The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Sergeant View Post
No he is wrong so are You, but it doesn't really matter.
Ok everyone is wrong and you are right.

If you think TC developed advanced algorithms after VSS3 (called vss4 and vss6 which is what VSR S24 is) and build series of new hardware boxes on it - if that does not tell you that this this difference in algorithm was enough for TC to differentiate one algorithm to another (therefore people tried to tell you this is not the same thing) - then so be it.

While we are at it jump to VSS3 thread and see there for yourself VSS3 native is not entirely 100% ported as you think it might be. Sound samples posted.

If you want to think and believe you have VSS3 algorithm with VSS3 Native plugin this is entirely up to you but it is a bit annoying seeing you practically make a fun on guys which are actually telling you facts not opinions. VSS3 is inferior to VSS4 and above. Not bad but inferior. And now even with Native there is even more inferior VSS3 variation to vss3 original (this is my imo - someone could find vss3 native is close enough to original - i do not).

It's a good plugin and i will buy it because i like variation as you do but it can't compete with VSR S24.

No car comparison.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

xmein: Look, what he is trying to say is basically this: "Sound is subjective, there is no objective "better".."

And as far as I know, I agree with him.

You are talking from a technical point of view and from the viewpoint of TC. Yes, their later algorithms are more advanced but from a subjective sound perspective a "technical better" does not equal better from a subjective point of view (which equals anything to do with sound/mixing, it's ALL subjective).

Take Lexicon for instance. They have their 960 series which is top of the line from their point of view, yet there are people who swear by their 224.. or the PCM60 and it's classic Tiled Room preset.

So my suggestion, stop bickering about this and just try to understand his viewpoint. If you want to talk "factual", and I mean actual FACT, then the only fact in this discussion is that anything about mixing/sound-processing is always inherently subjective.

/end of off-topic

Conclusion (from my perspective): If you can afford it, it's beneficial to own both plugins. If you can only afford one, demo them and see which one you like more. Personally I definitely seem to prefer VSR-S24 sound wise but I realize this is a completely subjective viewpoint. From a "bang for the buck" I feel like VSR-S24 is also the better buy in the long run. ReLab have excellent history of supporting their plugins while TC has the exact opposite reputation. Not to mention that you get only a single license for the VSS3 which sucks big time. ReLab confirmed they will have 2 available licenses for the computer authorization.
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
xmein: Look, what he is trying to say is basically this: "Sound is subjective, there is no objective "better".."

And as far as I know, I agree with him.
I did not understand him well then. In that case i agree 100% with him and you. I was under impression that he think VSS3 is in the same league as VSS4 or VSS6 and when others tried to explain apples and oranges and so much not needed car metaphor i was under impression that he still think VSS3 Native is last word in reverbs.

Sorry guys i apologize.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
Ok everyone is wrong and you are right.

If you think TC developed advanced algorithms after VSS3 (called vss4 and vss6 which is what VSR S24 is) and build series of new hardware boxes on it - if that does not tell you that this this difference in algorithm was enough for TC to differentiate one algorithm to another (therefore people tried to tell you this is not the same thing) - then so be it.

While we are at it jump to VSS3 thread and see there for yourself VSS3 native is not entirely 100% ported as you think it might be. Sound samples posted.

If you want to think and believe you have VSS3 algorithm with VSS3 Native plugin this is entirely up to you but it is a bit annoying seeing you practically make a fun on guys which are actually telling you facts not opinions. VSS3 is inferior to VSS4 and above. Not bad but inferior. And now even with Native there is even more inferior VSS3 variation to vss3 original (this is my imo - someone could find vss3 native is close enough to original - i do not).

It's a good plugin and i will buy it because i like variation as you do but it can't compete with VSR S24.

No car comparison.
I'm sorry everyone, I didn't mean this to turn into such a big issue, I didn't think it was one, All I am saying is that I have used the VSS3 and VSS4 hardware extensively in the past, and know it very well, I was just saying that I find it strange that some are saying the VSS3 is old so it's not as useful and is inferior, surely we have learnt that new isn't always better (or worse) just different.

I just didn't want people to think the VSS3 had nothing to offer, it does, there is something special about it on the right material, and I was just trying to let you know, as I say I have Bricasti M7's which are incredible, but I still like the VSS3.

