The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
N4 (Nebula4) is finally out! Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

I have yet to find a 3rd Party commercial library have issue in N4.

Granted ... I have a massive collection, and have not had the several weeks of testing to go through all of them.

We did find a N4 'factory' library that flagged an issue ... and it has been reported.

Later tonite, I hope to begin testing the ALTPATH function and report findings in Beta-Forum. Meantime, I've been duplicating files between
respective Repositories.
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post
First it is called "defamation".

Second, defamation requires that a false statement is made.
By my providing exact quotes from your own threads including verbatim
your own words, you - not me - are the source of any falsehoods.

Third, one key reason why N4 does not currently work well with the 3rd party
libraries is that, per your web site and staff postings as of last week, all major
3rd party developers have not signed up for N4.

As a result they did not do any of the 3rd party library debugging that
you could have asked them to do if they had been on board.

It is called the law of unintended consequences...
No you quoted my words and you translated with other words, your ones attributing them to me.
You basically accused me to go on vacation using money of customers I don't care about.
Go and read what you posted, I suggest to change it. In Europe you could be sued for a lot less.
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by consnyc View Post

Translation: while you are stewing on the bugware I sold you, I am vacationing with your money.
This is what you wrote
This is highly defamatory.
I wrote just I cannot access files because I don't have them with me
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgalb View Post
Can we focus on why the ones that come with nebula won't show up then, please?

Bought it right away (after i figured out why paypal was blocking purchases from your site)and haven't even heard the thing.
Nebula 4 is more strict on compliance of libraries because more optimized.
I think we'll add a backlisting of crashing libraries on next releases, like other software based on the same paradigm are doing
I don't think we are speaking about the same thing though.
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post

Granted ... I have a massive collection, and have not had the several weeks of testing to go through all of them.

We did find a N4 'factory' library that flagged an issue ... and it has been reported.

Later tonite, I hope to begin testing the ALTPATH function and report findings in Beta-Forum. Meantime, I've been duplicating files between
respective Repositories.
This
Old 27th December 2016
Quote:

respective Repositories.
Hi

Are you on mac os x ? If so could you please be so kind and give me a short instruction on how run 3rd party libraries . I am having trouble with analog in the box but i guess its just my lack od knowledge. Hope you can have a minute and share some insight. Thanks in advance.
Old 27th December 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
Can we focus on why the ones that come with nebula won't show up then, please?

Bought it right away (after i figured out why paypal was blocking purchases from your site)and haven't even heard the thing.
Did the files unzip and install into Neb 4 Repository folder so that you see them in Neb 4 when you press 'init' ?
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

Hi. What fun thread.

May I ask again:

Can I skin a third party lib in N4?

I cannot figure out how. Help is sincerely appreciated.

If it is not available, I'll accept that as an answer too.

So far so good, AA.

Hugs!
Old 27th December 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post
Hi. What fun thread.

May I ask again:

So far so good, AA.

Hugs!
Hi, just copy Vector and Program folders into main Repository folder for N4,
that works fine, if you already have them for Neb 3. Some 3rd parties have installers.
You need also the Autorisation files in the main Rep folder.
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi. What fun thread.

May I ask again:

So far so good, AA.

Hugs!
Yes, they are normal nebula skins with a simple constraint on the size (rack size). Specifications for nebula skins were already provided In the past, but there will be a sort of official documentation, so it will be public domain.
The association is performed in properties subfolder. They are simple xml, so you can assign also commercial protected skins
Basically we'll evolve a way for assembling skins and editing then directly inside nebula
Old 27th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiq View Post
Hi

Thanks again for trying but still no luck. Is there anyone with mac os that was able to add 3rd libraries from Nebula 3 ? If so please be so kind and write a short instruction of how to do this. Thanks in advance.
Here is that Acustica representative says about this on Acustica forum:

Yes, we have issues with calling 3rd party libs from an Ext HDD with the 2 or more alternativedatapath systax on both Mac & (PC - correct me if i'm wrong) but AA is working on a solution but not sure when we will see the fix.

