The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 22nd December 2016
News Desk Editor

Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In

Relab VSR S24 released!

The*VSR S24*delivers an exhaustive emulation of an iconic high-end unit for music and post production which can be heard on countless music and movie productions. With over 250 versatile and finely-crafted studio and cinema presets created to bring the highest level of sonic quality to all your DAW applications.

Features:
⦁ Relab has painstakingly recreated every characteristic of this complex unit and adds enhanced parameter ranges for infinite creativity.
⦁ Selectable reverberation engines and characteristics.
⦁ Extensive selection of Early Reflection patterns ranging from studios to various concert halls: Bathroom, Theater, Church, Vienna Halls and more.
⦁ The VSR S24 keeps the controls of the original, and adds higher precision calculations.
⦁ New features include selectable reverberation engines and characteristics for each channel for simulating any environment.
⦁ Over 250 presets.
⦁ Modern workflow with interactive graphical display illustrating the frequency stages of the reverberation.

The reverb excels at applying ‘prettier than life’ reverberation to many sources of a mix or complete stereo/multi-channel stems. It adds complex Early Reflections as well as a beautiful uncorrelated diffused response to the signal.

With a wide array of adjustable parameters, you can add a subtle ambience to the recording or create the perfect spaciousness of well-constructed concert hall down to its uneven reverberation behavior.

The VSR S24 plugin is a result of several years of research, tuning and optimizations.

The VSR S24 is fully functional cross-platform plug-in reverb supporting AU, VST and AAX.

Moreover Relab Development is proud to announce the release of our new website aiming at better user experience, advanced user services, greater support and to host new and exciting Relab products in the future.

Relab Development – DSP Audio Technology
Attached Thumbnails
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In-vsr_s24_1.png  
Old 22nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Probably a stupid question, but what unit is this based on? When I read the web page, i got an impression that it was hybrid of multiple units.
Old 22nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi View Post
Probably a stupid question, but what unit is this based on? When I read the web page, i got an impression that it was hybrid of multiple units.
Due in part to its appearance, and subjective sound qualities... rumor is it's based on TC Electronics VSS3 and/or VSS4 reverbs.
Old 22nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
Due in part to its appearance, and subjective sound qualities... rumor is it's based on TC Electronics VSS3 and/or VSS4 reverbs.
Thank you Sir! Im not familiar with the reverbs you mentioned.
Old 22nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thank you Sir! Im not familiar with the reverbs you mentioned.
I am guessing you are free in music world then (not saying this in bad way). TC VSS algorithm is something as a top of the top in music production and postproduction world for decades now. Don't expect this reverb to give you Lexicon airy halls. This is amazing in creating natural spaces. It goes fine next to Lexicon and Bricasti (imo). Just a different color and character.

Google VSS 3/4 and System 6000 if you are interested to know more on what to expect from this plugin (or hardware). Practically you are hearing this reverb in i dare to say 80% of all production especially in movies.

Cheers
Old 22nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
I am guessing you are free in music world then (not saying this in bad way). TC VSS algorithm is something as a top of the top in music production and postproduction world for decades now. Don't expect this reverb to give you Lexicon airy halls. This is amazing in creating natural spaces. It goes fine next to Lexicon and Bricasti (imo). Just a different color and character.

Google VSS 3/4 and System 6000 if you are interested to know more on what to expect from this plugin (or hardware). Practically you are hearing this reverb in i dare to say 80% of all production especially in movies.

Cheers
Im familiar with the TC6000 but not the VS models.
Old 22nd December 2016
Gear Addict

OMG!!

Hello Christmas gift to me.
Old 22nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im familiar with the TC6000 but not the VS models.
But TC6000 is based on VSS algorithms apart from other surround algos and non reverb algos such as chorus,eq and pitch - main reverb algorithm in System 6000 is VSS 3 and 4(HD). There are other models but these are considered as smaller brothers.
Old 22nd December 2016
Gear Addict
Excellent reverb, do yourself a favor & try the demo at least.

Looking forward to the VSR P4N as well.
Old 22nd December 2016
Gear Addict
No intro pricing?

