The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 24th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Relab stated earlier in the thread that an improved preset browser is a priority so hopefully this improves soon. Sounds amazing though!
Old 24th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Relab stated earlier in the thread that an improved preset browser is a priority so hopefully this improves soon. Sounds amazing though!
+1
Old 24th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I love the sound of this but I have to say that it's the first plugin which required me to load each preset then manually save to ProTools' Preset hierarchy. All others include their own system for perusing presets.

I see presets have been uploaded for Logic and Nuendo -- are there plans to do this for ProTools?
Yes. We will gradually add more DAW specific presets to our preset pack. This can/will happen in two ways.
(1) We do it when we can of course (always busy developing new stuff for you guys). That's why it will happen gradually.
(2) A helpful soul from the community sends us the DAW presets and we add these immediately (please add a how-to-install text). We always appreciate receiving feedback/stuff that can improve our plugins for the community, and also making the helpful soul a part of our plugins (like we did with the actually presets we received from this community).

Wish you all a great day!
Old 24th January 2017
Have to agree, that Exponential Audio preset system is perfectly executed. Tons of preset and super easy to navigate. Would love similar system on SR24
Old 24th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
Yes. We will gradually add more DAW specific presets to our preset pack.
Why DAW specific presets? A same plugin's presets should be same on different DAWs. Do I miss something?

BTW, I bought L480. It sounds amazing! A super easy way to navigate presets will be great! Personally I don't like too many presets…..100 or no more than 200 presets should be enough.
Old 25th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibralux View Post
Have to agree, that Exponential Audio preset system is perfectly executed. Tons of preset and super easy to navigate. Would love similar system on SR24
Rest assured, we are working on a new preset system for all of our plugins to accommodate the public demands.
Old 25th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chao View Post
Why DAW specific presets? A same plugin's presets should be same on different DAWs. Do I miss something?

BTW, I bought L480. It sounds amazing! A super easy way to navigate presets will be great! Personally I don't like too many presets…..100 or no more than 200 presets should be enough.
Hi Chao,

The DAW presets are basically (or roughly) a bridge between the actual preset within the plugin, which you can choose from (control) with the DAWs own preset handling system (I hope I got this right).
It's all about the workflow and what is most optimal for you when creating music. Some people open the plugin and use the plugin preset system and others work faster when using the DAW facilities (shortcuts etc.).
We simply offer the community a multiple choice and try to adapt to their optimal workflow.

I hope this makes sense.

Also thank you very much for your comment on our reverb. We appreciate it a lot!
Old 25th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Rest assured, we are working on a new preset system for all of our plugins to accommodate the public demands.
That's great news!!
Old 26th January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Hi. In spite of having presets organised as halls plates etc. please include presets for instruments like guitar, rhodes thicken, vocal hall, drum plate etc. This is starting point for many people like me. Thanks.
Old 26th January 2017
Lives for gear

Dear All. Don't try this one unless you have the cash. It is very smooth and sounds better than most, if not all, of my 40+ software reverbs. Partly because it sounds warmer and less stiff/digital than the rest and partly because it lets the dry signal sound as good as it did before reverb. Most reverbs blur the source audio. I think it is in part due to a smooth fade in of the verb. I had a R4000 hardware but I don't think it sounded this nice! It is pricey, but the price reflects the quality in this case, in my opinion.
Old 28th January 2017
Lives for gear

indeed, don't try if you aren't prepared to buy

the more i use it, the more i love it

Bought
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

Just bought S24 but there's no Machine activation and only 1 license?

Already sent ticket and hope it can be all sorted out soon.

Last edited by davidgary73; 29th January 2017 at 04:55 AM..
Old 29th January 2017
Lives for gear

same here, i cant machine authorize with full S24 version either
works great on my ilok2 of course, but i prefer to machine authorize when possible

this is really bad for those who doesn't own a ilok2
that bought the plugin in good faith
because the demo could be machine authorized but not the full version

i hope this gets get fixed soon Relab, and im sure it will

Cheers and keep up the good work making amazing sounding tools Relab
cant wait to try out your next upcoming one
Old 30th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
same here, i cant machine authorize with full S24 version either
works great on my ilok2 of course, but i prefer to machine authorize when possible

this is really bad for those who doesn't own a ilok2
that bought the plugin in good faith
because the demo could be machine authorized but not the full version

i hope this gets get fixed soon Relab, and im sure it will

Cheers and keep up the good work making amazing sounding tools Relab
cant wait to try out your next upcoming one
Hi guys,

It's an iLok thing (PACE). They are working on fixing it.

