleged better fidelity?
Why do professional musicians come into this frame?
Surely the question is, is there anything that can give this quality of sound ITB.
Professional musicians don't own music quality, in fact the vast majority leave those decisions to the professional mixing engineers.
Your only alternative is hardware. So a great deal more space and money.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgalb View Post
Downloaded n4 free again and there's no libraries (I deleted them) but it still says the trial is active in my dashboard. Hopefully that's what's messing everything up..
I don't know what that means.

The dashboard is on the Acoustica site, and shows customer status ... nothing to do with installation.
Old 29th December 2016
Gear Maniac

My question wasn't 'do professional musicians own music quality?'

I'm just interested to know if anyone working to serious deadlines makes use of Nebula. I know, for example, that James from the Freemasons makes use of all kinds of ITB processes to achieve the best fidelity (as well as hardware). And obviously there are pros who see benefits of being solely ITB (Scheps).

It's not a confrontational question.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Re downloaded the preamp trials and they show up in n4 free. Still can't get anything to show in n4 paid version.
I've not install the TRIAL version ... but I suspect that the TRIAL and the Commercial version use a different repository folder.

for TRIAL, it might be C:\Nebulafreerepository [i'm guessing].

The Commercial version defaults at C:\Nebula4TempRepository

be sure you are using the proper one.
Old 29th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I don't know what that means.

The dashboard is on the Acoustica site, and shows customer status ... nothing to do with installation.
'N4 trials' I'm downloading under 'my products' and that works. I don't see anything for paid version so I'm downloading on the right under 'my libraries/skins' is that correct?
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
My question wasn't 'do professional musicians own music quality?'

I'm just interested to know if anyone working to serious deadlines makes use of Nebula. I know, for example, that James from the Freemasons makes use of all kinds of ITB processes to achieve the best fidelity (as well as hardware). And obviously there are pros who see benefits of being solely ITB (Scheps).

It's not a confrontational question.
Here's my question.

Does anyone really care what someone else uses for their music ?

If I may be so 'self-centered' ... I kinda only care about the music I work on. And so do my Clients.
Old 29th December 2016
Gear Maniac

So you're not interested in any 'in the studio with'-type articles or videos? There's a big enough market in them to suggest my question isn't as bizarre as you're making out.
Old 29th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
'N4 trials' I'm downloading under 'my products' and that works. I don't see anything for paid version so I'm downloading on the right under 'my libraries/skins' is that correct?
Downloaded titan eq from olonga and it works in n4 so it's strictly the bundled libraries with n4.
Old 29th December 2016
BCz
Here for the gear

Quote:
Let me see if I understood correctly.
You need to download the stock libraries from within the N4 dashboard.
Those ones to the right are the old stock libraries and I believe are not compatible with N4.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
So you're not interested in any 'in the studio with'-type articles or videos? There's a big enough market in them to suggest my question isn't as bizarre as you're making out.
My 40 year career in Pro Audio always included articles, books, schooling ... Since the internet, the amount of video's available is another source.

To this day I still enjoy learning from others, be it articles, interviews ...

My comment had nothing to do with one NOT educating oneself.
Old 29th December 2016
Viking4
Quote:
Downloaded titan eq from olonga and it works in n4 so it's strictly the bundled libraries with n4.
I apologize in advance but oh my gosh I have been watching this unfold for a while.

Perhaps please have some patience and wait for support over at Acustica. Or try and do some more independent investigation. This troubleshooting on here is going to end up causing mass confusion and hurting more than helping. Your situation MAY (I said MAY) be somewhat unique. Or maybe not. Who knows right now. If others are actually following this it MAY mess them up even more.

I hope you can take this in a constructive light.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCz View Post
Those ones to the right are the old stock libraries and I believe are not compatible with N4.
This is correct ! And likely the source of much confusion/grief.

To be clear ... as a beta-member, we have special access links to databases. I don't view 'Customer Dashboard' for much more than authorizing the plugins we test.

ATTN: The old NEBULA-3 libraries will NOT work in N4. There is a dedicated release of factory preset, specifically for N4. I understand this to be 10 GIGs worth of Presets. We are currently checking and troubleshooting the new N4 factory libraries. We have found [at least] ONE preset that confirms having issue.
The VINTAGE SS eq is causing a crash. I've reported it. I've heard no response from the Acoustica Lab as to the problem or timeframe for resolve.

If another factory Preset has a problem, it would be best to report directly to AA site so that it can be made aware.
Old 29th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCz View Post
Oh man that's great news, I'm confused as to where exactly the libraries are.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

More of old Library files.

We are learning of Users linking their original Nebula-3 repository straight from N4.

If the Neb-3 repository contains any of the old factory library presets ... there will be a problem [crash]. ALSO !!! The Neb-3 has INIT files
that will conflict with N4 [crash].

For the 'doom and gloomers' ... I've not heard of ANY 3rd Party Dev Libraries causing issue with N4.

But don't despair quite yet ... I've at least 5000+ presets to check, and may still offer a glint of hope to RANT.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh man that's great news, I'm confused as to where exactly the libraries are.
I went to my DASHBOARD, and opened the N4 product. Entering the pass ... There are folder that had some libraries.
But these were for TRIAL.

