The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Relab releases the VSR S24 Plug-In Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Can we kindly get back to the topic please......

So Relab, when can we have a dongle free option to use this plugins?
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgary73 View Post
Can we kindly get back to the topic please......

So Relab, when can we have a dongle free option to use this plugins?
As mentioned earlier - we're looking into the possibility. Meaning we're testing various changes.

If you're looking in iLok License Manager right now, you'll observe that VSR S24 does support machine authorization (no iLok USB is necessary) and 2 activations per license, but we're still in the testing phase of things.
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post
As mentioned earlier - we're looking into the possibility. Meaning we're testing various changes.

If you're looking in iLok License Manager right now, you'll observe that VSR S24 does support machine authorization (no iLok USB is necessary) and 2 activations per license, but we're still in the testing phase of things.
Fantastic and thank you for the prompt reply.

Cheers

Last edited by davidgary73; 15th January 2017 at 01:32 AM..
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Can this only be purchased directly via Relab? I like the verb quite a lot but the price is just North of what I was hoping to spend for it. With a little taken off the top I'd be in.
Old 14th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi,
A side question, is it also two activations pr license for the Lx480?
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

when we want a HW inspired verb we always wonder how it compares with the HW, it would be strange if we didn't raise that question

i did read that Jantex compared this verb to the actual HW
as one of his colleges owns one ,and its spot on

can we ask for more if we want the TC 6000 sound ?

i found my love for TC 6000 in nebula which sounds fantastic by the way,
but you have no control in nebula with verbs , only very well chosen presets
and it will eat you're CPU for breakfast especially for the long verbs lol

for the record im not trying to make this a nebula thread
so forgive me good folks
but its my only reference and nebula is known for being very close to HW

all i can say i recognized the sound eliminately being used to the nebula TC 6000 ones

VSR S24 is so lush and nice on vocals its hard to find words
and to have all these controls at my fingertips just seal the deal for me

only demoing it will let you know how great this verb actually is on your own material/client mixes

i sincerely hope you can make this work with a ilok account as an option Relab

i truly believe that would make you're sales go trough the roof with this one
i have a ilok personally but you really deserve a lot of sales for this work

this is not the verb of only 2016, not for the TC 6000 sound
i consider this as a lifelong tool emulating what it does extremely well

you really did a fantastic job on this verb
its absolutely amazing what you have accomplished here Relab
Old 14th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Yes, for me also only one thing, that dont like with Relab is their price policy. No any discounts, no sales. Even with all options that plugin is really great, nowadays it is still too high. In sales period you can get Lexicon PcM bundle for the same 239USd, plus Slate subscription model also in 2017 made plugins cheaper.
Possibly it is due fact that developers are from Denmark, one of most expensive country in Europe
My demo period for S24 is expired and only price is factor who stop me go to buy...
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

So it is already two activations or is that being tested?
Old 14th January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighEnd View Post
Yes, for me also only one thing, that dont like with Relab is their price policy. No any discounts, no sales. Even with all options that plugin is really great, nowadays it is still too high. In sales period you can get Lexicon PcM bundle for the same 239USd, plus Slate subscription model also in 2017 made plugins cheaper.
Possibly it is due fact that developers are from Denmark, one of most expensive country in Europe
My demo period for S24 is expired and only price is factor who stop me go to buy...
If you own the LX already, you get the VSR cheaper.
That they don't do sales is also not true.
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

considering what the HW cost i think the asking price very fair for the VSR S24 IMHO
and those who already owns the Relab LX 480 complete do get a better price on the upgrade to bundle for 170$

im not seeing any bad pricing policy here

the old price on Relab LX 480 was way out of my price range
but now you can have both these verbs for the same price LX 480 used to cost

you can even buy just the LX 480 halls to begin with and upgrade to LX 480 complete later so you dont have to spend so much money at once

i definitively like that one as i don't own the LX 480 yet
and 300$ is just too much spending at once for my wallet
especially when i dont have to

so im seeing a positive pattern here

still i have to go with VSR S24 first over the LX even if i miss out on the bundle deal