My Bricasti's have algo 1 and 2 installed, is algo1 inferior to algo2 because it's older? No it isn't.

The VSR S24 is fantastic and I think everyone should buy it, It does what it does superbly, as I say I love it, but it won't do what the VSS3 does, it may be close but it just doesn't get all the way there, that's because it isn't mean't to, it's emulating the VSS4, a different animal.

Anyway if you don't agree thats fine and we will have to just agree to disagree.

All the best everyone.

Last edited by Rico Sergeant; 16th January 2017 at 05:02 PM..
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
I did not understand him well then. In that case i agree 100% with him and you. I was under impression that he think VSS3 is in the same league as VSS4 or VSS6 and when others tried to explain apples and oranges and so much not needed car metaphor i was under impression that he still think VSS3 Native is last word in reverbs.

Sorry guys i apologize.
Sorry if I didn't explain clearly enough xmein, I definitely didn't mean to give the impression that I thought the VSS3 "is last word in reverbs", I was saying the opposite that no reverb is the last word in reverbs, and old doesn't mean inferior, the VSS3 has something to offer as well, don't dismiss it so easily, when it fits it fits and brings a smile.
Old 16th January 2017
I have to admit - I was to quick in dismissing this reverb. I made some more comparisions, and used it in real life mix scenarios, and although I have Nimbus, R2, Valhallas and some other stuff I had to pull the trigger on VSR. Its different enough and really unique in some areas. Love it.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

Hi all,

VSR S24 version 1.0.3 is out now including a new feature: Lock function for Dry / Early / Reverb !! (Try browsing presets with locks on).
Option 0 = lock button off
Option 1 = only locks level+mute.
Option 2 = (click lock button again) locks all settings for Early and/or Reverb.
(Dry only has option 0 and 1)

And some bug fixes plus optimization. Enjoy!

PS: LX480 Complete v2.2.5 is also available.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

[QUOTE=Ansbjerg;12380122]Hi all,

VSR S24 version 1.0.3 is out now

When the non ilok dongle requirements will b avaible so we can try it? I downloaded the trial version, can't use it
Old 16th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansbjerg View Post
Hi all,

VSR S24 version 1.0.3 is out now including .....
.... some bug fixes plus optimization. Enjoy!
Do the bug fixes include the mono>stereo high pitch noise bug (in Logic) ??

Cheers
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Do the bug fixes include the mono>stereo high pitch noise bug (in Logic) ??

Cheers
Yep - and iLok machine activation (might need to deactivate and activate to make it happen).
Old 17th January 2017
Lives for gear

Finally demo S24 working with machine activation. Thank you Relab.
Old 17th January 2017
Gear Addict

Logic X presets

Hello, if someone wants to have all the presets in Logic X.
https://secure1.storegate.com/downlo...3-e5a849bcae6c

Put the folder ”Presets” in this location:
User/Library/Audio/Presets/Relab Development/VSR S24/

Wonderful Reverb BTW!
Old 17th January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:

PS: LX480 Complete v2.2.5 is also available.
Installer installs only AU, not AAX and VST. Can you solve it please?
Old 17th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Eriksson View Post

Wonderful Reverb BTW!
Thanx a lot Dan! very helpful!!
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:

Wonderful Reverb BTW!
Thank you so much for these presets.

Cheers

This reverb is really fantastic and seamlessly gel with any instruments
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Sorry if it's been mentioned already but is there a plan to revise the menu system so that the presets are accessible through the plugin's GUI and not via the Finder? I'm using AAX in ProTools on a Mac, btw. And no, it's not a big deal, but expedient mixing is about simplifying 1,000 little steps.
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Sorry if it's been mentioned already but is there a plan to revise the menu system so that the presets are accessible through the plugin's GUI and not via the Finder? I'm using AAX in ProTools on a Mac, btw. And no, it's not a big deal, but expedient mixing is about simplifying 1,000 little steps.
+1 with presets sorted in folders like Halls, Rooms etc and perhaps a scaleable GUI too.
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Addict

Yes scaleable GUI for both VSR S24 and LX480.
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yep - and iLok machine activation (might need to deactivate and activate to make it happen).
Installed updates.

I received 2 machine/computer licenses for LX480, but not for VSR S24. Still the same 1 dongle license only. Refreshed account, no difference.

