The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Maniac

I understand that NAMM is important thing, I assume all Relab people are there, but don't answer to question regarding purchase on web contact page, info email and FB message whole day is not good tone in nowadays....
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighEnd View Post
I understand that NAMM is important thing, I assume all Relab people are there, but don't answer to question regarding purchase on web contact page, info email and FB message whole day is not good tone in nowadays....
What question in particular?

And yes NAMM is crucial, and a lot of work. I know people who are officially exhibiting there and it's been very time consuming. Smaller companies often close down during this time. In the meantime maybe we can figure it out here.
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
not good tone in nowadays....
Martin at Relab spends years of his life to make it possible for you to have a TC6000 in your place. Maybe you could allow him a few days to return the answer to your question?

-Casey
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Martin at Relab spends years of his life to make it possible for you to have a TC6000 in your place. Maybe you could allow him a few days to return the answer to your question?

-Casey
That is awful generous to devote your life to helping a complete stranger. Martin should be up for a Pulitzer, or an Oscar or something.

Martin, why did you select HighEnd as the person to dedicate your life to? It seems a bit random.
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Parografic, what's your problem?

Do you provide some services at all? Have any experience dealing with people? Please share your response time then, please.
Old 19th January 2017
Gear Maniac

FYI, I am in a service industry in my day job (response time measured in $10ks per hour), that's why I thought this was funny. I also used to work in the music industry full-time, and understand how time works in a studio. I assumed by the extreme hyperbole (maybe I should have amped it up a little?), that there would be no misunderstanding, and apologize if you thought I actually believed someone would devote their life to making a plugin for a single individual. It is a bad marketing plan, and I would never run my business this way, but I don't judge. I thought the original comment I was playing with was funny, and still do.

Last edited by parografik; 20th January 2017 at 11:11 PM..
Old 19th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by parografik View Post
I assumed by the extreme hyperbole (maybe I should have amped it up a little?), that there would be no misunderstanding, and apologize if you thought I actually believed someone would devote their life to making a plugin for a single individual. It is a bad marketing plan, and I would never run my business this way, but I don't judge. I thought the original comment I was playing with was funny, and still do.
Hey, you know what they say about comedy . . . . it's all in the timing and delivery. I wouldn't quit your day job

Your humor cuts to a point I made earlier about people complaining about price - These plugins are nothing short of astounding compared to any ITB reverb solution in the past, and rival high end hardware units.

And in the case of many of these dedicated developers, they don't have a Public Relations Department, or a dozen "Customer Satisfaction Providers" on staff.
Old 20th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert82 View Post
And in the case of many of these dedicated developers, they don't have a Public Relations Department, or a dozen "Customer Satisfaction Providers" on staff.
My point exactly!
Old 20th January 2017
Gear Maniac

For me it was sarcastic. If it was a joke I didn't get it, but hey, I'm sorry, really.

My part time is IT MSP and for some high level SLA response time is 15 min. But we have 48 hours as well. Probably took it too personally.
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I agree whole day is quite some time to wait but it is NAMM maybe they're up on to something new ? Hope your issue get resolved
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Martin at Relab spends years of his life to make it possible for you to have a [redacted] in your place. Maybe you could allow him a few days to return the answer to your question?

-Casey
Warp was sighted in DC hanging with DT, Toby K. and the piano guys... last seen putting the moves on Ivanka and wooing her with poetry about spaciousness and envelopment behind old Abe.
Old 20th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:

-Casey
Of, course I can allow Martin enjoy NAMM fully as he can. Just thinking, if they are really professional developer who sells pretty expensive software, they can afford to keep some nice representative in office even if all stuf is in NAMM.
It is just normal if we pay not small money we ask also the same service. And my question is really urgent regarding purchase, money and delivery.ANd now is more than 24 hours left. No problem, if they before wrote some note on web or Facebook with message like "sorry guys, everybody is on NAMM we stopped our web service for 3 days." OK, it could be understandable, but if no any words anywhere and no response.....

Casay, Your question is not correct, it is the same if I will ask You something crazy like this : "Can You be ready stay 4 hours at MacDrive window to waiting BigMac, if all stuff will be on SuperFood Expo? "

UPDATE : Right now I finally received support answer and real help. Now waiting license delivery.Thank you!

Last edited by HighEnd; 20th January 2017 at 08:47 AM..
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Of, course I can allow Martin enjoy NAMM fully as he can. Just thinking, if they are really professional developer who sells pretty expensive software, they can afford to keep some nice representative in office even if all stuf is in NAMM.
It is just normal if we pay not small money we ask also the same service. And my question is really urgent regarding purchase, money and delivery.
I agree with you but some patience will save you in the long run. Counting 24h and then throwing rocks minutes after was something i used to do when i was younger hehe. From what i understand handling licenses is manual job (but what do i know) - glad you sorted it out.

To make it on topic:

I just tried VSS3. It's buggy (issues confirmed) but i really like sound of it. It is completely different sounding like some sort of lo-fi version of VSR S24 (sayin lofi in a good way - in lack of better description)

I wonder can we somehow emulate VSS3 sound with VSR S24...ER's are different though
Old 20th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
For me it was sarcastic. If it was a joke I didn't get it, but hey, I'm sorry, really.