I would expect customers would have additional files. [betas don't].

IF NOT ... go directly to AA site and ask there.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is correct ! And likely the source of much confusion/grief.

To be clear ... as a beta-member, we have special access links to databases. I don't view 'Customer Dashboard' for much more than authorizing the plugins we test.

ATTN: The old NEBULA-3 libraries will NOT work in N4. There is a dedicated release of factory preset, specifically for N4. I understand this to be 10 GIGs worth of Presets. We are currently checking and troubleshooting the new N4 factory libraries. We have found [at least] ONE preset that confirms having issue.
The VINTAGE SS eq is causing a crash. I've reported it. I've heard no response from the Acoustica Lab as to the problem or timeframe for resolve.

If another factory Preset has a problem, it would be best to report directly to AA site so that it can be made aware.
Yes we'll fix it (this preset)
Meanwhile we have improved the dictionary, it is faster and more reliable. It could be one of reasons of issues (it is a pretty new issue since before the dictionary content was quite limited).
We'll upload a new version soon
We are also working on mast (settings) page, it will be more user friendly (and based on the same interface used for the new browser). We are adding support for alternativedatapath (custom folders for libraries) in the same settings page
We are answering around 150-200 tickets each day, there was an unsuspected success of the update, it is crazy. Please be patient, we'll try to be as much fast as possible
Old 29th December 2016
Viking4
Another oh my gosh.

I am a new Nebula user and I managed to figure out where the libraries are. I also figured out the .SER .AUT problem independently and fixed it.

I'm nothing special. Guys and gals do some independent research.

I'm out.
Old 29th December 2016
Gear Addict

Finally got it! Thanks for the help everyone
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Let the Heavy Drinking begin.

meanwhile ... I'm going back to work on some music tracks.
Old 29th December 2016
mp3
Lives for gear

Registered owner of Nebula 3 Pro and I didn't get an email or a coupon code for N4.
Old 29th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
Registered owner of Nebula 3 Pro and I didn't get an email or a coupon code for N4.
Open a support ticket and they'll get you one.
Old 30th December 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
'Henry O's' stuff will keep you busy for a good while, I was encouraged by the guys here to get it recently and find it amazing.
Old 30th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
'Henry O's' stuff will keep you busy for a good while, I was encouraged by the guys here to get it recently and find it amazing.
Is there anything eerily similar to the clariphonic in the n4 libraries? I know Henry olanga has the air series. I have family up so I can't be at my desk much right now but after the new year I'll get to sit and play with everything.
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

The 'Clariphonic' is quite unique. HO's library is a good start, I just wished that the GAIN levels would have smaller increments.

The curves are hard to compare. They are quite broad.

In NEBULA ... the AlexB ELY eq is very very nice. In ACQUA's, the new CORAL eq is an excellent Bandaxdell with 2 shelfs and 2 inner 'peak' bands.

Another is AlexB's MMeQ ... nice. And TimP's SURGE-eq of the GML persuasion.

But a specific to the Clar ... would be one for the request line.
Old 30th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
The 'Clariphonic' is quite unique. HO's library is a good start, I just wished that the GAIN levels would have smaller increments.

The curves are hard to compare. They are quite broad.

In NEBULA ... the AlexB ELY eq is very very nice. In ACQUA's, the new CORAL eq is an excellent Bandaxdell with 2 shelfs and 2 inner 'peak' bands.

Another is AlexB's MMeQ ... nice. And TimP's SURGE-eq of the GML persuasion.

But a specific to the Clar ... would be one for the request line.
Yeah I heard great things about 'mammoth' from AITB also 'silk eq'from Tim p
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

I started with Mammoth. Then Magenta [acqua] ... MMeQ works better for me, but it takes time to learn [technique] to really get good with these EQ's, but so well worth it. The 'Q' control has tremendous control of the band.

SILK is another special EQ with its own sound [I think a new update was recently release ... I've not chance to install].

There are so many great Nebula EQ's ... tonite I'm Mastering a early ProgRock album. Pulled in a couple instances from the German Mastering Suite [with the vintage Console setting] and 3-4 bands of EQ. Just the right enhancement ... fit like a glove.
Old 30th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
....Nebula4 makes no sense to me as long as it's not able to open multiple instances/racks....

+1.
Old 30th December 2016
Gear Maniac

What is this Nebula thing? Is is a plugin or hardware? Is it like Waves NLS or a plugin container? How can I demo? what is this thing?
Old 30th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Saturn View Post
What is this Nebula thing? Is is a plugin or hardware? Is it like Waves NLS or a plugin container? How can I demo? what is this thing?
A little search in google would give you all the highlights of what is NEBULA

Review Of Acustica Audio’s Nebula Plug-in - Learn Digital Audio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqiZtX7AbXk

Of course this is the overall basics of Nebula... NEB4 has evolved through years in terms of CPU and technology. For more head to Acustica Forum or more google search even Youtube

Happy New year 2017
Old 30th December 2016
Gear Addict

I'm able to run a bunch of instances of this thing. My computers not exactly a beast or anything, though it's pretty new.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search