Interestingly, my expired beta "Trial/Demo" and "Not for resale" licenses do show computer as an option and have 0/2 dormant activations a piece.
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Loving this reverb, and it's handy to have the separate early reflection and reverb levels - however, it would be great if we could link those controls in a future update for easier wet / dry control on inserts?

Definitely an improved preset system would be welcome.

It's a big step forward being able to lock the dry signal level when auditioning presets, thanks!

I decided to get this plugin and also cross grade my powercore TC VSS3 license, totally different animals, both useful.

I only got one license, it would be useful to get one for my home machine to save moving my studio ilok, should I contact support or is one license the way it works with this plugin?

Last edited by stakeoutstudios; 18th January 2017 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: Addition
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by js230 View Post
Installed updates.

I received 2 machine/computer licenses for LX480, but not for VSR S24. Still the same 1 dongle license only. Refreshed account, no difference.

Interestingly, my expired beta "Trial/Demo" and "Not for resale" licenses do show computer as an option and have 0/2 dormant activations a piece.
Hi,

Did you try and deactivate the VSR S24 license and then activate it again?
Do you have the latest version of VSR S24? (v1.0.3)
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenkonio View Post
Installer installs only AU, not AAX and VST. Can you solve it please?
Since the release of v2.2.4 we have a new installer script that ”builds” the VST and AAX when you install our plugin. This actually saves the download size to 1/3.

The process is really simple. The plugin itself is identical regardless of format (VST, AU, AAX) so the script copies the .component file and renames it to .vst and .aaxplugin and installs it to the respective location – so instead of doing the copy/renaming process when compiling, we do it when installing. Same result.

If the .vst and .axxplugin is not installed then it might be a read/write issue on your system. Either your system is not allowing scripts and/or other modification - or your (if installed) anti-virus/mal-ware software is preventing the script to install the .vst and .aaxplugin.

You can also try and copy the .component file and rename it to .vst or .aaxplugin and put it in the right folder. This works as well:

VST:
Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Relab Development/

AAX:
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins/

I hope this clarifies it.
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Head

Quote:

Wonderful Reverb BTW!
Hi Dan,

Awesome work! Thank you for doing this and your comment!
May we use it as well?

All the best!!
Old 18th January 2017
Lives for gear
Thanks so much! I do appreciate also your fast answer through my mail address too awesome care!
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hi Dan,

Awesome work! Thank you for doing this and your comment!
May we use it as well?

All the best!!
Of course!
Old 18th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Installed updates.

I'm seeing exactly the same thing re LX480 and VSR S24 purchased licenses i.e. now have 2x LX480 activations with machine activation available but still only 1x VSR S24 activation with no machine activation available.

You've prompted me to check my demo license for VSR S24 (which actually doesn't expire until 30th January) and it does now have 2 authorisations and machine auth available.

I contacted support on Monday. I wasn't aware that the demo license had been updated at that stage so didn't mention that. After being asked to check installed version was the latest, to deactivate/restart/activate etc they asked me to wait a couple of days to see if it was iLok being slow at updating their licenses.

I was wondering if it may have something to do with the demo license being updated that the purchased one hasn't been but I have a very old LX480 demo license in my system which expired 4 years ago and that also has been updated for 2 activations and available machine activation (Obviously useless and expired but updated nevertheless).
Old 18th January 2017
Here for the gear

[QUOTE=js230;12383962]Installed updates.

The same for me here, latest version installed and deactivating/activating doesn't change a thing. LX480 refreshed instantly. So I will wait a little bit until Relab sorted this out.
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Quote:
Installed updates.

Hi,

Did you try and deactivate the VSR S24 license and then activate it again?
Do you have the latest version of VSR S24? (v1.0.3)
Yes
Old 18th January 2017
Gear Maniac

[QUOTE=Tompaz;12384853]
Quote:
Installed updates.

The same for me here, latest version installed and deactivating/activating doesn't change a thing. LX480 refreshed instantly. So I will wait a little bit until Relab sorted this out.
Yeah, same. Probably just a glitch in system.

Thanks to Relab for introducing machine authorization. I hate having to use a dongle with my laptop.
Old 19th January 2017
Anyone else having problems with the VSR S24 1.03 version demo crashing Pro Tools 12.7?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search