Old 22nd December 2016
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post

Cheers
Hi, It sounds like you know your way round revels and delay's I'm reaching out as I'm in bit of a hurry to get the reverb to sit right on this female vocal. I'm listening to Sia's Cheap Thrills and can't actually figure out in the first verse what kind of verb setting she has here because I think it's getting masked by the pluck organ sound. Can you hear if Sia at all has anything on and what the settings might be here or how I come close?
I have the new Slate verb package, the IR-L from Waves, the H-Reverb from Waves and the stuck things in Pro Tools.
Kind regards
Michael
Old 22nd December 2016
Gear Nut

Do you guys think Lex 224 was not among those various units that VSR S24 might have been modeled on/after? (just a thought)
Quote:
Old 22nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexiz View Post
Do you guys think Lex 224 was not among those various units that VSR S24 might have been modeled on/after? (just a thought)
No. Completely different parameters there. And different sound. 224 can do VERY nice plates. VSS can not (this is my opinion i simply can't get good plates out of any VSS variation). This is probably reason why TC developed DVR2 to be companion to VSS algo.
Old 22nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Martin is one of only a handful of devs truly taking the time to get every detail (*and especially the micro dynamics- so important!*) of his plugins right. Can't wait to try this one out, the LX480 is in a league all its own!

Last edited by maxwelldub; 27th December 2016 at 04:34 PM..
Old 22nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson View Post
Hi, It sounds like you know your way round revels and delay's I'm reaching out as I'm in bit of a hurry to get the reverb to sit right on this female vocal. I'm listening to Sia's Cheap Thrills and can't actually figure out in the first verse what kind of verb setting she has here because I think it's getting masked by the pluck organ sound. Can you hear if Sia at all has anything on and what the settings might be here or how I come close?
I have the new Slate verb package, the IR-L from Waves, the H-Reverb from Waves and the stuck things in Pro Tools.
Kind regards
Michael
Just listened that track. No this isn't about reverb, her vocal is using chorus and detuning effect (small pitch shifting) to achieve that pop out. And effects are automated. Sometimes they are more there sometimes less. Reverb is there sure, i hear something like nice Ambience algo (short small space) and there is delay probably on AUX but IMO her vocal is popping out because it is chorus and detuning effect on play there. You will hear it if you listen carefully. Especially when she say "gotta do my hair". Better listen on phones to spot it out.

All of plugins you mentioned could get you there when it comes to reverb character but again if you want something similar you need to use (if you use plugins) Soundtoys microshift or Eventide H910 harmonizer plugin on vocal - before it hit reverb. Delay can be just any even bundled one with your DAW. Reverb any of what you already have.

Sorry i don't think VSR S24 alone will give you that result.
Old 22nd December 2016
Gear Nut

Thanks man. That actually helped a lot!!!
Old 22nd December 2016
Lives for gear

Have been using the Beta for quite while and just finished using it on an acoustic trio. I don't have anything remotely like it. The way the instruments seem to dance/splash in the space !
Old 23rd December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson View Post
Thanks man. That actually helped a lot!!!
You are welcome.

Happy holidays
Old 23rd December 2016
Gear Maniac

Please give us intro or Xmas pricing and I will be first in line with payment
Old 23rd December 2016
Lives for gear

a discount for XL480 Complete owners would be nice....
Old 23rd December 2016
Lives for gear

but it's so good...I will buy it anyway...
Old 23rd December 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnhard View Post
?? there is one. Look at the shop.
Old 23rd December 2016
Gear Maniac
btw. how does the bundleprice work. Does it simply check if there is a lx licence on the iLok no matter where I have bought it ?
Old 23rd December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnhard View Post
Hi burnhard,

As a LX480 Complete owner you can "upgrade to bundle" and hereby get the VSR S24 with a $59 discount.

I hope this was helpful.

Happy Holidays.
Old 23rd December 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
Hi burnhard,

As a LX480 Complete owner you can "upgrade to bundle" and hereby get the VSR S24 with a $59 discount.

I hope this was helpful.

Happy Holidays.
Excellent! How does this work on your site?
I can't find the discounted price.
Old 23rd December 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi burnhard,

I hope this was helpful.

Happy Holidays.
Sorry ...missed that one...gracious...thank you
Old 23rd December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Excellent! How does this work on your site?
I can't find the discounted price.
Go to Relab Development │ Relab Store and scroll down to the BUNDLE section. Here LX480 Complete owners can upgrade to bundle.

Happy Holidays!
Old 23rd December 2016
Quote:
Go to Relab Development │ Relab Store and scroll down to the BUNDLE section. Here LX480 Complete owners can upgrade to bundle.

Happy Holidays!
Thanks! The price I'm seeing is $170 though...
Old 23rd December 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Thanks! The price I'm seeing is $170 though...
Yes. Normal price is $229 for VSR S24 and the "bundle upgrade" is $170 where you get VSR S24 if you are a LX480 Complete owner. Hence the $59 difference.

Have a great evening!
Old 23rd December 2016
Gear Maniac

Will this have surround and retina support?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search