Peace
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
considering what the HW cost i think the asking price very fair for the VSR S24 IMHO
It's fair, but keep in mind that this isn't competing with the hardware, it's competing with other software reverbs. Some are in this range, and in fact some are more expensive, but I have SO many reverbs that I could do ok without this. I'd like it, but it's on the threshold of being too much $$ to pull the trigger.
Old 14th January 2017
Lives for gear

it all depends on our taste of course , but this verb really made me go wow instantly
it has a sound i recognize and love from nebula
but with all the controls i dreamed of having, and now i can have it
i have lots of other verbs too including most uad verbs

but for my taste this one is truly special amongst algo verbs
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
Can this only be purchased directly via Relab? I like the verb quite a lot but the price is just North of what I was hoping to spend for it. With a little taken off the top I'd be in.
Yes you can. Google is your friend! There is a whopping 10 dollar discount at plugindiscounts for starters. Please share if you find something better and worth it.
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkfreak View Post
If you own the LX already, you get the VSR cheaper.
That they don't do sales is also not true.
Sorry, but 10 usd off I can't name as "sale".
We know Tony site plugindiscounts.com ,there always are biggest discounts and sales,but even there VSR24 under sales section are for $219 with regular price $ 229, and this is policy who is regulated by Relab, not Tony.
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios View Post
Yes you can. Google is your friend! There is a whopping 10 dollar discount at plugindiscounts for starters. Please share if you find something better and worth it.
No, you can't buy somewhere else. On relab site in FAQ section has info that plugins are available only from two places: Relab site and plugindiscounts.com
Old 15th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
We didn't see sadly any intro prices from Slate either last time and I doubt there will be any in the future as he pushes only his subscription model.

Whereas there has definitely been a Relab sale in december for the LX480 on which I jumped and then upgraded to the bundle. (VSR24 was not released at that time.) So there is still hope for you..
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
So it is already two activations or is that being tested?
I tried the demo and was given 2 license.

Am able to activate via machine but once launch Logic, it ask to activate via ilok2. I reckon i'll wait till this test is done and hope i can test this out bf the demo runs out
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
tried the demo and was given 2 license.

Am able to activate via machine but once launch Logic, it ask to activate via ilok2. I reckon i'll wait till this test is done and hope i can test this out bf the demo runs out
Same I just see two license for my LX480 but the second one doesn't work (ilok ask for license and Cubase blacklisted). perhaps it's gonna work tomorow.... we'll see...
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Everybody back up and look at what you are saying: Here we have a pretty much dead-on porting of a hardware unit that cost upwards of $10k, and it's under $300. For those who still think there is "simply no comparison to the hardware", fine you can have that opinion. But your opinion doesn't change the reality that Relab's software is - practically speaking - the same as the 480L and the TC6000. Go ahead. Buy 'em both. It would have run $20,000 in 1980s dollars. Man, what a bunch of whiny pennypinchers we've become!
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Sorry, but 10 usd off I can't name as "sale".
We know Tony site plugindiscounts.com ,there always are biggest discounts and sales,but even there VSR24 under sales section are for $219 with regular price $ 229, and this is policy who is regulated by Relab, not Tony.

They did have sales in the past but you said they do no sales. This is NOT true as i said before.
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Maniac

I will buy this soon. I have some good reverb plugins. This one is my favourite. I feel it's worth the price as it is a better reverb for me than some others which only cost a little less.
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Also with regards to price, remember Steve Dudas's approach to Xfer Nerve. He kept it relatively high priced, so it would make money, but not get too popular and have lots of customers that required technical support.
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

I have a 6000. Haven't compared yet. Still debating on this vs the TC native. My only question is the TC native is a exact port and the rehab is a emulation. Shouldn't the TC be more accurate to the reverb?
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp69 View Post

Please can we have this for the LX480 as well. Pleasepleaseplease
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Please can we have this for the LX480 as well. Pleasepleaseplease
My mistake, looks like it already does! When did that happen?
Old 15th January 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjer View Post
i definitively like that one as i don't own the LX 480 yet
and 300$ is just too much spending at once for my wallet
especially when i dont have to
You'll just have to lay off the Acquas for a while
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
You'll just have to lay off the Acquas for a while
agree to that LOL

its very cool though that i can buy the relab LX 480 halls first
and upgrade to LX 480 complete later
when chopped up in two payments 300$ isn't a issue for me

i really like this new approach from Relab
Old 15th January 2017
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I have a 6000. Haven't compared yet. Still debating on this vs the TC native. My only question is the TC native is a exact port and the rehab is a emulation. Shouldn't the TC be more accurate to the reverb?
I think this is already very much explained in detail two pages ago even underlined by a statement from Casey from Bricasti.
If you only want the VSS3 algorithm which is only one algo of the TC6000 go for TC but I would recommend you to test and compare both and then decide for yourself.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Nut

Is a resizable gui eventually in the works ?
Thanks.
Old 16th January 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by budweiser View Post
Is a resizable gui eventually in the works ?
Thanks.
+10 for LX480 too
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search