On Mac, i reckon that our N4 license is base on our computer and not HDD...So we can move the whole N4 folder and place it on the Ext HDD. Then in the N4.xml, point the <DATAPATH> to your Ext HDD. Add your P & V and you're good to go.
No, we are not working on it.
Unfortunately we cannot replicate it using our libraries
So it is something specific of 3rd libraries, but I don't have those libraries with me, and I'm on vacation till 9 jan.
I see there are users using successfully several libraries, other ones not, which makes the research even slower, it means it is not something obvious

My suggestion is to not link external libraries if they have inside old acustica commercial libraries or- even worse - our previous init files format. Mixing old and new init leads to unpredictable results
Anyway I don't think it is enough. If a library has an issue the crash is just a bit more visible
Old 27th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFTW View Post
Did the files unzip and install into Neb 4 Repository folder so that you see them in Neb 4 when you press 'init' ?
They unzipped into the repository folder (n2p and n2v files in programs and vectors folders) but pressing 'init' results in seeing one 'high end eq' and one 'low end eq' but I'm till seeing 'init' when I select one. The last install of both n4 and the included libraries I installed all the included libraries, same result. This time I deleted everything (first I ended up missing one file that wasn't in repository and didn't get deleted and resulted in not showing a gui and crashing both studio one and reaper-if anyone runs into that problem search your computer for a nebula file that wasn't deleted because it messes everything up) and reinstalled n4 and an included comp and eq library with the same result.

Knobs all move back down to the bottom when I let go of the mouse button as well even though I have the .aut file with the .ser file and the 'please authorize' message is gone. Although rose knobs all work fine.

I appreciate your response, this is driving me crazy.
Old 27th December 2016
it is an upgrade path for customers that bought Nebula3 Server ULTIMATE (Bundle) ?
Old 27th December 2016
Gear Addict

In the dashboard on the acustica site it still has the n4 trial libraries 'active', could that be screwing things up?
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
Yes, they are normal nebula skins with a simple constraint on the size (rack size). Specifications for nebula skins were already provided In the past, but there will be a sort of official documentation, so it will be public domain.
The association is performed in properties subfolder. They are simple xml, so you can assign also commercial protected skins
Basically we'll evolve a way for assembling skins and editing then directly inside nebula

Thanks!

Making sure I understand:

There is a way to do this by modifying the xml PER program.

But not a way to do it INSIDE N4 currently.

Being this way: it is being considered for a future update to allow for it to be done inside the N4.

Is this correct?
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulenJVM View Post
You are insulting, pedantic, irritating, and bring absolutely no value to this thread. Stop polluting and gtfo unless you have something useful to discuss. Please.

I'd love to see how well you handle yourself with Italian or any other foreign language for that matter. So stop trying to teach people language lessons and do something useful with your time, like discussing something interesting.
Yeah, the linguistic chauvinism on gearslutz can be quite amusing. When English-only speakers get on their high horse about developers who can discuss technical issues in three or four languages fluently, it just becomes absurd.
Old 27th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks!

Making sure I understand:

There is a way to do this by modifying the xml PER program.

But not a way to do it INSIDE N4 currently.

Being this way: it is being considered for a future update to allow for it to be done inside the N4.

Is this correct?
At the moment you should edit files manually, but we are planning tools and even a way to achieve it in nebula. There will be many updates
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear
Apologize for the probably obvious oversight but I just downloaded N4FREE for Mac OSX/AAX and it installed fine and opens in ProTools but there are no programs for it (except Preamp (PRE) ) I was trying to figure out how to get libraries installed but cannot locate the manual anywhere (it's not in the documents folder within Audio/Presets) nor could I find it on your site or via the forums or using spotlight.

I had NebulaFree and it came with actual programs you could use - is this not the case with N4FREE? I don't see a download for anything other than the TRIAL of the N4 commercial library.

Thanks (apologies if I'm just being thick)
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

@superwack
You can use free programs shipped with nebula free. You could copy from your nebula 3 instance.
We had not enough time for a proper release of nebula free, but you could use this version fur testing the trial library. There will be an official nebula free update
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
At the moment you should edit files manually, but we are planning tools and even a way to achieve it in nebula. There will be many updates
Thanks!

Like looking forward to it.