Cheers!
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi guys,

It's an iLok thing (PACE). They are working on fixing it.

Cheers!
Thank you and hope to see the fix as i'm not able to use S24, my ilok2 died ..hahaha

Edit:Got your reply via support ticket. Will continue our discussion there.

Last edited by davidgary73; 30th January 2017 at 09:19 AM..
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

Superb support service and a BIG Thank You to Ansbjerg in helping me out. Now i have machine authorization and 2 license, in time for a movie project.

S24 is truly one of the top verb plugin to date among the other great verb plugins, clean, lush and superb sounding.

Thanks Relab!!!
Old 30th January 2017
Gear Nut
Any news on P4N? I love the ER's in VSR S24. Would love to test P4N before purchasing one of them.
Old 30th January 2017
Lives for gear

VSR S24 is seriously impressive. Tried it and bought it. One of the best plugin verbs ever
Old 31st January 2017
Lives for gear

Relab support is impressive too
which is very important when we the customers needs it

they sorted out my VSR S24 license problem in under an hour
all i can say is
thumbs up for Relab

outstanding sounding products and outstanding support
Old 31st January 2017
Gear Maniac

Relab Development │ Subscription

(Sorry if this has been posted before)
Old 31st January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by wald View Post

I was wondering if they were going to add a subscription service. I am all in on this.
Old 1st February 2017
Lives for gear

I have learned two valuable things from these threads:
1. Slate has improved a lot in relation to keeping deadlines and marketing appropriately.
2. I should have tried the surround reverbs (VSS 2 + 4 = 6) in my System 6000 much earlier!
THANK YOU! Good things to know.
Old 2nd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wald View Post

Amazing products and Great pricing! I think I'm gonna jump on this!
Old 2nd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumi View Post
I have learned two valuable things from these threads:
1. Slate has improved a lot in relation to keeping deadlines and marketing appropriately.
2. I should have tried the surround reverbs (VSS 2 + 4 = 6) in my System 6000 much earlier!
THANK YOU! Good things to know.
Afaik this release does not have anything with Slate promises ?? Slate and Relab are not working together anymore. VSR is not available in Slate packge and Slate went to offer IR reverb rompler lol

You can not have not even 5% of VSR versatility with IR engines.
Old 2nd February 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
Afaik this release does not have anything with Slate promises ?? Slate and Relab are not working together anymore. VSR is not available in Slate packge and Slate went to offer IR reverb rompler lol

You can not have not even 5% of VSR versatility with IR engines.
Yes, I know. We went OT in the thread that preceded this one. But it was good to be corrected about Slate, it gave me an updated perspective.
Old 6th February 2017
Gear Head

Hi guys,

Just a little service information regarding multiple activation and machine activation.

The "rule" that allows 2x activations per license and machine activation has been updated/corrected (according to PACE) and you should now be able to do so. Please note that you may need to deactivate and reactivate your license(s) in order to update the rule in your license(s).

If you are still having issues with above please contact us with your iLok ID and we will look into it.

(Please note that 2x activation and machine activation is only available with perpetual licenses and not subscriptions)

Kind regards,
Relab Development
Old 6th February 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hi guys,

Just a little service information regarding multiple activation and machine activation.

The "rule" that allows 2x activations per license and machine activation has been updated/corrected (according to PACE) and you should now be able to do so. Please note that you may need to deactivate and reactivate your license(s) in order to update the rule in your license(s).

If you are still having issues with above please contact us with your iLok ID and we will look into it.

(Please note that 2x activation and machine activation is only available with perpetual licenses and not subscriptions)

Kind regards,
Relab Development
Smukt
Old 8th February 2017
Lives for gear

What about P4N - any date?(like i don't have enough tools already...)
Old 8th February 2017
Gear Addict

The more I use this plugin the more it impresses me. I like how the rooms can sound so natural, but still interesting! I like how the reflections create excitement in tracks. It's amazing on vocals especially. Sorta like real life only way better than real life. Wonderful reverb!
Old 8th February 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hi guys,

Kind regards,
Relab Development
Lx480 iLok users also get 2? One on each of the two iLoks?

Thanks!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search