My part time is IT MSP and for some high level SLA response time is 15 min. But we have 48 hours as well. Probably took it too personally.
Appreciate you saying that, I certainly didn't mean to offend. Different animal than IT here, and you probably have to deal with that crap all day. I can relate.

If you look at any of my other posts, I am always trying to keep it at least positive, even if I can be a bit heavy on the irony and sarcasm.
Old 20th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by parografik View Post
. . . I am always trying to keep it at least positive, even if I can be a bit heavy on the irony and sarcasm.
Says the guy whose avatar is Lincoln with Ghetto Blaster.
Old 20th January 2017
Gear Addict

please..... back to the topic....
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
I wonder can we somehow emulate VSS3 sound with VSR S24...ER's are different though
I tried and it sounded pretty good even with diff ER. Just that it's more reverb heavy.
Old 21st January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
As a LX480 Complete owner you can "upgrade to bundle" and hereby get the VSR S24 with a $59 discount.
Just wondering will there be an option for S24 owners "upgrade to bundle" to purchase LX480 Complete in the future?
Old 21st January 2017
Gear Nut

Hi Relab. Any word on when the P4N beta will be coming..I absolutely love this verb but have a feeling the P4N is going to take ERs to Nibiru and back

Cheers
Old 22nd January 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Studio 87 View Post
please..... back to the topic....
To me this is the best sounding reverb software to date; I've tried them all. I can taste my drums now! Drums so clear and sit so well in the mix of things. I never knew they could be so present, as they are in this verb. Brilliant job.
Old 22nd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Just wondering will there be an option for S24 owners "upgrade to bundle" to purchase LX480 Complete in the future?
it would be very nice indeed if we could upgrade to bundle from S24 in the near future

is this something you will consider Relab ?

Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017
Gear Addict

This reverb is amazing.

The movement and sense of stereo is especially nice.
Old 23rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledoodler View Post
To me this is the best sounding reverb software to date; I've tried them all. I can taste my drums now! Drums so clear and sit so well in the mix of things. I never knew they could be so present, as they are in this verb. Brilliant job.
+1

Now when this is out someone possibly and hopefully Relab should focus on decent software NonLin algorithm on Native. Yes i tried uad rmx emulation and i am not finding it appealing. I had far better experience with TC nonlin algorithm.

Old 23rd January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
+1

Now when this is out someone possibly and hopefully Relab should focus on decent software NonLin algorithm on Native. Yes i tried uad rmx emulation and i am not finding it appealing. I had far better experience with TC nonlin algorithm.

I think UAD is releasing some of the TC plugins, maybe the Nonlin....
Old 23rd January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymuse77 View Post
I think UAD is releasing some of the TC plugins, maybe the Nonlin....
Really? Being old uad user last time when i checked TC was announced UAD adventures but then they dropped it (more then 4 years ago i think). Gannon at UAD forum told us TC dropped plans for UAD because of Behringer acquisition (or something like that).

If you have more info about UAD and TC then share it please - send me a PM to not get offtopic here....i would be more happy if TC release Native Nonlin...and Relab make their take on RMX Nonlin or something like that...
Old 23rd January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledoodler View Post
Thanks littledoodler,

We are very glad that you like our plugin. Appreciate your comment!

Also big thanks to the guys who has sent us presets to be used with DAWs.
If you are interested in getting VSR S24 or LX480 Complete DAW specific presets, we have already some available for you guys.

http://www.relab.dk/public/presets/VSR_S24_Presets.zip
VSR S24: Contains Logic X presets and Cubase+Nuendo presets.

http://www.relab.dk/public/presets/L...te_Presets.zip
LX480 Complete: Contains Cubase+Nuendo prestes.

Enjoy and have a great day!
Old 23rd January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
Also big thanks to the guys who has sent us presets to be used with DAWs.
If you are interested in getting VSR S24 or LX480 Complete DAW specific presets, we have already some available for you guys.
You're welcome.......
Old 23rd January 2017
Lives for gear

I love the sound of this but I have to say that it's the first plugin which required me to load each preset then manually save to ProTools' Preset hierarchy. All others include their own system for perusing presets.

I see presets have been uploaded for Logic and Nuendo -- are there plans to do this for ProTools?
Old 23rd January 2017
Gear Addict

This reverb sounds amazing, I love it. Once those presets are sorted out I dare say it will be my favorite reverb plugin. But indeed the preset system is brutal.

I own a bricasti M7, and I do feel it's the best sounding reverb ever, but part of what makes it so great is the presets, and the organization of the presets. You got all your studio rooms in a row, all your plates in a row, etc. And, presets for emualtions of gear and spaces, but also ones designed to work with specific instruments. If relab can get that happening on the double it will absolutely elevate their product, and probably elevate their sales amongst people that try the software.

Again, I love this reverb and it sounds amazing. Can't wait for the update to the preset browser for this and the lx480 (which I also own and who's browser also sucks)

Another note that not all agree with me on, Exponential Audio has a great preset system, as does their M7 control plugin. And great sound!

Thanks everyone!
Old 23rd January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
I love the sound of this but I have to say that it's the first plugin which required me to load each preset then manually save to ProTools' Preset hierarchy. All others include their own system for perusing presets.

I see presets have been uploaded for Logic and Nuendo -- are there plans to do this for ProTools?
Relab stated earlier in the thread that an improved preset browser is a priority so hopefully this improves soon. Sounds amazing though!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search