Browser is already such a nice step forward!
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Thank you!
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

I did it!
Old 28th December 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
They unzipped into the repository folder (n2p and n2v files in programs and vectors folders) but pressing 'init' results in seeing one 'high end eq' and one 'low end eq' but I'm till seeing 'init' when I select one. The last install of both n4 and the included libraries I installed all the included libraries, same result. This time I deleted everything (first I ended up missing one file that wasn't in repository and didn't get deleted and resulted in not showing a gui and crashing both studio one and reaper-if anyone runs into that problem search your computer for a nebula file that wasn't deleted because it messes everything up) and reinstalled n4 and an included comp and eq library with the same result.

Knobs all move back down to the bottom when I let go of the mouse button as well even though I have the .aut file with the .ser file and the 'please authorize' message is gone. Although rose knobs all work fine.

I appreciate your response, this is driving me crazy.
J

Just to say, I had a problem that N4 would not show up in Plugin manager and it ended up being a missing .dll file from Windows. So it is possible that N4 is fine but something else is affecting it.
So, deep breath, ooosahh. I nearly had aheart attack with mine. That's computers and software though. Hope you crack it.
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by janiq View Post
Hi

Are you on mac os x ? If so could you please be so kind and give me a short instruction on how run 3rd party libraries . I am having trouble with analog in the box but i guess its just my lack od knowledge. Hope you can have a minute and share some insight. Thanks in advance.
I'm on PC ... and not in any political inference

Tonite I'll be testing the ALT PATH function of N4 and see if any presets have issues.

Meantime, to test N3 libraries in N4 is just a matter of copying the Program and Vectors over to the N4 repository. This is a manually process ... but it is just a start. There are other features I'm still beta-testing.

It is still the Holidaze, with a few of the team reporting in, others are still MIA, and presumed 'chillin' after a very busy end of year.
Old 28th December 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I'm on PC ... and not in any political inference

Tonite I'll be testing the ALT PATH function of N4 and see if any presets have issues.

Meantime, to test N3 libraries in N4 is just a matter of copying the Program and Vectors over to the N4 repository. This is a manually process ... but it is just a start. There are other features I'm still beta-testing.

It is still the Holidaze, with a few of the team reporting in, others are still MIA, and presumed 'chillin' after a very busy end of year.
Thanks for doing this RJ. It's practical use info like this that will let us know more about the new version. I hope it goes well and smooth.
Old 28th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
J

Just to say, I had a problem that N4 would not show up in Plugin manager and it ended up being a missing .dll file from Windows. So it is possible that N4 is fine but something else is affecting it.
So, deep breath, ooosahh. I nearly had aheart attack with mine. That's computers and software though. Hope you crack it.
Just looked, everything is up to date, I don't have anything blocked or anything.

I'm going to try to add some olonga libraries from n3 to narrow it down and see if it's strictly just the bundled library.

If I understand correctly I change the xml file from datapaths to altdatapaths and change nebularepository to nebula4repository?

I'm gonna try to move the nebula repository to a different location first, I stumbled acrossed a thread from years ago where a person had success with that with n3.
Old 28th December 2016
Lives for gear

Enjoy your holidays, folks. Peace and love for everyone. It's so great to see N4 is finally out. I'm sure AA will iron out things pretty soon and 2017 will be a nice year for both customers and the company. Best wishes!
Old 28th December 2016
Gear Addict
Quote:
Just looked, everything is up to date, I don't have anything blocked or anything.

I'm going to try to add some olonga libraries from n3 to narrow it down and see if it's strictly just the bundled library.

If I understand correctly I change the xml file from datapaths to altdatapaths and change nebularepository to nebula4repository?

I'm gonna try to move the nebula repository to a different location first, I stumbled acrossed a thread from years ago where a person had success with that with n3.
Your probably better to leave the existing repository, make the new one for N4, then copy and paste one or two vector files and associated program files into the N4 folder to test first.
They say not to mix N3 and N4. So if your ditching N3 ok, but test it first. All the best. John.
Old 28th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Your probably better to leave the existing repository, make the new one for N4, then copy and paste one or two vector files and associated program files into the N4 folder to test first.
They say not to mix N3 and N4. So if your ditching N3 ok, but test it first. All the best. John.
Before you posted, I copied the nebula 4 repository somewhere else and it's crashing studio one and reaper again.lol. nebula 4 definitely does not want two of the same files on your system or it will crash (in my experience).
Old 28th December 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Okay, I have everything installed and working/authorized again but no libraries. What would you recommend, olonga libraries or try the stock nebula libraries again?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search